The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Cristao II »

How did your club do this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48362430

Let go by Arsenal, scouted by Giorgio Chiellini's brother - and now celebrating Juventus' Serie A title with a Cristiano Ronaldo selfie. A lot has changed in a year for Stephy Mavididi.

When Aaron Ramsey joins the Italian giants this summer, he will not be the only former Gunner in their ranks.

The Welshman will join 20-year-old striker Mavididi, who last month became the first Englishman since David Platt in 1992 to play for the Old Lady.

It's an incredible rise for the Derby-born player, who never made a senior Arsenal appearance and was playing on loan at League One Charlton last season.

Mavididi tells BBC Sport about his decision to play abroad, training with Juventus' star-studded squad, and also how he dealt with the death of his father just days after Juventus sealed a record eighth consecutive league title.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:How did your club do this?

Let go by Arsenal, scouted by Giorgio Chiellini's brother - and now celebrating Juventus' Serie A title with a Cristiano Ronaldo selfie. A lot has changed in a year for Stephy Mavididi.

When Aaron Ramsey joins the Italian giants this summer, he will not be the only former Gunner in their ranks.

The Welshman will join 20-year-old striker Mavididi, who last month became the first Englishman since David Platt in 1992 to play for the Old Lady.

It's an incredible rise for the Derby-born player, who never made a senior Arsenal appearance and was playing on loan at League One Charlton last season.

Mavididi tells BBC Sport about his decision to play abroad, training with Juventus' star-studded squad, and also how he dealt with the death of his father just days after Juventus sealed a record eighth consecutive league title.
Mavididi is one I watched grow but he had 2 years left of his contract when he was let go at a very young age. There was also talk about him asking to leave because Eddie Nketiah had moved ahead of him and he wanted out.

But I also have to say it is a though call, you just never know which player will make it. Look at Niles, no one ever saw him being the only one to make it from his set. Look at Willock, who saw him developing to the players he is becoming? Arsenal have a fantastic crop of youth players at present, we will make a mistake with one or two. Mavididi will not be the first or last.

You also have to give credit to these young players who are no longer scared to go try their luck elsewhere, leaving their comfort zone. Mavididi has not made it yet, so let us not get carried away, but as one who knows the kid, I have always wished him nothing but the best. I am happy for the guy. Hopefully, he returns to play for us one day.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:

Mavididi is one I watched grow but he had 2 years left of his contract when he was let go at a very young age. There was also talk about him asking to leave because Eddie Nketiah had moved ahead of him and he wanted out.

But I also have to say it is a though call, you just never know which player will make it. Look at Niles, no one ever saw him being the only one to make it from his set. Look at Willock, who saw him developing to the players he is becoming? Arsenal have a fantastic crop of youth players at present, we will make a mistake with one or two. Mavididi will not be the first or last.

You also have to give credit to these young players who are no longer scared to go try their luck elsewhere, leaving their comfort zone. Mavididi has not made it yet, so let us not get carried away, but as one who knows the kid, I have always wished him nothing but the best. I am happy for the guy. Hopefully, he returns to play for us one day.
One thing Steph has going for himself is his height and physicality. He developed faster, physically, than most of his peers. I also watched him a lot playing for the Arsenal youth teams. I wish him the best.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

One thing Steph has going for himself is his height and physicality. He developed faster, physically, than most of his peers. I also watched him a lot playing for the Arsenal youth teams. I wish him the best.
Spot on. Physically he was ahead of his peers.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

The bottomline is we are coming together to eliminate these trolls from our thread. Speaking out is a clear message of our disapproval. Also, I know this is hard, because one feels ge has to respond to their trolling, however, I wish we ignore them in general football discourse, when we do that we take away the oxygen of attention they crave and depend on.

Waffi, the ignore feature on the forum works pretty darn well I must say!
It does indeed maceo4

I have not seen a single post from the moronic duo of Kaycee2g and big pokey in ages and it makes for a far more pleasant experience.

I refuse to feed trolls, I refuse to engage with utter losers of life, I will not bother with disingenuous individuals whose only goal is to spread toxicity.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
The bottomline is we are coming together to eliminate these trolls from our thread. Speaking out is a clear message of our disapproval. Also, I know this is hard, because one feels ge has to respond to their trolling, however, I wish we ignore them in general football discourse, when we do that we take away the oxygen of attention they crave and depend on.

Waffi, the ignore feature on the forum works pretty darn well I must say!
It does indeed maceo4

I have not seen a single post from the moronic duo of Kaycee2g and big pokey in ages and it makes for a far more pleasant experience.

I refuse to feed trolls, I refuse to engage with utter losers of life, I will not bother with disingenuous individuals whose only goal is to spread toxicity.
:rotf: internet ooooo...A Tunisian who offers nothing to a Nigerian forum...kai... I really don enter many of una ..chei una go tell una great great great grand children about bigpokey. Very soon , nah national holiday una go give me
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Our main man OGa Wenger,
Wenger was speaking at the launch of a new partnership with a sports technology company, which he is joining as an investor and operating partner.

The firm said Wenger would be taking an "active role in business and product development" of a device housed in a football boot that analyses players' technical, tactical and physical performance.

It will not prevent the Frenchman from resuming his career in football. However 12 months out of work has given him a different outlook and may influence his next move.

"You will see me again in football. As a manager... I don't know," he said.

"In this year I did a lot of charity work, conferences - and I enjoyed it, I must say, to be a little bit less in highlights and less under stress.

"I'm less intense, but I have a better perspective of what's going on. I see the mistakes managers make and I don't pay the price for it.

"I came to the conclusion I want to share what I learned in my life, because I think life is only useful if, at some stage, you share what you know.

"In what way will it be? Will it be in just winning football games, or will it be in another way? That's what I have to decide and that decision will come very quickly.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry
SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry
He remain our legend and his heart is s till at emirate.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:
so what are your score prediction for wednesday's final? You do know Chelsea do not care about the outcome and are just in it for spoilers? :D
SuperEagles

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
so what are your score prediction for wednesday's final? You do know Chelsea do not care about the outcome and are just in it for spoilers? :D
By God grace beloved will carry the day.Stop lying Chelsea care,your coach has never won anything.This is his world cup,Hazard said he will win it to get a free pass to go to Madrid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
By God grace beloved will carry the day.Stop lying Chelsea care,your coach has never won anything.This is his world cup,Hazard said he will win it to get a free pass to go to Madrid.
so won't God's grace be with Chelsea as well?
SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
so won't God's grace be with Chelsea as well?
Roman is a mafia, steal money from Russia oil money.So God don't like dirty...
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

god does not care about futbol.
kajifu wrote: Roman is a mafia, steal money from Russia oil money.So God don't like dirty...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Who will City play in Community shield since they win everything in England?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:Who will City play in Community shield since they win everything in England?
Watford
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[/video]

:clap: :clap: :clap: Chuba is an invisible.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

[/video]

[/video]
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

From headlines to rejects - futbol!!!!!

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Still the Same chubaa Akpom to me. He is playing against weak opposition in Greece.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:[/video]

:clap: :clap: :clap: Chuba is an invisible.

I can swear he is not. I have seen him multiple times.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."