The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Molue Conductor »

Last year we lost 0-3 at home to City and tied Chelsea 0-0.
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
This habit of giving space to man with ball 30yds from our goal is a killer - didn't work under AW - still a problem - they can look up & pick a pass.
Auba to the bench - too many misses.
Team stay off social media till you get points - at least 12pts - too much noise - Not being emotional - bad loss.
After two games. Goodness. :ohmy:
Did winger. Win these games last season.?
We did not have winger last season. :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka
I am not the Coach and to many daft and deluded Gooners he is under pressure. I care for the team and I love this Manager. I am fully behind him, and as you know, he was my choice to replace Wenger.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.
Waffi, your point on Xhaka is solid and we'll taken. Good read there.
This confirms my point and it also shows how our attack and shape was more right sided.

I didn't even need the additional diagram to agree that your point was well taken. I watched the game and noticed we lost our fluency in the second half. I did not attribute it to Xhaka's absence, but I do know that Xhaka helps our passing game. He deficiencies lie elsewhere, not in his passing game. Good call.
It is one of those peculiar ones. You don't miss the player till he is not there. Our 2nd goal really sums up this point. In the 18 pass move that led to Iwobi's goal, Xhaka was involved for 3 of those passes. The pass to Monreal was so important in the build cos it stretched Chelsea and they never got organised from Monreal getting behind the defence.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
Shatap ya mouth and look with your eyes. People at the club make the decisions, they know better than you will ever know. Don't hate.
This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Because they make decisions they know more than us, and the decisions are in fact good ones? That explains why the club has won a grand total of...0 league titles in the last 14 seasons :clap: :clap: :clap:
I chose to ignore your abuse and not hit back. But there really is no need for name calling. If you do not agree with my opinion, you can disagree respectfully. Abuse does not make for respectful discourse.

We all have our opinions but it does not make us professionals. The professionals know far better than you and I will never know about the players, they work with them on a daily basis and have all the information about them. This is why they know more than any fan or supporter.

Besides, hindsight is the greatest coach. It is easy to have opinions and be critical after the game, it is another thing entirely to know how to beat your opponent before the game.

Just my two pennies worth.

Waffi my brother Oya agree with us nah :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Say it and it will make you feel better :woot:

Oya repeat after me: “The club made a big mistake in extending the contracts of Ozil, Xhacrap and Chambermaid :mrgreen:

Okay exhale now :lol:
You know my answer. No need to trepeat. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
This habit of giving space to man with ball 30yds from our goal is a killer - didn't work under AW - still a problem - they can look up & pick a pass.
Auba to the bench - too many misses.
Team stay off social media till you get points - at least 12pts - too much noise - Not being emotional - bad loss.
After two games. Goodness. :ohmy:
Did winger. Win these games last season.?
We did not have winger last season. :taunt: :taunt:
We celebrating the horror that was last season now? 1 win away? Holding off Burnley for 6th place? We really going to act like speed demons aren't highly sought in our league? We going to pretend teams don't play us in a way that shows we know you can't beat us from the outside? What does the whip crosses from Iwobi & Mkhitaryan(vs Chelsea) that led to goal chances tell us about penetrative paces out wide?
Pep has shown us by his fear of Liverpool's frontline what it's - i ma stay noisy on this one - know 'dat' - One tho. Can't bury head in the sand.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
Shatap ya mouth and look with your eyes. People at the club make the decisions, they know better than you will ever know. Don't hate.

Because they make decisions they know more than us, and the decisions are in fact good ones? That explains why the club has won a grand total of...0 league titles in the last 14 seasons :clap: :clap: :clap:
I chose to ignore your abuse and not hit back. But there really is no need for name calling. If you do not agree with my opinion, you can disagree respectfully. Abuse does not make for respectful discourse.

We all have our opinions but it does not make us professionals. The professionals know far better than you and I will never know about the players, they work with them on a daily basis and have all the information about them. This is why they know more than any fan or supporter.

Besides, hindsight is the greatest coach. It is easy to have opinions and be critical after the game, it is another thing entirely to know how to beat your opponent before the game.

Waffi my brother Oya agree with us nah :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Say it and it will make you feel better :woot:

Oya repeat after me: “The club made a big mistake in extending the contracts of Ozil, Xhacrap and Chambermaid :mrgreen:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AGBAYA .... URHOBO WA YO MAN :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

On another note if una dey wonder where Azuka dey hide ... I don find am for Rant and Rave for FGC thread ..... Unfrotunately I have a very bad feeling I might know him from .... ahhh never mind :boo: :boo: :boo: :D
Last edited by anikulapo on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka
I am not the Coach and to many daft and deluded Gooners he is under pressure. I care for the team and I love this Manager. I am fully behind him, and as you know, he was my choice to replace Wenger.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.
Waffi, your point on Xhaka is solid and we'll taken. Good read there.
This confirms my point and it also shows how our attack and shape was more right sided.

I didn't even need the additional diagram to agree that your point was well taken. I watched the game and noticed we lost our fluency in the second half. I did not attribute it to Xhaka's absence, but I do know that Xhaka helps our passing game. He deficiencies lie elsewhere, not in his passing game. Good call.
It is one of those peculiar ones. You don't miss the player till he is not there. Our 2nd goal really sums up this point. In the 18 pass move that led to Iwobi's goal, Xhaka was involved for 3 of those passes. The pass to Monreal was so important in the build cos it stretched Chelsea and they never got organised from Monreal getting behind the defence.
Right...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:On another note if una dey wonder where Azuka dey hide ... I don find am for Rant and Tave for FGC thread ..... Unfrotunately I have a very bad feeling I might know him from .... ahhh never mind :boo: :boo: :boo: :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :drool: :drool: :drool:
It's Rant and Rave and not Rant and Tave. U sure go Okigwe so. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I am ever present here oo. Not running like you. Just taking a break for all the premature ejaculation going on here. Am i happy with our results so far, of course not. But then i am cognisant of the fact it's just Emery's 2nd match in charge. He's still getting know his players and the players are still adapting to his methods. So i am willing to give him benefit of doubt instead of over-analyzing him after just 2 matches.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:On another note if una dey wonder where Azuka dey hide ... I don find am for Rant and Tave for FGC thread ..... Unfrotunately I have a very bad feeling I might know him from .... ahhh never mind :boo: :boo: :boo: :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :drool: :drool: :drool:
It's Rant and Rave and not Rant and Tave. U sure go Okigwe so. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I am ever present here oo. Not running like you. Just taking a break for all the premature ejaculation going on here. Am i happy with our results so far, of course not. But then i am cognisant of the fact it's just Emery's 2nd match in charge. He's still getting know his players and the players are still adapting to his methods. So i am willing to give him benefit of doubt instead of over-analyzing him after just 2 matches.
Chai! The man nor dey tire. He starts arguement in an empty room. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AGBAYA .... URHOBO WA YO MAN :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys how should Emery line upagainst West Ham?Is it time to bench Auba for Laca or start both?
Should Ozil be bench or allow him to start since he like to show up for games against mid-table and bottom teams?
West Ham coach was saying his team need to bounce back from poor start against Arsenal,i hope he does not surprise us because that will likely put us in a total bad position to be 9 points behind others in game 3.God help us and make West Ham game be the turning point to go 15 games unbeaten without dropping any points and be top of the table.
Yes We can Arsenal for life
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Guys how should Emery line upagainst West Ham?Is it time to bench Auba for Laca or start both?
Should Ozil be bench or allow him to start since he like to show up for games against mid-table and bottom teams?
West Ham coach was saying his team need to bounce back from poor start against Arsenal,i hope he does not surprise us because that will likely put us in a total bad position to be 9 points behind others in game 3.God help us and make West Ham game be the turning point to go 15 games unbeaten without dropping any points and be top of the table.
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Monreal Sokraitis Mustafi
Cech

Our best chances vs Chelsea came from out wide usually from Iwobi or Mkhi whipping a low cross in - it points to what penetration out wide could do for us. Whilst Iwobi needn't be punished for a spectacular performance - Danny's been played as a wingback in this system plus when we need someone to hold on to a high kick from the back - he can do that. The gaffer liked Welbeck as an emergency FB - we need to expose our central attacking players to less defensive duties(vs speedy FBs - Alonso had a field day yesterday) that will take them deep. Iwobi is interchangeable with Mkhi in this setup - in the Chelsea match we used Mkhi/Ozil/Iwobi to press high( 3 no. 10s) that's crazy & a gamble. This team will press high more effectively - Auba & laca will be more effective in this compared to a 4-4-2 - Hector & Danny get to operate in a shorter pitch vs the Hammers.
Mkhi gets the opportunity to own the spot - showing Ramsey & Ozil how it's done.

---------------------------------
Emery's copy

Nuestras mejores oportunidades frente al Chelsea vinieron de fuera de casa, generalmente de Iwobi o Mkhi, con una cruz baja: apunta a lo que la penetración en el exterior podría hacer por nosotros. Mientras que Iwobi no necesita ser castigado por una actuación espectacular -Danny ha sido jugado como wingback en este sistema y además cuando necesitamos que alguien aguante una patada alta desde atrás- puede hacerlo. Al gaffer le gustó Welbeck como un FB de emergencia - necesitamos exponer a nuestros jugadores centrales de ataque a deberes menos defensivos (contra veloces FB - Alonso tuvo un día de campo ayer) que los llevará a lo más profundo. Iwobi es intercambiable con Mkhi en esta configuración - en el partido de Chelsea usamos Mkhi / Ozil / Iwobi para presionar alto (3 no 10) que es una locura y una apuesta. Este equipo presionará alto de manera más efectiva: Auba & laca será más efectivo en este aspecto que el 4-4-2. Héctor y Danny operan en un campo más corto que los Hammers.
Mkhi tiene la oportunidad de ser el dueño del lugar, mostrando a Ramsey y Ozil cómo se hace.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

some of no sabi soccer. Can someone please explain to me what Ozil does on this team?
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“Ozil has cleverly brought racism into the game to distract attention from the fact that he has not played football well for a long time," Hoeness told Sky Sport.

"Joachim Low should have gone to Arsenal more often and had a look at him. He probably would not have taken him to the World Cup for sporting reasons, and then we would have been spared the whole drama."

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ozil is right on the racial elements involved in thr criticism of his meeting with Stephen. Destration or not. It was racist.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

168 pages 2 matches into the season, 2 loses :lol: you spammers never learn.. empty barrels makes the most noise
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:Guys how should Emery line upagainst West Ham?Is it time to bench Auba for Laca or start both?
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Our best chances vs Chelsea came from out wide usually from Iwobi or Mkhi whipping a low cross in - it points to what penetration out wide could do for us. Whilst Iwobi needn't be punished for a spectacular performance - Danny's been played as a wingback in this system plus when we need someone to hold on to a high kick from the back - he can do that. The gaffer liked Welbeck as an emergency FB - we need to expose our central attacking players to less defensive duties(vs speedy FBs - Alonso had a field day yesterday) that will take them deep. Iwobi is interchangeable with Mkhi in this setup - in the Chelsea match we used Mkhi/Ozil/Iwobi to press high( 3 no. 10s) that's crazy & a gamble. This team will press high more effectively - Auba & laca will be more effective in this compared to a 4-4-2 - Hector & Danny get to operate in a shorter pitch vs the Hammers.
Mkhi gets the opportunity to own the spot - showing Ramsey & Ozil how it's done.

Emery's copy

Nuestras mejores oportunidades frente al Chelsea vinieron de fuera de casa, generalmente de Iwobi o Mkhi, con una cruz baja: apunta a lo que la penetración en el exterior podría hacer por nosotros. Mientras que Iwobi no necesita ser castigado por una actuación espectacular -Danny ha sido jugado como wingback en este sistema y además cuando necesitamos que alguien aguante una patada alta desde atrás- puede hacerlo. Al gaffer le gustó Welbeck como un FB de emergencia - necesitamos exponer a nuestros jugadores centrales de ataque a deberes menos defensivos (contra veloces FB - Alonso tuvo un día de campo ayer) que los llevará a lo más profundo. Iwobi es intercambiable con Mkhi en esta configuración - en el partido de Chelsea usamos Mkhi / Ozil / Iwobi para presionar alto (3 no 10) que es una locura y una apuesta. Este equipo presionará alto de manera más efectiva: Auba & laca será más efectivo en este aspecto que el 4-4-2. Héctor y Danny operan en un campo más corto que los Hammers.
Mkhi tiene la oportunidad de ser el dueño del lugar, mostrando a Ramsey y Ozil cómo se hace.
To be honest your line up looks good but we are playing west ham not a top 6 team.Welbeck should not play in that position you put him.Iwobi should be the guy to play in place of Welbeck.You need a good passer and a player with brain not hustle with no end product.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

To be honest your line up looks good but we are playing west ham not a top 6 team.Welbeck should not play in that position you put him.Iwobi should be the guy to play in place of Welbeck.You need a good passer and a player with brain not hustle with no end product.

It's the EPL. Any team can beat another irrespective if top 6 or not.

By the way, if Iwobi keeps this up, he may just end up at Chelsea in the future.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I've been watching the player for a long time and he's a well-marketed product whose image is a lot better than he is, which is the only big blame for me,” Hoeness said.

“Had (Germany manager Joachim) Low gone to Arsenal more often in London and looked at him (Ozil) properly, he probably would not have taken him for sporting reasons.

“And then we would have been spared the whole theatre.

It is a miracle that he is now captain at Arsenal.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Will Mezzy get his revenge and prove his critics wrong? So far: 0-2 :woot:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

By the way, if Iwobi keeps this up, he may just end up at Chelsea in the future.
To replace Hazard?

Ok :mrgreen:

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:
balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

To replace Hazard?

Ok :mrgreen:

It's a challenge Iwobi would gladly take on. He needs to work hard though. Replacing Hazard is no green beans.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg