The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
I concur. What I have taken issue with is the revisionism. No moaning about the squad or anything when we were winning. I have complained about the owner I once supported over Usmanov. I will still prefer him over Usmanov, so it is not like I have an agenda against the Owner. I have just used factual events since he came aboard to highlight my issues and why I am really concerned about us ever becoming to top club again under his ownership.

When signings were made early and when we went 22 unbeaten, not a word from those who now want to blame Gazidis and Wenger. Indeed, we were told all sorts of stories trying to undermine Wenger. I read so many premature and ill-informed comments and we had not done a thing. I tried to warn them about the problems with making premature statements. But to no avail.

Suddenly, the results not acceptable, it is still Wenger's fault. Hold on, using the logic of these people, when we were winning, was it Wenger's fault. You see, the wins dry up and the usual scapegoats came back. That's the fickle nature of these people. It is all too predictable. I just wish we all try to be more sensible about these things.
The bold isn't correct. Remember i raised some salient point during the unbeaten run.
You are definitely not one to moan and snipe. You definitely did not try to put Wenger down.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:That was some old school Arsenal today.

Right from KO the lads had no quarter asked, none given mentality. Add in Emery getting tactics spot on and Arsenal had all intangibles necessary to beat Chelsea.
No props to Unai for not bowing to the pressure of Morons who wanted him to play that overrated misfit, Ozil?
Clear that Emery all in on cultural overhaul, like it or not Emery putting in work ethic and commitment above all. It's a risk but fair play to a man, easy choice would be to placate stars, but Emery willing to play it hard.
Once again, we cannot get too carried away. I still do not trust this set of players. Do not forget these are by and large new set of players, replacing the treble FA cup winning team/squad. The rebuilding of this team/squad started in ernest 3 windows ago. I have mentioned this here many a time.

Emery met a rebuilding job at the perfect time, I don't see a cultural shift, I see a system that suits the press and hard running. I have posted stats refuting claims we were not a pressing team last season. Currently, it all depends on how many runners you want in your team and who creates. Emery is clear on what he wants. I stand with him.

After the game, all my friends and I did was ask why we can't put up 50% of today's performance away from home. We will be top 4. These player's performances away from home last season cost Wenger and they Are at It again this season.

Before I left for the game, I posted how confident I was about us getting a result. I talked about injured players being back. But these group of players are farking homies. They love the comforts of home, someone needs to let them know league football us about home and away games.

Until these players show the same physical and mental fortitude they show at home away from home, we will not be top 4.

The biggest hailing was for Giroud. During and after the game.

BTW! Kos is back.
Good job to Unai and the boys for the win. But once again this is simply a replay of the first matcch at stamford bridge where Unai targeted Jorghinno(sp). Here again the same Chelsea no 5 was targeted only the different. In the first match Unai wanted to capitalize on Jorghino lack of speed to recover and so directed our players to always cross into the position he usually occupies which is around the penalty circle. If not for our boys waste of chances we would have beaten Chelsea back then.
And in this match he simply did not allow Jorghino space by putting Ramsey on him. A tactics virtually all the coaches that have beaten Sari's Chelsea this season has done. Bravo to Unai for getting his plan A spot on from the onset.
But can someone please explain his changes of Laca and Ramsey in the 2nd half for me? I was lost there.
Just like teams target Xhaka for Arsenal, they target Jorghino for Chelsea. You are spot on, Emery targeted Jorginho especially on the set piece and unlike the away game, we took our chances. He also had Ramsey on him all game. Also we narrowed the pitch giving Chelsea width knowing they had no physical presence for the cross. It is interesting to see how we evolve, we basically did to Chelsea what other teams below us try to do to us. Emery does not see us as too big to employ any tactics he sees fit.

However, it must be said, we lost the away game when he took off Xhaka cos we lost control of the game, today we matched Chelsea and in Xhaka, Guendouzi and Torreira, we were the better team. Guendouzi was outstanding along with Xhaka, Torreira is playing hurt and is nowhere close to the player we know but today was a real improvement on recent performances.

I do not like to criticise coaches who win far more games than they lose. This is why I was not happy with those stupid fans who booed when he subbed Laca. Ozil had his song being sang by a group of supporters. I don't like stuff like that. Just support your Coach and team. On that pitch, it is not about individuals, it has never been. Why help the opposition by booing your own?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

As the great Vieira said many years ago...
"Sometimes you know you have difficult periods, even the best teams. You accept the opponent is stronger, you defend, you stay strong, more compact. You accept you have to suffer.

"Accept it and find a different way to win. Fight for each other. It's not the way you want, but what's important is to win"
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Heliopolis wrote:Great attitude by the players today. Our pressing was great and didn't allow Chelsea to test Leno.

Chelsea aren't very strong and Spurs are without their best player for the next 6 weeks so those two remaining CL spots will be a 4-horse race. The thing is we need reinforcements. A bit of spending in the coming 2 weeks could be the difference between lucrative CL revenues and being stuck in our vicious cycle. We also need to figure out the Ozil situation. You either start the guy or let him go ASAP; a club with a tight financial situation can't afford to have a 350K-weekly player on the bench.
"let him go ASAP" - Go where? dude's got a contract - he ain't asking to leave & he didn't force us to sign the extension. Mkhi was hardly getting playing time @ManU - we'd to increase his wages to get him to London.
Ozil probably has an image clause with Arsenal he gets nowhere else - we saw Yaya with ManC, or even way b4 that Winston Bogarde with Chelsea. You want him out, pay him every penny.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Cultural shift & all - to play with that intensity requires a deeper squad - else we'll be out by March. Seems to me we overworked in the preseason & sometime after - Unai brought his own physical trainer & we seem to be that club again full of injuries.
It's unsustainable to play on the counter while pressing with 14/15 deep.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Cultural shift & all - to play with that intensity requires a deeper squad - else we'll be out by March. Seems to me we overworked in the preseason & sometime after - Unai brought his own physical trainer & we seem to be that club again full of injuries.
It's unsustainable to play on the counter while pressing with 14/15 deep.
It is a squad game. We have not had a proper squad for years. The intensity the game is played now always puts us in that situation where players in the red zone are risked. I look at Bellerin and wonder if he was fully fit? Maybe rushing him back has contributed to him suffering another injury. We pray he has not done his ACL.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Defensively Arsenal was switched on. I was impressed by both Sokratis and Kos.

The main worry is Aubameyang.....He is just missing way too many chances for a top marksman. Its fine when you are winning but in games where chances are far and thin you are likely to drop points because of those missed chances.

I know I criticized Maitland-Niles last time but when he came in yesterday he really played well
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:Defensively Arsenal was switched on. I was impressed by both Sokratis and Kos.

The main worry is Aubameyang.....He is just missing way too many chances for a top marksman. Its fine when you are winning but in games where chances are far and thin you are likely to drop points because of those missed chances.

I know I criticized Maitland-Niles last time but when he came in yesterday he really played well
Niles also suffered that bad fracture first game of the season, that sets players back, if you rushed back into the team like he was due to injuries, you are nowhere near match fitness. He needed a few games to get his match fitness.

Yesterday, I observed he hardly got out if his zone. He just sat deep and snuffed out every Chelsea attack. He was fantastic.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Suarez deal might happen. But rumours say, s loan with a clause to buy in the summer. The same rumours claim Barca want to make the clause legally enforceable. Hmmmm.....

Denis Suarez/Eva Banega/Jame Rodriguez are all inferior players to an off-form Özil. So why is Arsenal trying to get rid of him and replace him with players of inferior quality. I am not a fan of Ramsey and have stated countless times why but bringing in lower quality players doesnt make sense at all, unless all those decisions are from the man upstairs because now he is emboldened to do whatever he wants coz he is sole owner
By now it's evident that the issue with Ozil has nothing to do with his quality or lack thereof.

The thing is do you choose his quality over all his other shortcomings, and clearly Emery doesn't.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks, how was Xhaka yesterday? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The silence from Xhaka detractors is deafening. If he makes one mistake, they will not stop talking about Xhaka having a bad pass once every 20 games, they will never acknowledge the many great performances inbetween. Why?.... narrative and agenda.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Aniks, how was Xhaka yesterday? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The silence from Xhaka detractors is deafening. If he makes one mistake, they will not stop talking about Xhaka having a bad pass once every 20 games, they will never acknowledge the many great performances inbetween. Why?.... narrative and agenda.

It’s clear you’re blind my bro :woot: :rotf: :rotf: he was the worst player on the field by a mile along with Jorginho .... Total liability with few redeeming qualities.

ElNeny quickly showed why it’s unconscionable for Emery to leave him on the bench and play Chacrap .... what a Gawd awful player :curse: :curse: Buying that Swiss Stiff was the last straw for Arsenal as he cost that Yeye Scout His Job :idea:

I mean sometimes you worry me sha :rotf: :rotf: anyway you’re on a wind up so e no go bother me :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:

It’s clear you’re blind my bro :woot: :rotf: :rotf: he was the worst player on the field by a mile along with Jorginho .... Total liability with few redeeming qualities.

ElNeny quickly showed why it’s unconscionable for Emery to leave him on the bench and play Chacrap .... what a Gawd awful player :curse: :curse: Buying that Swiss Stiff was the last straw for Arsenal as he cost that Yeye Scout His Job :idea:

I mean sometimes you worry me sha :rotf: :rotf: anyway you’re on a wind up so e no go bother me :taunt:
Baba fear God na...He was the worst player on the field? What a wa freaking wu...Apart from a lost possession in the early minute of the game, Xhaka was very solid all game long. Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Baba fear God na...He was the worst player on the field? What a wa freaking wu...Apart from a lost possession in the early minute of the game, Xhaka was very solid all game long. Fact not feelings!

Can you please tell me any player on the field other than Jorginho who was as bad as Chacrap ? Are you guys blind or on drugs?

ANWYAY why I dey waste time with Una .... Ode me ji :taunt: :taunt: :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Fantastic result and I am happy for the boys but we must not get carried away, we thrashed Spurs 4-2 with a fantastic performance a few weeks back and then went on a poor run of results for a variety of reasons including poor defensive displays, some tactical decisions that simply did not work and not always playing our best players.

The best news of all to me is the clean sheet, that has been our main problem all season conceding goals. A back to his best Arsenal legend Koscielny may just be the thing that saves our season finally.

We will need all our players to secure this top 4 position so I hope Ozils return to the bench is the start of a process that sees him given a fair chance to help his team like every other player as long as he is at the club, not demonised and treated like an outcast because he earns whatever. One of Wengers last words on the way out was to remember the values of the club.....these things matter to some of us as just much as winning or losing.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

BS. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

The man dey smoke something wey we nor wan try. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If not be Ozil, na Xhaka. Ramsey don issue am humble pie with the sort of big money move he famously claimed no club will ever give him.

Football is a team sport, never about individuals. Arsenal have beaten far better Chelsea teams than yesterday with Ozil in the team. Arsenal have gone on a poor run of form without Ozil in the team. But you read Aniks for the game thread, you go think say na Ozil make us win. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To Aniks, Ozil is responsible for all Arsenal's ills.

The rest of our season now hinges on injuries. If we lose another 2 key players, our season is over. With Bellerin out, it hangs on a thread but we will cope with Niles so long as the Coach makes the necessary tweaks to ensure his talent are maximised for the team.

Of course if things go good or bad, it will be Ozil is not needed, if it goes bad, it will because Ozil is not playing. The bottom line is Ozil is just one player in the grand scheme of things. The club must address its issues with regards to the squad if we ever want to compete at the very top again. Right now, we are not so we should not expect miracles.

But na lie, all na Ozil fault.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:Fantastic result and I am happy for the boys but we must not get carried away, we thrashed Spurs 4-2 with a fantastic performance a few weeks back and then went on a poor run of results for a variety of reasons including poor defensive displays, some tactical decisions that simply did not work and not always playing our best players.

The best news of all to me is the clean sheet, that has been our main problem all season conceding goals. A back to his best Arsenal legend Koscielny may just be the thing that saves our season finally.

We will need all our players to secure this top 4 position so I hope Ozils return to the bench is the start of a process that sees him given a fair chance to help his team like every other player as long as he is at the club, not demonised and treated like an outcast because he earns whatever. One of Wengers last words on the way out was to remember the values of the club.....these things matter to some of us as just much as winning or losing.
Hear, hear. It matters a lot to a lot of us. You are nailed on.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Skylolo wrote:Fantastic result and I am happy for the boys but we must not get carried away, we thrashed Spurs 4-2 with a fantastic performance a few weeks back and then went on a poor run of results for a variety of reasons including poor defensive displays, some tactical decisions that simply did not work and not always playing our best players.

Kpom Kwem! :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Koseilny! General! Warrior! Legend!

Socratis! Hard as nails!

May we never see Mustafi again.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Ozil will get on the pitch, whenever he has shown willingness to actually get coached. Meaning, follow the instructions of the coach, like every player is doing.
Nobody is demonized or treated like outcasts. Honesty is also part of the values of the club. Do you abide by them? I doubt it.
Just look at the evolution of Aaron Ramsey. He was asked by Emery to do a job. He was reluctant at first. Now, he understand his role and plays it well, which has resulted in many starts and success of the team.
This is the path that we would all like to see Ozil follow. The ball is in Ozil's corner, if he wants to remain part of this team. We are waiting for his next move. But, If Ozil persists in playing dumb ... go riddance to him.
I agree 100% with all the decisions made by the coach so far.
Bepanda
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

You said you wouldn’t watch Arsenal unless your god was playing? Well he didn’t, so mechionu :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

The man dey smoke something wey we nor wan try. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If not be Ozil, na Xhaka. Ramsey don issue am humble pie with the sort of big money move he famously claimed no club will ever give him.

Football is a team sport, never about individuals. Arsenal have beaten far better Chelsea teams than yesterday with Ozil in the team. Arsenal have gone on a poor run of form without Ozil in the team. But you read Aniks for the game thread, you go think say na Ozil make us win. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To Aniks, Ozil is responsible for all Arsenal's ills.

The rest of our season now hinges on injuries. If we lose another 2 key players, our season is over. With Bellerin out, it hangs on a thread but we will cope with Niles so long as the Coach makes the necessary tweaks to ensure his talent are maximised for the team.

Of course if things go good or bad, it will be Ozil is not needed, if it goes bad, it will because Ozil is not playing. The bottom line is Ozil is just one player in the grand scheme of things. The club must address its issues with regards to the squad if we ever want to compete at the very top again. Right now, we are not so we should not expect miracles.

But na lie, all na Ozil fault.

Yawnnnnnn .... as usual a slow learner spouting out the same old tired Fables ... Abeg go siddon :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Ozil will get on the pitch, whenever he has shown willingness to actually get coached. Meaning, follow the instructions of the coach, like every player is doing.
Nobody is demonized or treated like outcasts. Honesty is also part of the values of the club. Do you abide by them? I doubt it.
Just look at the evolution of Aaron Ramsey. He was asked by Emery to do a job. He was reluctant at first. Now, he understand his role and plays it well, which has resulted in many starts and success of the team.
This is the path that we would all like to see Ozil follow. The ball is in Ozil's corner, if he wants to remain part of this team. We are waiting for his next move. But, If Ozil persists in playing dumb ... go riddance to him.
I agree 100% with all the decisions made by the coach so far.
Bepanda

Dude Ozil is a coddled petulant twat who has never been challenged in his life .... go read recent comments by Mourinho about him .... as he was the only one who actually tried.

He is a high maintanence and overrated twat. Totally overhyped and overpaid for his output. A real Coach should never waste my time with such a life sucking selfish individual who demoralizes and hurts the team with his presence and the double standards applied to him.

My respect for Unai just went up by miles for his belief in himself and his disdain for that loser . Folks we have a COACH :thumb: :thumb:

I said it from the day he was signed to the moment he was extended that this guy would rip the team apart and give you shyt in return.

Again there is a reason why NO TOP TEAM anywhere wanted any part of him basically FOR FREE :idea:

Those who have ears and eyes listened but the ever diminishing band of cultists remain stubborn in their delusions, while WaYo Waffi sits on the fence and flip flops from side to side :D

It will end in tears :roll:

MLK.