The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Aniks, is there ANYTHiNG that you like about Arsenal these days? Feel free to mention sometime
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Our brother is going to support Madrid ...but like Oloye they will come always to the thread and show us some "critical" love... so we are prepared.

Oloye..come back ooo make we no put you and Aniks for the same group.. ehen.
Me I have resigned myself to a siddon look disgruntled ex fan of Arsenal

Lol...@ siddon look ex come add disgruntled !! abeg Wengerbe don go come back o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Arsenal tour squad: Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Carl Jenkinson and Joel Campbell miss out but Lucas Perez travels

JAMES BENGE

Arsenal have left a quintet of big-name players out of their squad to tour Singapore with their futures looking increasingly uncertain at the club.

Standard Sport understands that Carl Jenkinson, Chuba Akpom, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Joel Campbell and Krystian Bielik have all not been named in Unai Emery’s 25-man party for the trip, which will see them face pre-season friendlies against Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain as part of the International Champions Cup.

All five players appear unlikely to figure in head coach Emery’s plans for next season, with some expected to depart on a permanent basis and others move out on loan.

French playmaker Reine-Adelaide and Polish centre-back Bielik fall into the latter category whilst Akpom is expected to seal a £2million move to Belgian side Sint-Truiden.

READ MORE
Arsenal pre-season friendlies and TV coverage in full
Campbell, heading into the final year of his contract, is also free to pursue a permanent move.

One player who had been expected to depart this summer but will travel to Singapore is Lucas Perez, the Spanish striker who spent last year on loan at Deportivo La Coruna after struggling to impress Arsene Wenger.

In Pictures | Unai Emery's first Arsenal game | 14/07/2018

show all
Lucas has featured more regularly under Emery in pre-season and is understood to be more settled with this manager than he had been previously. However there are as of yet no guarantees that the 29-year-old will stay in north London and any offer is likely to be given serious consideration by the Gunners hierarchy.

Emery’s squad includes a number of the brightest young players at the club, with 17-year-old Emile Smith-Rowe joining Joe Willock, Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson on the plane.

Several of those internationals whose side exited the World Cup will also be travelling, most notably Mesut Ozil, Mohamed Elneny and Alex Iwobi.
You beat me to it Aniks. Was just checking to see if someone had posted. :)

This Joel Campbell is a head scratcher for me. Wetin him do Arsenal now? Haba! :curse: :curse: :curse:
The reality is there is no room for Campbell if the rumor for Coman is true.

Arsenal will have Aubameyang, Lacazette, Perez or Welbeck, Coman, Mikhitryan, Iwobi, Ozil, Nkettiah(sp) that can play in one of the three forward positions.

I don't think Arsenal will sell Bielik or Adelaide. They are probably going out on loan.

But Jenkinson, Akpom and Joel Campbell are out. Mustaffi could also follow. If Ramsey doesn't sign soon. He is also gone.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Watched a bit of Coman vs PSG in a friendly...if we are getting that guy we will pay a pretty penny. Just saying.

P.S Gnarby had a brief showing in the second ..we sold that boy because of Walcott ..SMH
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Gooner_nation, chill pill - Ribery & Robben on their last legs - yet some of y'all have K_Coman @Arsenal cos he liked a tweet. Buy some ice cream people.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Watched a bit of Coman vs PSG in a friendly...if we are getting that guy we will pay a pretty penny. Just saying.

P.S Gnarby had a brief showing in the second ..we sold that boy because of Walcott ..SMH

You mean the guy Waffi called useless and “Conman”? :woot: :rotf: :rotf: Ok oh :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Lazio In for Iwobi ????

LMAO :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

tolahs wrote:Gooner_nation, chill pill - Ribery & Robben on their last legs - yet some of y'all have K_Coman @Arsenal cos he liked a tweet. Buy some ice cream people.
I agree with you , can't see Bayern selling Coman with Robben & Ribery on their last legs. Besides they already sold one headless chicken winger in Douglas Costa last year...gotta have one in the team.
As you can tell, I'm not Kingsley Coman's biggest fan but I agree that Arsenal needs a proper winger so I don't mind a shout at him
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

anikulapo wrote:Lazio In for Iwobi ????

LMAO :lol:
They allow black players at Lazio these days?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Just curious .... Ramshyt has one year left on his contract and no one wants any party of him ? :lol: :lol: ok ohhhh

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Aniks, is there ANYTHiNG that you like about Arsenal these days? Feel free to mention sometime
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Our brother is going to support Madrid ...but like Oloye they will come always to the thread and show us some "critical" love... so we are prepared.

Er get it Right :taunt: Madrid at birth, Arsenal by choice :taunt:

Anyway I think the club is going in the right direction but will be sunk by the two ice bergs known as Ozil and Xhacrap ..:. Get rid of both and add Nzonzi and well .....
I hear you on Xhaka...I have been a big critic but I am also hoping to see a better Xhaka with a proper DM like Torreira playing next to him. Wenger did him no favors with the position he was deployed in last 2 seasons...straight up lunacy.
On Ozil, we disagree. Yes he will never be that player that grabs the game by the proverbial scruff of the neck; however there are few players in the world with a better vision in the attacking game than Ozil. We have looked clueless in the final third for a number of games when he was absent. Key is for Emery to setup a system that maximizes his strengths.
Anyways at the end of the day, I get the feeling that Emery will not cozy up to any player at the detriment of the team. If both players do not perform, they will be dropped! Simple!
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

jdizzy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Anyway I think the club is going in the right direction but will be sunk by the two ice bergs known as Ozil and Xhacrap ..:. Get rid of both and add Nzonzi and well .....
I hear you on Xhaka...I have been a big critic but I am also hoping to see a better Xhaka with a proper DM like Torreira playing next to him. Wenger did him no favors with the position he was deployed in last 2 seasons...straight up lunacy.
On Ozil, we disagree. Yes he will never be that player that grabs the game by the proverbial scruff of the neck; however there are few players in the world with a better vision in the attacking game than Ozil. We have looked clueless in the final third for a number of games when he was absent. Key is for Emery to setup a system that maximizes his strengths.
Anyways at the end of the day, I get the feeling that Emery will not cozy up to any player at the detriment of the team. If both players do not perform, they will be dropped! Simple!

With Ozil, the question will always be: does what he can do, make up for what he doesn’t do?

Answer is a resounding NO.

Totally Overrated and totally not worth the hassle

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

With Ozil, the question will always be: does what he can do, make up for what he doesn’t do?

I believe at long last with Aumb in front and Torr behind him, your question will be answered wit a resounding YES this season. Just have an open mind.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

jdizzy wrote:
tolahs wrote:Gooner_nation, chill pill - Ribery & Robben on their last legs - yet some of y'all have K_Coman @Arsenal cos he liked a tweet. Buy some ice cream people.
I agree with you , can't see Bayern selling Coman with Robben & Ribery on their last legs. Besides they already sold one headless chicken winger in Douglas Costa last year...gotta have one in the team.
As you can tell, I'm not Kingsley Coman's biggest fan but I agree that Arsenal needs a proper winger so I don't mind a shout at him

Like you I've been wishing out loudly for wingers but one has to admit our fanbase has to one of the most susceptible to the clickbait - there're acres of headlines on this kid cos he liked a tweet. Ridiculous.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I've got renewed respect for Mesut & this is bigger than football. Ilkay Gündogan rushed to apologise for photos taken
with Turkish Prez Erdogan but in Ozil's response on his twitter page he puts Merkel & P.M. May in the picture. Too easy to be controlled by P.R. but this kid is being real 'bout this one!!!!

https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mighty Mesut. Fight the good fight lad.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

I believe at long last with Aumb in front and Torr behind him, your question will be answered wit a resounding YES this season. Just have an open mind.

This is pretty rich from someone who regards Peter Cech with the respect due a mound of dog feces :taunt: :taunt: abegi :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:I've got renewed respect for Mesut & this is bigger than football. Ilkay Gündogan rushed to apologise for photos taken
with Turkish Prez Erdogan but in Ozil's response on his twitter page he puts Merkel & P.M. May in the picture. Too easy to be controlled by P.R. but this kid is being real 'bout this one!!!!

You mean Coward right

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Richarlison being touted as a 50 million pound investment, Alderwereild rumored to be for 75 million ... I mean you could go on and on in this inflated market but why is no one after Arsenal’s players with big money????

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:I've got renewed respect for Mesut & this is bigger than football. Ilkay Gündogan rushed to apologise for photos taken

You mean Coward right
I take it you read his tweet. You're way too intelligent & sophisticated to go against that even if his football sickens you. If standing for your roots while showing the double standards of political leaders makes him a coward - we need more.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

You mean Coward right
I take it you read his tweet. You're way too intelligent & sophisticated to go against that even if his football sickens you. If standing for your roots while showing the double standards of political leaders makes him a coward - we need more.
Dude stop being a lineal thinker .

He had been called out in the press and by others to speak up about this issue while it was raging before, during and after the World Cup .

This is nothing more than a Trump like PR stunt .... Again he is a coward .... Gundogan manned up early and squashed it .... this fckless fool hid, just like he does on the field, hoping it would blow over ..:: Abeg make we hear word

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Nuff respect, Mesut!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My boy Alex Iwobi has agree his new improved long term deal. Emery has a lot of time for the kid I hear. He has driven this deal and asked the club not to delay and sort it out. On Emery's insistence, the club met his demands and the deal is agreed.

All these are rumours of course, nothing is done yet. :sneaky:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mighty Mesut take a bow son, take a bow! As a great man once said, ‘if you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything”. Marvellous from Mesut, yes Germany will move on, but by George has he thrown the establishment and those bigoted bast*rds under the spotlight. Could this start a movement of some sort? Akin to those taking a knee in defiance to the deliberate ethnic cleansing of those New York and statewide streets. Social action. Welldone Mesut. Football’s arm is far reaching, imagine it others used this platform to oppose injustices. Granted FIFA vetoes the politicisation of the beautiful game, but f*ck the establishment. Imagine if....aaaaah, why bother, they’re not the same. #DNA. Welldone Mesut. Soldier.