Benfica signs Tyronne Ebuehi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Benfica signs Tyronne Ebuehi

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ANC wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Dude just got signed for Benfica but according to some clowns here, Echijile should go to the WC instead of him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He should go to world cup. He does not play the same position as Echijile though.

Hmmm...
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bret- hart wrote:Dude just got signed for Benfica but according to some clowns here, Echijile should go to the WC instead of him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are internet experts they know what they’re talking about,if you’ve been here long enough you’d realise that before every major tournament involving Nigeria they unload a well of (unless) knowledge and can’t be corrected!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat May 19, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bret- hart wrote:
Cito wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
You are ridiculously clueless. Echiejile and Ebuehi don’t play the same position. They are not competing with one another. Ebuehi may not go to the World Cup but that would be because of Shehu and possibly Aina :!:

Cheers.

You are the one that is clueless. Aina is a Left Full back so is Echijile. Clowns like you want to accommodate Ecjijile because he is "experienced" while at the same time leaving out better full backs like Ebuehi.
Did you just make his point with the line 'Aina is a left full back....'? I thought the topic is about Ebuehi and not Aina. One is competing for the left while the other for the right.
Mehn shut up. These are the fullbacks who ought to be at the WC. Ebuehi, Aina, Abdulahi and Idowu. But i see most of you want to squeeze useless Echijile in.
You do not have to be rude to make your point. It doesn't paint you in a good light.

All are fullbacks with specialty positions. What you wrote is akin to saying iwobi will push out Ndidi for a spot in the team because both are midfielders.

They may be fullback but they play different sides of the back line. Insults won't change that fact.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cito wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Cito wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
You are ridiculously clueless. Echiejile and Ebuehi don’t play the same position. They are not competing with one another. Ebuehi may not go to the World Cup but that would be because of Shehu and possibly Aina :!:

Cheers.

You are the one that is clueless. Aina is a Left Full back so is Echijile. Clowns like you want to accommodate Ecjijile because he is "experienced" while at the same time leaving out better full backs like Ebuehi.
Did you just make his point with the line 'Aina is a left full back....'? I thought the topic is about Ebuehi and not Aina. One is competing for the left while the other for the right.
Mehn shut up. These are the fullbacks who ought to be at the WC. Ebuehi, Aina, Abdulahi and Idowu. But i see most of you want to squeeze useless Echijile in.
You do not have to be rude to make your point. It doesn't paint you in a good light.

All are fullbacks with specialty positions. What you wrote is akin to saying iwobi will push out Ndidi for a spot in the team because both are midfielders.

They may be fullback but they play different sides of the back line. Insults won't change that fact.

My bad. Didnt mean too. Still im more comforable with Idowu, Aina,Abdulahi and Ebuehi as our fullbacks.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

platinum wrote:
Gotti wrote:
waka-man wrote:This kid could have a break out summer.
Bags of talent, all the physical attributes, elegant and finally beginning to bring that all together. So glad he’s in the squad. He’ll start ahead of Shehu.
If only we had such exciting options at left back...
Very Unlikely...
Unless a whole lot changes by WC time.

BTW, he does NOT have “all the physical attributes” as he presently has a beanpole physique...
And frankly has to improve on his “mental attributes” in terms of consistency in defensive positioning.

Nonetheless, CONGRATS to him. It’s a significantly big move for him and us. :clap:

Smart by Benfica, get him before the World Cup.

I agree, he's unlikely to start ahead of Shehu. The only thing he has ahead of Shehu is speed.
Not only speed. Tactically, his positioning is a bit better - he understands how to fill the gaps better and knows when to support the attack and when to drop back. That said, overall Shehu has the physical edge and work rate required to matchup and track attackers more than Ebuehi. It’s a toss up for me. I need to see him in more friendlies to conclude
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is a good prospect. But I think Russia 2018 might be too early for him.

He should be one of the young players that should make up the core for the 2022 team.

Players like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, K Nwakili, Osimhen, Iheanacho should make up that core. we need to start integrating them into the National team immediately after the world cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

How about ball handing and techniques?

quote="platinum"]
Gotti wrote:
Bags of talent, all the physical attributes, elegant and finally beginning to bring that all together. So glad he’s in the squad. He’ll start ahead of Shehu.
Very Unlikely...

BTW, he does NOT have “all the physical attributes” as he presently has a beanpole physique...
And frankly has to improve on his “mental attributes” in terms of consistency in defensive positioning.

Nonetheless, CONGRATS to him. It’s a significantly big move for him and us. :clap:

I agree, he's unlikely to start ahead of Shehu. The only thing he has ahead of Shehu is speed.[/quote]
Goldenera94
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Best RB in Africa n a couple yrs. Has to go to the WC even if he doesn't play a min. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Is Benfica in championship league next season?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bully12 wrote:Is Benfica in championship league next season?
Yes. they're champions of south Lisbon. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
bully12 wrote:Is Benfica in championship league next season?
Yes. they're champions of south Lisbon. :thumb:
Are you being sarcastic or real ? If it is real surely it will be an amazing experience for him. He has the potentials of being a world class right back. His crossing at the moment is awesome and wonderful. What he lacks now is physical presence but I'm not solicitous about it he will bulk up with time.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

green4life wrote:Not only speed. Tactically, his positioning is a bit better - he understands how to fill the gaps better and knows when to support the attack and when to drop back. That said, overall Shehu has the physical edge and work rate required to matchup and track attackers more than Ebuehi. It’s a toss up for me. I need to see him in more friendlies to conclude
Actually, his defensive positioning is quite often poor...

And I say this not based on his relatively very few SE appearances but on having watched him several times at club level. But then again, Shehu also often suffers from much the same malady and in fact Shehu’s poor defensive positional awareness has actually cost us dearly (or put us in grave danger) on occasion (the ANCQ game against in Egypt in Kaduna being one visible example). Ebuehi is far much better going forward and supporting the attack than he is picking up the spare opposing player on defense, and on corner-kicks quite often looks lost. Hopefully, experience will improve all these shortfalls.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Very Unlikely...

I agree, he's unlikely to start ahead of Shehu. The only thing he has ahead of Shehu is speed.

True, but its also a gamble that he would not make the squad and they could have paid less for him.

Great move though! :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

What physical attributes if I may ask? Was Celestine Babayaro or Yisa Shofoluwe physical? David Alaba, Jordi Alba, Philip Lahm? Not sure what you all mean by physical attributes. All mentioned were some damn intelligent players.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

I don't think he's better at any other facet of the game. Not yet anyway. That first game he played was really good, he showed immense potential and at some point, if he keeps improving, his ceiling is higher than Shehu, but right now I think Shehu is the better player who adds more to the Eagles.
goldenera94 wrote:How about ball handing and techniques?

quote="platinum"]
Gotti wrote:
Very Unlikely...

[/quote]
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Gotti wrote:
green4life wrote:Not only speed. Tactically, his positioning is a bit better - he understands how to fill the gaps better and knows when to support the attack and when to drop back. That said, overall Shehu has the physical edge and work rate required to matchup and track attackers more than Ebuehi. It’s a toss up for me. I need to see him in more friendlies to conclude
Actually, his defensive positioning is quite often poor...

And I say this not based on his relatively very few SE appearances but on having watched him several times at club level. But then again, Shehu also often suffers from much the same malady and in fact Shehu’s poor defensive positional awareness has actually cost us dearly (or put us in grave danger) on occasion (the ANCQ game against in Egypt in Kaduna being one visible example). Ebuehi is far much better going forward and supporting the attack than he is picking up the spare opposing player on defense, and on corner-kicks quite often looks lost. Hopefully, experience will improve all these shortfalls.

Can you stop please. I watched a bunch of his games club-side, and short of being excellent was very good. Benfica isn't buying based on just potential, you actually have to be good to play for the big three in Portugal, as they are looking to make a killing on you.
Against Serbia, as much as I love Iwobi, drifting into the middle and not protecting Ebuehi was inexcusable. The winger Kolarov and the winger simply toyed with Ebuehi. That can happen to anyone. Ask Cele Babayaro against Senegal and against Cameroon. They two timed him so much, it wasn't even funny.
You dont have to make up tales, to get across your point. My kodi is fire and I watch even Serbia league games, when I'm not busy.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

okidoki wrote:Can you stop please. I watched a bunch of his games club-side, and short of being excellent was very good. Benfica isn't buying based on just potential, you actually have to be good to play for the big three in Portugal, as they are looking to make a killing on you.
Against Serbia, as much as I love Iwobi, drifting into the middle and not protecting Ebuehi was inexcusable. The winger Kolarov and the winger simply toyed with Ebuehi. That can happen to anyone. Ask Cele Babayaro against Senegal and against Cameroon. They two times him so much, it wasn't even funny.
You dont have to make up tales, to get across your point. My kodi is fire and I watch even Serbia league games, when I'm not busy.
You can provide your own obtuse PERSONAL OPINION without insulting others and accusing them of falsehood...

The problem with DUMMIES like you is that you think everybody is pursuing the same sort of primordial narrow-minded agenda that your blinkered backward brain operates on. I freely shared my PERSONAL OPINION of Ebuehi and his club-level performances here on CE at the time that I watched those games (not like your moronic after-the-fact BS drivel). Furthermore, I reserve the unfettered right and privilege to change my mind and my PERSONAL OPINION of Ebuehi depending on his changing performances and circumstances (unlike a backward basement-dwelling DUMMY like you who cannot reason beyond the neanderthal level of either unwavering demonization or canonization of individuals). Kodi ko, Koidiot ni!
Last edited by Gotti on Sun May 20, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, on the subject matter at hand...
Found this nice YouTube video welcoming dude to Benfica.

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Gotti wrote:
okidoki wrote:Can you stop please. I watched a bunch of his games club-side, and short of being excellent was very good. Benfica isn't buying based on just potential, you actually have to be good to play for the big three in Portugal, as they are looking to make a killing on you.
Against Serbia, as much as I love Iwobi, drifting into the middle and not protecting Ebuehi was inexcusable. The winger Kolarov and the winger simply toyed with Ebuehi. That can happen to anyone. Ask Cele Babayaro against Senegal and against Cameroon. They two times him so much, it wasn't even funny.
You can provide your own obtuse PERSONAL OPINION without insulting others and accusing them of falsehood...

The problem with DUMMIES like you is that you think everybody is pursuing the same sort of primordial narrow-minded agenda that your blinkered backward brain operates on. I freely shared my PERSONAL OPINION of Ebuehi and his club-level performances here on CE at the time that I watched those games (not like your moronic after-the-fact BS drivel). Furthermore, I reserve the unfettered right and privilege to change my mind and my PERSONAL OPINION of Ebuehi depending on his changing performances and circumstances (unlike a backward basement-dwelling DUMMY like you who cannot reason beyond the neanderthal level of either unwavering demonization or canonization of individuals). Kodi ko, Koidiot ni!
Yap all you want, you were making up tales. The boy was in team of the week, a bunch of times. Suddenly he can't keep position, because he had a bad game against Serbia. Don't tell tales period.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

okidoki wrote:Yap all you want, you were making up tales. The boy was in team of the week, a bunch of times. Suddenly he can't keep position, because he had a bad game against Serbia. Don't tell tales period.
You are an effing moron and probably a crook...
How come when you were watching your Kodi-eine, nobody heard from you. DUMMY!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Gotti wrote:
okidoki wrote:Yap all you want, you were making up tales. The boy was in team of the week, a bunch of times. Suddenly he can't keep position, because he had a bad game against Serbia. Don't tell tales period.
You are an effing moron and probably a crook...
How come when you were watching your Kodi-eine, nobody heard from you. DUMMY!
Stupid moron, making up tales.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dummy and a LIAR... :lol:

Ebuehi made the Eredivisie TOTW only ONCE (in February)....
Sadiq Umar made same league TOTW TWICE but it didn't render him beyond criticism. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Gotti wrote:
Dummy and a LIAR... :lol:

Ebuehi made the Eredivisie TOTW only ONCE (in February)....
Sadiq Umar made same league TOTW TWICE but it didn't render him beyond criticism. SMDH
Glad I'm putting you to work. Story teller...