The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

charlie wrote:Arsenal still havent figured out how to beat the pressing game
Or press effectively.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

With Sokratis injuring his knee, Kos out the earliest Nov., Mustafi deeply error prone - we might've to rely on Holding & Mavropanos for a while.
Watching Chelsea despite the draw with the Hammers, i am deeply impressed with the speed with Sarri has transformed that team.
The discipline of the FBs - one forward, the other stays to form a 3. the MF transition defence - sure final offensive 3rd is struggling.

In our case, the high line isn't working especially w/o any pressure on the ball. We get attacked from the flanks a lot & we just struggle to handle people running @us. I hope Emery's more flexible on formations cos apart from goals conceded, goal chances against us is worrying.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Azuka are you back in exile ?? :taunt: :taunt:

Given that your lords Xhacrap and Ozil did everything possible to give away this game while your enemy #1 ( Petr Cech) was the hero and saving grace :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Oh well guess we will hear from you next week :D :D
Do you actually watch the match or you listened to your normal 3rd analysis by favoured British jurnos? I seriously doubt if you watched this match so i won't bother talking about Ozil and Xhaka. Their performance in this match especially Ozil whose passes helped break down a stubborn Everton defence talk for itself.
On Cech all i will say about his performance today is that it's coming a little too late in the day. And it's too early for your premature ejaculation. In any case his statistics of conceding 9 goals in 5 matches for a top side speaks for itself.

What? Na so this thing pain you ? :mrgreen:

What claim have I made about Cech other than he just slapped you silly and your fan boys, once again, showed how worthless they are to the team ..., :rotf: :rotf:

Kpele I no say di thing dey pain you sha :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Given that your lords Xhacrap and Ozil did everything possible to give away this game while your enemy #1 ( Petr Cech) was the hero and saving grace :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Do you actually watch the match or you listened to your normal 3rd analysis by favoured British jurnos? I seriously doubt if you watched this match so i won't bother talking about Ozil and Xhaka. Their performance in this match especially Ozil whose passes helped break down a stubborn Everton defence talk for itself.
On Cech all i will say about his performance today is that it's coming a little too late in the day. And it's too early for your premature ejaculation. In any case his statistics of conceding 9 goals in 5 matches for a top side speaks for itself.

What claim have I made about Cech other than he just slapped you silly and your fan boys, once again, showed how worthless they are to the team ..., :rotf: :rotf:

No wonder i go soon remind you of your legend who has past his sale date :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

I suspect Azuka and Nkume are tottenham fans who are here to sabotage Arsenal :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
I remember we were struggling in attack one season, and Berbatov was available as stop-gap measure. Azuka claimed he would retard Giroud's development, or something like that :curse: :curse: :curse:
How about the season we were leading, and Walcott was on fire until he had a season-ending injury...just before the winter transfer window....Azuka and co insisted we didn't need to reinforce....of course, the rest is history.

I dey look them with one eye
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

I suspect Azuka and Nkume are tottenham fans who are here to sabotage Arsenal :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
I remember we were struggling in attack one season, and Berbatov was available as stop-gap measure. Azuka claimed he would retard Giroud's development, or something like that :curse: :curse: :curse:
How about the season we were leading, and Walcott was on fire until he had a season-ending injury...just before the winter transfer window....Azuka and co insisted we didn't need to reinforce....of course, the rest is history.

:rotf:

Nkume and Azuka are two certified gas bags :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Chief na to make wild allegations now without proof? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
And talking about stop-gaps, na so una supported us buying Sylvester from Man U we all know how that ended. And oo, Cech another stop-gap cost us Woj who today keeps form Juve. So go figure.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

You give Emery injection of Sodium pentothal and he would eagerly admit he wished Arsenal had cashed in of all of Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil.

You know Emery rues missing out on that 180 MP windfall.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
charlie wrote:Arsenal still havent figured out how to beat the pressing game
Or press effectively.
You what! :shock:

What do you mean?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:You give Emery injection of Sodium pentothal and he would eagerly admit he wished Arsenal had cashed in of all of Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil.

You know Emery rues missing out on that 180 MP windfall.
Not to worry, the club will not give in to Ramsey's demands. His physical output is not what it once was. Arsenal has shed most of its injury prone players, ow needs to shed at least two of the senior attacking players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:Starting line up looks great. Wenger never lost to Everton in 22 years. Dominance. Unia berrer not F-up.
I vividly remember Rooney coming off the bench to score the winner against Arsenal I think the season before he joined United.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

Spot on.

On Xhaka, apart from Cech, he was the next most influential player in our win today. Arsenal changed it second half, pushed our 3 attackers (Ramsey, Auba and Laca) right on Everton's defensive line. Moved Ozil right behind and Xhaka more wide left, I guess to avoid the press. This more aggressive approach paid off. Xhaka especially and Ozil took charge of the game when we were in possession.

Everton, despite having almost all their players behind the ball could not stop us creating chances. Just watch the build up to the goal. It was the first time in the game when we started to play. When we got it right, we won the game.

With Emery now in charge, I try to make sure I am in the stadium for the warm up. I often notice some things that are important for the game tactically. During warm up, Bellerin I noted, was doing very specific drills. He was doing quick one touches, then crossing or crossing passes with his first touch. Mustafi and Sokratis were hitting 30 to 40 yard passes to each other with Xhaka hitting long diagonals.

When the game started, it was clear our tactics was different from the last league game. Ramsey was back to the number 10 role, I guess with Torreira in the team, he felt Ramsey should be more attacking. We were very direct, with a lot of long passes, trying to exploit the spaces behind their wide attackers. We were more successful with this in the left side than right.

The first half was awful, with too many mistakes and misplaced passes. Arsenal used the long passes in this game than others. I could see Emery off his seat demanding the early switch of play, but Everton made us hurry. The stats show we hit 62 long passes, the most Arsenal have attempted in any game this season. In the 1st half we hit 33 long passes, with 16 being successful. In this game, Arsenal tried to penetrate through the outside channels (I.e halfspaces and flanks). I saw it as us wanting to overload those two channels because of Everton's threat in transition with Theo and Richarldson. Without the ball, Richarldson does nothing, Theo tries but, it is also a weakness. We tried to exploit this weaknesses defensively, knowing they are a threat offensively.

Although the 2nd half saw us improve, I thought the improvement was more to do with intensity rather than technically. Under Emery, a pattern of 2nd half improvement has emerged. It is all about reassessing and making corrections or trying something new. Talking about this, I could have sworn, he was about to bring on Iwobi in place of Laca, but Laca scored so he changed his mind.

With or without the ball, the structure of Emery's team is rigid, with every player knowing their respective zones and he expects you to he disciplined and stick to zone to hold the shape. It is only when the ball is in final 3rd of the opposition he allows for fluidity and players inter changing positions. For example, he threw a tantrum when Ozil dropped deep for the ball, this was after he told Ramsey not to do the same. It is like Ozil and Ramsey can only come infield for the ball from the halfway and upwards, not deep in Arsenal's half.

Arsenal did not play well but they won, why? We have 2 strikers who do not need clear chances to score. With those two in the team, Arsenal will always have a chance of beating anyone, but there is still a problem. We are still giving away too many chances per game, this will costs soon.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Starting line up looks great. Wenger never lost to Everton in 22 years. Dominance. Unia berrer not F-up.
Everton beat Arsenal at their ground a few times under Wenger. It is at Highbury and the Emirates that Everton always lost. A few times they shipped in a lot of goals.

My friend let Wenger be. He has done his lot and he is gone. We have a new man now, back him like you backed Wenger. For me, it is straightforward, so long as you are Arsenal, I got your back.

Like Wenger, Emery is a winner, he needs our support and trust. He will get it right. Just move on and support the man and his team.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Azuka and Nkume, Spuds fans. Hilarious! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Spot on.

On Xhaka, apart from Cech, he was the next most influential player in our win today.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

theYemster wrote:
I vividly remember Rooney coming off the bench to score the winner against Arsenal I think the season before he joined United.
At home. Error in my post.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Everton beat Arsenal at their ground a few times under Wenger. It is at Highbury and the Emirates that Everton always lost. A few times they shipped in a lot of goals.

My friend let Wenger be. He has done his lot and he is gone. We have a new man now, back him like you backed Wenger. For me, it is straightforward, so long as you are Arsenal, I got your back.

Like Wenger, Emery is a winner, he needs our support and trust. He will get it right. Just move on and support the man and his team.
Never beat us at home.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:

I thought I was imagining seeing Seaman looking silly after that goal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Chief na to make wild allegations now without proof? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
And talking about stop-gaps, na so una supported us buying Sylvester from Man U we all know how that ended. And oo, Cech another stop-gap cost us Woj who today keeps form Juve. So go figure.

Cech was a fantastic buy. He didnt chase Woj away.
Silvestre? Him and Benayoun were on you and Wenger :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:

Kpom Kwem aka Short and Simple
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
At home. Error in my post.
Dude let it go chief and support the coach,i know you don't like him and feel sad about your man Wenger is gone.
Wenger is gone because of poor results,allow the new coach for the next two years.No need bring Wenger again
Emery was not my choice but I hope he correct some gap mistakes and take us to the next level win league and CL on regular basis and compete.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Why go back that far did not Lukaku and his current Belgium coach beat us very silly in one game like 3 goals