Echiejile or Aina?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Echiejile or Aina?

Post by Dammy »

Which one of the duo drops out? E lderson has served Nigeria very well for several years and this WC is his swansong. He played all the matches in the WCQs and acquainted himself well. His club career has been in steady decline and he now plays occasionally in the Belgian 2nd tier, but for injury in 2014, Russian would've been his 3rd WC.
Ola Aina is the new kid on the block. The Chelsea loanee was persuaded by Coach Rohr to switch allegiance from England to Nigeria. He was a regular for Hull in the English Championship where he performed creditably. Like his club colleague, Tammy Abraham, I expect him to either return to Chelsea or get a loan to an EPL side next season to continue his development.
While Echiejile has experience, Aina is one for the future. So of CEs were in Rohr"s shoes, who would you choose?
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Echiejile or Aina?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You want us to choose between a player you wrote " acquainted himself quite well" and played all the wcq and a player that was on the bench while he was doing so. If u were the coach which player would you choose? :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Aina all day
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

olu wrote:Aina all day
There’s a reason you’ll never be a coach, at least not a good one :!:

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

there is no debate here. Any sane coach will chose Aina.

Aina played all season long.

Echijele barely played at all.

Aina plays in a better league. English Championship

Echijele struggled in a poor Belgian division.

Aina can play both RB and LB giving us options in case of injury or tactical shuffle.

Echijele can only play LB.

Aina is a faster player.

There is no argument to be made here, also considering that even before the emergence of Aina, Idowu, Ebuehi, etc. Echijele was always seen as the weak link in the SE starting 11.

Any coach who choses Echijele is a fool.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s time to move on from Ichy-jelly and schit!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

both should go .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:there is no debate here. Any sane coach will chose Aina.

Aina can play both RB and LB giving us options in case of injury or tactical shuffle.

Aina is a faster player.

There is no argument to be made here, also considering that even before the emergence of Aina, Idowu, Ebuehi, etc. Echijele was always seen as the weak link in the SE starting 11.

Does everyone have to agree with you? So anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view is a fool abi? You have shown that you have no trait of being a leader. None!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Without question, if fit, ECHIEJILE
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Uwa player all through our WCQ except for Algeria away and aquatinted himself well. Infact, prior to the games against Algeria and Cameroon, the consensus here was that Uwa will be embarrassed and be taken to the cleaners by the likes of mahrez, moukanjo etc but at the end of the day, he performed credibly decent. I believe that uwa has earned his due right to be listed among our 23 team because he played all through the qualifier, has various nations cup and World Cup experience and big games experience. Aina is still a youngster and after World Cup will probably get more chances to earn his shirt
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:

Aina is a faster player.

Does everyone have to agree with you? So anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view is a fool abi? You have shown that you have no trait of being a leader. None!

There is absolutely no upside to picking Echijele. NONE.

And before somebody touts the silly "experience" nonsense.

The experience gained playing an entire season in the Championship trumps any so called "experience" Echijele can offer. Aina is more equipped "experience wise" playing against the calibre of opponents we will meet in Russia, then Uwa is.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote:
highbury wrote:

Aina is a faster player.

The experience gained playing an entire season in the Championship trumps any so called "experience" Echijele can offer. Aina is more equipped "experience wise" playing against the calibre of opponents we will meet in Russia, then Uwa is.
No, it doesn't. If Aina was obviously better than Ech, I would vote for the better player, and take a chance on experience. But Ech is better to me, and then he has big tournament experience.

I rate Aina at the bottom of all our full back options (Left and Right). He played some nonsense.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Echijele has played a grand total of 9 GAMES THIS SEASON.

2 FOR CERCLE BRUGGES IN THE LOWLY BELGIUM LEAGUE

7 FOR SIVASPOR IN TURKEY.

meanwhile

Ola Aina during the same season has played 44 GAMES IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

During Uwa's 9 matches in a lower league he got 3 yellow cards.

Aina playing 44 matches in a superior league has the same 3 yellow cards.

It is clear as day who the better player is.

If Rohr wants to rely on the same stupid sentiments that destroyed our 2014 ambitions because of the depraved Keshi, then so be it, but he is a FOOL.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
highbury wrote:

Aina is a faster player.

To be honest, I am not convinced with all our 3 Left backs. I will rather have Joel Obi as our left back. I don't want Joel Obi anywhere near the central Midfield.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:Echijele has played a grand total of 9 GAMES THIS SEASON.

meanwhile

If Rohr wants to rely on the same stupid sentiments that destroyed our 2014 ambitions because of the depraved Keshi, then so be it, but he is a FOOL.
He has the right to pick his team. We are supporters, not coaches. He is no fool! One may disagree with his selection, but to call him a fool because you may disagree with his selection is the definition is foolishness. How was Keshi depraved? Do you even know what the meaning of "depraved" is? I think you are getting unnecessary hypertension due to the upcoming World Cup.. Please take a break from CE, read a book, go for a run, watch a movie.. Something to get your mind off Pre World Cup Hypertension
Last edited by highbury on Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

That’s what the friendlies are for. It will be determined on the field.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Aina is a faster player.

what do you think Rohr is? Definitely Rohr's line of thought is somehow abnormal. Do you really expect him to do the right thing? He is completely a weird individual and will not be surprised at all if he picks Echijele over a very promising and far more talented young man Aina.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Uwa because Aina seem too casual in the friendlies I have seen him in. Hopefully Uwa has been training when not playing at his club.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Difference is Aina has not justified himself in the SE shirt. He has another chance coming up. It is important to do the biz when wearing the shirt especially now that it seems they're vying for who backs up Idowu.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
highbury wrote:

Aina is a faster player.

To be honest, I am not convinced with all our 3 Left backs. I will rather have Joel Obi as our left back. I don't want Joel Obi anywhere near the central Midfield.
In a 3-5-2, yes. But not in a 4-3-3 formation.

My preference for a left back is Echiejile. But if he is dropped, I will prefer Idowu starts. Aina is too inexperienced and relies on his speed but positioning can be very poor.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Echiejile is Nigeria’s best ever left back - no other left back has helped qualify us for 3 world cups. Echiejile should be in Russia as our deputy captain.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote:Echijele has played a grand total of 9 GAMES THIS SEASON.

meanwhile

As wonderful as the internet is, nothing in the world exposes stupidity as much. You have the gall to call Stephen Keshi, the only Nigerian to have ever coached Nigeria to an ANC championship depraved and Gernot Rhor a fool, all because you have the luxury of anonymity on the internet. Not only are you suffering from delusions of grandeur, you are also incorrigibly retarded :!:

Cheers.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Aina is the better player. In addition, he brings more position versatility to the squad. Echiejile was a key player in qualifying and has experience on his side. However, that experience is only useful if you can still get the job done on the pitch.