Onyekuru furious with Anderlecht for making him miss WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Onyekuru furious with Anderlecht for making him miss WC

Post by Otitokoro »

Truth be told, even when he wasn't injured, he struggled to become a mainstay in the SE after failing to capitalize on the 3 different opportunities Rohr had offered him. One of his main issues is his inability to defend - something his Club coach hinted about in previous interviews.

People blaming the Anderletch coach for his not being picked for the WC provisional list is nothing short of silly. He wasn't good enough to make the Nigeria team anyway. At the club level, the young kid Francis Amuzu, who replaced him when he was injured, has been in very good form. And quite frankly, with Onyekuru's tentativeness in the tackle, he wasn't going to make the Anderletch squad over the playoffs.

Its sad that his people have failed to advise him to take care of himself, not just physically, but psychologically, instead of giving him false hopes that he was going to make the WC Squad.
Enugu II wrote:IMHO, Onyekuru not being picked for camp was always predictable after his injury. It seemed thinly veiled that he was going to do whatever it took to make the World Cup. That is not bad but at times it appeared he was even willing to risk doing so with injury or not being fully fit. For me, he just needs to get a rest and be sure that he is FULLY FIT before playing for either club or country. A footballer's career is a very short one. Why take the risk of serious re-injury as seemed the case between the claim of whether surgery was needed or not just after he was injured? While I have no details of his injury, I also do not wish him to do things that an ruin his career. After all, even if he was fully fit, there was nothing to show that he would have made the World Cup 23. Just my tuppence.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Everton winger Onyekuru angry with Anderlecht for making him miss out on Nigeria's World Cup squad - See more at: https://goo.gl/1KPzc4
I am not clicking on that link.
Isn't there a rule against titles and links without a body of context? :twisted:
I don't know why the Mods are letting Ayo and Co. get away with this crap. If there is no rule to this type of thing or if the rule is NOT clear, then a rule should be written or made clear.

To me, for anyone or business to do what Ayo is doing, they should be paying some money to the CE.
I have seen Site Admins warn members who posted links with no body.

That's why txj or is it EnuguII posts teaser context in the body.

Heck, I would love to post articles without context because it's a pain ITA to copy and paste sometimes especially from a mobile device.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
hestonap wrote:Would have been crazy to select him so quickly after a major injury with limited playing time. One shares his frustration but I do not think his coach did anything wrong here.
The question is before his injury how much opportunity was he offered by the depraved fool in spite of his stellar performance . Mr Rohr didn't want him to expose his depravity and fecklessness . Musa, Kelechi and Simon were performing very poorly in their respective clubs he still gave them numerous opportunities to prove themselves . Nothing will ever convince me there is nothing insidious with Rohr's actions against Onyekuru . His actions are absolutely invidious and will surely his comeuppance from nemesis . Stupid foolish man.
You seem to tick all the boxes quite easily. I am sure that if we did a survey of forumers' views on you, the results would be unequivocal. :D
PLEASE TICK AS APPROPRIATE.
Is bully 12:
1. A depraved fool [Check!]
2. A man of depravity and fecklessness [Check!!]
3. Stupid and foolish [Check!!!]
STOP LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. :idea:
Buffoon I must have inflicted an excruciating pain on you when I exposed your true color in rant and rave. Stupid snake oil seller. Depraved medical doctor that administered and infused plain normal saline into innocent and ignorant patients as a fertility drug charged them for it. You are surely unabashed of yourself. To tell the truth I'm completely not solicitous what you think about me. It gladdens my heart that I expose your stupid #$% . I could no longer tolerate you subtle deception. FOOL.,
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyekuru was given chances by Rohr but he didn't take them. Unlike club football, you don't get that many chances in international football.
He was introduced in low key friendlies against Corsica and Togo and fluffed his lines, even the much maligned Musa took his chances against Togo with a brace.
There is a lot of football after the WC and Onyekuru should just concentrate on getting fit. His handlers put a lot of pressure on him by giving him the impression that making the WC squad will help him get a UK work permit and that is not even guaranteed.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Onyekuru was given chances by Rohr but he didn't take them. Unlike club football, you don't get that many chances in international football.
He was introduced in low key friendlies against Corsica and Togo and fluffed his lines, even the much maligned Musa took his chances against Togo with a brace.
There is a lot of football after the WC and Onyekuru should just concentrate on getting fit. His handlers put a lot of pressure on him by giving him the impression that making the WC squad will help him get a UK work permit and that is not even guaranteed.
His time will come. I wouldn't say he did too badly when he got his chances but the requirement in such circumstances is that you do enough to displace, not just display.
I really like the guy but if Rohr thinks he is not quite ready, so be it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
hestonap wrote:Would have been crazy to select him so quickly after a major injury with limited playing time. One shares his frustration but I do not think his coach did anything wrong here.
The question is before his injury how much opportunity was he offered by the depraved fool in spite of his stellar performance . Mr Rohr didn't want him to expose his depravity and fecklessness . Musa, Kelechi and Simon were performing very poorly in their respective clubs he still gave them numerous opportunities to prove themselves . Nothing will ever convince me there is nothing insidious with Rohr's actions against Onyekuru . His actions are absolutely invidious and will surely his comeuppance from nemesis . Stupid foolish man.
You seem to tick all the boxes quite easily. I am sure that if we did a survey of forumers' views on you, the results would be unequivocal. :D
Is bully 12:
Buffoon I must have inflicted an excruciating pain on you when I exposed your true color in rant and rave. Stupid snake oil seller. Depraved medical doctor that administered and infused plain normal saline into innocent and ignorant patients as a fertility drug charged them for it. You are surely unabashed of yourself. To tell the truth I'm completely not solicitous what you think about me. It gladdens my heart that I expose your stupid #$% . I could no longer tolerate you subtle deception. FOOL.,
i see you've ticked all your own boxes.
Check!!!!
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:Truth be told, even when he wasn't injured, he struggled to become a mainstay in the SE after failing to capitalize on the 3 different opportunities Rohr had offered him. One of his main issues is his inability to defend - something his Club coach hinted about in previous interviews.

People blaming the Anderletch coach for his not being picked for the WC provisional list is nothing short of silly. He wasn't good enough to make the Nigeria team anyway. At the club level, the young kid Francis Amuzu, who replaced him when he was injured, has been in very good form. And quite frankly, with Onyekuru's tentativeness in the tackle, he wasn't going to make the Anderletch squad over the playoffs.

Its sad that his people have failed to advise him to take care of himself, not just physically, but psychologically, instead of giving him false hopes that he was going to make the WC Squad.
Enugu II wrote:IMHO, Onyekuru not being picked for camp was always predictable after his injury. It seemed thinly veiled that he was going to do whatever it took to make the World Cup. That is not bad but at times it appeared he was even willing to risk doing so with injury or not being fully fit. For me, he just needs to get a rest and be sure that he is FULLY FIT before playing for either club or country. A footballer's career is a very short one. Why take the risk of serious re-injury as seemed the case between the claim of whether surgery was needed or not just after he was injured? While I have no details of his injury, I also do not wish him to do things that an ruin his career. After all, even if he was fully fit, there was nothing to show that he would have made the World Cup 23. Just my tuppence.
Point is, we are all watching the same players in the same games and we are all in disagreement with each other. There is no unanimity in our observations, nor is there even a majority view on some of the fringe players like Onyekuru, Nwankwo and Sadiq Umaru.
So let's just accept that Rohr has his considered and valid reasons for preferring some players over others.
None of us here is a professional coach and more importantly, none of us here is working directly with the players or speaking directly with their club coaches.

You can see how some are already having epileptic fits because their preferences were not selected! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Onyekuru is arguably our most potent striking threat at the moment. We need him in Russia ooooooooooooo.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru is arguably our most potent striking threat at the moment. We need him in Russia ooooooooooooo.
Ayo, how can you take a player that is not fully recovered from his injury.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru is arguably our most potent striking threat at the moment. We need him in Russia ooooooooooooo.
Ayo, how can you take a player that is not fully recovered from his injury.
Rohr should have invited him to assess his injury. If he is not recovered, then fair enough but who knows, he may have been fine after two friendly games.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

deanotito wrote:The coach saying he was afraid to tackle is all I needed. That’s a short-1 player...he could look good offensively, but he will harm your team
Putting the WC to one side, is this observation before or after the injury.

If he is just coming in, he has to protect himself. No?

I think it is valid for a player coming back from injury to be cautious until he achieves stability.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cchinukw wrote:
deanotito wrote:The coach saying he was afraid to tackle is all I needed. That’s a short-1 player...he could look good offensively, but he will harm your team
Putting the WC to one side, is this observation before or after the injury.

If he is just coming in, he has to protect himself. No?

I think it is valid for a player coming back from injury to be cautious until he achieves stability.
I would think you would need to be 100% both physically and psychologically to really be able to give your all. Can't really be ready if you are afraid to give 100% or you will be pulling out of challenge while your teammates are giving their all...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Is bully 12:
i see you've ticked all your own boxes.
Check!!!!
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Like I said earlier certainly I'm stolid to your scornful derision . Your indifferencec to moral restrain is well know in this forum , unscrupulous human being.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

If football was played with mouth and headlines, Onyekuru will be greater than Pele and Maradona combined. He's a whole load of noise!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

It is not like he tackled or even tracked back before the injury.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!