The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bouncino
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by bouncino »

Just watching the game for the first time.
Team was not bad. Just failed to take their chances.
Two simple tweeking and the team is ready. Replace Xhaka with Torreira and Ozil with anybody.
Ozil was a luxury player and Xhaka provided zero cover.
Who was that complaining about Guendozi (sp)?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:Looking forward to the wknd @theBridge one remembers that the the 1st half of our preseason match vs Chelsea was a
ragdoll affair - we were schooled especially with the kid vs Hector.
Chelsea will know that they can press us high, we defend narrow(at least vs ManC) they'll go at us on the flanks - how do
we adapt with what we have tactically - let's revisit a Pep revolution @ManC from last season:

------------------------------------------------------
" .......It's worth remembering that David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were both considered, before Guardiola's arrival, natural No. 10s. Silva was perfectly capable of drifting inside from a wider position, and De Bruyne's energy and crossing ability means he could play wide right too. But they were essentially No. 10s,......Arsenal also serve as a useful comparison for accommodating creative No. 10s....with a dilemma involving how to accommodate two players in that mould, after Mesut Ozil signed a new long-term contract and Henrikh Mkhitaryan arrived from Manchester United....Wenger has tried to use them together in a 4-2-3-1, but also in a 4-3-3 -- the same system City use. But at Tottenham, Wenger fielded Ozil and Mkhitaryan in the two wide roles. That's fair enough, they're the logical positions to use them in -- maybe the only positions he could use him in. But make no mistake: De Bruyne is no more of a central midfielder than Mkhitaryan, Silva no more so than Ozil. All four players are No. 10s. But whereas Wenger shoved his two out wide, Guardiola has dragged them deeper to provide creativity from deep."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-cara ... h-football
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Silva & KDB were played wide - MC loses a lot creativity but at this point in our development, we're clearly not as effective at ball pressing, retention & defense as they are.We must rejig our team setup for more effective outcomes. It's all square pegs in circles just now - Emery must pick teams tactically set up to dance & if feelings are hurt - so be it. Playing Ramsey up front cos he's an important player for our pressing game creates an inbalane(totally does). The only guy i saw in the preseason beat a man to the touchline & put a cross in is Nelson - I also know Welbeck is dogged & will give us a shift if fit.
Do we stick with pretty footie with its weaknesses or go for a result at the Bridge. AW for all his romance with attacking footie setup a team last season away for containment - let's defend from our MF more effectively & provide real support for Auba by stretching the pitch.
-------------------------------------

Pep looked to be sending us Gooners a msg by the endless hugs of Arteta - point taken(if that was the intention):

"Telegraph: Having drawn up forensic studies of #AFC squad in preparation for potentially succeeding Wenger, Arteta was in the perfect position to help Guardiola mastermind their downfall....The duo came up with the plan of swapping Raheem Sterling to the left side and taking advantage of Mkhitaryan and Ozil on Arsenal’s flanks by loading their own wide areas with pace."

------------------------------------
My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Monreal Sokratis Mustafi Hector
Leno
--------------------------------
Yes, Torreira & Guendouzi haven't played together much but i see ball winning abilities & mobility. None of these kids hides from the ball.
If Monreal's healthy, you play Lichts @RB with Hector taking Nelson's spot - i just want a wide man whose pace will create panic
- giving Heactor a shorter pitch vs a LB he owns often - run past dude & cross in all day - trackback to protect Lichts.
Ozil is interchangeable with Mkhi - the gaffer might add Ramsey but he's isn't convincing that far forward.

Someone who claims to have a functioning brain wants to play Reiss Nelson and Ozil, Yes Ozil, on a tough road game against Chelsea .... I mean we are talking of a coach who lost at home in his first game against the champs and is already fielding questions about his competence? .. but someone wey claim say e get brain wan play Ozil and Nelson on the road against Chelsea ????

Jesu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Reiss Nelson is one of the few guys who can go past a defender on pace in our team - might sound crude & "low class" to you higher-ups but that's where we're - in a league where pace counts plenty - we've elected to ignore transfers for that function - you've to work with what we've - we don't have the toughness to play 2 strikers - i stay dumb tho!!! :winking:

You do know the Chelshyt game is on the road righ? A place where experience and defensive solidity and focus is a must :idea: Yet you want to play a kid who has none of those qualities yet and an all around proven liability like Ozil for a critical game?

Honestly some of una .... ahhhh never mind :roll:

Were you not around last year where pundits and fans alike were honest in their feelings at the chances of Arsenal nicking a result at the Bridge given that Ozil will miss the game? And were they not proven right ?

Anyway whatever carry on :mrgreen:
You're being very selective about what you choose to see - i gave options:
"If Monreal's healthy, you play Lichts @RB with Hector taking Nelson's spot - i just want a wide man whose pace will create panic - giving Heactor a shorter pitch vs a LB he owns often - run past dude & cross in all day - trackback to protect Lichts"

I expected the gaffer to ruffle feathers from the get go but he seems to want to work with senior players who in some cases might be uncoachable,
You also have to remember what club we're talking about - just last Thurs or so Emery said Jenkinson, Ospina & Campbell were the only guys expected to leave - might have spoken too soon -

@afcstuff:
Arsenal hope to offload Mohamed Elneny to Marseille by the end of the month, but Danny Welbeck - who was available for transfer - will stay at the club.....Unai Emery is under pressure to slash Arsenal’s wage bill, despite managing to shift in the region of £14m off their annual wage bill this summer.
----------------------------------------
So the only mobile central MFer left will be a 19yr old from France - now he has to play more games than his body might be prepared for.

As for Nelson on the wing - Ozil & Mkhi have no business out there - it'll be nice for you, a Coach be it PT to put up a team & tactically tell us what you expect
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

A single dude now owns the club - no cash injection in the last days of the transfer window to help the club - now he wants to really measly - i've known fiscal conservatives - everyone knows you spend healthily on your brand to generate money but Stan dude is poor at sending messages to the base - something needs to be done.
Arsenal face wage-bill squeeze until new commercial deals are agreed next summer

Unai Emery is facing significant restrictions with Arsenal’s wage bill during the next transfer window in January following a series of deals that have been agreed over the past year....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... reed-next/
-------------------------------------------------

Depressing read considering the EPL landscape - you gotta support your new gaffer with investment - if you look to get rid of steady Elneny so you can pay Ramsey - gotta ask if top 4 is even a target anymore - Stan likes the EPL TV revenue & the fan base are in the way & possibly nuisance
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:A single dude now owns the club - no cash injection in the last days of the transfer window to help the club - now he wants to really measly - i've known fiscal conservatives - everyone knows you spend healthily on your brand to generate money but Stan dude is poor at sending messages to the base - something needs to be done.
Arsenal face wage-bill squeeze until new commercial deals are agreed next summer

Unai Emery is facing significant restrictions with Arsenal’s wage bill during the next transfer window in January following a series of deals that have been agreed over the past year....

Depressing read considering the EPL landscape - you gotta support your new gaffer with investment - if you look to get rid of steady Elneny so you can pay Ramsey - gotta ask if top 4 is even a target anymore - Stan likes the EPL TV revenue & the fan base are in the way & possibly nuisance
Unai Emery is a good coach that will most likely not be successful at Arsenal. He is not going to get what he needs. I don't Arsenal winning the title in the next 5 years unless things change.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:Azuka how bodi?

Never hear from you since World Cup :scared: :scared:

I wonder why :taunt: :taunt:

Abi Ozil and Xhacrap don make ya mouth dry :taunt:
I no dey do pre-ejaculation now. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
It's just the 1st match in a 36 match marathon under a new coach and new tactics. But let's say in my opinion, Unai got his tactics wrong against Man City. But then it's just his first match and I am willing to give him benefit of doubt.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Azuka how bodi?

Never hear from you since World Cup :scared: :scared:

I wonder why :taunt: :taunt:

Abi Ozil and Xhacrap don make ya mouth dry :taunt:
I no dey do pre-ejaculation now. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
It's just the 1st match in a 36 match marathon under a new coach and new tactics. But let's say in my opinion, Unai got his tactics wrong against Man City. But then it's just his first match and I am willing to give him benefit of doubt.

Ahem nothing premature about multiple seasons of crap and oh by the way it’s a 38 game season :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Cally wrote:I thought that with Arsene finally departing, we'd be able to enjoy a largely peaceful and enjoyable thread, but alas old habits die hard. The thread has largely become a mish-mash of cursing, wailing, whining, complaining, arguing for the sake of arguing, and posting stupid incoherent stuff.

The toxicity level is rising still.

Hopefully, when there's useful discourse and I see sane posts, I'll enjoy again. Respect to those that contribute meaningfully and state their views with respect. You all are the reasons we can still click on this thread as Arsenal fans.
Get rid of anikulapo and the toxicity level drops by 90%.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

slyk wrote:
Cally wrote:I thought that with Arsene finally departing, we'd be able to enjoy a largely peaceful and enjoyable thread, but alas old habits die hard. The thread has largely become a mish-mash of cursing, wailing, whining, complaining, arguing for the sake of arguing, and posting stupid incoherent stuff.

Hopefully, when there's useful discourse and I see sane posts, I'll enjoy again. Respect to those that contribute meaningfully and state their views with respect. You all are the reasons we can still click on this thread as Arsenal fans.

: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Tranny you back? :woot:

Still stalking and chasing other men I see.

If only you had been finished off in a napkin in some back alley rather than ..,, ahhh never mind .... moving along
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

slyk wrote:

I agree. Anikulapo is the black Claude! :mad:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:A single dude now owns the club - no cash injection in the last days of the transfer window to help the club - now he wants to really measly - i've known fiscal conservatives - everyone knows you spend healthily on your brand to generate money but Stan dude is poor at sending messages to the base - something needs to be done.

Unai Emery is a good coach that will most likely not be successful at Arsenal. He is not going to get what he needs. I don't Arsenal winning the title in the next 5 years unless things change.

Totally agree with you - noise making means zilch to this owner & board. As crazy & disloyal as it might come across, i am starting to believe if Emery resigns sighting lack of investments & players seek trades - the board might flinch. Desperate place - that's what these
sorts do to ones' soul.
Stan has to deal with the Inglewood project with costs spiraling out of control - things are where they're cos of a complicit board @arsenal.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Anyone but Niku's eyes - i really think this is where things fall apart for Niku & Dimitri Payet - i see geezer flying to France to tell the player he needs Glasses(putting it nicely)
Cannot be a very recent clip - but eh!!! :winking: :tic:

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

tolahs wrote:Anyone but Niku's eyes - i really think this is where things fall apart for Niku & Dimitri Payet - i see geezer flying to France to tell the player he needs Glasses(putting it nicely)

take ozil over KDB. lailai. KDB is a complete player. Right foot, left foot, pass, drive, shoot.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

amafolas wrote:
tolahs wrote:Anyone but Niku's eyes - i really think this is where things fall apart for Niku & Dimitri Payet - i see geezer flying to France to tell the player he needs Glasses(putting it nicely)

take ozil over KDB. lailai. KDB is a complete player. Right foot, left foot, pass, drive, shoot.

I would take KDB for 10 games a season over Ozil for 38 games.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
amafolas wrote:

:rotf:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

amafolas wrote:

KDB is in the discussion of the 10 best players in the Globe right - i for one think Ozil has lost confidence - hope he doesn't sink like Hleb did post_Barca. KDB has a more complete game.
That's why i keep arguing here that while Pep plays KDB & Silva centrally - we elect to play Ozil/Mkhi as wide players - dumb. Remember Eboue as RB getting Nedved a redcard - we need to sort that out.
I suspect it's an old tape - sadly Payet never got to reach levels some of us had him destined for.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Haba chief,just say you will take KDB I hope you know agent full forum.
We need pray someone buy him players off our hand one of those Saudi guys like they did for Musa.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:Can this team beat Chelsea?
Pep is childish and its a shame.What was all that asking Arteta a lot of question and hugging him like no tomorrow....
They're also playing under a new gaffer/system with some disgruntled players. We need to go there with a plan & compete. We've to play with less playmakers - we lack the defensive fortitude to do that.
So what will be your line up for such game?
Hope Giroud is not playing for them,i don't know any of our CD that can keep him silent.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Pep is childish and its a shame.What was all that asking Arteta a lot of question and hugging him like no tomorrow....
They're also playing under a new gaffer/system with some disgruntled players. We need to go there with a plan & compete. We've to play with less playmakers - we lack the defensive fortitude to do that.
Hope Giroud is not playing for them,i don't know any of our CD that can keep him silent.
This na Tolahs o no be Ohenhen... go find Ohenhen ask for lineup
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:
slyk wrote:

: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Tranny you back? :woot:

Still stalking and chasing other men I see.

If only you had been finished off in a napkin in some back alley rather than ..,, ahhh never mind .... moving along
The scourge of CE. Douche bag.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Anybody know if Platinum is OK? Have not seen him on these pages in a while.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I was about to ask the same.
slyk wrote:Anybody know if Platinum is OK? Have not seen him on these pages in a while.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Hope Giroud is not playing for them,i don't know any of our CD that can keep him silent.[/-quote]

I presented a lineup a couple days ago on this thread & it goes something like this:
----------------------------------------------------
Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Monreal Sokratis Mustafi Hector
Leno
------------------------------
I think pace & industry out wide is lacking with us right now, Leno is a better GK passing out from the back, with this lineup we've a more solid defensive shield in central MF.
There're interchangeables on the bench - Mkhi for Ozil for example - the gaffer likes Ramsey in that spot to help with pressing but his links with Auba aren't dynamic or exciting.
You can play Lichts @RB & move Hector to Nelson's spot knowing he'll trackback to help nullify 2 vs 1s.
This lineup in my opinion can do the required defensive work needed away in a derby.
Now, what's your line up!!!????
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nacho Monreal and Danny Welbeck
Both players are in full training.

(Nice to know)

Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Ainsley has sustained a small fracture to his left fibula and will be out for six to eight weeks.

(Really sad - we need to get our FB position sorted so kid can play Central Mid - it'll be stupid more than ever to let Mo leave this window)

What happened to Cohen Bramall for damn sakes!!!

https://news.arseblog.com/2018/07/brama ... al-career/

Carl Jenkinson
Carl has sustained a significant sprain to his right ankle and will be out for six to eight weeks.
(May the most Highest save my Soul for i really believe dude finds a way to stay injured so as to avoid transfer away - workmens comp in that "B") Couldn't make it @BirmighamCity last season b4 & after injury.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news- ... -kolasinac