The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Very well played by the team. Special mention to Xhaka with some crisp passes, and very good set pieces, out of which we got 2 goals. Iwobi and the rest played very well.

Clean sheet too! Nice one.
I concur. :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

How Arsenal lost out to City for 14 year old Sancho.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/bus ... ssion=true

I have been complaining about this here for years. Well, we never stood a chance, according to football leaks.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:How Arsenal lost out to City for 14 year old Sancho.

I have been complaining about this here for years. Well, we never stood a chance, according to football leaks.

To be honest....I am not really bothered by losing the likes of Sancho(as talented as he is) but my main concern is the talent arsenal has at their development side and somehow most of them are never making it to the first team besides one or two. Most of them ended up getting lost in lower league clubs only to disappear for good. Its not that those kids were not talented but something happened between the first team and the development side which resulted in them not making it. That leak should be patched because under the stewardship of that leach(Kroenke) bringing in talent from the development side is the only way for arsenal to compete. The likes of Reine Jeff Adelaide should be part of the first team not trying to replenish whatever is left of his career at Angers. Arsenal ended up losing one of the most talented kids in Donyell Malen to PSV where he is now one of their key players. The same thing is happening with Ismael Bennacer at Empoli. The least we could have done with the last two was at least have some of clause in order for us to buy them back if they continue progressing the way they are doing.
The other issue at Arsenal is the way the fans are treating players. That environment is toxic for young player's development. One example of which is the way they are currently treating Iwobi. That is something Arsenal fans should learn from spurs fans when it comes to treatment of players from their development.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Anelka, Cole, Cesc....Sancho would’ve been sold the moment the big boys wanted to buy. Next.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:How Arsenal lost out to City for 14 year old Sancho.

To be honest....I am not really bothered by losing the likes of Sancho(as talented as he is) but my main concern is the talent arsenal has at their development side and somehow most of them are never making it to the first team besides one or two. Most of them ended up getting lost in lower league clubs only to disappear for good. Its not that those kids were not talented but something happened between the first team and the development side which resulted in them not making it. That leak should be patched because under the stewardship of that leach(Kroenke) bringing in talent from the development side is the only way for arsenal to compete. The likes of Reine Jeff Adelaide should be part of the first team not trying to replenish whatever is left of his career at Angers. Arsenal ended up losing one of the most talented kids in Donyell Malen to PSV where he is now one of their key players. The same thing is happening with Ismael Bennacer at Empoli. The least we could have done with the last two was at least have some of clause in order for us to buy them back if they continue progressing the way they are doing.
The other issue at Arsenal is the way the fans are treating players. That environment is toxic for young player's development. One example of which is the way they are currently treating Iwobi. That is something Arsenal fans should learn from spurs fans when it comes to treatment of players from their development.
Most youths players never make it to the first team of their clubs besides one or two. Youth development, especially for the top clubs is more about training youth for a career in football.

Arsenal have more than one player in the first team squad from the Academy. Niles, Bellerin and Iwobi. With Niles and Iwobi at the club since they were 9 and 7 years old respectively.

Does not only apply to Arsenal. Look at City and Chelsea. They take the best youth and never give them a chance. The 'win now' nature of the EPL makes it really difficult for the youngsters. More kids will be leaving the EPL to get game time in other euro leagues.

Having said that, I have posted the stats confirming that in the last few seasons, we have given Academy players the most minutes in the first team.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal have more than one player in the first team squad from the Academy. Niles, Bellerin and Iwobi. With Niles and Iwobi at the club since they were 9 and 7 years old respectively.
So Bellerin nah Arsenal academy product now?

This guy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Make the same claim for Cesc, Nasri and Ramshyt and RVP while you are at it nah :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Iwobi and Ozil balling. Mkhi and Xhaka....not so much
As you maybe aware, I study stats after every game. Contrary to a lot of rubbish I have read have here, Iwobi has been a bright spark most of this season. It is remarkable given the burden he has carried for one so young in a team finding its way under a new Manager.

Yesterday, he was very good because of Ozil also. Iwobi needs Ozil in the same way Nasri needed Cesc. It is hard for a wide playmaker to be the main creative outlet but if they have someone to take some of, or most of the defensive attention, you really see them thrive.

But it is not just Ozil, add Xhaka to those two and you will see the most passing combination whenever they are on the pitch. They are also the most successful in the build up leading to the most chances created and goals from open play. This is especially so at the Emirates. We created the most chances in a game than we have for the last 15 games. Why? We had all 3 on the pitch, despite the fact that it took them time to get going. To me, it is no surprise and it was what I expected before the game.

When Iwobi broke into the team in 15/16, Wenger made him the 2nd playmaker and I observed this relationship especially when Iwobi plays on the left side. Notice how they sometimes changed roles in that left attacking zone when Arsenal have posession. Watch how the combo work on a wavelength that often creates the spaces for Iwobi to cut inside. Ozil is at his best in these tight spaces, I love when he sells the dummy run, in the middle or flank of the pitch and Iwobi never runs into the same space, cos he knows Ozil's run and he make that run to compliment Ozil's. They are a far more successful creative outlet than Iwobi with the FB and any other player on that flank.

There should more than one player the opposition fear in defence, midfield and attack that will divide the attention of the opposition the way they divide attention. Consequently they open up spaces and more chances are created.

Another key to this is Monreal, who has a far better understanding and combo with Iwobi and Ozil. To be fair, Kolasinac is now very much a part of this attacking scheme.

Also, another plus in having these 3 players is Arsenal can now recycle the ball back to the middle and Xhaka will always find himself in space. This is why teams try to man mark Xhaka out of games. First they try to stop him from deep, then try to stop him being involved as the Arsenal attack progress. Notice how sometimes Xhaka is narrow and Ozil goes into the middle for that pass in the zone just outside the pen area for Ozil.

Let's hope we can keep these players healthy and the Coach plays them for the rest of the season.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

This guy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Make the same claim for Cesc, Nasri and Ramshyt and RVP while you are at it nah :rotf: :rotf:
It is better to be quiet and for people to think you are an olodo rabata, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See as you open your yansh. According to UEFA rules and EPL rules, Bellerin qualifies as an Academy player and I will not tell you why. Go and do your homework and learn a thing or two. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

It is better to be quiet and for people to think you are an olodo rabata, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See as you open your yansh. According to UEFA rules and EPL rules, Bellerin qualifies as an Academy player and I will not tell you why. Go and do your homework and learn a thing or two. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You actually want to talk to me about my own son?

This guy and deceit no get rival :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Again Lie again about Bellerin ....

LIAR :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Next thing you go revise ya claims about Statsdna :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh you actually tried and i caught you :taunt:

You should take your own advice and stop Lying so much :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sharrap! You wan yab me, you yab yourself instead. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I am a fair man. Despite the the konk way I give you, I go admit, I am like you, the rule that classify the likes of Bellerin as home grown is not my cup of tea but I understand why.

You notice my original post, I actually made the distinction of grouping Nile and Iwobi as as home grown cos they have been at the club since the ages of 7 and 9 respectively.

But you nor even read. You just shoot yourself for leg. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Its clear Ojoro man you no sabi read or comprehend :woot: :woot: :woot:

I highlighted where you listed the two younglings ages when they joined Arsenal, but somehow didnt list Bellerin's age when he came to Arsenal :D :D :D

I wonder WHY?

OLE WA YO man.

So Typical :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sharrap! You wan yab me, you yab yourself instead. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I am a fair man. Despite the the konk way I give you, I go admit, I am like you, the rule that classify the likes of Bellerin as home grown is not my cup of tea but I understand why.

You notice my original post, I actually made the distinction of grouping Nile and Iwobi as as home grown cos they have been at the club since the ages of 7 and 9 respectively.

But you nor even read. You just shoot yourself for leg. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

....so afc has only 45 million for next summers transfer window......hmmmmm
....Europa league budget.......anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head tested
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I have watched Nathan Ake since he was a youth player at Chelshyt and on loan, playing as a fullback for Watford. He has since blossomed as a central defender under Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

He is a surefire defender Arsenal should target. And what more do I need to say about Adama Traore. Been talking about him since he was a youth player at Barca.

Come on Monchi bring them to the Emirates

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:I have watched Nathan Ake since he was a youth player at Chelshyt and on loan, playing as a fullback for Watford. He has since blossomed as a central defender under Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

He is a surefire defender Arsenal should target. And what more do I need to say about Adama Traore. Been talking about him since he was a youth player at Barca.

Come on Monchi bring them to the Emirates

we don get Monkey? I no dey follow news o
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Adama Traore, good heavens, isn’t he the algebraic equation scrawled on the blackboard in The Good Will Hunting that no one could solve? How many assists, goals, completed passes? Terrifically talented, but arguably more Theo Walcott than Theo Walcott.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:Adama Traore, good heavens, isn’t he the algebraic equation scrawled on the blackboard in The Good Will Hunting that no one could solve? How many assists, goals, completed passes? Terrifically talented, but arguably more Theo Walcott than Theo Walcott.
I will take him over Welbeck
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:
Coach wrote:Adama Traore, good heavens, isn’t he the algebraic equation scrawled on the blackboard in The Good Will Hunting that no one could solve? How many assists, goals, completed passes? Terrifically talented, but arguably more Theo Walcott than Theo Walcott.
Okay :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

This was you initially:
kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote: COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Give us one of this guys Krasnodar,Rennis and Prague.
But we are Arsenal bring them on we are ready :clap: :clap:
This is you, fifteen hours later:
kajifu wrote:We are in trouble ooooh,playing first leg at home,.
God help us over come this french team
You got exactly what you asked for and now you're shaking.

My guy you're funny. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:This was you initially:
kajifu wrote:

I swear mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:This was you initially:
kajifu wrote:

But i did not get the first leg away which was while i was shaking but They have correct that,also i did not know they have good players ooooh.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Okay :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Take someone that can play on the win and will c9ntribute not someone that earn more and spend 3/4 of the season in the hospital
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how should we line up today??
We must pick 3 points today,hopefully Manu drop points so we move to 4th place.If we can beat this small teams no way we will not land top 4th.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Full line ups: Arsenal vs Southampton

Arsenal starting XI: Leno; Lichtsteiner, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac; Torreira, Xhaka; Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Iwobi; Lacazette

Subs: Cech, Koscielny, Monreal, Guendouzi, Suarez, Ozil, Aubameyang

Southampton starting XI: Gunn; Valery, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Stephens, Targett; Hojbjerg, Romeu, Ward-Prowse; Amstrong, Redmond

Subs: McCarthy, Bertrand, Yoshida, Slattery, Elyounoussi, Obafemi, Austin
Still remember a certain Waffiber claiming that I don’t know Arsenal’s youth set up, and the abundance of flying young fullbacks available and chomping at the bit to take over.

Yet we are starting Lichsteiner in an EPL game??

Ok :rotf:

MLK.