The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by bepanda »

Not only do we have a squad full of Europa League players on CL wages, but we have also been hit with long term injuries in key positions.
Combined with very underperforming divas. The mess we have with management and personal leaving the ship ... and an owner, whose team is now in the Super Bowl
This continues to be a challenging year, to say the least.
What Emery has achieved so far (keep us in top 4 contention) is really solid.
I still believe we are an outsider for this top 4, but ... we do have a shot.
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Feel bad for Emery, 1st season as Arsenal manager and loses 3 crucial players to season ending injuries i.e Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding. Also Monreal has been MIA most of season and Kos trying to manage Achilles tendon, 0 luck for Emery in debut season.
Top 4 was always an uphill battle but without Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding it feels like a lost cause.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

SylverEagles wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Feel bad for Emery, 1st season as Arsenal manager and loses 3 crucial players to season ending injuries i.e Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding. Also Monreal has been MIA most of season and Kos trying to manage Achilles tendon, 0 luck for Emery in debut season.

Top 4 was always an uphill battle but without Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding it feels like a lost cause.
Really TG? Welbeck? Any coach depending on Welbeck for anything deserves all that is coming to them. When was the last time he did NOT have a "season-ending" injury? How can you depend on that? :???: :???: :? :?
Welbeck had unique, yet crucial role only he could fill in this squad. His pace, physicality, aerial ability, hold up play..would have made life so much easier for likes of Laca, PEA, Iwobi, Ramsey etc etc.

A fit Welbeck would have been worth 6-10 more points in the table for the Arsenal.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

So Waffi was right afterfall....
Detective Bunk Moreland

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffi right ke ? no let Aniks hear that o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:So Waffi was right afterfall....
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Does this mean we ge Suarez ?

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... njury.html

Ruptured ACL for HB.

Get well soon kiddo
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cagigao and Monchi.....

Detective Bunk Moreland

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Don't feel sorry for Emery, he knew what he was signing up for. Also, we need to stop over-rating our players, most of these guys are not good enough to start on City, Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, Utd, and other top European clubs. What's frustrating is despite limited quality and depth our hands are tied to sign new players. With our lack of depth I expect us to finish 5th or 6th. Gotta give Emery at least 3 years to turn things around.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote: Cagigao and Monchi.....

Monchi would be a major game changer ... I’d be overjoyed :thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Just curious, who’s he spotted aside from Francesc and HB?

Sorry but Sven has made his mark in such a short time :curse: :curse: you don’t lose talent like that :curse:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We saw what the team looked like, when Bellerin was out for 4 weeks. We stopped creating chances from the right side. we leaked goals to Liverpool from Backup Lichtsteiner and AMN showed, he can't be trusted to replace Bellerin.
Jenkinson ... nobody even wants him on loan.
Emery needs to perform some magic to fix that right side.
Maybe we can convert to Ozil to right back? Just a thought.
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... njury.html
Ruptured ACL for HB.
Get well soon kiddo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:We saw what the team looked like, when Bellerin was out for 4 weeks. We stopped creating chances from the right side. we leaked goals to Liverpool from Backup Lichtsteiner and AMN showed, he can't be trusted to replace Bellerin.
Bepanda
Ruptured ACL for HB.
Get well soon kiddo

I would play Jenko over Lichtsteiner. He hasn’t looked bad even when played as a CD under Unai

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

bepanda wrote:We saw what the team looked like, when Bellerin was out for 4 weeks. We stopped creating chances from the right side. we leaked goals to Liverpool from Backup Lichtsteiner and AMN showed, he can't be trusted to replace Bellerin.
Bepanda
Ruptured ACL for HB.
Get well soon kiddo

on this i no gree with you - Jenko is way way better than Stephan and AMN in the position. He needs games and he will come good.

I hope Emery will not smoke something and give us back Stephan.

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Sorry but Sven has made his mark in such a short time :curse: :curse: you don’t lose talent like that :curse:

why is Sven leaving?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Wrong. Like you I am disappointed we are losing a man like Sven Mislintat, like you, I am concerned we are losing such a talented scout. But take it easy, you are just over the top with this.

But na real wa for you. Suddenly Sven is this almighty saviour. Stop this over the top Mislintat moaning. But you have your mind set on it so it must be true. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me point out a clear fact to you, Sven worked out of Dortmund almost 2 years ago, since then, Dortmund have brought in a lot of players, look at Dortmund now. You see they are thriving and doing fantastic since Sven left. So get some perspective. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I noticed you are already trying to put down Cagigao's work at Arsenal. Did you know who he was until I mentioned his name on this forum? You never said a thing about the man. But suddenly, you are making judgements on the basis of the little you read about him since he has been linked to the DoF post, which Sven was bypassed for. I know this as a fact, you do not go from being a scout to be considered for the DoF post if you are not very talented and do not have something about you.

Oh! Do you know how many clubs including Barca and Real Madrid have tried to take Cagigao of us? In 2016, I heard rumours around the youth team that Real Madrid pushed real hard to get him. They even offered Arsenal money for his services, but got nowhere. For me, Arsenal must look to one of their own if he is capable of doing the job. A loyal person that us fantastic at his job is rate in scouting. A few days ago, I talked sbout Cagigao here asking why they do not give him the job? I said so because of what I know about him and how a person like Comolli who was trusted screwed us all those years ago.

I know a lot about our scouting operations, so I can speak authoritatively in this subject. Sven was one of a team of scouts at Arsenal. To give him credit for all the recent signings is just ridiculous. There are a lot of talented people in there and we need them cos we have no money, according to the owner.

Many players like Mavprovanos and yes, Guendouzi had already been on the club's radar, along with many other clubs. E.g. Spuds wanted Guendouzi, but we got in there first and this was before Sven joined the club. Arsenal's scouts were just one of many who were aware of the kid. Some of the players signed were already on Arsenal's radar long before Sven joined the club. Stop trying to give credit to one person for the hard work of the scouting team.

Also, since Arsenal ditched StatDNA as its go to scouting system, reverting to a system of analytics, independent eye assessment and contacts there have been hits and misses. Don't forget we signed Lichsteiner, a player that does not fit into out defensive schemes. I do not see you blaming Sven for that, and rightly so.

Sven is just one of many scouts working in different capacities at Arsenal. The club have decided to ignore him and go for someone else as DOF or Sporting Director. They have their reasons. Sven's people are claiming he is leaving because he has been frustrated by a lack of funds to buy players. Whatever the reasons are, only time will tell if it was the right decision. But I know this, Sven was a key part of the scouting team at Arsenal, he alone did not identify and sign players.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

why is Sven leaving?
Lots of talk. His people claim he was frustrated by a lack of funds. But it is known he has been bypassed for the DoF role he converted.

But for me, from all the info I have on this, and I maybe wrong. But I can conclude Wenger and Gazidis leaving meant the bridge between Sven and the scouting team was gone, he did not fit in. It is said Sven and Wenger got on perfectly, it was said Wenger had a partner like Dein when their workning relationship is described. I will not be surprised if those two end up working together again to the detriment of Arsenal.

Sven who it is claimed is essentially a one man band working to his own idea and schemes, including using his own analytics and not sharing with the team, is said to have ignored the Arsenal's analytics system, that Wenger supported him was a source of frustration and tension to the scouting team at the club. But Gazidis and Wenger are enablers, they know how to make things work. Their departure has a lot to do with this. Sven, like all top scouts has scouts and contacts. Using analytics has grown and today's analytics software are very good but you still need your eye and contacts.

Finally, there is also, the possibility that Sven was ditched because we want to save money by reverting to being more dependent on StatDNA. Rumours of Arsenal laying off some recently employed scouts both in the youth and senior sectors. Maybe some of these scouts are Sven's scouts. Who knows?

My bro, we can only at best make educated guesses based on info you have access to, or speculate, none of us really know what's going on.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

When all is said & done - we're still losing a lot of doe & it looks like Ramón Rodríguez Verdejo will be the next T.D. His links have mainly been South American & Iberian - hope Frannie_C contacts extends beyond that same zone - his finds were mainly in Spain.
AW & his assistants paid off, Sven(probably has staff) paid off - it adds up.
----------------------------------------------------------

@MrArsenicTM:
Independent: #AFC could allow Ramsey to join Juve in Jan for £10m if they can manage to sign Denis Suarez and James Rodriguez this window. Elneny could leave the club with Leicester and Southampton interested.
------------------------------
If above is true - Ramsey(OK) but Elneny with a work ethic compared to 2 guys who need to adapt - OK, Suarez was @ManC for a min.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wrong. Like you I am disappointed we are losing a man like Sven Mislintat, like you, I am concerned we are losing such a talented scout. But take it easy, you are just over the top with this.
Mai fren are you ok or just want to argue? :rotf: :rotf: how does this make any sense :rotf:

But na real wa for you. Suddenly Sven is this almighty saviour. Stop this over the top Mislintat moaning. But you have your mind set on it so it must be true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feel free to post ya record next to mine and we can tally who has been wrong or right on this site :taunt: :taunt: Kroenke still dey wait em £30mill for Alexis :rotf: :rotf: :atc:

Let me point out a clear fact to you, Sven worked out of Dortmund almost 2 years ago, since then, Dortmund have brought in a lot of players, look at Dortmund now. You see they are thriving and doing fantastic since Sven left. So get some perspective. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

So they are thriving eh? Ok fine pray tell me the diamonds they have unearthed since he left? Sven’s record is unmatched Biko. Abeg go Sidon and prepare another fable of how Ramshyt Kung fu kicked Alexis :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I noticed you are already trying to put down Cagigao's work at Arsenal. Did you know who he was until I mentioned his name on this forum? You never said a thing about the man. But suddenly, you are making judgements on the basis of the little you read about him since he has been linked to the DoF post, which Sven was bypassed for. I know this as a fact, you do not go from being a scout to be considered for the DoF post if you are not very talented and do not have something about you.
Again you have no point but want to argue :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Na you wan try defend the two worst scouts in Grimaldi and Rowley but ended up indicting them for poor performance and now you are howling at the moon again :rotf: :rotf: My fren you no get point Abeg go Sidon. Fake Sapele ITK MAN :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Oh! Do you know how many clubs including Barca and Real Madrid have tried to take Cagigao of us? In 2016, I heard rumours around the youth team that Real Madrid pushed real hard to get him. They even offered Arsenal money for his services, but got nowhere. For me, Arsenal must look to one of their own if he is capable of doing the job.
Jesu Jesu Jesu this is so typical Waffi. :lol: :lol: :lol: when he has no point he starts lying and spinning. This is total BS LMAO. ACTUALLY ITS A BLOODY LIE :laugh: :laugh:
A loyal person that us fantastic at his job is rate in scouting. A few days ago, I talked sbout Cagigao here asking why they do not give him the job? I said so because of what I know about him and how a person like Comolli who was trusted screwed us all those years ago.

I know a lot about our scouting operations, so I can speak authoritatively in this subject. Sven was one of a team of scouts at Arsenal. To give him credit for all the recent signings is just ridiculous. There are a lot of talented people in there and we need them cos we have no money, according to the own
er.

Waffi did you just say you know a lot about scouting and can speak with authority on it?

Ahahahahahahahahahhaa Make I no die with laughter ohhhh :rotf: :rotf:

Many players like Mavprovanos and yes, Guendouzi had already been on the club's radar, along with many other clubs. E.g. Spuds wanted Guendouzi, but we got in there first and this was before Sven joined the club. Arsenal's scouts were just one of many who were aware of the kid. Some of the players signed were already on Arsenal's radar long before Sven joined the club. Stop trying to give credit to one person for the hard work of the scouting team.

Again this is a bloody bold FACED LIE :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So all this time Sissy Yemisi was right about you eh :rotf: :rotf: We still dey wait the great youth team right backs you promised :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oh yeah the same ones that you promised and the club couldn’t wait to send packing :mrgreen: Yep Waffi the great Scout :rotf:

Also, since Arsenal ditched StatDNA as its go to scouting system, reverting to a system of analytics, independent eye assessment and contacts there have been hits and misses. Don't forget we signed Lichsteiner, a player that does not fit into out defensive schemes. I do not see you blaming Sven for that, and rightly so.

Eh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: so shame no dey catch you :rotf: :rotf: This is the same man who argued with me for years and championed this fake crap even though I repeatedly mocked and taunted him that statistic based scouting was a means to provide those that know nothing about the game a job :mrgreen:

This Waffi is unreal smh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sven is just one of many scouts working in different capacities at Arsenal. The club have decided to ignore him and go for someone else as DOF or Sporting Director. They have their reasons. Sven's people are claiming he is leaving because he has been frustrated by a lack of funds to buy players. Whatever the reasons are, only time will tell if it was the right decision. But I know this, Sven was a key part of the scouting team at Arsenal, he alone did not identify and sign players.
Waffi go and drink some Cheap Shiraz. You have no points. It’s so typical with you: Bluster, fables, conjecture and then OUTRIGHT LIES ..... you be my main guy but Abeg go Sidon.

Arsenal have lost their diamond eye, God help us going back to the days of wasting money on gems like Xhacrap, Les Postman, Mustafi, Senderos, Bendtner, Squillachi and Yao Kouasi aka Gervinho :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:.

It’s funny how you want to discredit the work of Sven at Dortmund when you look at just these three:

Abou

Pulisic

Dembele

He has earned Dortmund over 200 million plus with an investment of less than 25 million.

Just digest that and stop telling fables and casting aspersions on the man.

Wayo Man fable teller :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Using analytics has grown and today's analytics software are very good but you still need your eye and contacts.
And there it is folks :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the slow learner finally gets it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi find ya level for football. Don’t you dare argue with me again :rotf: :rotf:

Oloshi :taunt:

Olodo :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is your come back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obvious, you nor sabi wetin you dey too about, so you shift the emphasis. :taunt: :taunt:

Read this link. Note the date. It is December 2017, Tottenham are being linked with Guendouzi by the excellent Jorge Bird. Spuds and Man City were on his case and the kid already the previous season made it clear he wanted to leave, refusing to sign the contract offered by the club. Why? He had offers from clubs in England. It is all over Google, just search. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:

Five facts about Tottenham target Matteo Guendouzi

So much for BS about Mislintat signing him. Everyone knew about the player and wanted him. It was no secret. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

At least thanks to me, you now know who Cagigao is. Do want to know more Arsenal scouts? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo wrote:
Using analytics has grown and today's analytics software are very good but you still need your eye and contacts.
And there it is folks :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the slow learner finally gets it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi find ya level for football. Don’t you dare argue with me again :rotf: :rotf:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:This is your come back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obvious, you nor sabi wetin you dey too about, so you shift the emphasis. :taunt: :taunt:

Read this link. Note the date. It is December 2017, Tottenham are being linked with Guendouzi by the excellent Jorge Bird. Spuds and Man City were on his case and the kid already the previous season made it clear he wanted to leave, refusing to sign the contract offered by the club. Why? He had offers from clubs in England. It is all over Google, just search. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:

So much for BS about Mislintat signing him. Everyone knew about the player and wanted him. It was no secret. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

At least thanks to me, you now know who Cagigao is. Do want to know more Arsenal scouts? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

anikulapo wrote:

WaYo Man .... Let me remind you of this fact :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:This is your come back. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anikulapo wrote:

WaYo Man .... Let me remind you of this fact :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I dey rush go quick meeting I forget the link.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/13/f ... guendouzi/

So much Mislintat discovering Guendouzi. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

In the last 5 seasons Arsenal have won silverware. They gave done this on the back of spending the least money of the top 6 in the same period. In the whole of Europe, only Sevilla has come close to matching us for trophies won to money spent on the squad.

Alsi, for every scout as well as every club, there are always more misses than hits, but you never get to hear about the misses. Arsenal have had misses, over Wenger tenure, we succeeded as a top club with a lot of help from our scouting.

In view of this, Arsenal's scouting has been an unqualified success, and this is not about any individual. We won before Mislintat, we will be winning after him.

Stop your OTT business. Besides, if you want know about Arsenal scouting. Just beg me, I go reach you small. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: