The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:People are just twisting the Profs words to the nth degree. Continue ...
I made my point, you buttressed it with your video. Just let the facts do the talking. Forget the rest. People will chose to believe what they want to believe, esp when they have an agenda. Nothing you can do about that.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Great thread on Emery....
Nothing great about a thread of mainly bickering Arsenal fans, who displayed their ignorance on what Emery's biographer was trying to say.

I read that book over the last Christmas holidays and if I were contributing to that thread. I will be asking specific questions pertaining to Emery's rigid last and last but one zones defending, especially with regards to the EPL and how most goals from open play now come from quick transitions.

I did not see any knowledge in that thread and frankly I learnt nothing. I will be engaging Molina personally with questions from the book, now I know he is on Twitter.
I was referring to the Molina quotes entirely.

Hmmm...nothing learned from Molina said quotes yet you want to correspond with him directly... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aniks is so right, waffi the ultimate flip flopper.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Guess what?Wenger about to start his new job,hope you will show support to t he man and the new team.
So Kajifu - which club did Wenger sign with , na from ya cousin you get this gist ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Serge Gnabry ... a former Gunner ... Could use him on the wing.
Can Iwobi progress to be the next Gnabry?
We've to do a better job of managing our players on loan especially if they're having a torrid time - Gnabry needed to be shifted from a gaffer who didn't care for him - Vela had a similar situation when Hodgson came in as coach @WBA & didn't believe in him - players become vulnerable & exposed - easy to tap up.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The big bring back on the cards. Void of creativity, Emeribe is fast realising the face needs a nose. To fit the narrative, Mesut has been “brilliant” in training and has “trained” his way back into a matchday squad. Has Bate come too soon or has the big hand struck desperation o’clock? Either way, how refreshing it is to read that Emeribe has inspired Ozil to put in work. Bodes well for Beloved. Masterstroke.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:Serge Gnabry ... a former Gunner ... Could use him on the wing.
Can Iwobi progress to be the next Gnabry?
We've to do a better job of managing our players on loan especially if they're having a torrid time - Gnabry needed to be shifted from a gaffer who didn't care for him - Vela had a similar situation when Hodgson came in as coach @WBA & didn't believe in him - players become vulnerable & exposed - easy to tap up.

I don't think it was a case of the Gaffer not caring. He gave him his furst team breakthrough. Gnabry had a serious injury whilst in the final years of his contract. Returned from injury in the final year of his contract. Bayern sneaked in via Bremen, taking adv of the player's stronger negotiating Bosman position. When you consider how long it has taken Gnabry to get where he is currently at, was it really that bad a call by Arsenal?

I have read a lot of people judging in a simplistic fashion like they seem to do in social media. It is Easy to judge with hindsight from a position of ignorance and condemn after one good game. I have watched the player all season. His game is still developing. He is still very inconsistent like most young players.

Besides, IMHO, on the basis of what I have seen this season, Iwobi is a better player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

It is half term. I dey house. 8-)

My interactions inform me many ST holders who did not want to go for this game are looking for convenient spares to take their children for the game. I anticipated the rush for tickets and got mine sorted. :mrgreen:

I am taking my two of my boys tonight. They support their Daddy's stance of not spending a dime as protest against the Owner. So my movement will be very different to what I used to do whenever I take my children. For starters, we are off to watch a film first, then it is a straight forward journey on the Piccadilly line, but it will change when we step out of the train station.

Any which way, I do am, I will still have to take care of costs of transport, feeding, snacks and their drinks. But it is going to be nostalgic for me, cos I remember my first trip to Highbury, I was just a teenager like my sons. Especially the elder of the two. One thing I will be doing is repeating how I made my journey on my first trip all those years ago. I will bore them with my old tales, then hope the football will lift them. :D :D :D

We will win easy tonight because; "we are 'The Arsenal', we are the best......."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Great thread on Emery....
Nothing great about a thread of mainly bickering Arsenal fans, who displayed their ignorance on what Emery's biographer was trying to say.

I read that book over the last Christmas holidays and if I were contributing to that thread. I will be asking specific questions pertaining to Emery's rigid last and last but one zones defending, especially with regards to the EPL and how most goals from open play now come from quick transitions.

I did not see any knowledge in that thread and frankly I learnt nothing. I will be engaging Molina personally with questions from the book, now I know he is on Twitter.
I was referring to the Molina quotes entirely.

Hmmm...nothing learned from Molina said quotes yet you want to correspond with him directly... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aniks is so right, waffi the ultimate flip flopper.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me have some fun first. :D 8-)

Nope. Your post is clear. It said, "Great thread on Emery". How can it now be a reference in entirety to Molina's quote? It is clear that you were talking about the thread cos you mentioned it specifically, if you were talking about Molina's quote, you would have done so. Why are you now flipping and flopping? :taunt:

This is a classic case of trying to divert attention from your misdeeds by accusing me of that which you are guilty - a flip flopper accusing another of flip flopping. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, no onto to the serious bit.

First my initial response, specifically the bit about not learning a thing. I was wrong. Now, I must correct myself, the one thing I learnt from the thread is Molina is on tweeter.

I have since made contact via PM and he very kindly responded. He has been excellent to me, he answered my questions about the book. A good man.

In view of developments, I want to say thanks you for your initial post.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Coach wrote:^One could replace player with any other job title.

Most of the time now we think, when we have a manager who wins the league unbeaten, we will continue to challenge for league titles for years to come. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they remain at their managerial best. Because they might be in their comfort zone". 4th x10 to the power of... disgraced in the knockout stage of the Champions League x10 to the power of...

Ozil has indeed disappointed at times, but this is hardly a faultless Floyd Mayweather talking. Pinch of salt. Salt baed for good measure.

Hmmm reading that article sheds some light for re-signing Ozil at the wage...its very subtle but its all there... A replacement for him at that time would have cost the club 100M in transfer fees ....*** which if we read in between the lines Arsenal likely look for a replacement ...

Second point ...resigning him was free... ( aka no transfer fees ) .......

So getting a replacement would have been 100M + 68M in wages = 168 M

Resigning Ozil was ( 0 + 68M ) = 68M

:curse: :curse: :curse: Still though .. I no gree I do think we could have gotten someone for less and for less wages ... Oh well ..water under the bridge...

This football business hard o .
disagree, we could have had an Ozil replacement at 60M, and if the person is not coming on free transfer, 4 year wages at 250k would be 45M. Total 110M.

Heck even if re-signing Ozil was the best option. we should have paid him like 20M of his 68M upfront in sign-up fees. We are left with an asset on lower wages that is then sellable if we need to. Now we're stuck with an unsellable asset.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Coach wrote:^One could replace player with any other job title.

Most of the time now we think, when we have a manager who wins the league unbeaten, we will continue to challenge for league titles for years to come. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they remain at their managerial best. Because they might be in their comfort zone". 4th x10 to the power of... disgraced in the knockout stage of the Champions League x10 to the power of...

Ozil has indeed disappointed at times, but this is hardly a faultless Floyd Mayweather talking. Pinch of salt. Salt baed for good measure.

Hmmm reading that article sheds some light for re-signing Ozil at the wage...its very subtle but its all there... A replacement for him at that time would have cost the club 100M in transfer fees ....*** which if we read in between the lines Arsenal likely look for a replacement ...

Second point ...resigning him was free... ( aka no transfer fees ) .......

So getting a replacement would have been 100M + 68M in wages = 168 M

Resigning Ozil was ( 0 + 68M ) = 68M

:curse: :curse: :curse: Still though .. I no gree I do think we could have gotten someone for less and for less wages ... Oh well ..water under the bridge...

This football business hard o .
So why not pay him a higher sign up fee upfront and lower weekly wages
Thats water under the bridge - It does make more sense now , the way forward is what ?

I for one think Unai should find a way to play him so he can be sold . I do think we can play him instead of Xhaka at the base of a pyramid with LT and Gundo doing the dirty work for him, I would him rather than Xhaka.

Play Iwobi or Mikhi at the top instead of sticking iwob at the wing and paly the 17 year old kid Saka more on the wings , the kid will step up.

At the end of the season someone will come for Ozil, we cut our losses and sell.

If we dont play him no one buys him sadly.
Ozil is unsell-able. For one, he has no incentive to agree to move for to another club and earn less. he can sit on the bench, showup everyday for practise and run down his contract. No European club would pay him 350k/wk. None! Either Emery play him since we are paying regardless or the board negotiates a buy-out. But he is untrasferable. He can be loaned but with us still paying most of his salary, but he can't be sold (except to China maybe)
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Amaf, agreed, Ozil will struggle to find his salary matched by many suitors, but, has it arrived at such juncture where Mesut Ozil is now the epitome of all Beloved’s ills? Is Mesut and Mesut alone, the foul miasma blowing throught the barracks? But for this pariah, Beloved would be trading punches with the Premiership’s heavy hitters. In his absence of late, how swashbuckling have been the displays? How faultless has been the form?

Emeribe is placing all his broken eggs in a broken basket and claiming that the cause for the cracks. One will say, with a degree of certainly, Emeribe will return to Ozil, for all the world’s hubris cannot conceal the obvious. There is no alternative. Mhikitaryan is another case of the Sanchez’s and Iwobi still lakes the cerebral aspect of his game. Better to die with the sword in hand, than be slewed whilst swinging a tablespoon.

By no means a condemnation of Emeribe’s innings thus far, one was well of the opinion, so deep was the depth to which Beloved was taken, the oxygen canister is likely to have expired before the refracted rays of sunlight are visible metres from the sea surface. Amongst those broken eggs are many shells smashed by Emeribe’s Claudio Ranieri as the “Tinkerman” impersonation. The effortless transition from one ridiculous strategy to another is impressive. Optimus Prime with body dysmorphia.

Nevertheless, in the words of the, returned to Nigeria to enjoy the spoils of politiricks, Globero, ‘tis and forever shall be, “Arsenal for life”.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

disagree, we could have had an Ozil replacement at 60M, and if the person is not coming on free transfer, 4 year wages at 250k would be 45M. Total 110M.

Heck even if re-signing Ozil was the best option. we should have paid him like 20M of his 68M upfront in sign-up fees. We are left with an asset on lower wages that is then sellable if we need to. Now we're stuck with an unsellable asset.[/quote]

@Amaf Well said , however 110 M > 68 M , even by your conservative estimates.

Recall how much we got Auba and Laca for ? I dont think we would have gotten a younger springier and much better version of Ozil at anything less than 100M.

Even Draxler who was muted at some point would have cost more and imho even though 25 is not better than Ozil, packs a shot and can run but his passing is ordinary.

Draxler does have age going for him and the introduction to the german team at a very early age.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

This starting formation na wa o ...Ozil and Xhaka and Mikhi ??

no LT ..I would have started LT ahead of Xhaka, knowing Ozil will not chase down balls :curse: :curse:

...Socrates
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cech +Lichtstiener.

No Sokratis or Torreira.... :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And there it is...with the most logical avenue to the Champions League at stake, Emeribe calls upon “he’s been so good in training now”. Nevertheless, get ‘em girls!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Emirates nowhere near a sellout tonight.

KO time another reason why Europa a low rent competition.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

1-0

Own goal from Bate.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Iwobi balling thus far.
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal for life
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Focus and stop wasting abeg - kill the game off !!

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Wow - Pa saves off the line !!

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Our 2017/2018 defense is BETTER than our 2018/2019 defense.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu