NIGERIA WORLD CUP CAMP THREAD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA WORLD CUP CAMP THREAD

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Fringe boys working hard while big man Mikel still Dey London

Super Eagus 4 Life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Where is Mikel? This dude is always late to camp. I know Vic just finished FA cup. So Vic has 10days off. But Mikel? Haba! Always one of the damnnn latecomers. Yesterday is visa issue. I don't understand why a lot of Nigerians feel like their lateness reflects on their importance... Mikel is not better than any player. He is just granted the privilege of being Captain.
Last edited by highbury on Thu May 24, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mikel get family in London to visit. It is not a big deal. I don't expect him to play against DR Congo. That game is for Simi Nwankwo and co.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote:Mikel get family in London to visit. It is not a big deal. I don't expect him to play against DR Congo. That game is for Simi Nwankwo and co.
It is a big deal. I'm with Highbury....there really is no excuse for this.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

deanotito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Mikel get family in London to visit. It is not a big deal. I don't expect him to play against DR Congo. That game is for Simi Nwankwo and co.
The players need to rest. World cup will start on June 14. It is not a big deal. He will be in camp in time for the game against England which is in London. So why not just stay in London and wait for the team to arrive on May 29. The guy is in China, while his family spend most of the time in England. Give him a break.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
The players need to rest. World cup will start on June 14. It is not a big deal. He will be in camp in time for the game against England which is in London. So why not just stay in London and wait for the team to arrive on May 29. The guy is in China, while his family spend most of the time in England. Give him a break.
Rest? Unlike the Euro gang the Chinese league is in its early stages, so he shouldn’t be as fatigued. And everyone has a family so that can’t be an excuse. Ighalo from the same league is already in Uyo, touched down today. Anyways he learned from the likes of JJ and Kanu.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

highbury wrote:Where is Mikel? This dude is always late to camp. I know Vic just finished FA cup. So Vic has 10days off. But Mikel? Haba! Always one of the damnnn late comers. Yesterday is visa issue. I don't understand why alot of Nigerians feel like their lateness reflects on the importance.. Mikel is not better than any player. He is just granted the privilege of being Captain.
He is the ..........................Field Marshal :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

zee wrote:
highbury wrote:Where is Mikel? This dude is always late to camp. I know Vic just finished FA cup. So Vic has 10days off. But Mikel? Haba! Always one of the damnnn late comers. Yesterday is visa issue. I don't understand why alot of Nigerians feel like their lateness reflects on the importance.. Mikel is not better than any player. He is just granted the privilege of being Captain.
He is the ..........................Field Marshal :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Enjoying daddy duties :thumbs:

Super Eagus 4 Life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Rest? Unlike the Euro gang the Chinese league is in its early stages, so he shouldn’t be as fatigued. And everyone has a family so that can’t be an excuse. Ighalo from the same league is already in Uyo, touched down today. Anyways he learned from the likes of JJ and Kanu.
No doubt! Okocha who couldn't find his way to the airport. Every player will like to spend more time with their families. Why is Mikel any different? Jeez! it is so annoying. Phony bigmanism. Like I said, he isn't better than the players. He is just privileged to be given the honor to be Captain of a great country like Nigeria. His comrades are sweating it out. He is chilling... God knows what he is doing wherever he is.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

highbury wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
No doubt! Okocha who couldn't find his way to the airport. Every player will like to spend more time with their families. Why is Mikel any different? Jeez! it is so annoying. Phony bigmanism. Like I said, he isn't better than the players. He is just privileged to be given the honor to be Captain of a great country like Nigeria. His comrades are sweating it out. He is chilling... God knows what he is doing wherever he is.
Just hush it.

When he was in camp for the Olympics and even spending money to help out the team, he was a big man?

This is how you people come and bear false witness against people for no reason.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

highbury wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Preach! He’s left Europe, has an easier schedule and his league is in early stages. Would it kill him to be one of the first in camp...as captain? He will retire after the WC...he can spend more time with his family then.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

deanotito wrote:
highbury wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Preach! He’s left Europe, has an easier schedule and his league is in early stages. Would it kill him to be one of the first in camp...as captain? He will retire after the WC...he can spend more time with his family then.
See cellular's comment above yours.
Typically I'd agree with you but if any player has earned the right to get reprieve, it's Mikel. Without him, this team is going nowhere, they need to figure out how to play without him. Heck, he should stay away a little longer even, let them figure out out who can take his place. Those friendlies showed exactly how vital he is.

He's professional and as far as I know he has not broken any of the current camp rules. So what's the problem?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Just hush it.

When he was in camp for the Olympics and even spending money to help out the team, he was a big man?

This is how you people come and bear false witness against people for no reason.
Hush what? Stop it! Consistency of character is what I expect from my Captain. Not good today, and bad tomorrow. Do you really know why he isn't in camp? Since you know everything. :roll: :roll:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The problem with Nigerians is selective justice. If every player disregarded rohr instructions and visited their families overseas while missing camp hours would people exonerate them of blame. Mikel is a legend and has sacrificed his time, dedication for super eagles but rules are rules and regulations should be adhered by every player or no player. No one is bigger than nigeria
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

john12 wrote:The problem with Nigerians is selective justice. If every player disregarded rohr instructions and visited their families overseas while missing camp hours would people exonerate them of blame. Mikel is a legend and has sacrificed his time, dedication for super eagles but rules are rules and regulations should be adhered by every player or no player. No one is bigger than nigeria

Since you know the rules so much, please tell me. When is the due date to report to camp? Has Mikel been excused from camp or is he just breaking rules?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ighalo played a game in China on Saturday. Yet he is in camp. Mr Excuse or Mr Absent Captain is away.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

highbury wrote:Ighalo played a game in China on Saturday. Yet he is in camp. Mr Excuse or Mr Absent Captain is away.
When is the due date to report to camp? Do you know why Mikel is away? Do you know what permissions he got from Rohr? If you can't answer these questions, it's best to keep quiet because you'd have no idea what you're talking about.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

platinum wrote:
highbury wrote:Ighalo played a game in China on Saturday. Yet he is in camp. Mr Excuse or Mr Absent Captain is away.
When is the due date to report to camp? Do you know why Mikel is away? Do you know what permissions he got from Rohr? If you can't answer these questions, it's best to keep quiet because you'd have no idea what you're talking about.
lol! So I can't ask questions? Trust me: I am not the only one asking questions. Maybe they should address the fans. At least keep us abreast. If it is not clarified, the questions will still linger.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Onazi looking fit and trimmer

Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Just hush it.

:clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote:
platinum wrote:
lol! So I can't ask questions? Trust me: I am not the only one asking questions. Maybe they should address the fans. At least keep us abreast. If it is not clarified, the questions will still linger.
answer platinum's question
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

platinum wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:With Romero out for Argentina and even though we need to focus on Croatia. We should be able to punish Caballero. Moses, Nacho and Iwobi especially.
Franco Armani will be the #1 gk.
Exactly. Romero was probably going to get benched. He's not better than Caballero and certainly not Armani.
Wasn't it Armani that chopped 4 unanswered from our boys in the friendly? Abi na Caballero?

As for Mikel, the coach is on top of team affairs. If he's OK with it, why all the biatching? Ideally he should be in camp and he's been a model citizen the past few years so absent evidence to the contrary, I doubt this is an issue of indiscipline on his part.