What do you guys think?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
What do you guys think?

Post by highbury »

http://www.espnfc.us/video/espn-fc-tv/8 ... of-group-d

Stewart Robson has issues with Mikel being our only supposed creative player
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What do you guys think?

Post by Tbite »

Is Mikel our only creative player?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Sorry, the prior link appears not to work. See this link from 20:07 min mark

Last edited by highbury on Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Tbite wrote:Is Mikel our only creative player?
That is the impression they have. I know Alex Iwobi and Etebo can help Mikel.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Likes of Osaze and Efan Ekoku give their opinion of our chances

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

maceo4 wrote:Likes of Osaze and Efan Ekoku give their opinion of our chances

I like Efan's assessment more. Albeit both their points were well taken
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Why go to a competition and plan in advance to exit at the quater final? Africans really need to develop a winning mentality. That is our biggest problem. Football is a team game.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

gochino wrote:Why go to a competition and plan in advance to exit at the quater final? Africans really need to develop a winning mentality. That is our biggest problem. Football is a team game.
I never understood that either. That certainly explained one of the reasons why our teams in the past never got past the round of 16. I have come to realize that 80% of football is psychological. I am glad we have an NFF chairman who is setting the thermostat for how the SE should think. That is why I believe that even though our present team may not be as talented as the 1994 team, they will achieve more than them.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

highbury wrote:
gochino wrote:Why go to a competition and plan in advance to exit at the quater final? Africans really need to develop a winning mentality. That is our biggest problem. Football is a team game.
I never understood that either. That certainly explained one of the reasons why our teams in the past never got past the round of 16. I have come to realize that 80% of football is psychological. I am glad we have an NFF chairman who is setting the thermostat for how the SE should think. That is why I believe that even though our present team may not be as talented as the 1994 team, they will achieve more than them.
Senegal in 2002 lost focus once they met their target.
Otherwise, they could have made the semis where anything could have happened.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Kabalega wrote:
highbury wrote:
Senegal in 2002 lost focus once they met their target.
Otherwise, they could have made the semis where anything could have happened.
They may have also been compromised......... the defeat didn’t look natural they appeared to have run out of stream
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Beating Croatia is key. The group will be much, much tougher than most global football analysts imagine. I cannot see why many still remain confident about Argentina despite the recent string of terrible results. I don't see Argentina getting out of the group and whichever team records a win may well scrape through on goals difference. Our group reminds me of that 1982 group of Poland, Italy, Cameroon and Peru. Poland's win over Peru was the only win in the group. Every other match was a draw and Italy (eventual WC winners) scaled over Cameroon by a single goal. We just have to beat Croatia to throw things wide open. But of course, it will not be easy at all.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Goldleaf wrote:Beating Croatia is key. The group will be much, much tougher than most global football analysts imagine. I cannot see why many still remain confident about Argentina despite the recent string of terrible results. I don't see Argentina getting out of the group and whichever team records a win may well scrape through on goals difference. Our group reminds me of that 1982 group of Poland, Italy, Cameroon and Peru. Poland's win over Peru was the only win in the group. Every other match was a draw and Italy (eventual WC winners) scaled over Cameroon by a single goal. We just have to beat Croatia to throw things wide open. But of course, it will not be easy at all.
The reason is that most people make their decisions on the history of the team and what clubs the players play for. Very true, Croatia's game is the key for us.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

highbury wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Beating Croatia is key. The group will be much, much tougher than most global football analysts imagine. I cannot see why many still remain confident about Argentina despite the recent string of terrible results. I don't see Argentina getting out of the group and whichever team records a win may well scrape through on goals difference. Our group reminds me of that 1982 group of Poland, Italy, Cameroon and Peru. Poland's win over Peru was the only win in the group. Every other match was a draw and Italy (eventual WC winners) scaled over Cameroon by a single goal. We just have to beat Croatia to throw things wide open. But of course, it will not be easy at all.
The reason is that most people make their decisions on the history of the team and what clubs the players play for. Very true, Croatia's game is the key for us.
:shock: :shock: I suggest you guys look at how Argentina qualified for the WC especially their last qualifying game.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

highbury wrote:http://www.espnfc.us/video/espn-fc-tv/8 ... of-group-d

Stewart Robson has issues with Mikel being our only supposed creative player
Robson is an angel*.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Kabalega wrote:
highbury wrote:
:shock: :shock: I suggest you guys look at how Argentina qualified for the WC especially their last qualifying game.
I did. As a matter of fact, I watched the game live. It was a Messi inspired victory. The Ecuadorians laid down without really fighting. In some circles in Ecuador, the game was alleged to have been fixed to favor Argentina qualifying. Nothing really special about that team.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Listening to the second link.....Ola Aina made a great comment......THE TEAM IS A BROTHERHOOD....

Nothing like unity in a team.....teams like Leicester, Atletico and co have shown over the past years that a united team is better than a team of talents....

I hope this team remains united once the 23 is announced cos if they keep fighting for one another, they will go far......
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........