The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Will arsenal be forced to return some of the players they "bought" since the money from the Chinese company isn't coming in? You couldn't make this up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have a good laugh at the scam, but just know that Arsenal have spent money that they actually have so far. As a spurs fan, there are things that just pass over your head, and you will never understand.
I too love this post. This is such a beautiful response. I bow.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsene Wenger confesses his 'biggest mistake' was staying at Arsenal for 22 years as he opens up on his obsessive management style, philosophy and his love of Bob Marley and patisseries
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Hmmm if rumors are true and Klopp completes the signing of Allisonalong with Fekir then ......
You like a kid in a candy store. Man why do you panic? Stay calm. You bang on about Liverpool, let's have a good look at Liverpool.

Liverpool spent, Van Dijk 75m; Keita 48m; Oxlade 40m; Fabinho 39m; Salah 37m; Shaqiri 13.5m. That’s 252.5 million spent in the last two years for Liverpool. What have they won?

When you take it backwards the spending gets worse, but I ask again, what have they won?

Now they want to spend 60m plus on Alisson and maybe Ferkir. Does it guarantee they win a thing? No it does not.

Arsenal have spent far less and won something. But you keep on deriding the model that has delivered the silverware. The model has Mavprovanos at 2.1m, who knows what he can become? Do you remember when we got Kos and the critics. He went on to become, in the words of Rio Ferdinand, the best CH in the league. Who knows what Mavprovanos can become at the price we got him for? I will not pay a farthing for Shaqiri when I look at the youth playing in his position at the club.

Stop being consumed by the money spent by another, have a proper look at yours first. You might just find it is not all bad.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal should offer Cech a 2 year contract extension.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hmmm if rumors are true and Klopp completes the signing of Allisonalong with Fekir then ......
You like a kid in a candy store. Man why do you panic? Stay calm. You bang on about Liverpool, let's have a good look at Liverpool.

Liverpool spent, Van Dijk 75m; Keita 48m; Oxlade 40m; Fabinho 39m; Salah 37m; Shaqiri 13.5m. That’s 252.5 million spent in the last two years for Liverpool. What have they won?

When you take it backwards the spending gets worse, but I ask again, what have they won?

Now they want to spend 60m plus on Alisson and maybe Ferkir. Does it guarantee they win a thing? No it does not.

Arsenal have spent far less and won something. But you keep on deriding the model that has delivered the silverware. The model has Mavprovanos at 2.1m, who knows what he can become? Do you remember when we got Kos and the critics. He went on to become, in the words of Rio Ferdinand, the best CH in the league. Who knows what Mavprovanos can become at the price we got him for? I will not pay a farthing for Shaqiri when I look at the youth playing in his position at the club.

Stop being consumed by the money spent by another, have a proper look at yours first. You might just find it is not all bad.

Er who is panicking? Again whether you want to live with head buried under the sand or not, Liverpool as a destination brand for players is now a more attractive prospect than Arsenal :idea:

Also look at their roster:

In Salah, Firminho, VVD and Mane they have four players, who if put on the market currently will command over 75 million and in the case of Salah, maybe $120 mill .... what does Arsenal have?

Liverpool made the champions league final while Arsenal were battling with Butnley for sixth .... Abeg Waffi make we hear word. You butt kissed Wenger all the way to him running this brand into the ground ..... I don’t know where to even start with you
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Er who is panicking? Again whether you want to live with head buried under the sand or not, Liverpool as a destination brand for players is now a more attractive prospect than Arsenal :idea:

In Salah, Firminho, VVD and Mane they have four players, who if put on the market currently will command over 75 million and in the case of Salah, maybe $120 mill .... what does Arsenal have?

Liverpool made the champions league final while Arsenal were battling with Butnley for sixth .... Abeg Waffi make we hear word. You butt kissed Wenger all the way to him running this brand into the ground ..... I don’t know where to even start with you
Bullshyte! A rooster is a chicken that's ready fe dead in my plate of stew, or just names on a piece of paper. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You were one of those who for years here yabbed Arsenal about top 4 for years. Now you talk about Liverpool's top 4 trophy. That's hypocrisy. If it was not an achievement for Arsenal why is it suddenly an achievement for Liverpool? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

When they finally win something then I give due notice and respect. Till then names on paper mean nothing to me. Liverpool are a more successful club than Arsenal historically. There is a reason why Liverpool supporters I know don't rate Klopp.

You can blab about what any player is worth, the fact is you want to win. You do not win by selling your best players. The price of the best Arsenal players means not a thing to me cos I do not want to sell them. I know, winning comes when you retain your best players.

Finally, Liverpool are under pressure to win the league this season. Let us see how they perform under this pressure of expectations before you cream all over yourself over names on paper. I am old school and hard nosed, I don't rate you until you perform and deliver silverware.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Bullshyte! A rooster is a chicken that's ready fe dead in my plate of stew, or just names on a piece of paper. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You were one of those who for years here yabbed Arsenal about top 4 for years. Now you talk about Liverpool's top 4 trophy. That's hypocrisy. If it was not an achievement for Arsenal why is it suddenly an achievement for Liverpool? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

When they finally win something then I give due notice and respect. Till then names on paper mean nothing to me. Liverpool are a more successful club than Arsenal historically. There is a reason why Liverpool supporters I know don't rate Klopp.

You can blab about what any player is worth, the fact is you want to win. You do not win by selling your best players. The price of the best Arsenal players means not a thing to me cos I do not want to sell them. I know, winning comes when you retain your best players.

Finally, Liverpool are under pressure to win the league this season. Let us see how they perform under this pressure of expectations before you cream all over yourself over names on paper. I am old school and hard nosed, I don't rate you until you perform and deliver silverware.

Bia Waffi are you ok? Top four?

What’s this some kinda revisionist history? Who has been the biggest anti-Dlopp poster in this site ???? :shock: :shock:

You this man have lost ya cotton pickin mind sotay I don’t even know where to start with you :lol: :lol:

Again I will say it again, I judge Arsene for what he has done for the last five years ( as money wasn’t the issue as before ) and In my opinion he Did enough to rightfully get the can .... it’s clear the money was there by he dithered and bought the wrong players, failed to address the same old problems and hurt the clubs brand image ... so he can go hang out at BEIN till further notice :roll:

Feel free to join am as well :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

What’s this some kinda revisionist history? Who has been the biggest anti-Dlopp poster in this site ???? :shock: :shock:

You this man have lost ya cotton pickin mind sotay I don’t even know where to start with you :lol: :lol:

Again I will say it again, I judge Arsene for what he has done for the last five years ( as money wasn’t the issue as before ) and In my opinion he Did enough to rightfully get the can .... it’s clear the money was there by he dithered and bought the wrong players, failed to address the same old problems and hurt the clubs brand image ... so he can go hang out at BEIN till further notice :roll:

Are you sure you understand Arsenal finance in the last 5 years? If you did, you will not even opine like you did above. But it is irrelevant now. Forget Wenger, he is long gone and he has left us a wonderful football club compared to what he met. I am not interested in Wenger, he has done his time but he us gone. Move on. I am only interested in Arsenal.

Don't change the topic. I am on about your obsession with Liverpool and their spending. ManU, City and Liverpool spending the most money, but we must focus on our club.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

PSG want Kante for 100 million,Chelsea paid 28 million for him and win the league yet Wenger go for Xhaka that cost more.
Liverpool spend money and sell Coutinho who they paid change for at 130 million..Also even Suarez they paid change and ship him for like 70 million.
Good business and it pain me how Sanchez was let go for exchange of a player Manu don't want.
Wenger is gone,hope this bad business will never happen again
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Again my good friend you keep showing your inability to comprehend along with slow learning :idea:

I made a one line comment about two Rumored Liverpool purchases and you got all hot and bothered .... pray tell who is obsessed and acting emotionally :taunt: :taunt:

Did I touch a raw nerve :lol: :lol:

Fekir is a direct replacement for Coutinho, a short diminutive attacking forward with a rocket shot and Allison for Klarius? Well even a slow learning, poor comprehender like you could see the need :taunt: :taunt:

Unlike ya god, Arsenio Wenger, at least Floppy is ready to spend the money and not hide behind finances and fear to be held accountable like ya hero :lol: :thumb: :thumb:

No one hid behind the excuse of non spending like Arsene, because he knew that with spending money came accountability for results and consequences for failure :D

Now we know why he was a very reluctant spender :) :D

If Muppets like you and Arsene had listened to the likes of me Alderwereild and Van Dijk would be our starters for less the price of Mustafi :idea:

Wanyama and Nzonzi and Kondogbia would be running our midfield for a little more than the price of Xhacrap :shock:

Marinate on that and let those facts sink in :taunt:

Ahhhh whatever I’m wasting my time trying to educate football olodos :taunt:

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Are you sure you understand Arsenal finance in the last 5 years? If you did, you will not even opine like you did above. But it is irrelevant now. Forget Wenger, he is long gone and he has left us a wonderful football club compared to what he met. I am not interested in Wenger, he has done his time but he us gone. Move on. I am only interested in Arsenal.

Don't change the topic. I am on about your obsession with Liverpool and their spending. ManU, City and Liverpool spending the most money, but we must focus on our club.

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:The sad thing is that Nzonzi is losing his legs as he approaches 30. The Nzonzi of four to five years ago? Arghhhhh :curse: :curse: :curse: thunder fire Wengers dithering skinny French Nyash :curse:
People like Nzonzi will still give you 5 good solid years. He is not one of those gra gra players, he plays with his head, players like that in the midfield can play well into their mid 30s.

Arsenal needs to bounce back in the next 2 seasons, the thought of the future should take the back burner for now, you have spent the last decade and half thinking of a future that has delivered nothing but the ongoing nightmare.

Get in the players who can achieve the task of getting back into the top 4, even if they are on their last legs, in between you can silently bring in their understudies or people who will take over from them. Truth is having fired Wenger, if Unai does not get up and running , the atmosphere wont be gracious, the days of thinking 10 years , heck even 5 years plan at club level is over, and with the departure of Wenger, it has come to an end too at Arsenal.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsenal should have been doing this whenever stop-gap players were available to help the club....Anelka V2, Berbatova post Man U, etc. But they, with Uncle Azuka dem, were doing shakara oloje.
Please, if anybody shows up with money for Ramsey, they should sell am quick quick.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
anikulapo wrote:The sad thing is that Nzonzi is losing his legs as he approaches 30. The Nzonzi of four to five years ago? Arghhhhh :curse: :curse: :curse: thunder fire Wengers dithering skinny French Nyash :curse:
People like Nzonzi will still give you 5 good solid years. He is not one of those gra gra players, he plays with his head, players like that in the midfield can play well into their mid 30s.

Arsenal needs to bounce back in the next 2 seasons, the thought of the future should take the back burner for now, you have spent the last decade and half thinking of a future that has delivered nothing but the ongoing nightmare.

Get in the players who can achieve the task of getting back into the top 4, even if they are on their last legs, in between you can silently bring in their understudies or people who will take over from them. Truth is having fired Wenger, if Unai does not get up and running , the atmosphere wont be gracious, the days of thinking 10 years , heck even 5 years plan at club level is over, and with the departure of Wenger, it has come to an end too at Arsenal.
Arsenal should have been doing this whenever stop-gap players were available to help the club....Anelka V2, Berbatova post Man U, etc. But they, with Uncle Azuka dem, were doing shakara oloje.
Please, if anybody shows up with money for Ramsey, they should sell am quick quick.

I have been saying this all over the thread and some people are here yarning that we should keep him ..make we sell am sharp sharp..sell welbeck, sell Ospina, sell Campbell sell Lacaboom .....buy Nxonzi and take Dembele on loan from Barca if they wont sell ...Promote Nketiah to fight Perez for the second striker position ..sell chuba sef ...sell one of Chambers or Jenkinson ..I do prefer to keep Jenkison and tell him to fight Aniks son for jersey..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

I have been saying this all over the thread and some people are here yarning that we should keep him ..make we sell am sharp sharp..sell welbeck, sell Ospina, sell Campbell sell Lacaboom .....buy Nxonzi and take Dembele on loan from Barca if they wont sell ...Promote Nketiah to fight Perez for the second striker position ..sell chuba sef ...sell one of Chambers or Jenkinson ..I do prefer to keep Jenkison and tell him to fight Aniks son for jersey..

No be una sign 90year old man from switzerland to compete with Bellerin ... now you dey talk about Junkinson :mrgreen: :bump:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ohenhen1 wrote:Chelsea interested in bringing back Cech if they sell Courtois.
Good riddance. Please God let RM buy Courtois so that Cech can go back to where he came from.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

azuka wrote:
Good riddance. Please God let RM buy Courtois so that Cech can go back to where he came from.

OK.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:

See ya life : good riddance to Cech, yet you have an altar to proven losers like Ozil and Xhacrap? :woot: :woot: Wow :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
See ya life : good riddance to Cech, yet you have an altar to proven losers like Ozil and Xhacrap? :woot: :woot: Wow :rotf: :rotf:
Real Madrid Fan base reject you? Thought you dey go there? Abi u miss road? Waffi abeg help your brother map road to Real Madrid Fan Club now. Please? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

I am beginning to suspect that Tottenham planted Azuka to come stir wahala @ Arsenal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

I am beginning to suspect that Tottenham planted Azuka to come stir wahala @ Arsenal.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Spot on my brother :clap: :clap:

Azuka is definitely Bi-Polar {anikulapo quietly strolls out of the thread} :woot: :taunt:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Spot on my brother :clap: :clap:

Azuka is definitely Bi-Polar {anikulapo quietly strolls out of the thread} :woot: :taunt:
I don't understand these folks. Yes, Cech is old, and we certainly can do better, but blaming him when you have no DMs and erratic CDs is just pure nonsense.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:

Liverpool does not enjoy larger revenue source (real and potential) than Arsenal. How come they are then able to invest in their squad in ways we can't.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Liverpool does not enjoy larger revenue source (real and potential) than Arsenal. How come they are then able to invest in their squad in ways we can't.
Good question.......Arsenal as a club did enough to deserve an owner who is willing to invest money onto the club(because they deserve it from raising the status of the club i.e building that beautiful stadium at the same time consistently finishing in the champions league position year after year). Arsenal deserve better than having stingy Kroenke as an owner.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I need to slap myself for following Waffi when he was telling us Walcott was better than Obama-Young :veryangry: :oops:
AFCON 2019 sweet o