Brighton near deal for Nigeria international defender Leon B

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brighton near deal for Nigeria international defender Le

Post by Dammy »

Rawlings wrote:never happening
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I am happy
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

smartbrother wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
anikulapo wrote:At 29 and not exceptionally quick, I’m not sure the EPL is right for him but we shall see. I mean playing for a defensive minded coach though, who won’t leave you exposed, will help as well. So maybe not as bad as I thought initially
Lol. You don’t need pace as a defender when you have the most important ingredient— positioning. Pace is for those defenders who don’t know how to position themselves and always need to “recover.”
when i saw the pace part, I laughed so hard... John Terry, etc don't have pace... lol
Pace is good but not essential.
It is only essential for defenders who are "all over the place" i.e. defender wey him head no dey house. :lol:

You do know we are talking about the EPL right?

Anyway he is lucky he is playing in a defensive minded team where he will get protected. But eventually savvy coaches will watch enough game film and exploit his weaknesses. It’s pretty easy to expose a defender lacking in athleticism .

Don’t get me wrong. I love Balogun but tell me how many current top central defenders lack athleticism ????

It’s so hard to play the modern game without mobile defenders ..,, the pace, power and athleticism of the current game is at an all time high especially in the EPL .

Listen I’m just worried for the boy Biko
Doesn’t sound like yourre worried for him
This Just Sounds like bad belle
If you “loved Balogun “ you’d wish him well and move on
Balogun lacks athleticism lol
The rubbish people post on this site..Christ

First of all don’t use the name of the Lord in vain. Secondly read and comprehend .... but more importantly why do I even bother with your opinion :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
anikulapo wrote:At 29 and not exceptionally quick, I’m not sure the EPL is right for him but we shall see. I mean playing for a defensive minded coach though, who won’t leave you exposed, will help as well. So maybe not as bad as I thought initially
How quick was Taribo West :?: :!:

Cheers.

You obviously didn’t see Taribo or must’ve forgotten. Lad was quick in his younger days at Sharks, Rangers and in france ....

I’m laughing at goats comparing Balogun to Terry :lol: :lol: Total morons who know nothing about football. Again defense is about team structure and how quickly you Can read and react to situations.

Any coach who knows his stuff can isolate a slow defender especially when they have the lead and that defender can’t sit back in a parked bus but will get exposed as fullbacks push on to support the attack more

I think what i find most fascinating about you is not your clear unintelligence, but your arrogance.

A guy who struggles with basic football knowledge calling others "morons" You think its easy to just "isolate" a defender?? whether the defender is slow or not? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You think football is that easy? You think just "putting a fast winger on him," is a easy as done? How many times has Gerrard Pique been isolated? We all know he plays for Barca and they almost never park the bus.

Unfortunately, your arrogance means that you will always remain ignorant. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

chuks69 wrote:Suprisingly Chris Houghton the coach is intrested in so many Nigerian players at once, leon Balogun, Ahmed Musa and Moses Simeon
2 Nigerian-Canadians Sam Adekugbe and Tomori were recently there too. Mentioned Adekugbe on this site, injury problems meant he wasn't retained and is now in Sweden.

Balogun will get a baptism next season, the EPL will ensure that.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Thanks for speaking it into reality :thumbs:

Let’s try another one...’Nigeria is winning the World Cup’, what say you?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

felarey wrote:
chuks69 wrote:Suprisingly Chris Houghton the coach is intrested in so many Nigerian players at once, leon Balogun, Ahmed Musa and Moses Simeon
2 Nigerian-Canadians Sam Adekugbe and Tomori were recently there too. Mentioned Adekugbe on this site, injury problems meant he wasn't retained and is now in Sweden.

Balogun will get a baptism next season, the EPL will ensure that.

Nna I’m seriously rooting for the lad but I dey worry small :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Cheers.

You obviously didn’t see Taribo or must’ve forgotten. Lad was quick in his younger days at Sharks, Rangers and in france ....

I’m laughing at goats comparing Balogun to Terry :lol: :lol: Total morons who know nothing about football. Again defense is about team structure and how quickly you Can read and react to situations.

Any coach who knows his stuff can isolate a slow defender especially when they have the lead and that defender can’t sit back in a parked bus but will get exposed as fullbacks push on to support the attack more

I think what i find most fascinating about you is not your clear unintelligence, but your arrogance.

A guy who struggles with basic football knowledge calling others "morons" You think its easy to just "isolate" a defender?? whether the defender is slow or not? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You think football is that easy? You think just "putting a fast winger on him," is a easy as done? How many times has Gerrard Pique been isolated? We all know he plays for Barca and they almost never park the bus.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see finishing
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Cheers.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see finishing
i never applaud abuse of other forumers
but this was just something else
shege
:clap: :clap: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:

Rawlings please naaaa! Respond to this one! Pleaseeeee i take God beg you! Pleaseee.. i will never ask you for another thing again. Pleaseeeeeee :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Rawlings please naaaa! Respond to this one! Pleaseeeee i take God beg you! Pleaseee.. i will never ask you for another thing again. Pleaseeeeeee :lol:
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!