Rohr talks about SE style of play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr talks about SE style of play

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

From 4 days ago I believe..Starts @ 1.30. I thought is explanation of what happened in Poland and vs Serbia was spot on. This man is panning a wicked brew for the WC. If he pulls it off we'll be a nightmare for opposing teams to play.
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
guest83
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr talks about SE style of play

Post by guest83 »

Discipline is the most important thing. If the team can sustain concentration for the full 90 min in every game we should be good. No stupid red cards, free kicks etc,. That's where all African teams have fallen short.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

He wants to soak pressure and then spring out like a coil when we win the ball back. I hope we can switch it up when we have to take up the initiative and break down teams that sit back against us like Iceland will probably do.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

metalalloy wrote:He wants to soak pressure and then spring out like a coil when we win the ball back. I hope we can switch it up when we have to take up the initiative and break down teams that sit back against us like Iceland will probably do.

Iceland will likely be coming off a loss to Argentina when we play them. I’m sure they’ve marked our game as a potential win as soon as the draws were announced. They’re not going to sit back. I doubt any team will have the luxury to sit back until the last round of games.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
metalalloy wrote:He wants to soak pressure and then spring out like a coil when we win the ball back. I hope we can switch it up when we have to take up the initiative and break down teams that sit back against us like Iceland will probably do.

Iceland will likely be coming off a loss to Argentina when we play them. I’m sure they’ve marked our game as a potential win as soon as the draws were announced. They’re not going to sit back. I doubt any team will have the luxury to sit back until the last round of games.

Iceland is exactly the type of team that Team Argentina would struggle against, I would not be surprise if the game ends in a draw.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

That would probably work very well against Argentina, as long as we don't concede first. I feel we have to press the Croats hard in midfield, to take advantage of their (relatively) old legs and error prone defenders. Hell, I think we should press Argentina in midfield too, because their defenders are not much better, but maybe we should do this when the game is still young.

Against Iceland we should just go on all out attack.

Anyway what the hell do I know, I am just a fan. 8-)

Wha choo looking at?!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Moses is my biggest fear here. On the break, with the ball at his feet, he seems to have a consistent problem making the telling pass as the opposing defence reels. If he can surmount this demon, I'm going to be enjoying my Arrogant *kindperson* beer all month long, with generous refills.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Polly wrote:
Moses is my biggest fear here. On the break, with the ball at his feet, he seems to have a consistent problem making the telling pass as the opposing defence reels. If he can surmount this demon, I'm going to be enjoying my Arrogant *kindperson* beer all month long, with generous refills.
My broda, di tin taya me o!

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Metal is right, Iceland is not a possession based team whether or not they lose the first game.

Rohr's 'style' is fair enough, he has accepted Nigeria's need to play as a UNIT, I think most coaches of the side from Keshi down realized this. I think it's instructive that he mentioned Mikel because this whole thing collapses if JMO isn't fit. He's proud of the resilience shown in Poland and v Serbia but he surely knows that it wasn't good enough and I bet a major part of camp will be finding solutions to HOW to play when Obi is tired or absent. The attack minus Mikel scares no one, you cannot sit back all game and have no shots at goal.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”