The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Nkume »

If the stupid misers don't invest in great players, nothing will ever change. A coach can only do so much.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:If the stupid misers don't invest in great players, nothing will ever change. A coach can only do so much.
The stupid misers gave money but was mismanage,is not because of lack of investment on great player that we get hammer back to back by mid table teams.A coach that pick wrong players has him self to blame.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Nkume wrote:If the stupid misers don't invest in great players, nothing will ever change. A coach can only do so much.
3rd or 4th biggest wage bills and they are misers?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:
The stupid misers gave money but was mismanage,is not because of lack of investment on great player that we get hammer back to back by mid table teams.A coach that pick wrong players has him self to blame.
Is it possible for a coach to pick the right players from the wrong players?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One word, Norwich. Fullbacks aplenty and a gangly coloured chap centre half or shy of mid, splendid. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The season is not over. But it is time for some much needed introspective.

Many here know my position on Arsenal. The position we are in is not about the Manager. No manager can make up for the relative lack of investment when compared to all but one of our rivals in the top 6. Wenger worked miracles for years, until it caught up with him. Emery will have to work miracles to match Wenger if we do not match the investments of the clubs above us. The position we are in is directly proportional to our investment.

Only Spurs are performing above investment and it has taken them over 20 years to be where they are right now. Like us, Spurs will drop out of the top 4 if they do not make the right level of investment.

This season I have enjoyed watching Emery solve issues, make changes, maximise the squad and make mistakes. It is football.

To me it is clear, we have a smart man not afraid to manage people. Reading his book, it is also clear he is a modern data driven coach with a lot to offer.

But I hope the fans give him time. The Palace game saw a return to a bit of that nasty toxic atmosphere that plagued Wenger last two seasons. Arsenal fans are a loaded, compressed, vacuum of frustration and anger. There is also division that runs deep. For it all to come out, all it takes is a few bad results. No team or Coach can prosper under such conditions if the much needed investment in the team does not materialise.

Make no mistake Emery will be judged on results eventually, but before that there is the transfer window. That will be the first place Emery and the club will be judged. They will be judged and determined on recruitment and sales.

Right now, Arsenal are a crossroads. There are issues like:

The new sole owner all the fans do not trust and is not trying to gain trust. I am trying to be fair with my analysis of the owner, if I am being more realistic, in the eyes of most fans I know. The vast majority despise him already with a passion. When Arsenal fans use the Fenway guys at Liverpool as reference point, you can see why.

Liverpool and City are miles away in the distance and there is no sign of progress.

Then you have teams like Everton, Wolves and Leicester snapping at top 6 heels.

Many Gooners I know are left shaking their collective heads asking. What are we? Are we looking ahead or behind? The brutal, honest and bitter truth is, we are looking behind.

This season we have been more unified in the stadium than the last two seasons but it feels edgy. We are already on the verge of going back to toxicity. This will depend on results for the rest of the season. God help us all if things go bottoms up in the remaining games. The Emirates will burn.

The signs are ominous, we have become used to blaming individuals of choice and I just do not like it. Even Emery has already one of two nasty names thrown his way online. Thank God we have none of that in the stadium so far. But it is sad to read such nastiness, all he is doing is his best given the resources at his disposal.

Arsenal fans on Twitter have been at each others throats already, arguing and blocking each other. Here, the troll have prevented us arguing with each other. But such divisions are not what fandom should be about. But I can understand Arsenal fans being fed up with fellow Arsenal fans. I have had my full with some myself. Besides, we really should now start focusing on our real problem - the Owner.

There are big games ahead and our team, no matter what we think of them, need us. Right now, we are walking wounded, too many key players playing hurt. Replacements are either too old, too young and lack personality at key moments.

We started our rebuilding 2 windows before Wenger left, it must continue in the summer with us keeping the players that are vital to any chance of progress. Who knows, if we sign like we did last summer, whilst keeping our vest players, we will be a top 4 team next season and even win silverware with Emery.

The management will find out Bigley from the fans if Arsenal do not make top 4. The heat will make them act in the summer, I hope. It is all up in the air now. The last few games are crucial for us all at Arsenal. I am keeping the faith and supporting the Coach and his team. It is the only way I know.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Incorrect. Arsenal's wage bill is behind ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City.

Arsenal's wage bill for last season includes an exceptional item of £16.8 million, which was settlement for Wenger and all staff that left with him. When you deduct this one off item from total wages, you get Arsenal's true wage for last financial year.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:The season is not over. But it is time for some much needed introspective.

Many here know my position on Arsenal. The position we are in is not about the Manager. No manager can make up for the relative lack of investment when compared to all but one of our rivals in the top 6. Wenger worked miracles for years, until it caught up with him. Emery will have to work miracles to match Wenger if we do not match the investments of the clubs above us. The position we are in is directly proportional to our investment.

Only Spurs are performing above investment and it has taken them over 20 years to be where they are right now. Like us, Spurs will drop out of the top 4 if they do not make the right level of investment.

This season I have enjoyed watching Emery solve issues, make changes, maximise the squad and make mistakes. It is football.

To me it is clear, we have a smart man not afraid to manage people. Reading his book, it is also clear he is a modern data driven coach with a lot to offer.

But I hope the fans give him time. The Palace game saw a return to a bit of that nasty toxic atmosphere that plagued Wenger last two seasons. Arsenal fans are a loaded, compressed, vacuum of frustration and anger. There is also division that runs deep. For it all to come out, all it takes is a few bad results. No team or Coach can prosper under such conditions if the much needed investment in the team does not materialise.

Make no mistake Emery will be judged on results eventually, but before that there is the transfer window. That will be the first place Emery and the club will be judged. They will be judged and determined on recruitment and sales.

The new sole owner all the fans do not trust and is not trying to gain trust. I am trying to be fair with my analysis of the owner, if I am being more realistic, in the eyes of most fans I know. The vast majority despise him already with a passion. When Arsenal fans use the Fenway guys at Liverpool as reference point, you can see why.

Liverpool and City are miles away in the distance and there is no sign of progress.

Many Gooners I know are left shaking their collective heads asking. What are we? Are we looking ahead or behind? The brutal, honest and bitter truth is, we are looking behind.

This season we have been more unified in the stadium than the last two seasons but it feels edgy. We are already on the verge of going back to toxicity. This will depend on results for the rest of the season. God help us all if things go bottoms up in the remaining games. The Emirates will burn.

The signs are ominous, we have become used to blaming individuals of choice and I just do not like it. Even Emery has already one of two nasty names thrown his way online. Thank God we have none of that in the stadium so far. But it is sad to read such nastiness, all he is doing is his best given the resources at his disposal.

Arsenal fans on Twitter have been at each others throats already, arguing and blocking each other. Here, the troll have prevented us arguing with each other. But such divisions are not what fandom should be about. But I can understand Arsenal fans being fed up with fellow Arsenal fans. I have had my full with some myself. Besides, we really should now start focusing on our real problem - the Owner.

There are big games ahead and our team, no matter what we think of them, need us. Right now, we are walking wounded, too many key players playing hurt. Replacements are either too old, too young and lack personality at key moments.

We started our rebuilding 2 windows before Wenger left, it must continue in the summer with us keeping the players that are vital to any chance of progress. Who knows, if we sign like we did last summer, whilst keeping our vest players, we will be a top 4 team next season and even win silverware with Emery.

The management will find out Bigley from the fans if Arsenal do not make top 4. The heat will make them act in the summer, I hope. It is all up in the air now. The last few games are crucial for us all at Arsenal. I am keeping the faith and supporting the Coach and his team. It is the only way I know.

All this ya grammar and tori .... no be you talk say Mesut change our season around :lol: :lol: :lol: so wetin happen nah? Aside from two starts and two losses :woot: :rotf: :rotf: Fable Teller :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Is it possible for a coach to pick the right players from the wrong players?
Above all, it is unintelligent and lazy to make claims without backing up those claiming with sound reasoned analysis in context of the competition we face.

I am so tired of lazy, unintelligent and boring people. The same mofos who were mouthing off and gloating a few days ago about being right Wenger has gone because we were 3rd in the table and in the semi finals of the Europa league now suddenly are talking waste and mismanagement. Yep. Their mentality is as basic as it is stup1d. We lose games, it is mismanagement, we win games, it is not mismanagement. How do they work that out?

The same mismanagement won 3 FA Cups in five years with top 4 finishes in the league until 2 seasons ago. If that is mismanagement, I am sure you Spurs fans will take it.

Arsenal started a rebuilding process 3 windows ago, I have posted the list of players who have left here, the process is ongoing. When you do wholesale changes to your squad, you struggle especially when the process leaves gaping holes in the squad.

We did not start last season with Aubameyang, Sokratis, Torreira, Leno and Guendouzi. These players have been unqualified successes in their first season and have improved the team. Another 5 like those in the right positions in the summer, whilst keeping all our best players, we are suddenly a different preposition as a team. Yet you get stup1d, unintelligent people talking from the cracks of their backside.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:The season is not over. But it is time for some much needed introspective.

All this ya grammar and tori .... no be you talk say Mesut change our season around :lol: :lol: :lol: so wetin happen nah? Aside from two starts and two losses :woot: :rotf: :rotf: Fable Teller :mrgreen:
Thank God for Ozil. If not for am, na Wolves we go dey follow drag. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Arsenal's wage bill for last season includes an exceptional item of £16.8 million, which was settlement for Wenger and all staff that left with him. When you deduct this one off item from total wages, you get Arsenal's true wage for last financial year.
You catch my drift. Can you really call your club owners misers?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guys I think waffi isn't realistic at all. His expectations are not realistic at all..assnal fans , no matter how much money una go spend, the goal is to win the league, but guess what , that may never ever happen again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Thru AW's reign we were high players in the payroll league - we paid high wages & bought low - this is b4 Casino cash came into play - things got messed up starting with Ray Parlor's divorce situation messing up the tax arrangements for many players - in the UK & their class struggles, every Politico had a crusade.
The more pertinent issue in my opinion is squad depth - we once went to Inter when they'd an awesome young Obagoal & one of the best strikers in the World Christian Veiri without Veira yet needing to win since we'd lost in the 1st leg @home - we tore down San Siro
If you go back to the Cesc-Rosicky-Hleb-RVP etc era - we'll compete for honours till March & just wear out. We need some of what we used to have where reserves could come in & play 5 matches - now we struggle.
We can't compete in the transfer market - the whole build-up to the Financial Fair Play has been a joke - we bought into that
We need to payoff those not fit for purpose - it will be costly in the short run but better than having unproductive players see out contracts - gotta bite that bullet.
ONE
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Their is a reason why Messi, Ronaldo, and their teams have won almost everything under the sun for nearly 2 decades. There is a reason why Arsenal was a force with Henry. Yes, we used to buy young gold cheap, but then there came a time when we let almost every player that fits that category slip through our grasp.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

You catch my drift. Can you really call your club owners misers?
It is all relative. If you want to compete for the best players in today's league, then be ready to spend money. Arsenal have spent nothing relative to City, ManU, Liverpool, and Chelsea. Have Arsenal spent money? Yes, they have. No one is claiming they have not.

This Owner set out to do it on the cheap from the outset. The numbers are there, since he arrived, we have consistently invested the least in playing personnel and maintained our 4th position on wages in the league.

When Liverpool's new Owners arrived, they targeted us. They refused to sell us Suarez and soon started paying more wages than us when they were in the Europa League. Whilst they gave Liverpool soft loans for capital projects, ensuring all monies will go into playing personnel, our Owner used money raised by the club for capital projects instead of investment in the squad. This same club made a profits of £50m and £70m before tax in its last 2 seasons in the Europa League.

In fact, Arsenal's £70m profit before tax is actually the third highest ever registered in the Premier League, only surpassed by Liverpool 2016/17 £92m, boosted by their Champions League adventure, and Spurs 2013/14 £80m, including the major sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid. Arsenal put £50m of the profits into cash reserves, whilst they said there was no money in January window.

Arsenal made player purchases of £166m, which was more than the previous 2 seasons combined (2017 £114m, 2016 £35m). Included Aubameyang, Lacazette and Mkhitaryan. But it is still only around half of City £328m, and also less than Chelsea £290m, ManU £243m and Everton £215m.

Arsenal have the 2nd highest cash reserves in the league at £231m, yet we lead poverty saying we have mo money to pay or buy players.

As you know, Wenger is my man, his biggest mistake was to indulge in the moneyball, StatsDNA nonsense of the Owner. In the final analysis, even he could no longer deliver results amid the competition investing more, the league getting better, board room issues and factions.

Go back to Arsenal threads, I have detailed all of these issues here. Arsenal are where they are supposed to be relative to investment. That is why you never see me moan about any manager or coach.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Their is a reason why Messi, Ronaldo, and their teams have won almost everything under the sun for nearly 2 decades. There is a reason why Arsenal was a force with Henry. Yes, we used to buy young gold cheap, but then there came a time when we let almost every player that fits that category slip through our grasp.
We will not pay the money. That's why.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Thru AW's reign we were high players in the payroll league - we paid high wages & bought low - this is b4 Casino cash came into play - things got messed up starting with Ray Parlor's divorce situation messing up the tax arrangements for many players - in the UK & their class struggles, every Politico had a crusade.
The more pertinent issue in my opinion is squad depth - we once went to Inter when they'd an awesome young Obagoal & one of the best strikers in the World Christian Veiri without Veira yet needing to win since we'd lost in the 1st leg @home - we tore down San Siro
If you go back to the Cesc-Rosicky-Hleb-RVP etc era - we'll compete for honours till March & just wear out. We need some of what we used to have where reserves could come in & play 5 matches - now we struggle.
We can't compete in the transfer market - the whole build-up to the Financial Fair Play has been a joke - we bought into that
We need to payoff those not fit for purpose - it will be costly in the short run but better than having unproductive players see out contracts - gotta bite that bullet.
ONE
The last time we had a proper squad to compete for all trophies was the 'invicibles'. A lack of squad has been our issue for years.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:Their is a reason why Messi, Ronaldo, and their teams have won almost everything under the sun for nearly 2 decades. There is a reason why Arsenal was a force with Henry. Yes, we used to buy young gold cheap, but then there came a time when we let almost every player that fits that category slip through our grasp.
My point.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Liverpool is not fooling around. They take every game seriously and their high paid stars perform. Mane (2 goals) , Salah (2 goals) ... don't need excuses.
They don't make excuses.
They don't need fake stats to justify their position on the team ... and they don't even make $350k/year.

The case of Arsenal is so sad. Paid a dude $350k, and when the team plays bad, people ask "Why is he being singled out? It is not his game".
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
My point.
Then if you won't pay, then stop whining when Wolves etc booze you spammers...you get what you pay for
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal made player purchases of £166m, which was more than the previous 2 seasons combined (2017 £114m, 2016 £35m). Included Aubameyang, Lacazette and Mkhitaryan.
Ahem how much did they pay for Mikhi?

:rotf: :rotf: :atc: :rotf: :rotf:

So there was now a transfer fee? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I mean didn’t you say it was Sanchez plus £30mill for Mikhi?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dis guy nah wah sha :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D :D

As you know, Wenger is my man, his biggest mistake was to indulge in the moneyball, StatsDNA nonsense of the Owner. In the final analysis, even he could no longer deliver results amid the competition investing more, the league getting better, board room issues and factions.
So now statsdna no good abi???

Jesu, I can’t even keep up with Waffi’s double talking, fable telling and shifting shapes and positions like a chameleon on opioids :rotf: :rotf:

Urhobo WaYo Man :mrgreen: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

now u dey see am........ :thumb: :clap: :clap:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:Gooner nation is a despair. Guys, please keep the faith.
.......say arsenal get 4th and win europa.........nothing will change at the top, in fact it will be another merry go round of poor excuses, mismanagement & ineptness by the board

....for example, Edu will be the next director of football, pray tell, what has he done, how has he affected change in his previous roles? is he deserving of this role?........seems to me me that this move reeks of appeasement because Edu is an ex-player.....
.....we need quality defenders, needed that for several years......who is the first arsenal target for the next transfer target?........an italian striker masquerading as a brasilian......

these are some examples to show you why more and more afc fans are losing the faith

get rid of the owner........end of
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke