The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... y-14925466

Flat track bullies :taunt: :taunt:
Aniks, how market at the Santiago Bernabéu? :D

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

@thunder:

“ a picture says a thousand words”

:tic:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sad he was miss at the CL final big time.
When fit he is a proper baller.I enjoy how he turn his game around at Liverpool.
Hope he comes back strong and better.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:People were criticizing Wenger here and dancing atilogwu because we have signed "hey you's". Meanwhile Liverpool have just splashed cash on Alisson Becker. Like I say, the best players win you things. Arsenal continuously failed Wenger by not coughing up the cash and completing the signing of top talent when they had been identified by Wenger. Shall we name them? Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Ibrahimovich, Mbappe, Cech 1.0?

While I will be fully behind Emery and Arsenal? I will not be under any illusion that we will start winning the champions league.
Psst, people were criticizing Wenger for overstaying his welcome for selfish reasons when it was clear he was past it. And guess what, he himself has all but admitted it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Even Oil has got the memo. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mesut Ozil decides to return to Arsenal early after talking to team-mates

Mesut Ozil will be joining up with his Arsenal team-mates imminently after hearing rave reviews about Unai Emery’s training sessions. The 29-year-old midfielder has been on holiday since Germany crashed out of the World Cup at the group stage and is preparing to fly out to Singapore for pre-season. Emery, who arrived as Arsene Wenger’s successor back in May, is yet to work with Ozil but will have the chance ahead of Arsenal’s clashes with Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. According to Goal, Ozil has been speaking to his fellow Arsenal players and they have sent back glowing reviews of Emery’s intense methods.

It’s claimed the German playmaker has made the decision to cut his holiday short in order to experience the sessions for himself. Arsenal players were on the training pitch until 8pm after a grueling double session last week.

Emery confirmed that Ozil, Mohamed Elneny and Alex Iwobi will fly out with the rest of Arsenal’s squad to Singapore on July 22. ‘All the players are the same,’ the Spaniard said. ‘They have the same holidays. I know Iwobi, Elneny and Mesut Ozil. He’s coming with us to Singapore the first day.’

Arsenal’s new head coach offered Ozil support following Germany’s early elimination from the World Cup. ‘We are here to help every player. For us Mesut is a very important player. We want to help to be well, fine with us,’ Emery said.

‘The national team didn’t get the results they want but today he is on holiday, and I want him to relax well and I want, when he comes back with us, to start with a good mentality. ‘I want to work with him with a new way and with an ambition to continue with this quality and to help him to get better with the team.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/19/mesut-oz ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK%20|%20Faceb ... m/MetroUK/
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Unai Emery has told Arsenal’s hierarchy that he wants to sign a new winger as a priority, according to reports.

The Gunners have already strengthened this transfer window with five new arrivals so far. Lucas Torreira, a £26.4 million signing from Sampdoria, has been brought in to strengthen the midfield, while Bernd Leno is expected to become Emery’s first-choice goalkeeper after joining from Bayer Leverkusen. In defence, Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Stephan Lichtsteiner have arrived to strengthen Emery’s options, while 19-year-old Matteo Guendouzi, a £7m acquisition from Lorient, is regarded as a top prospect for the future. According to Goal, Emery is keen to secure two more signings before the end of the transfer window.

The report claims that the Spaniard’s priority is to recruit a ‘a fast, direct winger’ in the next few weeks. It’s also claimed that Emery has requested a new left-back if Nacho Monreal leaves the club this summer. The 32-year-old has just a year remaining on his contract and has been targeted by Real Sociedad.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/unai-eme ... g-7733217/

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

cchinukw wrote:
Mesut Onyem!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

Let's do this!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

cchinukw wrote:
His running position in that picture is lazy. In short he is a lazy player....

Signed .... in short I no wan trobu.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Mesut Ozil will have a great year! Muzut Ozil will be remembered as one of Arsenals best players. Mark it. Nkume said so.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:rotf:

L’Equippe Worst 11 Of the World Cup ..... I GUESS ALL THE “watch how he plays for Germany “ arguments don end :rotf:

Loser :laugh:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Mesut Ozil will have a great year! Muzut Ozil will be remembered as one of Arsenals best players. Mark it. Nkume said so.

L’Equippe knows where she stands :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmm if rumors are true and Klopp completes the signing of Allisonalong with Fekir then ......
You like a kid in a candy store. Man why do you panic? Stay calm. You bang on about Liverpool, let's have a good look at Liverpool.

Liverpool spent, Van Dijk 75m; Keita 48m; Oxlade 40m; Fabinho 39m; Salah 37m; Shaqiri 13.5m. That’s 252.5 million spent in the last two years for Liverpool. What have they won?

When you take it backwards the spending gets worse, but I ask again, what have they won?

Now they want to spend 60m plus on Alisson and maybe Ferkir. Does it guarantee they win a thing? No it does not.

Arsenal have spent far less and won something. But you keep on deriding the model that has delivered the silverware. The model has Mavprovanos at 2.1m, who knows what he can become? Do you remember when we got Kos and the critics. He went on to become, in the words of Rio Ferdinand, the best CH in the league. Who knows what Mavprovanos can become at the price we got him for? I will not pay a farthing for Shaqiri when I look at the youth playing in his position at the club.

Stop being consumed by the money spent by another, have a proper look at yours first. You might just find it is not all bad.
Liverpool does not enjoy larger revenue source (real and potential) than Arsenal. How come they are then able to invest in their squad in ways we can't.
The Owners have put money in from when they stepped in to stop the Hicks and Gillet takeover. Which was the club paying for the loan they used in buying the club.

First off they made good money from the sales of Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling etc.

They got a £160m soft loan (1.24% interest) from their Owners to build their new stand. See here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... 711821.amp

Note £110m was for the new stand and £50m is for the new training facility. See here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele ... ility/amp/

This is on top of the Hicks and Gillet debt of over £200m the Owners wiped off the club's account when took it over. See here:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... john-henry

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ecret-loan

Not a penny from the club's revenue went into building the new stand and plus we now know it's the same for the new training ground.

In his last 5 years, Wenger had his transfer budget reduced by £70m cos Arsenal revamped Hale End for £35mm, the training facilities for £25m, built a new medical centre and other works on the stadium for £10m. What a difference that £70m would have made to us in the transfer market.

Liverpool now have £20m extra revenue from their new stand, plus the extra revenue from CL money.

Arsenal spent most of their CL money repaying the debt for the stadium project and rebuilding its cash reserves. As per last accounts, cash reserves are now more than loan balance.

According to transfer market.com: https://www.transfermarkt.com/liverpool ... lpos=&w_s=

Since the Fenway Group took over in the 2010/11 season, Liverpool's net spend is £323.54m in the red. Note, this spending does not take into consideration the money £60m plus they are about to spend on a goal keeper.

They have only the Carling Cup to show for it.

Arsenal in the same period has a net spend of £313.66 and 3 FA Cups to show for it.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffi, I heard you guys kidnapped another teenager from Barca. Is he gonna be another Cesc, or Merida?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:You can have a good laugh at the scam, but just know that Arsenal have spent money that they actually have so far. As a spurs fan, there are things that just pass over your head, and you will never understand.
Galzidis in hot water according to rumours. Some even claim, he handed in his resignation and it was accepted by the Board, but the Board was overruled by the Owner.

Nobody seems to know the real reason for these rumours but many speculating it has to do with the Chinese company. Rumours are elements of the Board are demanding he resigns for the debacle.

Whatever it is, if true, Galzidis will come out of this with his position seriously undermined. It must also be said, Board members have been sacked for far less by the Arsenal Board. For example, Edelman was sacked for a very poor commercial deal. Dein was famously sacked for looking for an investor for the club.

If all these stories are true, then it looks like Galzidis is a seriously wounded soldier. He desperately needs good news from now on or else.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi, I heard you guys kidnapped another teenager from Barca. Is he gonna be another Cesc, or Merida?
I talked about it here a few weeks ago. I see him as more like Bellerin.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Armstrong Okoflex has left Arsenal

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2018 ... or-celtic/
That is so disappointing. How can it be that Celtic offers more than we do for our youth players. :oops: :curse:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:You can have a good laugh at the scam, but just know that Arsenal have spent money that they actually have so far. As a spurs fan, there are things that just pass over your head, and you will never understand.
Galzidis in hot water according to rumours. Some even claim, he handed in his resignation and it was accepted by the Board, but the Board was overruled by the Owner.

Nobody seems to know the real reason for these rumours but many speculating it has to do with the Chinese company. Rumours are elements of the Board are demanding he resigns for the debacle.

Whatever it is, if true, Galzidis will come out of this with his position seriously undermined. It must also be said, Board members have been sacked for far less by the Arsenal Board. For example, Edelman was sacked for a very poor commercial deal. Dein was famously sacked for looking for an investor for the club.

If all these stories are true, then it looks like Galzidis is a seriously wounded soldier. He desperately needs good news from now on or else.

Cough cough Bull ..t :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi, I heard you guys kidnapped another teenager from Barca. Is he gonna be another Cesc, or Merida?
Is that a good news then?....

....I just don't think Belerin is that good.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Is that a good news then?....

....I just don't think Belerin is that good.
He plays in the Full Back position. Hence my comparison.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

https://news.arseblog.com/2018/07/doubl ... ce=twitter

Oh well. Shame really, it goes against the narrative. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:https://news.arseblog.com/2018/07/doubl ... ce=twitter

Oh well. Shame really, it goes against the narrative. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone who doesn’t know about double sessions during the preseason is a moron

MLK.