The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, Torreira did not pull up trees either. The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.

The point is when has he ever performed
Far more times than he did not. That is a fact. This is the reason why he seats on the longest contract at the club. it is in the numbers. You play well I call it, you mess up, I call. I got nothing against any Arsenal player.

Really ? So if contracts are the key litmus test, now so we should make the same argument for Callumity or Ozil ?

:rotf: :rotf:

Bros give it up you are wrong AGAIN :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, Torreira did not pull up trees either. The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.

The point is when has he ever performed
Far more times than he did not. That is a fact. This is the reason why he seats on the longest contract at the club. it is in the numbers. You play well I call it, you mess up, I call. I got nothing against any Arsenal player.

Really ? So if contracts are the key litmus test, now so we should make the same argument for Callumity or Ozil ?

:rotf: :rotf:

Bros give it up you are wrong AGAIN :taunt:
Shatap ya mouth and look with your eyes. People at the club make the decisions, they know better than you will ever know. Don't hate.

Back to the game, my beef with Xhaka was his off the ball work but he was not the only one. However, you cannot get away from the fact we lost control after we went off. Why? We made a decision to do so because we l9st our dominance with the ball. Xhaka is key when we dominate especially when we need to be direct to relieve pressure. That one ball behind Chelsea now came from one player and it was easier for Chelsea to defend.

I struggled to understand that 2nd half but I now do. I have looked at it again. The subbing of Xhaka was a huge mistake, although it looked a good call at the time. We took Xhaka off and stopped playing. Xhaka goes off, the diagonals for Bellerin's destructive overlapping penetration stops and Mkhi's threat down the right disappears. We lost a major weapon that was killing Chelsea, that lefty pass inside that channel and over the top balls for Bellerin's runs.

When we are in control, we need Xhaka. To get ball control and dominate by finding space for us to exploit, with diagonals, we need Xhaka. The question is, should we start him when we are the dominant side and drop him when we are not? Today we certainly should not have sunbed him that early.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Shatap ya mouth and look with your eyes. People at the club make the decisions, they know better than you will ever know. Don't hate.
Wait is that now ya argument?

Ahahahahahaha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chineke odikwa serious :rotf: So we are now on “Animal Farm”.

So even in the light of obvious madness, we should all resort to “Well Comrade Napoleon said it, so it must be true” :rotf:

It now makes sense why you dey always yarn Opaks.

Let’s see how things work out with Ozil, Xhaka and Chambermaid .... because I will revisit these ya Yeye comments, along with many others :taunt: :taunt:

Oh by the way, how do you like Conman and Costa? :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah remember ya yabs about them from not too long ago :idea:

I will keep reminding you :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Back to the game, my beef with Xhaka was his off the ball work but he was not the only one. However, you cannot get away from the fact we lost control after we went off. Why? We made a decision to do so because we l9st our dominance with the ball. Xhaka is key when we dominate especially when we need to be direct to relieve pressure. That one ball behind Chelsea now came from one player and it was easier for Chelsea to defend.

I struggled to understand that 2nd half but I now do. I have looked at it again. The subbing of Xhaka was a huge mistake, although it looked a good call at the time. We took Xhaka off and stopped playing. Xhaka goes off, the diagonals for Bellerin's destructive overlapping penetration stops and Mkhi's threat down the right disappears. We lost a major weapon that was killing Chelsea, that lefty pass inside that channel and over the top balls for Bellerin's runs.
Again you have lost ya mind. I have posted a video with extended highlights for all to see, and it invalidates ya nonsense. Again Xhaka had nothing to do with our positive play ... you’ve gotta be kidding me? What game were you watching?

Is this the Emperors new clothes argument again?

The diagonals for the devastation created by Mikhi and HB down the right flank I’m the first half came from Guendo so stop lying haba. What’s wrong with you and these falsehoods. Jesu :rotf: :rotf:

You like the other one forget the biggest difference between both halves, and that was the introduction of one “Eden Hazard”.

He clearly scared the hell out of Arsenal and drew some attention to him and it unbalanced the team. Yet even then they weren’t creating many clear cut chances until the end so stop with these fables smh.

Do I need to pull up more videos for you smh :mrgreen: :mrgreen: this my guy Waffi don tire me smh
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

All these arguments na long talk.
Auba lost the match for you guys.....................two golden chances to put the match away and he fluffed it and you folks are discussing about who 'chased the long balls and who has the bigger lungs...etc'.

At this level of football, you must take all the 100% chances that comes your way.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The Subs:

Again, you have to temper your praise for the new manager sometimes because Wenger was just that bad, but **** it, Emery made BOLD subs.

He took Xhaka off at halftime again for Torreira, my question was: Why did he make the same mistake twice? He also yanked Ozil off on 70minutes after his typical top 6 #DisasterClass. I know making logical changes shouldn’t be a big deal, but at least subs are now chess moves, rather than the click of a switch in an entirely predictable process.

Guendouzi:

He had a poor game against City. You can’t paint a game positive just because a professional doesn’t hide (I know I was guilty of this). However, yesterday he really came into his own. I love his aggression and quick passing. He’s showing up Xhaka and I love it. He’s a real player in the making.

The worry:

Emery has to shape up. It’s clear he’s struggling to get across his ideas and he looks like he’s making some very odd decisions that could add up to issues further down the line. He’s hitting players with double sessions, he’ll no doubt be pulling them in for a video analysis slamming tomorrow, and he’s making big moves on big players before he’s proved anything.

Benching Aaron Ramsey was a big move. Pulling Xhaka off early was embarrassing for the Swiss. Pulling Ozil off after a terrible game was brave. These things can start to add up when things go wrong. Expensive personalities have big opinions. Emery could quickly alienate himself at a club he doesn’t really understand or control at this moment.

Also, what a %$#@^& scenario… our worst performers all have new deals.

Anyway, my point with this Emery shake up is that he doesn’t have the luxuries Wenger had.

1. Emotional Connection

He’s not the charismatic leader we’d hoped for. He struggles to communicate in press conferences and he doesn’t have the swagger of any of the managers in the top 7. That might seem like a minor observation, but remember, he’s dealing with footballers. He’s also dealing with a very aggressive press core. He was destroyed by the French, and they’re children compared to the monsters that run the rags here.

I know you think this point is weak, but look at how much Mourinho gets away because he’s a sound bite. Jurgen Klopp is a darling of the media because of his smile and charisma. Nearly all the modern managers in the game are good in front of the camera, and great for the soundbites. We don’t have that. Though Emery is more of a football student than Wenger, he’s certainly not the charmer the Frenchman was. That is costing him after one game, the press have already lined him up as the next David Moyes. Once the narrative about you is set, it’s hard to shake it.

2. Player power

This is not Sevilla. This is Arsenal. We are a major club. You have to treat the players a certain way, or you’ll have the players down tools. We’re a long way off that, but Arsenal players couldn’t get Wenger fired, they could easily get Emery moved on.

Remember, Emery tanked a one horse race in his first year at PSG because the players didn’t get him. He cannot afford the same mistakes again.

Also, remember what Ivan Gazidis passed on when making his decision.

He didn’t opt for prodigious talent

He didn’t opt for a manager who is the talk of the elite managers’ fraternity

He didn’t opt for wild charisma

He didn’t opt for ‘proven winner’

He went for safe because he’s weak.

The players know that, and if our next ten games don’t pan out well, the club is in big, big trouble… and where will Ivan be? Milan, working on a new project for a hedge fund.

There are 24 points to play for before the Liverpool game. The run is fairly easy. We need to bring home at least 21 points.

Emery needs to start making it happen, because the press, the pundits and the fans won’t tolerate Wenger 2.0 for long.

There are positives for sure, but don’t pretend glorious failure is something we haven’t seen before.
The clown at Le-grove is a mugu full of bluster and self Importance but he did make some key points which do make you pause and think about yesterdays game.

I really like Unai and I’m hoping he gets his selections right and finds a way to get rid of about four or five parasites from within this club for the greater good, but he desperately needs a win and great performance at home vs West Ham or ........ :ohmy: :ohmy:

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a team sport. Aubameyang is not one of the defenders that conceded 3 goals. Which could have been more if not for Cech.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zee wrote:All these arguments na long talk.
Auba lost the match for you guys.....................two golden chances to put the match away and he fluffed it and you folks are discussing about who 'chased the long balls and who has the bigger lungs...etc'.

At this level of football, you must take all the 100% chances that comes your way.
Football is about taking chances, and you are right to an extent. If Arsenal were as clinical in front of goal as Chelsea in that first half, they should have won the game.

But football is also about creating and defending. It is also about what a team does with and without the ball.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Would have loved to have seen how Alexis would have functioned under Unai Emery.... it truly would have been special .... Alas we re-signed the Greatest Number 10 and the second best long baller passer in the EPL :D :taunt: :taunt: :D

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal next game is against West ham they also has 0 points.
Interesting game for two new manager looking for their first win.
Good luck Emery and welcome to the best league and club
Last edited by kajifu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka
I am not the Coach and to many daft and deluded Gooners he is under pressure. I care for the team and I love this Manager. I am fully behind him, and as you know, he was my choice to replace Wenger.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.
Waffi, your point on Xhaka is solid and we'll taken. Good read there.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.

May god help Emery, Arsenal are Liverpool post hodgson level trash.
If Emery requires 4-5 years to fix Arsenal, then we need another manager. This should be a one year project, and it seems that Emery is doing a fine job with the limited resources at his disposal.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

choiiii.....I was praying Danfo is on some remote island and not paying attention to Arsenal o :( :( :( :(
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:Wenger has been working miracles with this team for years.

you are NOT serious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

...the more I see of this kid....the more I like him :thumb:
'senior' arc players....take note
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

@2.55 Emery has inherited a £300k per week nightmare.

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

choiiii.....I was praying Danfo is on some remote island and not paying attention to Arsenal o :( :( :( :(
Uncle, I don come back o! It was a worthwhile vacation. Fortunately/unfortunately, I have to head back again in a few. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

By the way, do you guys remember when Aubameyang was begging Madrid for a transfer and Madrid spat in his face? And then he went on strike and no top club wanted him? Now you see why! Not even one top club came in for him because he is not at that top level and thats why he is playing for a 6th placed team.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kalani JR wrote:DFB President Reinhard Grindel admits to Özil errors

In an interview with Bild, DFB President Reinhard Grindel reiterated his desire to have handled the situation with Mesut Özil differently, saying he thought intensively about it.

"Regarding the racist attacks, I could have taken a clearer position at some points and stood by Mesut Özil," Grindel said. "I should have been clear with my words. Such attacks are completely unacceptable. I regret that he felt deserted by the DFB. It is important to say though, that I said nothing about his sporting performance after the World Cup. For me, it was obvious that we win together and lose together. To make an individual player responsible for our exit would be absurd."
https://www.dw.com/en/dfb-president-rei ... a-45133513
Better late than never - these should've been the 1st reaction. :agree: :clap:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:By the way, do you guys remember when Aubameyang was begging Madrid for a transfer and Madrid spat in his face? And then he went on strike and no top club wanted him? Now you see why! Not even one top club came in for him because he is not at that top level and thats why he is playing for a 6th placed team.
He was the 1st player Pep went after coaching Bayern & arriving @ManC: from 2016

Manchester City want Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but will have to pay £55m -
"Manchester City are interested in signing the Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but would have to pay in the region of £55m for the Gabon international. The forward, who scored 36 goals for the Bundesliga club last season, would consider a move to join up with Pep Guardiola at City despite interest from Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-transfer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He wanted to go to Real Madrid cos one of his grandparents(maternal) - deceased now was a Real Madrid fan - . Were his performances against the big clubs@Dortmund in Europe comparable to Benzema - heck they were better giving the cast of players around him. His game is similar to Anelka & Ian Wright - plays on the shoulder of the defenders & hence expands the pitch - the other struggle is lack of pace out wide for support.
At Arsenal he's having to drop deep than he did @Dortmund or more than Aguerro or Jesu does @ManC
Last edited by tolahs on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“Ozil has cleverly brought racism into the game to distract attention from the fact that he has not played football well for a long time," Hoeness told Sky Sport.

"I found it impossible that the DFB president had to get involved to solve the Ozil and Gundogan issue.

"Özil should have been forced to give an explanation, that was no small matter. He is a well-marketed product, who is represented by his agency much better than he is as a player.

"Joachim Low should have gone to Arsenal more often and had a look at him. He probably would not have taken him to the World Cup for sporting reasons, and then we would have been spared the whole drama."

Uli Hoeness :lol: :lol: :lol: this guy get fiber sha

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.

If Emery requires 4-5 years to fix Arsenal, then we need another manager. This should be a one year project, and it seems that Emery is doing a fine job with the limited resources at his disposal.
Depends on how you - Arsenal the club and the fans back him. Pochettino had the same scenario at Spurs. Kaboul, Lennon, Adebayor were like Ozil. Kane, Mason, Lloris stood by Poch and there were two camps formed. Poch was lucky that Kane and co stepped up in one particular game vs Aston Villa and showed that he was right to put his trust in them. If not he was gone. The fans will always support Pochettino, Kane and Lloris. There is a reason why Ryan Mason is at Spurs as a coach. We are very aware of the battles that the players and he went through.

The project will take at least 2 years. 1 year to demonstrate which players feel too big to change, which ones cant change and his new foundation players. Second year, he plants that foundation and builds from there. I have learnt a lot about leadership from these managers. Unai has to form a foundation that he can trust. Some of your senior players at Arsenal are not serious. They will have to go. You will have to ignore the English media who are twats and will force an angle (cc Spurs bottlers, Kane curse scoring in August).

I ask again, I know Arsenal has a good youth squad - use them!! I pray your chairman gives him time and the fans show him patience - without this the idiots in the dressing room will continue misbehaving.

PS The Guen kid is very interesting - He looks like someone that could replace Dembele at Spurs.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Depends on how you - Arsenal the club and the fans back him. Pochettino had the same scenario at Spurs. Kaboul, Lennon, Adebayor were like Ozil. Kane, Mason, Lloris stood by Poch and there were two camps formed. Poch was lucky that Kane and co stepped up in one particular game vs Aston Villa and showed that he was right to put his trust in them. If not he was gone. The fans will always support Pochettino, Kane and Lloris. There is a reason why Ryan Mason is at Spurs as a coach. We are very aware of the battles that the players and he went through.

The project will take at least 2 years. 1 year to demonstrate which players feel too big to change, which ones cant change and his new foundation players. Second year, he plants that foundation and builds from there. I have learnt a lot about leadership from these managers. Unai has to form a foundation that he can trust. Some of your senior players at Arsenal are not serious. They will have to go. You will have to ignore the English media who are twats and will force an angle (cc Spurs bottlers, Kane curse scoring in August).

I ask again, I know Arsenal has a good youth squad - use them!! I pray your chairman gives him time and the fans show him patience - without this the idiots in the dressing room will continue misbehaving.

PS The Guen kid is very interesting - He looks like someone that could replace Dembele at Spurs.

Homeless Lad, rumor has it ya overpriced pad is trending towards a billion pounds and will not be ready till 2019 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: all these problems because you want to eyeball ya senior brothers eh :woot:

MLK.