The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks,

Ozil still has £36m worth of contract left by my calculation. If he does not want to leave, there is not much Arsenal can do. He could sit in his yard playing Fortnite for the next 2 years if he wanted. The club offered him those wages, he did not steal them.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:Aniks,

Ozil still has £36m worth of contract left by my calculation. If he does not want to leave, there is not much Arsenal can do. He could sit in his yard playing Fortnite for the next 2 years if he wanted. The club offered him those wages, he did not steal them.

Fact not feelings... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:

See two so called fans celebrating the fleecing of their club?

Wow SMH
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:

And you support such nonsense?SMH
Instead of asking for Ozil to shine and give the coach reason to play him,you are here kpom his write up.
A dam shame if you ask me.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:Oga Danfo who do you think can be the perfect coach for beloved?
I know you don't rate emery but which areas can beloved improved come next season?
As I have said previously, Arsenal will not improve until I lift my curse.
Biko i beg you on behalf of all goons.
It seems you have lift to spurs curse and they are in thick of things,,,
Why do that?
I didnt curse tottenham o! Their own curse goes beyong anything from time immemorial. :rotf: :rotf:

You know what to do, to lift Arsenal's curse. Me, I don tell you before, but you no wan do am.
Stop messing with my boy Kajifu. He will actually believe you have an atom of power to affect the outcomes of anything pertaining to Arsenal or Spurs... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

As if Ozil hasn't already been sitting on his behind for many years ... enjoying his money. Ozil was already overpaid in his previous deal. He has been called out before.
Arsenal finally has a coach who has stopped catering to divas. Rewarding mediocracy, because we are afraid he might get mad? Seriously?
If Ozil had any sense of pride, he would be working to earn the trust and confidence of the coach. Like every player. But he has decided to destroy the team that gave him a fortune.
This is a man with no ambition and I wouldn't want him near my team.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:As if Ozil hasn't already been sitting on his behind for many years ... enjoying his money. Ozil was already overpaid in his previous deal. He has been called out before.
Arsenal finally has a coach who has stopped catering to divas. Rewarding mediocracy, because we are afraid he might get mad? Seriously?
If Ozil had any sense of pride, he would be working to earn the trust and confidence of the coach. Like every player. But he has decided to destroy the team that gave him a fortune.
This is a man with no ambition and I wouldn't want him near my team.

Exactly.

Imagine the same Waffi who trashed the Ox and Sanchez is celebrating a lazy worthless shyt fleecing his club. Wetin man no go see for CE :shock: :boo: :boo:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:You seem to contradict yourself. If Pep is so great, why didn't his tactics work with the Trash footballers he had (like Yaya Toure or Sagna ... etc?)
Nah, he needed to splash $50 millions on defenders like Laporte to prove that his system works.
In the meantime you are judging Emery based on Free transfers like Kola, Lichtsteiner and kids like Iwobi, that he inherited.
Let me ask one more time. What exactly are you saying?

Here is a proven Fact:
If Ozil was so great, teams would have been lining up to sign him. Ozil is trash. And Arsenal was the only club in the world dumb enough to sign him. Let alone ask him to be their leader.
Wenger declared after the signing of Ozil ... "I hope he becomes the leader at Arsenal". How many more games did Ozil play last season after signing his 350k contract, do you want to guess?
Ozil won't earn any sympathies from me. He was given an opportunity to go in the Winter ... he refused. I see in Ozil the same thing Emery sees. An overrated player, who has little to contribute.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:You still don't get it, do you? It is called, you make the best of what you got.
And the results are there to prove it.
With Iwobi, Guendo, Kola, AMN and Bellerin, Arsenal has produced more goals than at the same time last year. So, what's your point?
All this crap about "Go watch Pep, Klopp, ..." show me that you actually don't even understand what you are talking about.
Why doesn't Pep play with Kola, Guendo, Lichtsteiner, Mustafi, Xhaka ... instead, why does he need to go spend $50million on defenders and have 4 of those sitting on his bench?
If those coaches are so great, why don't the play with John Doe from the street? Why the need to spend $billions to prove their system works???? Has this ever crossed your mind?
Bepanda
tolahs wrote: If your creative hub is made up of the trio Sead-Iwobi & Matteo - you lack ambition.
What happens when a team checkmates your preferred attacking options via FB or WB - gotta have a plan B.
Are we dropping too far from man_with_ball thereby enabling off the ball runners(of the opposition) to prosper.

The FB attacking option & the checkmate is an old Arsenal tale - the Chelsea win over us after a long time via Ranieri in the CL was that he deployed Jesper Grønkjær to force Ashley Cole to defend.
In this seasons FA cup - Coach Ole Gunnar Solskjær deployed Lukaku to that space vacated by Sead - we didn't adjust
- choosing to send our central defenders(regardless of health) to defend a speedster wide is disadvantageous plus it blows up the shape we need.
Go watch Pep's ManC @Anfield this season - one FB up, one back - solid back line always.
Go watch Pep's ManC @home to ManU - RB Walker mainly sat back to aid the backline - it's more than injuries
& formations. Emery wants to defend high w/o ball pressure.
Most fans watch the game too
You watch how your opponents play against other teams to formulate your tactics - fact finding.
Pep had a very expensive squad last season too & lost badly to Liverpool hence the adjustment this season - you gotta have direction & tactical flexibility - we aren't flexible just now.
Are the disgruntled Arsenal fans not watching the same matches?
On squad size & expense - 2 London clubs - Chelsea & Scum - take your pick

54mins - A fact previously reported by the German press last summer being reiterated by David Ornstein:
Emery wanted Ozil @PSG

--------------------
As for Pep start with:
http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-cara ... h-football
------------------------------------
“I have analysed a lot of teams and coaches and I think it’s difficult to find one coach who is better than Guardiola,” Emery
--------------------------------------------------------

As for what I am saying & many fans agree - Emery's making too many tactical blunders - overthinking it. Can't complain about the squad now, when you've been praised to High Heavens for knowing players in the Reserves & promising the board we'll need minimal spending.
Laporte came to ManC full of errors but like with any Pep's side as loudly acknowledged by your beloved Unai - he drilled them till they got it. Look at Sterling & Sane - the improvements.
Sagna & Yaya were ageing players with extraordinary careers - they'd proven themselves with that team pre-Pep
----------------------------------------

You're well aware PSG were ready to take Ozil on loan this past Jan. transfer window - another gaffer out there wanting dude.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, how is Ozil to shine in such circumstance? The fact is, into his pail of water, Emeribe has cast his dye. A return o Mesut will not only represent a come down from the high-stepping high horse, but would throw his cause into question.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks my dear brother. This is getting worse. Dennis Bergkamp just co-signed Ozil's tweet below in his Instagram post of the tweet.

BTW! Almost every member of the 1st team squad has supported the post too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dennis Bergkamp does not agree with your analysis of Ozil's abilities. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman wrote: This battle is now out in the open. I find it extraordinary that Ozil is getting open support from his team mates against the management.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So pSG now want GUENDO and Arsenal have slapped a £60 mill price tag on him. Better re-do the contract of him and LT ASAP :scared:

Interesting but not surprising, considering that Rabiot is going to Barca on a Bosman .

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Let me make sure I understand.
PSG is in the Champions League. They have lost Neymar and look for a replacement. They ask Ozil to join ... and he refuses.
Are you blaming it on Emery?

Ozil himself said he didn't want to go anywhere. So, he rather play games against BATE Borossov instead of facing Real Madrid, Barcelona, ...etc in the CL?
And this is the player Arsenal fans are begging to play?

Bepanda
tolahs wrote: You're well aware PSG were ready to take Ozil on loan this past Jan. transfer window - another gaffer out there wanting dude.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The only thing wrong with Arsenal, which will BITE now in the absence of a great manager, is the failure to back their manager in the market.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Bep, as illustrious as the name may read, ‘tis not merely the name that moves the man. 92 international caps, or thereabouts, record number of assists, decent goal return. World Cup winner. La Liga, Copa del Rey, three FA Cups...at 30 years of age, in a professional where careers close for most within the next five years, there will, without doubt, be other motivations behind office of employment. Ozil may well be content in the capital, happy breathing in the Big Smoke.

It has been a perpetual argument that the lack of suitors is a consequence of his ability, or lack thereof. At 30 years of age, 31 this autumn, with a season or two of plateau before the timely decline, is it any surprise that the list doesn’t read as lengthy as that 7 years back? Commonsense, not many will pursue such an acquisition at this stage in his career. Cue the Cristiano Ronaldo comparison, and how many CR7s are there in the global game? United’s struggles with Sanchez are warning all. Time is the master of all masters and for all the madness about the modern game, there are momentary glitches in the matrix where common sense holds hegemony.

Emeribe is cutting his nose to spite his face and sadly has put himself in a difficult position, any backstep would open him up for all sorts of criticism.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

[quote="bepanda"]Let me make sure I understand.
PSG is in the Champions League. They have lost Neymar and look for a replacement. They ask Ozil to join ... and he refuses.

Ozil himself said he didn't want to go anywhere. So, he rather play games against BATE Borossov instead of facing Real Madrid, Barcelona, ...etc in the CL?

No one is saying Ozil is the one of the top ten players in the world, what most of us are saying is that he has a contract that he did not put a gun to arsenal's head to get and now that he does he does not have a fight bone in him ( we know this from history ) .

Knowing this - you want him to leave his cushy 350K a week gig to go fight 25 year old draxler - 5 years younger for the seat that Neymar will come back and claim ?

Btw lets watch and see KBP in Barca on how that is working out for him..

Think a little more out of the box on this since we are all so smart - how will Arsenal get themselves out of this or MAKE the best of a terrible situation ?

Arsenal made a bad deal and they need to figure it out , no other club can help them in this position.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nkume wrote:The only thing wrong with Arsenal, which will BITE now in the absence of a great manager, is the failure to back their manager in the market.

Oh boy wetin do your babes ? Choski gurls daze dem 3 no reply ??
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:The only thing wrong with Arsenal, which will BITE now in the absence of a great manager, is the failure to back their manager in the market.

Oh boy wetin do your babes ? Choski gurls daze dem 3 no reply ??
Since our number 10 got injured, the team has struggled. Too bad. :(

Dem try sha. :clap: :clap:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 012658.amp

Life is finally looking up for Chuba Akpom :thumb:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 012658.amp

Life is finally looking up for Chuba Akpom :thumb:
:clap: :thumb: (at Chuba)

:sneaky: (at Aniku)
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Coach,
Please watch the clip below.
Mesut Ozil has missed 100 out of 314 possible games from Arsenal, since he has been at the club. That is 30% of the games, he is supposed to play.
And people don't know if it is because of illness, bad mood, just doesn't want to play, ...
Why would any manager want to build a team around a guy, who is so unreliable? Furthermore, he is 30+, so it is only going to get worse because of age.

There is so much demand on the players with weekly matches, Cups, European football, the EPL alone is a marathon.
In addition to that, even when Ozil plays, he is only productive in 30% of those games. The remaining 30%, he is just pathetic.
Why would you sacrifice your future for a guy, who shows up 30% of the time? Does this even make sense to you?

This season at Arsenal is about finding out if players like Iwobi, Bellerin, Laca, Auba, Guendo, Leno, AMN ... etc can grow into leaders of the future. That is what this season is about.
The Ozil ship has sailed. And we better get used to it. Ozil accolades are for his wall at home and his kids. I don't give a sh*^ about his international caps, record numbers of assists, ... etc.
It is irrelevant to Arsenal of the future.
I'm 100% in Emery corner.
[/video]
Bepanda
Coach wrote:@Bep, as illustrious as the name may read, ‘tis not merely the name that moves the man. 92 international caps, or thereabouts, record number of assists, decent goal return. World Cup winner. La Liga, Copa del Rey, three FA Cups...at 30 years of age, in a professional where careers close for most within the next five years, there will, without doubt, be other motivations behind office of employment. Ozil may well be content in the capital, happy breathing in the Big Smoke.
It has been a perpetual argument that the lack of suitors is a consequence of his ability, or lack thereof. At 30 years of age, 31 this autumn, with a season or two of plateau before the timely decline, is it any surprise that the list doesn’t read as lengthy as that 7 years back? Commonsense, not many will pursue such an acquisition at this stage in his career. Cue the Cristiano Ronaldo comparison, and how many CR7s are there in the global game? United’s struggles with Sanchez are warning all. Time is the master of all masters and for all the madness about the modern game, there are momentary glitches in the matrix where common sense holds hegemony.

Emeribe is cutting his nose to spite his face and sadly has put himself in a difficult position, any backstep would open him up for all sorts of criticism.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Let me make sure I understand.

Bepanda
tolahs wrote: You're well aware PSG were ready to take Ozil on loan this past Jan. transfer window - another gaffer out there wanting dude.

"Here is a proven Fact:
If Ozil was so great, teams would have been lining up to sign him. Ozil is trash. And Arsenal was the only club in the world dumb enough to sign him."

That's what i was responding to. If you want respect, you extend it - benching Ozil, briefing against him is not Arsenal values - you can't come back & ask him to help you out. He has earned the right by having a contract to name his terms - he says, you want me out - permanent deal elsewhere(not loan transfer) - heck, you really want him out - let him go on a free.
ManU could do with Alexis out but who pays - you sign on those dotted lines - meet the obligation. Ozil is a World cup winner, he hasn't unpicked himself - we've a gaffer with few options acting like a dictator - that's not leadership or good man management.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coach wrote:@Bep, as illustrious as the name may read, ‘tis not merely the name that moves the man. 92 international caps, or thereabouts, record number of assists, decent goal return. World Cup winner. La Liga, Copa del Rey, three FA Cups...at 30 years of age, in a professional where careers close for most within the next five years, there will, without doubt, be other motivations behind office of employment. Ozil may well be content in the capital, happy breathing in the Big Smoke.

:clap: :thumbs:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ozil this ozil that,e don do guys,he has become distraction so far,allow the coach to do what ever he want to do.End of season we look at his performance and if not good enough to match even Wenger performance we can start look for a new serious coach.The guy inherit a team that most of the players he will not have sign and is trying to put his own team.
Ozil today is an average player will not start for City,Liverpool,Manu and likely may be spurs.I will not bring teams like Juve,Real,Barca,PSG etc into this.If the coach bench him then let it be so,Emery is also an average coach not a great coach as to me he failed at PSG.Some one told me give him chance at beloved since Arsenal is a step down PSG he might be a fit for us.What am happy is that the fans have kick a liar . Now its time to take it away from the owner who has done nothing but take money.
When we ask for sugar daddy i remember few here proudly said we dont need sugar daddy we have an American who owns alot of clubs .
Wenger and the owner run the club for selfish reasons,now Wenger is out its sooner or later the owner will be out also