The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
This habit of giving space to man with ball 30yds from our goal is a killer - didn't work under AW - still a problem - they can look up & pick a pass.
Auba to the bench - too many misses.
Team stay off social media till you get points - at least 12pts - too much noise - Not being emotional - bad loss.
After two games. Goodness. :ohmy:
Given how badly we started - then the fightback only for veterans to mess up again. AW trusted these guys & look what happened to him.
Emery has to put the hardworkers in - some of our players though training hard are lacking confidence - this is an unforgiving league.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.

May god help Emery, Arsenal are Liverpool post hodgson level trash.
Beg to differ on the length of time needed - we competed today but the off the ball work defensively is huge but it's tactical call - he's not pressuring man with ball while playing a high line - we've slow central defenders to start with. He thinks arriving @a new club, pick veterans so as not to sow discord amongst the group but i think like you suggested previously he needs to be more pragmatic & pick on merit not reputation.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Whilst he's out there looking for a gig we ought to be using Titi to help work with the strikers as much as possible.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

May god help Emery, Arsenal are Liverpool post hodgson level trash.

Harsh words bro but I think that’s a little much. Emery’s team is not that far off actually. This was a game that begged for Nzonzi . I’m also surprised that for a man who claimed he knew all about Arsenal’s players he couldn’t see that in big games on the road you need more of the Welbeck’s than Ozils or Xhakas.

Nevertheless I’m happy with what he is trying to do and I’m even happier with his bold hanged and how quickly in the game he reacted to them. Wenger would never have made house changes so kudos to him.

I’m cautiously optimistic that better things are on the horizon
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Best game for Guendouzi. I still think it is too early for him to start for Arsenal. The damage has been done now. I hope it doesn't 'damage his career long term. They rushed him. He should be on loan.

SHUT UP PLEASE.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

bepanda wrote:Anyone still believes Aubamayang is a great player?
I don't see anything special in him. Yes, he has speed !!! that's about it.
Some people thought he could score 25 goals per season? ... because he has speed !!! DUH ...
He has very little skill.
All the high ball in the air that Giroud would have stopped ... he doesn't even fight for them. He can barely trap the ball. He is not a good passer, dribbler or shooter ...
As for Ozil ... There were people here celebrating when Arsenal signed him. Despite tons of data showing, he should have been let go.
I said it was Arsenal's worst decision. So far, I have been proven right ...
We have probably seen the last of Bellerin for a while ... He won't start again anytime soon...
I also expect Lacazette to start next game.
Aubamayang is a great player. His performance in Dortmund, Bundesleague and Champions league has proven many times that he is a special talent.
That said, I believe he is in a slump and his confidence is very low. For strikers, its all about confidence, and thats why he cant seem to convert simple sitters that he used to convert 1 year ago with ease.

Be patient with him and keep feeding him. He will turn it around.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Yikes it’s getting ugly in Gunnersphere sha ... some players will not make it this year for this team and all I can say is Good freaking riddance ... on the other hand I really want Unai to succeed .

Hope he mans up and does the right things with no fear :thumb:

MLK.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

DFB President Reinhard Grindel admits to Özil errors

In an interview with Bild, DFB President Reinhard Grindel reiterated his desire to have handled the situation with Mesut Özil differently, saying he thought intensively about it.

"Regarding the racist attacks, I could have taken a clearer position at some points and stood by Mesut Özil," Grindel said. "I should have been clear with my words. Such attacks are completely unacceptable. I regret that he felt deserted by the DFB. It is important to say though, that I said nothing about his sporting performance after the World Cup. For me, it was obvious that we win together and lose together. To make an individual player responsible for our exit would be absurd."
https://www.dw.com/en/dfb-president-rei ... a-45133513
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Disappointing result but I stay optimistic. I like the way the guys fought back. On a different day, Auba would have got a hattrick. On account of chances, we didn't deserve to lose, but the EPL punishes your mistakes.

I'm not going to waste my time criticizing the coach and players. I wish them the very best this season, they will need all the luck they can get.

Credit to Guendozi, Alex, Cech, and Mkhi today, they stood up.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have to be real here. Still a lot of work to be done. Arsenal is not close.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.
My god help Emery, Arsenal are Liverpool post hodgson level trash.
Easy now. Remember Hodgson's Liverpool. Think back again and do it dispassionately. If you do, you know the comparison to Hodgson's Liverpool is an exaggeration. We are miles away from that lot.

Emery has a good group of players who are well capable if top four. The next game against West Ham is important but he needs to make tough decisions and there are signs he is not afraid to do do.

No need to panic in just two games, we need time for the Manager to find the balance between attack and defence. I am not worried at all. So much good in there but friends at the game complained our boys looked tired towards the end, he really needs to give his players a rest also because recovery time is huge in this league.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Disappointing result but I stay optimistic. I like the way the guys fought back. On a different day, Auba would have got a hattrick. On account of chances, we didn't deserve to lose, but the EPL punishes your mistakes.

I'm not going to waste my time criticizing the coach and players. I wish them the very best this season, they will need all the luck they can get.

Credit to Guendozi, Alex, Cech, and Mkhi today, they stood up.
I concur. I think with Guendouzi, providing such deep creativity, he does not need a 4th attacker, all he needs is 3 attackers (and I go with Lacazette as one) provide a balance between attack and defence.

Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

[/video]

These are extended highlights of the Chelshyt games. How can anyone who claims to be of a sound mind continue to abuse HB? :rotf: :rotf:

Morons full this site sha but whatever :rotf:

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:

Easy now. Remember Hodgson's Liverpool. Think back again and do it dispassionately. If you do, you know the comparison to Hodgson's Liverpool is an exaggeration. We are miles away from that lot.

Emery has a good group of players who are well capable if top four. The next game against West Ham is important but he needs to make tough decisions and there are signs he is not afraid to do do.

No need to panic in just two games, we need time for the Manager to find the balance between attack and defence. I am not worried at all. So much good in there but friends at the game complained our boys looked tired towards the end, he really needs to give his players a rest also because recovery time is huge in this league.
They were freaking tired was watching on TV though most especially Papadopoulous.Mustafi was knackered too. something need to be done about Bellerin guy will cost Arsenal.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka
I am not the Coach and to many daft and deluded Gooners he is under pressure. I care for the team and I love this Manager. I am fully behind him, and as you know, he was my choice to replace Wenger.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

They were freaking tired was watching on TV though most especially Papadopoulous.Mustafi was knackered too. something need to be done about Bellerin guy will cost Arsenal.

Again another one who lacks a sound mind .... go and watch more visual evidence to show you are nuts :rotf:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, Torreira did not pull up trees either. The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.

The point is when has he ever performed

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Again another one who lacks a sound mind .... go and watch more visual evidence to show you are nuts :rotf:
Emery has to watch he does not train them too hard in his desperation to impart his ideas. Recovery time is important. I heard he booked another game with Palace, just like he did after the City game. Players need to recover after games, I just hope he does not push the players too hard.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, Torreira did not pull up trees either. The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.

The point is when has he ever performed
Far more times than he did not. That is a fact. This is the reason why he seats on the longest contract at the club. it is in the numbers. You play well I call it, you mess up, I call. I got nothing against any Arsenal player.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, bbecause I expected more from him, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. He was worse than Xhaka. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You are devoid of sound mind too. Must you always curse to pass your message through? Haba.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You are devoid of sound mind too. Must you always curse to pass your message through? Haba.

Hehehehehe na who dey curse you. If you wan make i curse I go show you better curse for ya KPangolo Head .... Yeye Senstivitus .... Oya I don post better video for you to learn something . go watch and mechionu .... egbe Oshi.

It’s open ya sensitive mouth about Bellerin even with visual evidence to show the exact opposite ...
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.