The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:HMMMM..WELL....WELL....WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETHER :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ARSENE KNOWS :taunt: :taunt: :D
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Guendozi on Emery:

I owe him a lot because he has trusted me from the beginning.“He has a lot of faith in me and it is boosting my confidence. To give so much playing time to a 19-year-old at Arsenal is rare.“I always want to repay his faith by doing well on the pitch. I have much more to learn with him. We talk a lot, he gives me a lot of advice on my positioning, playing forward.“I can feel how much better I am now compared to the start of the season. I know all the teams we face better. I know myself better and my game is stronger.”
For all the Haters :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kaiiii ARSENE KNOWS :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

OZIL IS FINISHED :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:HMMMM..WELL....WELL....WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBOSA :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Monsieur Wenger tell us how ya really feel homie :rotf: :rotf:

ETHER :mrgreen:

Wenger just did this to Ozil......

This is a classic. It is not the Onion because you guys are easily sold.

If you have listened to the interviews Wenger gas given about Ozil in the past week, and he has given 3, you will notice how he has tried to strike that balance of not criticising Ozil or the club.

Indeed he has been very supportive of Ozil, I remember when he talked about Ozil being the type of character who needs support when talking about his situation in the German national team.

Is it not common sense, which they say is not common, to stop and ask yourself a question. Knowing what you know of the man's character, is he the type to make any type of controversial comment especially in the light of how delicate things are between club and player.

In the context of the interviews, is the response above in context or out of context? Is Wenger the sort to get carried away and make those sorts of comments knowing how excellent he is with the media.

Any any level of common sense, when you read something like the above, you stop and say to yoursel, hold on! Something is not right here. You owe yourself an obligation to look it up, and be sure before you make any conclusions. If you don't, then something is seriously wrong. Of course something is seriously wrong.

Wenger has been willfully misquoted, inasmuch as he was talking about 2 seperate things and they have cobbled them together to make it look like criticism of Ozil.

I ask everyone here to go watch the whole interview then come and respond to what I have written. I beg you all to do what I ask, if you want the truth.

As for Aniks and TG, hete us a friendly advice. Next time before you cream in your pants. Make an effort to see the interview yourself instead of relying on clickbait media. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:clap: :thumbs:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:[/video]
Thanks for keeping it 100!!!!!
The great communicator has made clowns of a few including Sky Sports Football.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

That's the future of Arsenal. I would extend his contract today ... and give him the keys to the team.
Leadership ...
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:Guendozi on Emery:
I owe him a lot because he has trusted me from the beginning.“He has a lot of faith in me and it is boosting my confidence. To give so much playing time to a 19-year-old at Arsenal is rare.“I always want to repay his faith by doing well on the pitch. I have much more to learn with him. We talk a lot, he gives me a lot of advice on my positioning, playing forward.“I can feel how much better I am now compared to the start of the season. I know all the teams we face better. I know myself better and my game is stronger.”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:That's the future of Arsenal. I would extend his contract today ... and give him the keys to the team.
Leadership ...
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:Guendozi on Emery:

And LT as well. Those two (thank You Sven :thumb: :thumb: ) are the midfield fulcrum that the team will be built on .... along with the likes of Reiss Nelson and ESR, provided they continue to develop

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Nkume wrote:[/video]
My god AW..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Memo Ozil fanboys....

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

This video just savage.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Detective Bunk Moreland

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:This video just savage.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said: ARSENE KNOWS :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Unai Emery just did backflips and yelled to Sanllehi in Spanish : “Told you about that German Con Artist”

:mrgreen:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

People are just twisting the Profs words to the nth degree. Continue ...
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Great thread on Emery....
Detective Bunk Moreland

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Serge Gnabry ... a former Gunner ... Could use him on the wing.
Can Iwobi progress to be the next Gnabry?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Serge Gnabry ... a former Gunner ... Could use him on the wing.
Can Iwobi progress to be the next Gnabry?

Iwobi is not a winger ...

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Coach wrote:^One could replace player with any other job title.

Most of the time now we think, when we have a manager who wins the league unbeaten, we will continue to challenge for league titles for years to come. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they remain at their managerial best. Because they might be in their comfort zone". 4th x10 to the power of... disgraced in the knockout stage of the Champions League x10 to the power of...

Ozil has indeed disappointed at times, but this is hardly a faultless Floyd Mayweather talking. Pinch of salt. Salt baed for good measure.

Hmmm reading that article sheds some light for re-signing Ozil at the wage...its very subtle but its all there... A replacement for him at that time would have cost the club 100M in transfer fees ....*** which if we read in between the lines Arsenal likely look for a replacement ...

Second point ...resigning him was free... ( aka no transfer fees ) .......

So getting a replacement would have been 100M + 68M in wages = 168 M

Resigning Ozil was ( 0 + 68M ) = 68M

:curse: :curse: :curse: Still though .. I no gree I do think we could have gotten someone for less and for less wages ... Oh well ..water under the bridge...

This football business hard o .
So why not pay him a higher sign up fee upfront and lower weekly wages
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

[/video]

Haters eat your heart out. He is the Boss and he is here to stay :tic: :tic:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Follow beloved fans lets pray for a better results come weekend. Wenger is not saying anything new.Media will try to distract our club.Lets hope we can win and move to top 4th while Liverpool beat Manu come Sunday.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

amafolas wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Coach wrote:^One could replace player with any other job title.

Most of the time now we think, when we have a manager who wins the league unbeaten, we will continue to challenge for league titles for years to come. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they remain at their managerial best. Because they might be in their comfort zone". 4th x10 to the power of... disgraced in the knockout stage of the Champions League x10 to the power of...

Ozil has indeed disappointed at times, but this is hardly a faultless Floyd Mayweather talking. Pinch of salt. Salt baed for good measure.

Hmmm reading that article sheds some light for re-signing Ozil at the wage...its very subtle but its all there... A replacement for him at that time would have cost the club 100M in transfer fees ....*** which if we read in between the lines Arsenal likely look for a replacement ...

Second point ...resigning him was free... ( aka no transfer fees ) .......

So getting a replacement would have been 100M + 68M in wages = 168 M

Resigning Ozil was ( 0 + 68M ) = 68M

:curse: :curse: :curse: Still though .. I no gree I do think we could have gotten someone for less and for less wages ... Oh well ..water under the bridge...

This football business hard o .
So why not pay him a higher sign up fee upfront and lower weekly wages
Thats water under the bridge - It does make more sense now , the way forward is what ?

I for one think Unai should find a way to play him so he can be sold . I do think we can play him instead of Xhaka at the base of a pyramid with LT and Gundo doing the dirty work for him, I would him rather than Xhaka.

Play Iwobi or Mikhi at the top instead of sticking iwob at the wing and paly the 17 year old kid Saka more on the wings , the kid will step up.

At the end of the season someone will come for Ozil, we cut our losses and sell.

If we dont play him no one buys him sadly.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I think Saka is our Welbeck replacement sent from the academy - I love the boys hassle but he needs games and exposure.

No be Canadian 17 year Bayern just splash money for ?

Abeg our our 17 year is as good ..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:[/video]

Haters eat your heart out. He is the Boss and he is here to stay :tic: :tic:
Amen! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Great thread on Emery....
Nothing great about a thread of mainly bickering Arsenal fans, who displayed their ignorance on what Emery's biographer was trying to say.

I read that book over the last Christmas holidays and if I were contributing to that thread. I will be asking specific questions pertaining to Emery's rigid last and last but one zones defending, especially with regards to the EPL and how most goals from open play now come from quick transitions.

I did not see any knowledge in that thread and frankly I learnt nothing. I will be engaging Molina personally with questions from the book, now I know he is on Twitter.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Iwobi is not a winger ...
Neither is Gnabry.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.