The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by kajifu »

Emery this last two games I feel he could have done more better.How Ozil play 90 minutes in that City game is something I cant tell.
I also feel that Auba has let us down and he kind of get a pass.I will not mind we bench him,i like him but he has been very poor,he cost us the Chelsea game with those miss chances and why Ozil start that Chelsea game is something only him can explain.
Now lets see how he do against West Ham that we are suppose to beat and they look rubbish.
If he cant beat West Ham I will not blame anyone criticism him as his down fall will come from playing underserved players.If he learn anything in his first season at PSG then I think this last two games are his wake up calls.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

[/video]

Azuka see ya hero ohhh :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot:

No wonder you don pick race :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:@WhoScored:
"While Guendouzi is a long way from the finished article and could do with some guidance, he is leading by example, winning over the hearts of the fans and the mind of his manager." .

@afcstuff:
Matteo Guendouzi has made more tackles & interceptions combined (17) than any other player in the PL this season.
**** the stats dude :winking: ....Ohenhen words are gospel :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: . The kid is defensively poor
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotfl: Wenger did a number on beloved.How much we pay for the bobo?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

No Wonder Emery signed him on to the longest contract at the club. Given he just arrived what does he kno about Xhaka that you and I don't know.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:

No Wonder Emery signed him on to the longest contract at the club. Given he just arrived what does he kno about Xhaka that you and I don't know.
Arsenal signed Flamini and Sonogo and Chamakh to long term contracts and yes that guy Ozil as well so ??? :lol: :taunt:

Anyway e be like say you don reach end of ya rope to start grasping at straws :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
"While Guendouzi is a long way from the finished article and could do with some guidance, he is leading by example, winning over the hearts of the fans and the mind of his manager." .

@afcstuff:
Matteo Guendouzi has made more tackles & interceptions combined (17) than any other player in the PL this season.
#$% the stats dude :winking: ....Ohenhen words are gospel :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: . The kid is defensively poor

Who besides Lucas Torreira is better than Matteo defensively in our squad as performed so far this season - we can make all sorts of noises about player development but it only makes sense if you opt to be Ray Charles to Arsenal's lack of ambition to spend anymore in the transfer market or maybe you see Xhaka developing Gilberto Silva defensive qualities in the coming weeks.
The calls you must make about any squad cannot ignore the options on the table - Fundamental 101!!!!!
If we wanna assign blames to the goals we've conceded - you gotta shift 1/2 of the team to the bench VS Hammers

https://player.fm/series/arseblog-the-a ... 4-20082018
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Not read Matthew Syed of The Times for a min but interesting piece in his column today:

Matt Syed [The Times]: Unai Emery has a problem. His problem is that he has been hired as a football manager. In truth, his real job is perhaps the toughest of all in the world of succession planning: replacing a dictator
I don't mean to be pejorative when i describe AW as a dictator. He was not a politician. He didn't trample on people's rights.
But he was, in organisational terms, an autocrat. ....Democracies are, in part, about the seamlesstransition of power...Dictatorships, by their nature, create dynamics, ...the boss often wishes to cultivate the idea that they are eternal, irreplaceable and immutable.
“Emery faces a philosophically distinct challenge. Altering the immutable. Replacing not just the leader of a club, but their personification.”
No, clubs are about the norms, assumptions, habits and heuristics that silently define the modus operandi of any group of people. And, at Arsenal, those norms, those habits, were shaped by one man. Wenger............Clubs are not just players. They are not just buildings. They are not just stadiums. And they have little to do with the handbook new staff receive with information about how to claim expenses, health and safety and the org chart.

------------------------------------------------

He weighed in on the Neville vs Carrager debate as it pertains to us - he feels trying to change the entire culture is as close to guaranteed failure as you get -- he suggest Emery pick on or two areas to hone in on, like defence - get a breakthrough & the fly some.
Interesting perspective
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:

@afcstuff:
#$% the stats dude :winking: ....Ohenhen words are gospel :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: . The kid is defensively poor

Who besides Lucas Torreira is better than Matteo defensively in our squad as performed so far this season - we can make all sorts of noises about player development but it only makes sense if you opt to be Ray Charles to Arsenal's lack of ambition to spend anymore in the transfer market or maybe you see Xhaka developing Gilberto Silva defensive qualities in the coming weeks.
The calls you must make about any squad cannot ignore the options on the table - Fundamental 101!!!!!
If we wanna assign blames to the goals we've conceded - you gotta shift 1/2 of the team to the bench VS Hammers

I do agree with you in regards to Guenduzi. I was just making fun of Ohenhen who somehow has convinced himself that the kid is not good enough and shouldn't be starting even though stats at hand are saying otherwise.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:

@afcstuff:

I do agree with you in regards to Guenduzi. I was just making fun of Ohenhen who somehow has convinced himself that the kid is not good enough and shouldn't be starting even though stats at hand are saying otherwise.

I was sending a msg to him thru you - i got your sarcasm - i even put the link to a podcast where the guys truly confessed to how this kid is making believers outta them. Ohenhen's on a silent crusade to take Matteo to some lower league team - he probably believes from observations he might eventually share that Xhaka is the next Gilberto defensively speaking.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
bk-one wrote:

@afcstuff:

I was sending a msg to him thru you - i got your sarcasm - i even put the link to a podcast where the guys truly confessed to how this kid is making believers outta them. Ohenhen's on a silent crusade to take Matteo to some lower league team - he probably believes from observations he might eventually share that Xhaka is the next Gilberto defensively speaking.
The boy has been our best player the last two games.I saw a kid play against a City team with heart.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

In 6 months, all I ask is you don't attack Guendouzi. The kid is been rushed. I just hope they don't destroy his confidence once his level of play drops and he is on the bench.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

ohenhen1 wrote:In 6 months, all I ask is you don't attack Guendouzi. The kid is been rushed. I just hope they don't destroy his confidence once his level of play drops and he is on the bench.

That statement is based on what?
If he is good enough to play then he is old enough. In the last two games he has been Arsenal's best midfielder. He is not the first young player to start for his team at 19. Matthijs De Ligt is captaining Ajax at 19, Youri Tielemans was a starter for Anderlecht at 16 and captaining them at 18, Busquets was starting for Barcelona at 19, Rooney played for Everton at 16. All these guys have gone on to have decent careers.

Your opinions aint backed by facts but the fact that you are just too stubborn to admit that maybe you were just wrong
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:In 6 months, all I ask is you don't attack Guendouzi. The kid is been rushed. I just hope they don't destroy his confidence once his level of play drops and he is on the bench.
Can you tell me who the fans has destroy their confidence before?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
Coquelin.

Flamini

Adebayor

and etc.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Coquelin.

Flamini

Adebayor

and etc.
You are a big liar.
No beloved fans destroy Adebayor
Coquelin was never good,was bench even when he start ahead of Arteta we know he was not good but nyash licker were showing us stats how he is one of the best in Europe.Flamini :rotf: :rotf: when he hit form he run away to Milan.No beloved fan destroy him but everyone was upset how he leave when we need him more.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsène Wenger to get honour from Liberia's George Weah.
Liberian President George Weah is to award his former football coach, Arsène Wenger, his country's highest honour.

President Weah, the only African to have been named World Player of the Year, was signed by Wenger in 1988 when he coached Monaco.

Wenger, who stepped down as Arsenal manager in May after 22 years, nurtured several African stars.

The president retired from football in 2003 and went into politics. He won last year's election by a landslide.

Wenger is expected to be in Liberia's capital, Monrovia, for the award ceremony on Friday, Liberia's Information Minister Eugene Nagbe told the BBC
Wenger is also due to be made a chief by members of Liberia's Arsenal fan club when he is in the country, the information minister said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Also Weah want Wenger to help bring Liberia football to the lever of the big boys in Africa
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Coquelin.

Flamini

Adebayor

and etc.
You are a big liar.
Coquelin was never good,was bench even when he start ahead of Arteta we know he was not good but nyash licker were showing us stats how he is one of the best in Europe.Flamini :rotf: :rotf: when he hit form he run away to Milan.No beloved fan destroy him but everyone was upset how he leave when we need him more.
Arsenal fans are notorious for attacking players.

They are currently attacking Iwobi. Some say he is a championship player. He should be loaned out.
I fear for Geuendozi career. I think Guendouzi is a good player. But he has a lot of flaws defensively. A loan move to a team like Bordeaux willl be good for him.

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Coquelin.

Flamini

Adebayor

and etc.
You are a big liar.
Coq was only good partnered with Cazorla. Once Cazorla got injured it spelt doom for Coq
Egg

Post by bouncino »

You have made your point on this kid and we are not buying it because he is performing but it seems you are bent on forcing down your views on everybody. Looking like you are now secretly wishing and praying the kid fails so you are proven right. An obsession so to speak.
Please leave this kid alone.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Coquelin.

Flamini

Adebayor

and etc.
Since the growth of social media, there've been excesses in how some fans attack players but you do appreciate whilst they're loud, they're frequently the minority.
Off the 3 players listed above, you couldn't be more wrong - Flamini had a season where he could mark anyone out of a game - b4 then he'd struggled so the club weren't in a hurry to renew his contract - he makes a verbal agreement with Juve(now interested in Serie A cos his dad's fam are from Sicily?) - AC Milan come with a bigger offer & he left Juve waiting. Milan ruined his career by playing him all over the place - even at one point playing Becks(MLS) at DM while Flamini was on the bench - they'd merchandise to shift.

Sheyi went to ManC for the money - dude turned to a street walker hawking himself around it was embarrassing.
Coq for a longtime saw himself as an attacking - the loan to Charlton awoke something in him that when he came back he dedicated himself to DM - was really helped by Cazorla & later Elneny was a great partner but AW chose to discard the way we played DM - probably to accommodate bigger names.

Alan Shearer has view on the kid - he ain't a gooner like you well know.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wow Koscielny back and running with the team ... Way ahead of schedule :thumb:

MLK.