The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:afc board acting like a league 2 outfit.....
kroneke out.....
But I thought it was Wenger's fault?
He was part of the problem, sacrifice his good name for crooks and lie to the fans because of power and 10 million a year.
Do you think Wenger would have come out and say no money just loan deals?Trust me he would have lie he has not seen quality of the player he wants or go beat for a player he had no interest of signing, just to cover for this clowns.So now he is out of the way,the real crooks are been expose :thumbs: :thumbs: So soon the owner will be chase out
To be fair to AW he understood fundamentals of PR i.e don't jump into the Lion's den, don't stoke the flames. AW also way ahead of his time, understood before many way back in mid 90's the societal shift in terms of youth entitlement, that the era of hairdryer treatment in football was going way of the Dinosaur and player+agent power was on the rise.

AW understood in world of 24/7 coverage that worst case scenario better he take the hits then the players. Emery started off well, never said anything of real note publicly, did not give media anything they could turn into drama. Of late though PR wise Emery has had a piss poor run, Emery has naively handed media a buffet of negative striores to run with and sour entire atmosphere in and around the club.
Emery's moves might be by design, not out of naiveté.
It was fool hardy.

This is club not in position to handle needless toxicity, when your champions you can bank on club and players getting through the noise. Arsenal in its current state not remotely capable of overcoming such a sour and toxic atmosphere.

It's no secret this is not remotely Emery ideal squad, there is no need for him to publicly alienate players or flip flop on Jan window transfer plans. Makes him look petty, weak and a man with ulterior motives.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

txj wrote:Wish LFC would ask to loan Ozil for remainder of season...
That would be something. Your team would become even more delightful to watch. If that kind of thing happens, I'd even pay to watch Pool play.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
He was part of the problem, sacrifice his good name for crooks and lie to the fans because of power and 10 million a year.
Do you think Wenger would have come out and say no money just loan deals?Trust me he would have lie he has not seen quality of the player he wants or go beat for a player he had no interest of signing, just to cover for this clowns.So now he is out of the way,the real crooks are been expose :thumbs: :thumbs: So soon the owner will be chase out
To be fair to AW he understood fundamentals of PR i.e don't jump into the Lion's den, don't stoke the flames. AW also way ahead of his time, understood before many way back in mid 90's the societal shift in terms of youth entitlement, that the era of hairdryer treatment in football was going way of the Dinosaur and player+agent power was on the rise.

AW understood in world of 24/7 coverage that worst case scenario better he take the hits then the players. Emery started off well, never said anything of real note publicly, did not give media anything they could turn into drama. Of late though PR wise Emery has had a piss poor run, Emery has naively handed media a buffet of negative striores to run with and sour entire atmosphere in and around the club.
It was fool hardy.

This is club not in position to handle needless toxicity, when your champions you can bank on club and players getting through the noise. Arsenal in its current state not remotely capable of overcoming such a sour and toxic atmosphere.

It's no secret this is not remotely Emery ideal squad, there is no need for him to publicly alienate players or flip flop on Jan window transfer plans. Makes him look petty, weak and a man with ulterior motives.
Now you see why i say we appointed a right coach at the wrong time. What we got is a "Damaged Goods" of a coach, damaged by his experience in PSG where he has to play 2nd fiddle to Emery. An experience he must have sworn never to allow to happen again. The basic reason he's alienating players. It that simple. And which goes a long way to explain why Santi wasn't given a chance to prove himself after injury(playing today in Spain as if he never left), Ramsey contract being withdrawn (and not getting a starting look-in) and the Ozil situation. Check what all these have in common: They are all fan favorites.
The earlier he seats down to do the job he's employed to do and stop hoofing and puffing on the touchline the better for him.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The fact that they took the Ox instead says it all
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cally wrote:
That would be something. Your team would become even more delightful to watch. If that kind of thing happens, I'd even pay to watch Pool play.
Fact not feelings.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:
That would be great for Ozil might turn him to a new man,just play 8 games and likely have EPL medal plus Cl football.
But truth is I don't see where he will start for Pool,Pool system high pressing and a front 3 attack where will he play?Behind the 3 front man?
The fact that klopp a fellow German is not looking at him says it all.
Ozil will fit in a team like Barcelona better with their passing style,i think he should call Henry to come get him to Monaco a less stress league and him and Fabregas might form good combo in MF
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Emery Emere Emere watch your back.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

kajifu wrote:
Cally wrote:
That would be great for Ozil might turn him to a new man,just play 8 games and likely have EPL medal plus Cl football.
But truth is I don't see where he will start for Pool,Pool system high pressing and a front 3 attack where will he play?Behind the 3 front man?
The fact that klopp a fellow German is not looking at him says it all.
Ozil will fit in a team like Barcelona better with their passing style,i think he should call Henry to come get him to Monaco a less stress league and him and Fabregas might form good combo in MF
Whatever happened to Nwakali going to Monaco sef ? I thought Henry was begging him or something

Any update :sneaky:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
Cally wrote:
Fact not feelings.
Spot on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
Cally wrote:
Fact not feelings.

Zero facts and clueless feelings .... there would be a riot at Anfield at the mere suggestion .... I’ve joked about it with two die hard Scousers who are academy coaches for my son and they looked like they were ready to have ulcers
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Suarez deal might happen. But rumours say, s loan with a clause to buy in the summer. The same rumours claim Barca want to make the clause legally enforceable. Hmmmm.....
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....

It was fool hardy.

Now you see why i say we appointed a right coach at the wrong time. What we got is a "Damaged Goods" of a coach, damaged by his experience in PSG where he has to play 2nd fiddle to Emery. An experience he must have sworn never to allow to happen again. The basic reason he's alienating players. It that simple. And which goes a long way to explain why Santi wasn't given a chance to prove himself after injury(playing today in Spain as if he never left), Ramsey contract being withdrawn (and not getting a starting look-in) and the Ozil situation. Check what all these have in common: They are all fan favorites.
The earlier he seats down to do the job he's employed to do and stop hoofing and puffing on the touchline the better for him.
My bro, Abeg take am easy on my man Emery. Non of this is his fault. He must be given time to bring his kind of players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:
The fact that they took the Ox instead says it all
Remember Coutinho?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cally wrote:
Fact not feelings.

Zero facts and clueless feelings .... there would be a riot at Anfield at the mere suggestion .... I’ve joked about it with two die hard Scousers who are academy coaches for my son and they looked like they were ready to have ulcers
Quite a number of fans discussing it on the 'who would you sign' threads in LFC forum...

I remember when you were mocking Ox as a Liverpool flop...how time changes...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cally wrote:
Fact not feelings.

Quite a number of fans discussing it on the 'who would you sign' threads in LFC forum...

I remember when you were mocking Ox as a Liverpool flop...how time changes...

And what’s he done so far :idea: anyway I’m not bagging on da Ox.

Ozil and Flopp? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wow :lol: nothing more to say :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by anikulapo on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....

I think you’re being unfair to Unai.

There’s not only the language barrier but the results have tended to blow these things out of proportion . Don’t know what’s so inflammatory about what he’s said. The issue again is results. Since we’ve been on a poor run, words are being taken out of context and every tiny issue misreported

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:Suarez deal might happen. But rumours say, s loan with a clause to buy in the summer. The same rumours claim Barca want to make the clause legally enforceable. Hmmmm.....

Denis Suarez/Eva Banega/Jame Rodriguez are all inferior players to an off-form Özil. So why is Arsenal trying to get rid of him and replace him with players of inferior quality. I am not a fan of Ramsey and have stated countless times why but bringing in lower quality players doesnt make sense at all, unless all those decisions are from the man upstairs because now he is emboldened to do whatever he wants coz he is sole owner
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mesut Ozil causes 'hours of tension' at AC Milan as Paolo Maldini and Ivan Gazidis clash over potential move for Arsenal star... ex-Gunners chief does NOT want to bring midfielder to Italy

By Max Winters For Mailonline

04:43 EST 18 Jan 2019, updated 07:24 EST 18 Jan 2019

Arsenal star Mesut Ozil is causing tension between the AC Milan hierarchy
Paolo Maldini and Ivan Gazidis are at loggerheads over a deal for the midfielder
Gazidis, Arsenal's former chief executive, is against bringing him to Serie A
Maldini believes the club should go and get a player of the German's quality
Mesut Ozil is causing problems within the AC Milan hierarchy with Paolo Maldini and Ivan Gazidis said to be at loggerheads over a deal for the Arsenal midfielder.

ADVERTISEMENT

The frustrating German has fallen out of favour under Unai Emery and is getting ever closer to leaving the Emirates Stadium. He has not started any of Arsenal's last four games, although for two of them he has been recovering from a knee injury.

With Ozil's future seemingly away from north London, Milan are considering a move for him but the power brokers at the San Siro are reportedly struggling to agree on a deal.

AC Milan chiefs Paolo Maldini and Ivan Gazidis are at loggerheads over a move for Mesut Ozil +6
AC Milan chiefs Paolo Maldini and Ivan Gazidis are at loggerheads over a move for Mesut Ozil
Corriere dello Sport claim Ivan Gazidis and Paolo Maldini have clashed over the signing of Ozil +6
Corriere dello Sport claim Ivan Gazidis and Paolo Maldini have clashed over the signing of Ozil

According to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport, the relationship between Gazidis and Maldini has deteriorated over their opinions on signing Ozil.

Gazidis, who served as Arsenal's chief executive for around 10 years and departed to assume the same role at Milan in 2017, is against the idea of bringing Ozil to Serie A.

He believes the 30-year-old does not fit into the club's recruitment strategy with his age and wage demands financially unsuitable for the club.

Maldini, who won seven Serie A titles and five European Cups with Milan and has gone on to become their sporting strategy and development director, is of an opposite opinion and believes they should take the chance to sign a player of Ozil's calibre.

Ozil's £350,000-per-week wages have left a near-crippling burden on Arsenal's finances and the fact he is no longer a first-team regular casts even more scrutiny on the contract.

Gazidis (left) is against bringing Ozil to Serie A while Maldini (right) would welcome him +6
Gazidis (left) is against bringing Ozil to Serie A while Maldini (right) would welcome him
Unai Emery is not considering Ozil's departure but wants more consistent performances +6
Unai Emery is not considering Ozil's departure but wants more consistent performances
'There is no problem': Emery denies issue with Ozil back in August

The Gunners are willing to listen to offers for Ozil but it remains to be seen who will take on his salary. Arsenal will almost certainly need to subsidise his wages in order to shift him.

On Thursday, Emery insisted he is not considering Ozil's departure but admitted he wants more consistent performances from the playmaker.

The Spaniard said Ozil could face Chelsea on Saturday, saying: 'I've spoken to him because I want consistency.

'He's had some injuries and these injuries mean that sometimes he is OK and sometimes he isn't OK. I want every player to give the same work every day to be OK for every match.

'With Mesut it's the same. He didn't play the last matches but to me he's just like any other player.

'This Saturday he can be with us if he's OK. Now? He's training consistently with his work over the past two weeks and I think he can be.'

'

FOOTBALL CANCER :!:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nsfer.html

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Suarez deal might happen. But rumours say, s loan with a clause to buy in the summer. The same rumours claim Barca want to make the clause legally enforceable. Hmmmm.....

Denis Suarez/Eva Banega/Jame Rodriguez are all inferior players to an off-form Özil. So why is Arsenal trying to get rid of him and replace him with players of inferior quality. I am not a fan of Ramsey and have stated countless times why but bringing in lower quality players doesnt make sense at all, unless all those decisions are from the man upstairs because now he is emboldened to do whatever he wants coz he is sole owner
Unai wants gra-gra players, so gra-gra players he will get. He will live and die by his decisions just like every other coach at the top level. I actually agree with your assessment of the quality of those players vis-a-vis Ozil, but a coach deserves to be granted his wish of preferred players. That's the least that the club should do to help him succeed.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cally wrote:
bk-one wrote:

Unai wants gra-gra players, so gra-gra players he will get. He will live and die by his decisions just like every other coach at the top level. I actually agree with your assessment of the quality of those players vis-a-vis Ozil, but a coach deserves to be granted his wish of preferred players. That's the least that the club should do to help him succeed.

Hmm Dennis Suarez and Ever Banega are “gra gra” players?

Ok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....

It was fool hardy.

Stand Up :clap: :agree: :thumbs:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Why isn't Arsenal in for this geezer - can play wide & score - understands the landscape in N.London.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
& If we're going to get a hard time doing a D_Suarez deal with Barca - why ignore Malcom who looks like going on loan to Spurs!! Suarez is mid 20 something failure.
-----------------------------------------------
After AW arrived in the EPL - many teams brought in foreign managers & gave them similar powers to Arsene - failure rates were high cos many of these cats never dealt with transfers in their previous clubs & most of them lacked the sort of contacts AW had at the time - helped that his main man was David_Dein.
Does anyone have any info on some of the players recommended by Sven to the club this window for i am sure as can be that he isn't on this Suarez train.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We seem to be pursuing the deal like we owe the kid something - it's really poor from the board or whomever is pushing this deal. Mid 20 & Barca anxious to get rid of.
What have you heard about Sven's list for this window - there'd be rumour several months back about a German DM - highly rated, got injured - young & working his way back - Julian Weigl(now a PSG target)