The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

Sami Mokbel: Emery was dissatisfied w/t Aaron’s performance against City and that was a factor in his decision to drop the midfielder vs Chelsea. Ramsey wasn’t happy & teammates were shocked by that as well. #AFC may sell him in Jan to recoup some fee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Unai Emery was disappointed with Aaron Ramsey against Manchester City
There is growing uncertainty over the role Ramsey will play under Emery"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -line.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know Waffiman has commented on this - but what sorta team are we(i doubt it) - players shocked Aaron's benched? We going act like dude is all that now? Ego of dude & his agent need work.
Him, Ozil & Xhaka shouldn't be seen as untouchables - that's how you get work ethic thru to a squad.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Interesting game analysis ... look at those stats from Arsenal players ...

[/video]
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Rather sell Ramsey than be forced to commit another high salary to keep him and his inconsistency around. I'm a fan of Ramsey, but his inconsistencies and lack of tactical discipline are just not good.
After selling Sanchez, Arsenal was so desperate to appease fan unrest, it gave the keys to the kingdom to Ozil.
I remember the celebration on this board (and other Arsenal forums) when Ozil was signed ...
I only remember two people here calling Ozil signing the worst decision of Arsenal history at the time... (Anyone seen Platinum?)
Let Ramsey walk. Too bad Xhaka was already signed to an extension ... another poor decision by Arsenal Management.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:Sami Mokbel: Emery was dissatisfied w/t Aaron’s performance against City and that was a factor in his decision to drop the midfielder vs Chelsea. Ramsey wasn’t happy & teammates were shocked by that as well. #AFC may sell him in Jan to recoup some fee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know Waffiman has commented on this - but what sorta team are we(i doubt it) - players shocked Aaron's benched? We going act like dude is all that now? Ego of dude & his agent need work.
Him, Ozil & Xhaka shouldn't be seen as untouchables - that's how you get work ethic thru to a squad.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Unai needs our support. Those brats spoilt by grandpa AW cannot hold the club to ransom.
Pls bench the trio of Xhaka, Ozil and Ramsay.
Still can't wrap my head around paying Ozil £350,000 a week. Who are the people that did that sh1t.

They should cut their losses and terminate the contract.
AW mismanaged the team period.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bouncino wrote:Unai needs our support. Those brats spoilt by grandpa AW cannot hold the club to ransom.
Still can't wrap my head around paying Ozil £350,000 a week. Who are the people that did that sh1t.

That extension needs to be investigated .... If na Naija we would definitely suspecting that someone is getting a kickback .... Sinply the worst contract ever :curse:

Could you imagine the fate of Ozil if he was a free agent after the shocking World Cup he just had ... Bloody stupid Arsenal :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mezut Ozil vs Chelsea??? Can this be right?

Zero shots on goal
Zero assists
Zero dribbles and

Even zero on the dubious chances created stat ?

I mean WTF? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And Una go dey insult me or Hoeness when we tell the truth about this fraud :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bouncino wrote:Unai needs our support. Those brats spoilt by grandpa AW cannot hold the club to ransom.

when I was shouting myself hoarse that AW was treating these yeye players like his grandchildren, Waffi and co were vexing. See ordinary yeye Ramsey dey do yanga....kai, football don spoil :mad: :mad: :mad: :evil: :curse: :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ys-arsenal

Great debate between Carragher and Neville over Emery

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Rather sell Ramsey than be forced to commit another high salary to keep him and his inconsistency around. I'm a fan of Ramsey, but his inconsistencies and lack of tactical discipline are just not good.
After selling Sanchez, Arsenal was so desperate to appease fan unrest, it gave the keys to the kingdom to Ozil.
I remember the celebration on this board (and other Arsenal forums) when Ozil was signed ...
I only remember two people here calling Ozil signing the worst decision of Arsenal history at the time... (Anyone seen Platinum?)
Let Ramsey walk. Too bad Xhaka was already signed to an extension ... another poor decision by Arsenal Management.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:Sami Mokbel: Emery was dissatisfied w/t Aaron’s performance against City and that was a factor in his decision to drop the midfielder vs Chelsea. Ramsey wasn’t happy & teammates were shocked by that as well. #AFC may sell him in Jan to recoup some fee.

Not getting Nzonzi was a huge miss - you're right he's very inconsistent - too many fans are looking for the killer form he had the 2013-14 season - it's gone.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

In a title chasing team Ramsey would be a dead weight. He should count himself lucky that he ever wore the Arsenal colours this long.

It has definitely given him a false sense of entitlement IMHO.

Notwithstanding, the team is still trying to gel with the gaffer's tactics. It is way too early to start making a judgement call on these players.

I'd give it till Christmas time to begin to know who can go forward with this team.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

anikulapo wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ys-arsenal

In his first season, certainly in the first half, I'd go more for pragmatism and approach each game on it's merit.

By Christmas time it should become definite who should be shipped and who should stay.

I cannot believe a player like Campbell is treated like dirt while the barely there performers get treated like prima donnas.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

anikulapo wrote:
“Ozil has cleverly brought racism into the game to distract attention from the fact that he has not played football well for a long time," Hoeness told Sky Sport.

"Joachim Low should have gone to Arsenal more often and had a look at him. He probably would not have taken him to the World Cup for sporting reasons, and then we would have been spared the whole drama."
Hoeness doesn't make sense beyond trying to push his simple opinion.

Same German side that overlooked the inclusion of Sane? I guess that was for footballing reasons.

And o, Ozil made the whole German machine suck? Hmmmm. Okayoooo.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ys-arsenal

In his first season, certainly in the first half, I'd go more for pragmatism and approach each game on it's merit.

By Christmas time it should become definite who should be shipped and who should stay.

I cannot believe a player like Campbell is treated like dirt while the barely there performers get treated like prima donnas.

I would have agreed with the pragmatism angle until I heard what Neville had to say about his own coaching experience and how the modern player acts and it clicked with me :idea:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Mustafi is an absolute bum, and should be benched with immediate effect.

Dude complaining that no one told him what to do, taking a dig at the past regime, as if he is the only defender Arsenal ever had. Dirty *kindperson* can't take responsibility for his shite play. Emery needs to play Rob Holding or the Greek kid and bench this bum.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like Ramsey contract talks has hit a snag. Arsenal fans take a lot of $#% from the board. It is tough been a fan. I really dislike Stan Kroenke. One of the reasons I don't support the Nuggets, Avalanche and the Rapid. Now that leech has his hands in Arsenal. It is tough.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like Ramsey contract talks has hit a snag. Arsenal fans take a lot of $#% from the board. It is tough been a fan. I really dislike Stan Kroenke. One of the reasons I don't support the Nuggets, Avalanche and the Rapid. Now that leech has his hands in Arsenal. It is tough.
How do you think the players feel for unjustified insults on them? Players like Rambo, Giroud, Ozil, Laca.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nkume wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Looks like Ramsey contract talks has hit a snag. Arsenal fans take a lot of $#% from the board. It is tough been a fan. I really dislike Stan Kroenke. One of the reasons I don't support the Nuggets, Avalanche and the Rapid. Now that leech has his hands in Arsenal. It is tough.
How do you think the players feel for unjustified insults on them? Players like Rambo, Giroud, Ozil, Laca.
I don't think they will like it. I don't insult Arsenal players. Look at Guendouzi for example. The darling of fans at this time. The same fans will turn on him in a few months from now, calling him names. The guy is not ready. He is a good prospect. But defensively he is not ready. That is constructive criticism. Unlike Aniks usual Babble, calling Ozil Opolo eyes and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I am not as shocked as many regarding Ramsey - as far back as the Euros, Charles Nicholas made comments on Sky which amounted
to Ramsey wouldn't sign if Ozil did - the argument then was that he wanted to play in the hole off the striker They both had good Euros - it was clear Charles Nicholas was repeating comments from a trusted source - i would say Ramsey's agent. I think i dropped hints on this forum at the time.
Ramsey has been played in that spot many times - he lacks the tactical discipline - he goes wondering about.
What we're getting now in the press & will get thru Jan are rumours of the biggest clubs wanting him - nah - ain't no one paying what he wants even on a free - him & his agent better be careful cos they starting to overplay this hand.
----------------------------------------

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/arse ... esut-ozil/

Aaron Ramsey has been informed to forget signing a deal similar to Mesut Ozil’s £350k-per-week contract....
Ozil’s contract is believed to have complicated matters by adjusting parameters over feasible demands for other key players.
..However, Arsenal have told the Welshman that Ozil has a specific worldwide commercial value and his contract should not be used as a benchmark
------------------------------------------
I'll suggest Henrikh Mkhitaryan's wages come into it too but one cannot forget those were special circumstances. Trying to use Ozil to secure a rise is populist but is your game "Fiya" - if it's you could demand more than Ozil is paid
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This Emery why is he asking Crystal Palace again to play indoors game tomorrow with beloved?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
Dude they are stars making a lot of money and fans pay their salary.You have failed to see that a player like Ozil with the amount he cost along with Laca its fair to call them out when they don't show that desire.Giroud was not great for beloved and slow,no one doubt him if anyone should be really insult and deserved it was your master Wenger just like how he was hail in his first 10 years.
Ozil is one of the most highly paid footballer in the world and play like $@#% and Iwobi is playing better.I mean he is paid a lot a week something Iwiobi take 5 weeks to make. Arsenal has the best fan base in the world.no top team fans will take nonsense from the club with such clueless players parade as footballer.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

kajifu wrote:This Emery why is he asking Crystal Palace again to play indoors game tomorrow with beloved?
he's looking @their RB.... :tic:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@WhoScored:
"While Guendouzi is a long way from the finished article and could do with some guidance, he is leading by example, winning over the hearts of the fans and the mind of his manager." .

@afcstuff:
Matteo Guendouzi has made more tackles & interceptions combined (17) than any other player in the PL this season.