The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:U-23 won well today. Arsenal 4 - Liverpool 0

Willock again among the goals. The guy needs a loan move to the championship.

Arsenal women on fire. Last 2 games:

Lewes 0 - Arsenal 9

Yeovil 0 - Arsenal 7

Montemuro has the squad on fire.
Thanks for this infor I think you will do good job reporting about our women game and under-23,stay away from the senior team.lol
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffi, can you tell that confused looking new coach to go and get that new sensational Naija boy? I don't want totoham to get him...I hear they are sniffing around
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:just one question. where were defenders like Sokratis when were buying dross like Mustafi.
Their clubs will not sell at a price we can afford. Look at Auba. The price we paid and the price Dortmund wanted just 6 months earlier. Look at Mikh, we lost out to ManU, just like we lost out on Kante to Chelsea.

When we got Mustafi, he was last choice after we missed out on all choices before. Mustafi is not a bad player BTW! On his day he can be very good.

Sokratis is a good player, who is now at his peak as a CD, but nowhere near what we consider as the best, yet. I hope he progresses and becomes a top player, we desperately need it.

As my Gooners pals were chatting recently, none of our current defenders, apart from a peak Kos, will even seat on the bench when we talk of our great defenders. We know where we are lacking, it is why we need to swallow our pride and be pragmatic. It is why our forwards and midfield must do better defensively for the team. Emery recognises this, and you can see he is being pragmatic and defensive in his approach.

One of the top qualities of Sokratis is his ability to play the left and right centre half (CH) positions and be equally effective. There are few CDs with such quality. But this quality, plus his leadership and organisational attributes now make him, IMHO, our most important player.

With Mustafi, who must play at left CH, Sokratis play right CH, when the line up came out yesterday, I immediately pointed out to my friends, Sokratis will have to play left CH because Holding is not the best at Right CH. I know we did not play a top team, I thought Holding was was good last night.

Er Mustafi is a right footer and has even played Right fullback for Germany .... he plays on the right side for Arsenal as a center back :idea: You no see am. Without google and the stats from others your eye no sabi football :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Chai! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes when you are in a meeting and you are bored, you don't sneak and get on Cybereagles, :mrgreen: cos you end up making mistakes and Aniks will jump on it, especially after you have been giving him a good whooping. :D

My bad, Mustafi obviously plays the right side CH. BTW! Being right or left footed does not determine which CH position you play. Over the years I have seen many CHs who are right footed but prefer to play the left side CH position and vice versa. Tony Adams was number one.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi, can you tell that confused looking new coach to go and get that new sensational Naija boy? I don't want totoham to get him...I hear they are sniffing around
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing confusing about the new coach. He is doing a fine job. Do you mean the Naija kid with an American passport? I thought he was already ours. Next time I go to Hale End for a game, I will look out for him.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Watching Fulham vs Watford and Lord have mercy. May callumity Chambers never be seen ever in an Arsenal uniform. Smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Reiss Nelson starts on the bench as Hoffenheim are about to kick off against Dortmund. I will watch that in the second half when hopefully he is ushered into the field
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:taunt: This Christian Pulisic is a special talent ohh. Dortmund trailing and down a man via a bogus red card rally and tie the game through CP. Jadon Sancho has been poor throughout the game and Reiss no go enter this game it seems . Thunder fire Nagelsmann.

Hope they lose now :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Watching the raw talent of Adama Traore terrorize United in the last stages of the 1-1 draw. Why oh why did Arsenal not sign and groom this talent. If this kid ever gets proper technique and decision making to his raw talents then gareth Bale will have nothing on him

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Watching the raw talent of Adama Traore terrorize United in the last stages of the 1-1 draw. Why oh why did Arsenal not sign and groom this talent. If this kid ever gets proper technique and decision making to his raw talents then gareth Bale will have nothing on him
I think a coach like Wenger would have turn him to look good..
I dont know any coach now with Wenger trust on players since everyone want to win by all cost.
He could have win the game if he has Iwobi brain
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Waffi, can you tell that confused looking new coach to go and get that new sensational Naija boy? I don't want totoham to get him...I hear they are sniffing around

Nothing confusing about the new coach. He is doing a fine job. Do you mean the Naija kid with an American passport? I thought he was already ours. Next time I go to Hale End for a game, I will look out for him.

LOL...he is trying, but why is he always looking confused on the sidelines? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

No, I am talking about Ebere Eze. Abeg make Arsenal sign am quick quick. I don't want Toto to sign him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

LOL...he is trying, but why is he always looking confused on the sidelines? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

No, I am talking about Ebere Eze. Abeg make Arsenal sign am quick quick. I don't want Toto to sign him.
Plays for QPR, has a contract with them. I don't think we are interested at present.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Blast from the past: Gervinho scores cracking goal for Parma!

[/video][/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I would have started Welbeck to help Bellerin against Richarlison .... but it looks like Guendo has become sacrificial Lamb as Torreira gets his first start alongside Chaka.

This game will be interesting for sure .... Looks like the ankle injury has Kayoed Mikhi who isn’t even on the bench

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Starting line up looks great. Wenger never lost to Everton in 22 years. Dominance. Unia berrer not F-up.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Starting line up looks great. Wenger never lost to Everton in 22 years. Dominance. Unia berrer not F-up.

Olodo. He never at “home”.

Muppet :rotf:

MLK.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Arsenal still havent figured out how to beat the pressing game
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Skylolo, hope you slow down on this call to replace Cech before his time is due. I don't see any reason to replace Cech with Leno just yet. And I won't be changing my mind even if he misses a pass in a game and costs us. A keeper is there to make saves and help us defend, not to show us he can pass the ball. I have a lot of respect for Petr Cech and how he's faced the challenge offered by Unai this season.

Shout out to Rob Holding who despite barely playing so far this season, replaced a stalwart like Sokratis, and did his thing.

Good win.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:rotf: :rotf:

Waffi,

Oya how did your great Swiss hero perform after all premature ejeculating hype after a half against a shyt Newcastle team :rotf:

I no warn you :taunt:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:Starting line up looks great. Wenger never lost to Everton in 22 years. Dominance. Unia berrer not F-up.

Olodo. He never at “home”.

Muppet :rotf:
Typo. You got me there. Stop laughing like a jack-#$% and move on.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Azuka are you back in exile ?? :taunt: :taunt:

Given that your lords Xhacrap and Ozil did everything possible to give away this game while your enemy #1 ( Petr Cech) was the hero and saving grace :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh well guess we will hear from you next week :D :D

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:Azuka are you back in exile ?? :taunt: :taunt:

Given that your lords Xhacrap and Ozil did everything possible to give away this game while your enemy #1 ( Petr Cech) was the hero and saving grace :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh well guess we will hear from you next week :D :D
Do you actually watch the match or you listened to your normal 3rd analysis by favoured British jurnos? I seriously doubt if you watched this match so i won't bother talking about Ozil and Xhaka. Their performance in this match especially Ozil whose passes helped break down a stubborn Everton defence talk for itself.
On Cech all i will say about his performance today is that it's coming a little too late in the day. And it's too early for your premature ejaculation. In any case his statistics of conceding 9 goals in 5 matches for a top side speaks for itself.
Last edited by azuka on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cally wrote:Skylolo, hope you slow down on this call to replace Cech before his time is due. I don't see any reason to replace Cech with Leno just yet. And I won't be changing my mind even if he misses a pass in a game and costs us. A keeper is there to make saves and help us defend, not to show us he can pass the ball. I have a lot of respect for Petr Cech and how he's faced the challenge offered by Unai this season.

Shout out to Rob Holding who despite barely playing so far this season, replaced a stalwart like Sokratis, and did his thing.

Good win.

I agree. Cech is definitely not one of our slackers this season.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Watching the raw talent of Adama Traore terrorize United in the last stages of the 1-1 draw. Why oh why did Arsenal not sign and groom this talent. If this kid ever gets proper technique and decision making to his raw talents then gareth Bale will have nothing on him
I think a coach like Wenger would have turn him to look good..
I dont know any coach now with Wenger trust on players since everyone want to win by all cost.
He could have win the game if he has Iwobi brain
He'll struggle to make it - common, Barca did everything to turn him into a special player - seems to have endurance issues, poor decision making - in the EPL, he has been with Villa, Boro & now Wolves. At this point it's about the kid in the mirror - penny dropped a while back - a waste. Barca busy buying speedsters this days.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.