The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Nkume »

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:Let us go back 1 year ago. Arsenal vs Bate Borisov home/Away.

Arsenal play both matches with a plethora of second teamers, including U-23 players (AMN, Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock) in the AWAY match.

[/video]

[/video]

:clap:
Context matters.

You're ignoring that was the group stage. Arsenal great with 0 stakes, yet put Arsenal in high pressure situation on the road and our opponent is irrelevant, Bate or Brighton and Arsenal can lose.

This is as much culture as it is quality or tactics. Arsenal remain soft as butter.

What did you all expect?"

Gooners wanted change without the struggle, welp that was never going to happen.
I never get tired of reading the excuses you guys were never willing to offer Wenger. Continue ...
21 years vs 6 months...MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:You mean even on this Valentine's Day ARSEnal couldn't master BATE :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:?
The arse got BATED :bump:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

How come its always Mustafi/Iwobi/Özil who are attacked by the so called fans and so called pundits but the likes of Mkhitaryan who has been $#% for months and nobody says anything about them?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:How come its always Mustafi/Iwobi/Özil who are attacked by the so called fans and so called pundits but the likes of Mkhitaryan who has been $#% for months and nobody says anything about them?
Very good point.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@Prof_TG:
Amazing how you see no logic in comparing "Emery to Poch" but are totally Ray Charles to Sarri's Chelsea comparisons, the deepest & highest paid team in London. Obviously it undermines your logic.
The correlation you make with AW's hiring is weird - AW made incremental changes that had huge impact - an ageing backline(Dixon, Winterburn, Tony, Keown, Bould) had their careers prolonged by the presence of DMs who were dedicated to screenings. FBs used to rigid defending were liberated. Hello!!!.
Killing the all out booze culture - AW shook the league - Emery looks lost like Scolari coming to Chelsea & struggling .
Your struggle as the world can witness is the refusal to see Emery as fallibe - one wonders if you & his agent have a biz arrangement
There's pressure all over the league - Pep cannot fail to not go far in the CL, Klopp gets into serious problems if he loses the EPL this season - Poch faces an old Arsenal problem, holding on to your best players.
It's really cheap insulting the intelligence of fans' appreciation for struggles involved in transition projects - most of these fans can see better results else where with lower budgets - our gaffer is coming across as clueless just now
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When I warned them about Emery, they said my mouth is smelling. Okay o! :lol:

Worst part of it must be to now know, beyond any doubt, that Tottenham is the best and most attractive team in North London. That must sting.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

There's pressure all over the league - Pep cannot fail to not go far in the CL, Klopp gets into serious problems if he loses the EPL this season - Poch faces an old Arsenal problem, holding on to your best players.
It's really cheap insulting the intelligence of fans' appreciation for struggles involved in transition projects - most of these fans can see better results else where with lower budgets - our gaffer is coming across as clueless just now
All I can do is shake my head at you people and wonder whether you think before posting Haba.

The man is in the beginning of a culture change and has been on the job less than a year and you’re comparing to people who have been at it for more than three seasons. And of the bunch, only one has won anything , and he did it on the back of a budget of a small nation.

Na wa for una
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It looks like all the Roaches are out of their cracks. You will all lick dust in the end. Bunch of Loser Haters.

Carry on. I don mark all of una names and comments for future reference. Including Waffi the flip flopping fence jumper :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Emery is doing just fine. Is he perfect? NO. But , he is moving the team forward and in the right direction.
Due to injuries, lots of players have become very "happy", because there is no competition.

Let's be honest, it takes a few cycles to clear the old trash and bring in some new blood. For some , it will take longer than others.
Lots of players have made great strides and are solid building blocks for this team. Yes, they are inconsistent and we wish they could grow up faster ...

When Socrates comes back, we will move Monreal to Kola's position and there will be better product from the left side.
On the right side, AMN is still pretty weak and no competition for Bellerin. But, we will need to learn to live with it.
Suarez can replace Miki, Iwobi or Ramsey, while Auba provides the #9 role.
Laca will come off the bench. Arsenal loses on fluidity, when both Laca and Auba are playing, because one of them needs to touch the ball more often, and they aren't good at it.
Guando, Lucas T. and Xhaka will split the duties in midfield.

I'm not worry one bit.
Everything else is just noise.
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:It looks like all the Roaches are out of their cracks. You will all lick dust in the end. Bunch of Loser Haters.
Carry on. I don mark all of una names and comments for future reference. Including Waffi the flip flopping fence jumper :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Make we dance!!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Emery is doing just fine. Is he perfect? NO. But , he is moving the team forward and in the right direction.
Due to injuries, lots of players have become very "happy", because there is no competition.

Let's be honest, it takes a few cycles to clear the old trash and bring in some new blood. For some , it will take longer than others.
Lots of players have made great strides and are solid building blocks for this team. Yes, they are inconsistent and we wish they could grow up faster ...

When Socrates comes back, we will move Monreal to Kola's position and there will be better product from the left side.
On the right side, AMN is still pretty weak and no competition for Bellerin. But, we will need to learn to live with it.
Suarez can replace Miki, Iwobi or Ramsey, while Auba provides the #9 role.
Laca will come off the bench. Arsenal loses on fluidity, when both Laca and Auba are playing, because one of them needs to touch the ball more often, and they aren't good at it.
Guando, Lucas T. and Xhaka will split the duties in midfield.

I'm not worry one bit.
Everything else is just noise.
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:It looks like all the Roaches are out of their cracks. You will all lick dust in the end. Bunch of Loser Haters.
I agree with you. But Emery will drown in Lake Xhaka. Lord have mercy the Lorry was exceptionally terrible yesterday. I felt so sorry for poor Guendo having to over compensate with a Swiss Mannequin next to him . If he had the gravitas he would have begged Emery to pull Xhacrap. It was pitiful. Wetin El Neny do Unai is only for the Lord to decipher

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Starting XI: Iliev, Osei-Tutu, Pleguezuelo, Ballard, Mavropanos, Thompson, Gilmour, Willock, Amaechi, Nketiah, Saka

SUBS: Smith, Medley, Zelalem, Coyle, John-Jules
Junior Gunners in action in a few minutes against Toto. Make I find stream jor. Hopefully they will make up from yesterday in Belarus :curse:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Problem is Gooners think football entirely theoretical.

"Play this player", "implement that formation" and voila Arsenal will win. I maintain in terms of performance vast majority of this squad has flattered to deceive for years. Gooners must stop confusing retaining some quality players with being a legit quality team. Arsenal reminiscent of Bates era Chavs. Zola, Desaily, Gallas, Lampard, Babayaro, JFH, etc. Decent team but never top tier & perennial disappointments.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:Welcome Unai Emery. You got my support.
Will you withdraw ya support when he wisely lops off Ozil and Xhacrap :taunt: :taunt:
Definitely.
Unai Emery on Mesut Özil: "He’s one of the biggest talents here at Arsenal and I want talented players here. I want to spend time with him, all of the players, speak to them about how inspired and excited I am to be here. I want the players to feel that as well."
That's not saying much. Could mean everything, could also mean nothing. Typical boilerplate comment of a new coach. It's like telling an ugly beauty contestant she's very inspiring.

I wouldn't read anything into it.
:clap: :clap: Oga theYemster take a bow and uncle Aniks you saw it coming far before season start.
Wow how times have fly,
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

All this Arsenal theorists ! Una think say this na FiFA 2018/19 where the player abi na computer cannot talk back to you ?

Team sports is first and foremost about teamwork and man management , all the rest na jara.... Give anyone a bunch of stars in any industry and manage them wrongly you will get bad results.

I think Unai will come good ,ONLY if he can find and get his own players that like and follow his philosophy to play in Arsenal.

So by law of alternatives . ..

Russia - fail
Spain -pass
France - fail
UK - pass..

That is my tea laced with rum analysis :tic:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Beat
ARSEnal
Thoroughly
Eternally

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Beat
ARSEnal
Thoroughly
Eternally

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Beat
ARSEnal
Thoroughly
Eternally

Arsenyansh couldnt aBATE defeat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Danfo who do you think can be the perfect coach for beloved?
I know you don't rate emery but which areas can beloved improved come next season?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:Oga Danfo who do you think can be the perfect coach for beloved?
I know you don't rate emery but which areas can beloved improved come next season?
As I have said previously, Arsenal will not improve until I lift my curse.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
All I can do is shake my head at you people and wonder whether you think before posting Haba.

The man is in the beginning of a culture change and has been on the job less than a year and you’re comparing to people who have been at it for more than three seasons. And of the bunch, only one has won anything , and he did it on the back of a budget of a small nation.

Na wa for una
The problem's you're batting below your avg - & that's unfortunate.
"The man is in the beginning of a culture change and has been on the job less than a year and you’re comparing to people who have been at it for more than three seasons" - stay doing that Ray Charles to the Sarri comparisons- 3yrs on the job too?
Are we supposed to ignore bad performances cos dude is 26 matches into his 1st season? Our competitors with so called superior squads & elite managers don't intend to be less driven - when do we start asking questions?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.