The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:Abeg there's an MPA - Missing Persons Alert ooo. Anyone seen Aniks yet. He's yet to sighted since the match ended due to Ozil's upper cut that got him dazed. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My broda Aniks had a fantastic night.

Ozil was the General with an incredible performance that made him purring with delight.

Xhaka was imperious and immense. He even found time to win hearts at the Emirates with an unbelievable performance as a LB, every time he got the ball, he was cheered and applauded, just like Aniks was cheering where ever he was.

I noticed with dismay how silent he was in the game thread, but I later realised he was busy cheering the team to be concerned with the game thread. Ozil and Xhaka had put paid to that. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I’m not gonna ruin a good day for my team by pointing out una lies and fables :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Today is not the day and I’m not churlish like Sisi Yemisi.

I’m thrilled by the win and looking forward to Palace and then Liverpool :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Still no tranniks sighting? The Bills are an eternal joke, the fakers can't buy a win, and now Ozil is beasting.

Times are rough for our resident parrot mouth.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ozil has produced in big games and carried Arsenal in big games. I cannot forget because I was at the stadium to witness some of his memorable performances. I also remember away games too.
Again today is not the day to point out ya lies and fables :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I will say one big breath of fresh air is that we have a gaffer who knows how to read games and make effective substitutions in a timely manner. Much better in comparison to our skinny clueless French grandpa wey go just siddon there worrying about hurting players feelings and watching the team sputter and suffer :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

A five-star champagne performance particularly
in the second half. Ozil was imperious, Iwobi
sizzled, Torreira ticked, Leno bailed us out,
Aubameyang impacted greatly......etc.

The most touching aspect of the game for me
was how much the guys tried to get Lacazette
a goal. Even Guendouzi tried to play him in but
was cut out.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Waffiman wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Please, let him go to Bayern, if he can take Ozil and Ramsey with him. In fact, he can go to Tottenham with those 2 sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I go add Xhaka just to annoy Waffiman.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not annoyed at all. Why should I be? I am just happy for the man. I wish the man all the best. If you ask me, I think he us rushing in too early. I wish he stayed away for at least a year.

As you know, I am forever thankful for what he made Arsenal. His genius built the modern Arsenal. A truly warm, kind and wonderful man who changed so many lives for the better.
Wayo man, i am not disputing your thesis about what Wenger has done. I am saying he should please take Ozil, Ramsey, and even Xhaka with him...to Bayern, Madrid, Tottenham, Commentator's booth, retirement, anywhere :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Ozil, Germany are begging to return. Even Wenger dey take style beg Ozil to return. Wenger must not come anywhere near our players or else I go fight am personally.

As for Ramsey, your favourite :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: nor worry, he don go.

But Xhaka is misunderstood. Just have a look at this.

Xhaka's greatest value to the team, his effect on build-up and progression is only surpassed by the Chelsea's imperious Jorginho. Remember my analysis in the summer, when I said, Torreira will free Xhaka because teams will be forced to press him too. Pressing Torreira give Xhaka space to play, simultaneously, pressing Xhaka gives Torreira space to play. This is making Arsenal better.

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he us key.

Ok, we go manage Xhaka for the time being :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I prefer Guendouzi in Xhaka's role alongside Torreira BUT
I am afraid of Waffiman.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guendouzi has the talent to be better than Torreira and Xhaka but he has to develop his defensive side of the game. When he sorts this out, and is ready, neither Xhaka nor Torreira will keep him out of the team. His passing ability for his age is almost as good as any Regista I have seen play this game. It reminds me of Pirlo.

Right now Guendouzi eagerness to be involved offensively comprises his defensive responsibilities. It is the only reason why he is not in the team.
Yes. His upside is potentially immense. Granit is superb,
but Guendouzi will play him off the park soon.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:Still no tranniks sighting? The Bills are an eternal joke, the fakers can't buy a win, and now Ozil is beasting.

Eh Ya, it seems you have finally healed from ya bleeding anus after you went into hiding for a week ... egbe oshi :rotf: :rotf: unlike you I celebrate team victories ... maybe you can learn something troll

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

X
Last edited by theYemster on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Ozil has produced in big games and carried Arsenal in big games. I cannot forget because I was at the stadium to witness some of his memorable performances. I also remember away games too.
Again today is not the day to point out ya lies and fables :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ManU 3-0, Liverpoool 4-1, 3-3 Chelsea 3-0, Bayern 2-1 etc etc. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
theYemster wrote:Still no tranniks sighting? The Bills are an eternal joke, the fakers can't buy a win, and now Ozil is beasting.

Eh Ya, it seems you have finally healed from ya bleeding anus after you went into hiding for a week ... egbe oshi :rotf: :rotf: unlike you I celebrate team victories ... maybe you can learn something troll
Gutless Bills, winless Fakers, fearless Ozil, shameless traniks.

I bet Germany wishes Mesut was back in their fold. Where's your boy Payet? Dude didn't even make the world cup team. Wilshere nko...wallowing in irrelevance? If it were the other way around you'd render this forum unbearable.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Gutless Bills, winless Fakers, fearless Ozil, shameless traniks.

I bet Germany wishes Mesut was back in their fold. Where's your boy Payet? Dude didn't even make the world cup team. Wilshere nko...wallowing in irrelevance? If it were the other way around you'd render this forum unbearable.

Again I’m not gonna ruin a celebration over a win against the MIGHTY LEOCESTER at home :rotf: :rotf: I know you’re still salty and Butt Hurt from getting exposed as a Football Know Nothing....

E Still Dey Pain You .. Kpele :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
ManU 3-0, Liverpoool 4-1, 3-3 Chelsea 3-0, Bayern 2-1 etc etc. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Do you want The Optics for all the games against those teams since 2013 when Madrid pulled off the worst transfer heist in football history ?

Lol there are plenty spankings from Barca, Liverpool, Chelshyt and United there but keep lying to yourself :rotf:

Keep lying to yaself and celebrate a half of football at home against Leicester :rotf:

You poor souls don suffer tire ..:. Enjoy ya forty five mins.

Funny how a smart coach like Emery wasn’t impressed :taunt:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fantastic. Thing about that goal is the speed with which that ball moved across the turf and the players instinct in anticipating and knowing their team mates intentions. Shows a group of players as one and full of confidence. The Leicester players could not cope.

To be fair, in the 1st half, we had about 3 moves we just managed to put it together, but credit to Leicester, they just managed to break the moves up, but despite our frustration in that stadium, we felt it was coming. The physicality and effort the Leicester players put in that 1st half, after that moral sapping equalizer that floored them, we had this feeling they could not keep it up 2nd half.

The 2nd goal was all about the packing pass from Ozil. With one ball he took out 5 defenders opening it up. In analytics, to outplay or beat defenders is seen as particularly effective and has the greatest impact on scoring goals. But that pass was special. Kanu and Bergkamp come to mind.

His first goal was pretty special too. When you have the ability to pass a ball into the net like he did there, you have the ability to do anything. I remember a similar goal, when he gave the Everton Goalie and defenders the eye totally fooling them before passing the ball into the space they left behind cos the all expected him to pass where he was looking.

The fact is I have seen signs of Ozil's return to form, I made comments here about improvements on his physical output, saying improved physical performance often brings improvement in form.

Overall, we are still a 2nd half team. We need to start better and cut out giving up too many chances before we play Liverpool who are a team noted for starting extremely well. The good thing is we are improving, and that Leicester first half is the best 1st half we have played this season using every statistical guide.
And that is the big problem we will have against the top 6. And this is partly why we lost to Chelsea and Man City. My opinion in this is that teams generally play differently in the first half or live that he expects them to play based on analysis he is given by his crew. And as such he has had to always readjust his tactics in the second half to suit the reality he is facing.
The issue with this is against the top 6, we may have conceded too many goals in the first half that we will have a high mountain to climb in the second half. If he can work on this then Arsenal is truly on the way to being really back.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Is there any team that has done better than us in second half in Europe?We are the best second half team.If we can play half of what we play in second half we will win Europa and EPL.
There is a reason we open nyash among the top teams..Chelsea and City.In two weeks time we face Liverpool,we cant start poorly against them like it will be 3 goals before 30 minutes.
If Emery adjust that he will win major trophies not FA cup here who some think its major trophies under Wenger.
Emery please keep it tied,we must stay close to the top of the table.Now its for Burnley to get something from Chelsea,Spurs get something from City.Then we handle Liverpool at worst draw in two weeks time.God help us....
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Fantastic. Thing about that goal is the speed with which that ball moved across the turf and the players instinct in anticipating and knowing their team mates intentions. Shows a group of players as one and full of confidence. The Leicester players could not cope.

To be fair, in the 1st half, we had about 3 moves we just managed to put it together, but credit to Leicester, they just managed to break the moves up, but despite our frustration in that stadium, we felt it was coming. The physicality and effort the Leicester players put in that 1st half, after that moral sapping equalizer that floored them, we had this feeling they could not keep it up 2nd half.

The 2nd goal was all about the packing pass from Ozil. With one ball he took out 5 defenders opening it up. In analytics, to outplay or beat defenders is seen as particularly effective and has the greatest impact on scoring goals. But that pass was special. Kanu and Bergkamp come to mind.

His first goal was pretty special too. When you have the ability to pass a ball into the net like he did there, you have the ability to do anything. I remember a similar goal, when he gave the Everton Goalie and defenders the eye totally fooling them before passing the ball into the space they left behind cos the all expected him to pass where he was looking.

The fact is I have seen signs of Ozil's return to form, I made comments here about improvements on his physical output, saying improved physical performance often brings improvement in form.

Overall, we are still a 2nd half team. We need to start better and cut out giving up too many chances before we play Liverpool who are a team noted for starting extremely well. The good thing is we are improving, and that Leicester first half is the best 1st half we have played this season using every statistical guide.
And that is the big problem we will have against the top 6. And this is partly why we lost to Chelsea and Man City. My opinion in this is that teams generally play differently in the first half or live that he expects them to play based on analysis he is given by his crew. And as such he has had to always readjust his tactics in the second half to suit the reality he is facing.
The issue with this is against the top 6, we may have conceded too many goals in the first half that we will have a high mountain to climb in the second half. If he can work on this then Arsenal is truly on the way to being really back.
Interesting. I also think apart from tactics, it has something to do with the players too. We had the same issue under Wenger too. One commonality is the fitness crew. It is the same fitness crew and maybe it also has something with preparation.

Whatever it is, it must be sorted because Liverpool will be looking to capitalise on this very issue.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Do you want The Optics for all the games against those teams since 2013 when Madrid pulled off the worst transfer heist in football history ?

Lol there are plenty spankings from Barca, Liverpool, Chelshyt and United there but keep lying to yourself :rotf:

Keep lying to yaself and celebrate a half of football at home against Leicester :rotf:

Issue! Ozil does not show up for big games.

Incorrect, I say, producing evidence.

Now you try to move the goalposts. Abeg, comot for road with your wayo. I don prove my point.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Interesting. I also think apart from tactics, it has something to do with the players too. We had the same issue under Wenger too. One commonality is the fitness crew. It is the same fitness crew and maybe it also has something with preparation.

Whatever it is, it must be sorted because Liverpool will be looking to capitalise on this very issue.
Not only Liverpool but the other big 5 teams. It happened against Man City and Chelsea.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Now you try to move the goalposts. Abeg, comot for road with your wayo. I don prove my point.

Again you cannot LIE your way out of the obvious :taunt: :taunt: Biko don’t let me ruin the open bus parade over a victory over LEICESTER :tic:

You produced four games including a draw out of how many games and how many disasters? What kinda special drugs are you taking and what type of delusionary world do you live in bro :laugh:

Again biko I don’t want to destroy the open bus parade ... CARRY ON :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Not only Liverpool but the other big 5 teams. It happened against Man City and Chelsea.
Spot on. I say top 6. But we must also be measured and happy we have had these sequence of games. Above all, credit to the Manager for taking advantage. For it has given a group of players who arrived at the club in the last 3 windows the opportunity to gell under the sort of non pressure environment they would not have had had Wenger still been the Manager. There is this honeymoon with all pressure off, this has also helped.

Our 2nd half improvement can be down to player selection, tactical adjustment etc etc. But I have observed the real impact usually happen when Emery makes a corrective substitution to his players to take advantage of weaknesses in the opposition. For example, bringing on Auba against tiring opposition defenders.

Changes like these often balance out the front line. The balance of runners and creators or goal scorers. For example starting Lacazette, Iwobi, Mikh and Ozil means the balance between creaters and goal scorers is missing but when you add Auba to that mix, it is different. The front line is now properly balanced when it was not at the start. But, against Liverpool, he cannot afford to get this balance wrong.

A lot of the pundits are talking us down and I like it because it is helping with our top 4 goal. We dont need tje pressure. But although I still believe we are not yet a top team, what is good is, most of the time, the players are doing the basics first and properly. Yes, yesterday I observed some set play issues, which I put down to not knowing when to mark zonally or man mark. I hope this is noted and corrected.

The pundits will want to have many believe their myopic analysis, this is fine by me because it helps us. However if you look at it closely, Liverpool and Chelsea played 6 out of 9 games vs teams outside the top 6. Man City, ManU and Spuds each played 7 of theirs. But we are 2 pts off the leaders, and being told we shouldn't read too much into that because we have played 7 of our 9 fixtures vs teams outside the top 4. To me, for a team that is work in progress, we are better than we are getting credit for.

Nobody wins a thing in October, I have made this point here many a time, but the above stat is very encouraging for a team still finding its feet on this league. We got away with our LB problem, hopefully we start seeing players return to cover this position.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Again you cannot LIE your way out of the obvious :taunt: :taunt: Biko don’t let me ruin the open bus parade over a victory over LEICESTER :tic:

You produced four games including a draw out of how many games and how many disasters? What kinda special drugs are you taking and what type of delusionary world do you live in bro :laugh:

There are many more for Arsenal and Germany but what's the point? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The talk was he does not do it against big teams. I just produce evidence. But you are being subjective and biased in the face of facts. No point is me producing more facts, is there? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

There are many more for Arsenal and Germany but what's the point? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The talk was he does not do it against big teams. I just produce evidence. But you are being subjective and biased in the face of facts. No point is me producing more facts, is there? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You didn’t produce any evidence, you are just living in a delusionary world. Why are you determined to be exposed and ruin the open top bus celebration against Leicester?

Last WARNING :taunt:

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Baba you be my guy but it is obvious there is no shame in your game...Haba :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Baba you be my guy but it is obvious there is no shame in your game...Haba :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haba Una no wan make a brother rest :taunt:

MLK.