The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

“I have no issue with Monchi. But the link to Arsenal is BS.“

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi my guy, see as you dey exhibit Madness and Denial. You know the funny thing is that if to say you no be my guy, your own for don finish.

I could only imagine if it was certain other muppets here who exhibited the same perverse streak wey you dey show ... but it’s all good sha.

I go just dey laugh :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Urhobo WaYo man :taunt:

Make I hear you open ya mouth about ya “sources” again :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Ozil just invited a whole load of trouble in Germany. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ozil like wahala sha.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote: Ozil just invited a whole load of trouble in Germany. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wetin he do? :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Robbynice wrote:
Wetin he do? :rotf:

Hmm I have to agree with Azuka sha..

but look at it this way, he is preparing for life after soccer, ( after Arsenal ) because he will not get such a good deal at the age of 32 abi na 33, so he is doing what Naija players did before him , I will not mention names but we know those players that campaigned for Jonathan, Atikulate and Sai baba :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ozil na small pikin when it comes to our guys !! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

No crime committed. Ozil is at liberty to invite whomever he pleases to his bash. Erdogan, Urdu Dan or Punjabi MC, tis his day and upon flicking through the pages of the album in his octogenaria, such moments will bring warm the soul. To the establishment, the phallus, bone dry and eczematous.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Now we know who updates Ozil social media to tell the world that he has 100 assists, when indeed, he only had 1
And to put it bluntly (or for those who can't understand) ... Whatever Putin can do ... Erdogan can do better !!!
Bepanda
Coach wrote:No crime committed. Ozil is at liberty to invite whomever he pleases to his bash. Erdogan, Urdu Dan or Punjabi MC, tis his day and upon flicking through the pages of the album in his octogenaria, such moments will bring warm the soul. To the establishment, the phallus, bone dry and eczematous.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffi don move to Stage 4! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
“I appreciate the interest of Arsenal, perhaps the one that has shown the most interest, and of other clubs who have made contact. I have evaluated the proposals I had and I have chosen Sevilla. It was the one that brought things together and had the conditions for me.”
MONCHI ......

Waffi smh I keep telling you to stop listening to those voices in ya head aka “your sources”

:rotf: :rotf:
Nice BS. Until Arsensl confirm the story it is BS.

Monchi is also a good liar.

Waffi???

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My guy when in a hole stop digging nah :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If na lie won’t Arsenal deny they pursued him :D

Give it up biko and chop ya humble pie :taunt: :taunt:
Stop smoking weed. Why would Arsenal respond to BS? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi

Waffi

Waffi

Please Stop

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Don’t lemme being up ya prior comments about Monchi ... I don save am by the way :rotf: :rotf:

This ya flip flop don worse pass Statsdna :mrgreen: :rotf:
Monchi has a fine record as Sporting Director at Sevilla. I hailed him for those performances at Sevilla and I was a huge fan. Note, I have not rubbished his work at Sevilla. I will take his work at Sevilla at Arsenal but that Monchi looks to have been long gone. Besides, he will never get the power he had at Sevilla or Roma at Arsenal and he knows it. So why would he even consider the job of a glorified scout at Arsenal?

I repeat, Monchi, IMHO, would not have fit in at Arsenal so he was never an option. He can lie or pretend Arsenal and other clubs were interested as a ruse to return to Sevilla, I do not buy it. You can buy it, that's your problem but I have every right to challenge this Monchi story because I believe it is BS.

All Sporting Directors have a short shelf life. We have discussed this in detail in the Arsenal WhatsApp forums. Monchi was disaster at Roma and it will be tougher for him in the EPL. Another reason why the Arsenal link is questionable.

There is also your Spanish friend who I first mentioned here, remember him. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: We know Josh Kroenke has him acting in Sven's role. The rumours are solid on him, I just cannot see how he will be replaced or relegated to a lesser role at Arsenal under the new regime.

I have no issue with Monchi. But the link to Arsenal is BS.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Ornstein says on Arseblog podcast that his sources say Monchi to Arsenal is a done deal....

I have heard that too. But I wait and see. Something like this must happen or else, I see season tickets piling up unsold in the summer.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So less than a month later you now claim Monchi to Arsenal is a fable eh? What voices do you listen to bikonu :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi ohhh ... why do you make me do this to you :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Ornstein says on Arseblog podcast that his sources say Monchi to Arsenal is a done deal....

I have heard that too. But I wait and see. Something like this must happen or else, I see season tickets piling up unsold in the summer.

So less than a month later you now claim Monchi to Arsenal is a fable eh? What voices do you listen to bikonu :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Said it before, Waffiman must lay in bed at night, sipping gin, while smiling and wondering how silly Cybereagles Arsenal fans must be to believe him! :lol: :lol: nahh... he has to be enjoying this! LOL, as they eat out of his palms every time and end up with rotten stomach. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Read and comprehend. I heard the rumour. But it turned out to be BS.

Ornstien was spreading BS rumours. Arsenal were not interested in Monchi.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Obong wrote:This confirms my initial fear. You, danfo driver, have a very deep psychological problem. Were you abused during your childhood or is something off kilter? The massive irrationality of thought and purpose, the consistent pattern of bawdy hubris is indicative of some underlying problem. I'm really worried about your mental health. If there are any mental experts on the forum, please, reach out to this brother.
danfo driver wrote:Waffi don move to Stage 4! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Stop smoking weed. Why would Arsenal respond to BS? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffi

Waffi

Waffi

Please Stop

Don’t lemme being up ya prior comments about Monchi ... I don save am by the way :rotf: :rotf:

This ya flip flop don worse pass Statsdna :mrgreen: :rotf:
Monchi has a fine record as Sporting Director at Sevilla. I hailed him for those performances at Sevilla and I was a huge fan. Note, I have not rubbished his work at Sevilla. I will take his work at Sevilla at Arsenal but that Monchi looks to have been long gone. Besides, he will never get the power he had at Sevilla or Roma at Arsenal and he knows it. So why would he even consider the job of a glorified scout at Arsenal?

I repeat, Monchi, IMHO, would not have fit in at Arsenal so he was never an option. He can lie or pretend Arsenal and other clubs were interested as a ruse to return to Sevilla, I do not buy it. You can buy it, that's your problem but I have every right to challenge this Monchi story because I believe it is BS.

All Sporting Directors have a short shelf life. We have discussed this in detail in the Arsenal WhatsApp forums. Monchi was disaster at Roma and it will be tougher for him in the EPL. Another reason why the Arsenal link is questionable.

There is also your Spanish friend who I first mentioned here, remember him. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: We know Josh Kroenke has him acting in Sven's role. The rumours are solid on him, I just cannot see how he will be replaced or relegated to a lesser role at Arsenal under the new regime.

I have no issue with Monchi. But the link to Arsenal is BS.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zee wrote:
balo wrote:

This looks more like Kaycee2G the.......................foolish Danfo driver :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Said it before, Waffiman must lay in bed at night, sipping gin, while smiling and wondering how silly Cybereagles Arsenal fans must be to believe him! :lol: :lol: nahh... he has to be enjoying this! LOL, as they eat out of his palms every time and end up with rotten stomach. :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You are officially nuts :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The whole world is wrong, even Monchi who thanked Arsenal for their interest ( the same interest you agreed to have heard) .... but Delusional Always Wrong Waffi should be believed instead???

You and Donald Trump are kindred spirits :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Two Nutters :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The whole world is wrong, even Monchi who thanked Arsenal for their interest ( the same interest you agreed to have heard) .... but Delusional Always Wrong Waffi should be believed instead???

You and Donald Trump are kindred spirits :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Two Nutters :rotf:
Monchi also thanked many other clubs for their interest. Why name Arsenal only? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal and Monchi did not have a deal. I do not believe there was even contact, it is all speculation and rumours, via the Spanish press then English press who fed BS to the likes or Ornstien and Arseblog. To me, Monchi could not have hacked it at Arsenal, so the best possible scenario for Monchi was, he made the whole fancy story public so he looks like a hero to Sevilla fans.

You want to make me get forensic. I will. I rarely read or listen to Arseblog, we often disagree also. He has his views, I have mine. I have listened to that Podcast, and I knew about the Monchi rumours. But they were just that - rumours. Ornstien never said it was a done deal. Here is the Ornstien quote, re Monchi:
"On the flip side, a person with a link to Emery is Monchi [the AS Roma Technical Director]. I don’t know this for a fact but I have been told that he’s Sanllehi’s first choice and Emery’s first choice. There’s the Sevilla connection and things aren’t going particularly well at Roma, but he’s extremely highly regarded within the game. One person actually told me that it’s a done deal. I don’t know that for a fact and it’s not strong enough information for me to report it outright".
From the podcast, when you listen, it incorrect to say Ornstien says it is a done deal, when he never said such a thing. You need to calm down and do your homework like I do. 8-) 8-)

Aniks, you sabi read and comprehend objectively without agenda? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I don try for you tire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's assume Arsenal had contact which is possible. The question you should ask is, what happened after? How did talks go? Did Monchi like Arsenal's proposal? Did Arsenal like Monchi's proposal? Did talks progress or where they stalled cos they could not agree on aspects of of each others initial proposals? Did both sides seek alternatives and tried to use it as leverage to get an upper hand in negotiations? Was there ever any agreement? Etc. etc.

The story from the outset did not fit into how Arsenal do these things. It was all too public and I tend to be sceptical when one party is broadcasting Arsenal's interest. That says to me, this is pure BS.

If a deal was done like you and TG wrongly claim, then Monchi will be at Arsenal right now. Another reason why to me, it is BS. A story put out there by Monchi via his Spanish media friends and picked up by the English gutter press. This is my analysis of the situation.

Fact is, he was always going to be glorified scout at Arsenal and this did not suit his modus operandi. I cannot see how Monchi who ran operations completely at Sevilla and Roma will take a much lesser role at Arsenal in terms of his power and control. It was never going to happen. I am a realist about these things.

The Ornstien you are trying to use as a source never even said what you and TG are claiming. Stop using Monchi lies to the press as certified events. It is all rubbish, pure and utter Bulls Shyte (BS). :taunt: :taunt:

Unlike you, I nor dey do follow, follow, because tory suit my agenda. I question everything to be sure it is not BS. You have fallen for this BS Monchi story because it suits your agenda. You can twist and bend my words, but I am calling it as I see it, with an independent reasoned analysis. Try doing the same, follow, follow nor good oh! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

My friend give it up.

Will it kill you to tell the truth and say you were wrong haba? It shouldn’t be hard for you because you are always wrong :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I mean where do I start with you: Statsdna, £30 million plus Mikhi ... I have even lost track sef.

Point is you are straining your brain trying to fit pieces together that don’t make sense.

You are in one breath saying Arsenal never made contact with Monchi and then saying, well maybe they did but.....

My friend this is why I call you a WaYo Man, Flip Flopper, fence Jumper and sitter :lol: :lol:

Why did Monchi mention Arsenal? Because they put in the most work and effort to sign him and he turned them down for reasons best known to him ...End of story and quite simple.

My friend Abeg e don do ... You were WRONG AGAIN!!!!

Deal with it :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Monchi also thanked many other clubs for their interest. Why name Arsenal only? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He could not have hacked it at Arsenal so he ran away then made the whole fancy story public so he looks like a hero to Sevilla fans.

You want to make me get forensic. I will. I rarely read or listen to Arseblog, we often disagree also. He has his views, I have mine. I have listened to that Podcast, and I knew about the Monchi rumours. But they were just that - rumours. Ornstien never said it was a done deal. Here is the Ornstien quote, re Monchi:
"On the flip side, a person with a link to Emery is Monchi [the AS Roma Technical Director]. I don’t know this for a fact but I have been told that he’s Sanllehi’s first choice and Emery’s first choice. There’s the Sevilla connection and things aren’t going particularly well at Roma, but he’s extremely highly regarded within the game. One person actually told me that it’s a done deal. I don’t know that for a fact and it’s not strong enough information for me to report it outright".
From the podcast, when you listen, it incorrect to say Ornstien says it is a done deal, when he never said such a thing. You need to calm down and do your homework like I do. 8-) 8-)

Aniks, you sabi read and comprehend objectively without agenda? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Let's assume Arsenal had contact which is possible. The question you should ask is, what happened after? How did talks go? Did Monchi like Arsenal's proposal? Did Arsenal like Monchi's proposal? Did talks progress or where they stalled cos they could not agree on aspects of of each others initial proposals? Did both sides seek alternatives and tried to use it as leverage to get an upper hand in negotiations? Was there ever any agreement? Etc. etc.

The story from the outset did not fit into how Arsenal do these things. It was all too public and I tend to be sceptical when one party is broadcasting Arsenal's interest. That says to me, this is pure BS.

If a deal was done like you and TG wrongly claim, then Monchi will be at Arsenal right now. Another reason why to me, it is BS. A story put out there by Monchi via his Spanish media friends and picked up by the English gutter press. This is my analysis of the situation.

Fact is, he was always going to be glorified scout at Arsenal and this did not suit his modus operandi. I cannot see how Monchi who ran operations completely at Sevilla and Roma will take a much lesser role at Arsenal in terms of his power and control. It was never going to happen. I am a realist about these things.

The Ornstien you are trying to use as a source never even said what you and TG are claiming. Stop using Monchi lies to the press as certified events. It is all rubbish, pure and utter Bulls Shyte (BS). :taunt: :taunt:

Unlike you, I nor dey do follow, follow, because tory suit my agenda. I question everything to be sure it is not BS. You have fallen for this BS Monchi story because it suits your agenda. You can twist and bend my words, but I am calling it as I see it, with an independent reasoned analysis. Try doing the same, follow, follow nor good oh! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://arseblog.com/2019/03/what-now-f ... la-return/

Very nice piece but it clearly echoes my thoughts on this fraud Sanllehi. The Kroenke clan need to fire this fraud ASAP :curse:

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Much have been said about the Arsenal FC recruiting and scouting department, mostly by sections of the press, pundits, and many 'fans'.

One thing I've noticed though is that there are only very few players that these guys brought to the Arsenal, that left or were pushed out, and did not go on to either be successful in terms of trophies, or show that they are worth their wait in gold.

Arsenal fans (well at least the noisiest ones) are generally insatiable and deluded. They are largely responsible for pushing out most of these fine players in their prime.

Here are some examples:

Gervinho - still among the top scorers in the current season in Italy with Parma. Still doing his thing.

Schzesny - On his way to win a Scudetto, and has been very good for Juve this season

Fabianski - Has been among the top 10 keepers in the EPL over the past 5 years in my opinion. They ridiculed and called him Flappianski while he was at Arsenal

Ospina - Was deemed as not good enough, but has helped Napoli get to the 2nd position in Italy. If he comes back to Arsenal now, they'd still attack him and mock him.

Chambers - Has played very well in defence for Fulham, and filled in at midfield admirably as well

For me, supporting the players you have is much more practical and important than constantly mocking them and desiring what you don't have. I'm sure there are more examples. There are also some examples of players that were bought but didn't make it after being pushed out Denilson, Bischoff, Bendtner, come to mind.

Bottomline is that the Scouting department have gotten it right more often than they've been given credit for.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... l-sanllehi

The design of the team, based on that search for greater efficiency, was supposed to owe a lot to the very specific expertise of Sven Mislintat. The German talent-gatherer brought with him first-hand experience not only of looking for what he calls “future players” – the untapped potential, the unpolished gems – but also in knowing every detail from within about how a club such as Borussia Dortmund, operating outside the financial super-elite, could box clever enough to compete at the highest level without a massive outlay.

They more or less wrote the modern manual, rocketing from the prospect of bankruptcy to the Champions League final in 2013 through a smart and inspired model, and Mislintat was a key part of that.

The spotlight now turns to Sanllehí and his preferred candidate to take on the technical direction. Will he go for someone in the mould of Mislintat or Monchi, men famed for their ability to detect outstanding talent whose value has every chance of exploding? Or will he prefer a more contacts-based person in the old-fashioned mould? Or someone who is more of an overseer? If so, then someone else to bring high quality to the scouting department may well be required as well as a technical director. For example Edu, a member of Arsenal’s Invincibles in 2004, the last time the club won the Premier League, is admired for his work with Brazil’s national team but would not come armed with the type of scouting network and procedures developed over the years by Mislintat.

Sanllehí’s experience of how the technical direction worked at Barcelona is perhaps not a particularly useful model for Arsenal currently. At the Camp Nou the political machinations tend to overcomplicate things. At one point not so long ago there was a whole cabal choosing transfers. Group decisions do not always lead to much clarity, or that smart, streamlined efficiency Arsenal claim to be after
Sanllehí is the last man standing of the triumvirate who oversaw the transition from the last days of Arsène Wenger to the first steps of Unai Emery. Gazidis, Mislintat and Sanllehí led the selection process, all bringing their own specialism to the party. And pretty soon only one of them will remain.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cally wrote:Much have been said about the Arsenal FC recruiting and scouting department, mostly by sections of the press, pundits, and many 'fans'.

One thing I've noticed though is that there are only very few players that these guys brought to the Arsenal, that left or were pushed out, and did not go on to either be successful in terms of trophies, or show that they are worth their wait in gold.

Arsenal fans (well at least the noisiest ones) are generally insatiable and deluded. They are largely responsible for pushing out most of these fine players in their prime.

Here are some examples:

Gervinho - still among the top scorers in the current season in Italy with Parma. Still doing his thing.

Schzesny - On his way to win a Scudetto, and has been very good for Juve this season

Fabianski - Has been among the top 10 keepers in the EPL over the past 5 years in my opinion. They ridiculed and called him Flappianski while he was at Arsenal

Ospina - Was deemed as not good enough, but has helped Napoli get to the 2nd position in Italy. If he comes back to Arsenal now, they'd still attack him and mock him.

Chambers - Has played very well in defence for Fulham, and filled in at midfield admirably as well

For me, supporting the players you have is much more practical and important than constantly mocking them and desiring what you don't have. I'm sure there are more examples. There are also some examples of players that were bought but didn't make it after being pushed out Denilson, Bischoff, Bendtner, come to mind.

Bottomline is that the Scouting department have gotten it right more often than they've been given credit for.

Einstein how did these guys do or how are they doing so far:

Chamakh

Denilson

Andre Santos

Nicholas Bendtner

Matthieu Flamini

And of course YAYA SANOGO

Oh I almost forgot Vito “Safe Hands” Mannone and Manuel “El Conquistador” Almunia

Jesu gbami ohhh ... what a failed post :rotf:
Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I made my position clear by saying I do not believe there was contact. I also gave my reasons why I did not believe there was contact. I cited, huge chasm between Monchi's previous roles at Sevilla and Roma to the one on offer at Arsenal. Also, the public nature of the story and Cagigao's current role at the club, cost cutting at Arsenal etc etc as reasons why I believe talks did not happen.

I then put the next scenario by stating, I was making an assumption of contact. Giving a different scenario with an assumption of contact is not the same as saying there was contact. :taunt:

By giving a scenario assuming contact, I am trying to discredit Monchi and his press friends claims linking him to Arsenal and their big fat lie of a done deal. You know, there was no deal, the claim of a 'done deal', as confirmed by Ornstien, but did not trust the source to publish it, only goes to show it was all a con game, a big fat lie told by Monchi people because only they stood to benefit from such a lie.

If they can tell such a lie, it goes without saying, they are also lying when they claim there was contact. They made up the story because of the Sevilla connection to Emery and Raul being Spanish. It is all lies. Why can you not see it? It is obvious to me. Have a good listen to that podcast, it is clear there is nothing concrete to the rumours, all innuendos and conjecture, hot air, BS, big fat lies. Why will you even consider such BS with any grain of credibility? It is obvious what it is my Fren. :lol: :lol:

Unlike you, I cannot take the word of Monchi as gospel. How do you know Arsenal put the most effort to sigh him? How did you reach this conclusion? Are you party to any of this effort? The fact is, you are not, but you are certain enough to give that categorical response on behalf of Monchi. :D Yet you claim I am straining my brain trying to fit pieces together that don’t make sense. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Aniks, abeg take am easy. Nor be by force. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo wrote:My friend give it up.

Will it kill you to tell the truth and say you were wrong haba? It shouldn’t be hard for you because you are always wrong :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I mean where do I start with you: Statsdna, £30 million plus Mikhi ... I have even lost track sef.

Point is you are straining your brain trying to fit pieces together that don’t make sense.

You are in one breath saying Arsenal never made contact with Monchi and then saying, well maybe they did but.....

My friend this is why I call you a WaYo Man, Flip Flopper, fence Jumper and sitter :lol: :lol:

Why did Monchi mention Arsenal? Because they put in the most work and effort to sign him and he turned them down for reasons best known to him ...End of story and quite simple.

My friend Abeg e don do ... You were WRONG AGAIN!!!!

Deal with it :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

He could not have hacked it at Arsenal so he ran away then made the whole fancy story public so he looks like a hero to Sevilla fans.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Unai Emery’s team is finally starting to progress, with consecutive wins last week and some overdue momentum, but away from the pitch Arsenal are as directionless as ever before.

The news earlier this week that Monchi has turned down Arsenal’s offer to be technical director, choosing to return to Sevilla instead, leaves their year of internal turmoil and turnover still unsuccessfully resolved. The sense that the club is still muddling its way through endures.

The reason that this is significant is that Arsenal were confident until very late in the day that they had secured the signing of Monchi from Roma. And that is why his late decision to reject them and return to Sevilla instead hurt so much. For Monchi it was a personal decision as much as a sporting one: Sevilla is his home and he wanted to go back. But it leaves Arsenal lost again, having failed to appoint their new technical director and wondering where to turn next.

This marks the continuation of the state Arsenal have been in all season, since Wenger was encouraged to step aside, and before Ivan Gazidis, the man who oversaw that transition, decided not to stick around for the aftermath and go and run AC Milan instead.

Back in November, after Gazidis left, Arsenal decided to create a new technical director role. The idea was that Raul Sanllehi would appoint someone before the end of 2018, who would oversee recruitment, the academy and the football side of the club. They could add more football expertise to a management team that sorely needed it.

TOP ARTICLES

The early favourite for the role was Sven Mislintat, the head of recruitment who arrived from Borussia Dortmund in November 2017, back when Wenger and Gazidis were still in place.

Mislintat had been in charge of signings in 2018 and had impressed in that role. Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and Sokratis Papastathopoulos had settled quickly into the first team while Bernd Leno and Matteo Guendouzi, picked up on the cheap from Lorient, were astute signings.

But in fact, Mislintat was surprisingly overlooked for the technical director role. After the departure of Gazidis, who had brought him to Arsenal, he was short on allies and had not built his own power base at the club. Having been passed over for this promotion, Mislintat left the club last month.

Mislintat was Arsenal’s third major departure in nine months, after Wenger and Gazidis, and still left Sanllehi looking for a new technical director for the club. Monchi had been popular for his work with Sevilla and Roma and was the leading external candidate.

mislintat-crop-0.png
Sven Mislintat was controversially overlooked for the role, leading to his departure (Getty)
The others in the frame for the role were two old colleagues of Sanllehi from Barcelona: Andoni Zubizaretta, who was Barcelona’s technical director from 2010 to 2015, overseeing the signings of Luis Suarez and Ivan Rakitic, and who was now at Marseille. And Roberto Fernandez, another former Barca player who had been a director there from 2015 to 2018.

Then there was Edu, the midfielder of the Wenger era, who has been working for the Brazil national team recently and was under strong consideration for the role. And Marc Overmars, who played for Arsenal in the late 1990s and was is technical director at Ajax, where he had overseen the club’s revival in European football. But just this month he has signed a new long-term deal to stay in Amsterdam.

Watch more

The inside story of Mislintat’s shock Arsenal exit
But now Arsenal have to consider going back to these candidates as they attempt to fill position. But there is a bigger question here than simply which well-paid football executive they are going to appoint. And that is what direction the club is meant to be going in. Without owners as ambitious as Liverpool and Manchester City, and without the experience of Wenger and Gazidis, the whole enterprise currently looks adrift.

There is a view is that the club lacks leadership or any sense of what it actually needs. With no clear plan, the club has been left making things up as they go along and is now finding that they are struggling to get other people to buy into it. Because until they know from the top what they want to be, and where they want to go, then how can they persuade anyone else to help them get there?

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Not Cesc Fàbregas from Barcelona. Or Patrick Vieira from AC Milan. Or even Thierry Henry from Juventus, for a paltry £11m. No, those who walk Arsenal’s corridors of power instead privately concede that the greatest signing made during Arsène Wenger’s 22 years in charge was Sven Mislintat, appointed as head of recruitment from Borussia Dortmund in November 2017 and seen as nothing short of vital to the future of the club.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 29936.html

Please Arsenal don’t make the same mistake that was made with David Dein. Bring this man back ASAP biko.

In the words of one agent who has worked closely with the club: “Arsenal pulled off the true transfer coup of the century when they recruited Mislintat — and have blown it already.”

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

anikulapo wrote:
Cally wrote:Much have been said about the Arsenal FC recruiting and scouting department, mostly by sections of the press, pundits, and many 'fans'.

Here are some examples:

Einstein how did these guys do or how are they doing so far:

Chamakh

Denilson

Andre Santos

Nicholas Bendtner

Matthieu Flamini

And of course YAYA SANOGO

Oh I almost forgot Vito “Safe Hands” Mannone and Manuel “El Conquistador” Almunia

Jesu gbami ohhh ... what a failed post :rotf:
I normally would read your stuff and pass cause you make empty noise most of the time, but sometimes, you do make sense.

The names you mentioned are good examples though I already alluded to that in my original post. Mentioning these names still does not negate the fact that they've gotten it right more often than not. They haven't been as bad as you have tried to paint them on here.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."