The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Reiss Nelson continues to make a name for himself. He scored two after Hoffenheim went an early goal down and they ended up winning 3-1.

Hopefully the foolish coach keeps him in the starting lineup now
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

18 years old

Played only 163 out 720 minutes

Four Bundesliga games and Four Goals

Not bad for REISS NELSON :thumbs:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:18 years old

Been following Reid's. He and his friend Jaydon are doing well. Long may he continue.

On our youth, we lost Kwame, but Freddie is doing a good job. He knows what playing for Arsenal is about and he instills these into the players.

One thing is, the club are relying on the youth cos they want to save money. So they will all get their chances.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Been following Reid's. He and his friend Jaydon are doing well. Long may he continue.

On our youth, we lost Kwame, but Freddie is doing a good job. He knows what playing for Arsenal is about and he instills these into the players.

One thing is, the club are relying on the youth cos they want to save money. So they will all get their chances.

Yeah it might be hard to keep Freddie ..:: but I guess he knows If he leaves AGAIN :mrgreen: he might not be welcomed back if things go under like they did with Jonker :woot: so maybe he might chill for at least another year because he is doing well with this crop of youngsters

Forgiving Godfather Arsene don leave :woot: and the new crop don’t look like they mess around :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

As for Reiss I won’t be surprised if it’s external pressure that forced the coach’s hand ... how many times here did I report watching Hoffenheim games and waiting in vain as he was parked on the bench even though he was playing well any time he came on .

ANWYAY I’m happy he is becoming undroppable and hopefully will play in the champions league game coming up

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Yeah it might be hard to keep Freddie ..:: but I guess he knows If he leaves AGAIN :mrgreen: he might not be welcomed back if things go under like they did with Jonker :woot: so maybe he might chill for at least another year because he is doing well with this crop of youngsters

Forgiving Godfather Arsene don leave :woot: and the new crop don’t look like they mess around :mrgreen:
True dat! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But it can backfire with Agents all powerful in the game today.

You notice FIFA have now decided to go back to the old days of Agents control. But this time, the rules are going to be tougher.

Arsenal feel they can get away with upsetting Ramsey's Agent. I hope they are right.

Like I said here many times, Arsenal must have a plan, we must all hope it works out.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:As for Reiss I won’t be surprised if it’s external pressure that forced the coach’s hand ... how many times here did I report watching Hoffenheim games and waiting in vain as he was parked on the bench even though he was playing well any time he came on .

ANWYAY I’m happy he is becoming undroppable and hopefully will play in the champions league game coming up
My bro, Reiss' agent is aggressive. He had him out of the door but for the player and his family because Arsenal will not break its youth team wage structure. The same reason they lost out on Raheem Sterling when he joined Liverpool from QPR. BTW! Sterling is one of many, but only Sterling has made it real big to show Arsenal made a mistake.

Arsenal have one huge advantage with youth, they are the only top 4 club that will take chances with youth players and even lose points because of this decision.

Parents believe Arsenal will give their sons the opportunity, so most of them turn down other clubs who offer more money to their kids.

But this is changing as clubs are now looking to copy the Arsenal youth model. Celtic stole one of our best youth players from last season and I am still livid about it. More importantly, FIFA is proposing a new rules on loaning out youth players. In effect they want to stop clubs hoarding youth talent, using the loan scheme to showcase them and selling for a profit. They want to make sure other Academies get top quality youth because they can offer first team football even if they cannot pay top wages.

Reiss signed the contract before he went on loan. But he did because he is a Gooner who believed his club will give him his chance. However, we must not kid ourselves, this is football, players take care of number one. Arsenal must take care of him and make sure he gets his opportunities because it does not take much for Agents to get in their ears. Like Oxlade, if a player becomes fed up, forget about being a Gooner, they move on.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Can this be true?

I hope he turns both of them down.

Arsene, if you have to chose, please chose Madrid. I would rather support you at Real Madrid than seeing you working for that jailbird Uli Hoeness.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

True dat! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But it can backfire with Agents all powerful in the game today.

You notice FIFA have now decided to go back to the old days of Agents control. But this time, the rules are going to be tougher.

Arsenal feel they can get away with upsetting Ramsey's Agent. I hope they are right.

Like I said here many times, Arsenal must have a plan, we must all hope it works out.

I’m still shocked it’s taken this long. It’s appaling what these greedy pricks have been doing ... Just lining their pockets and fleecing clubs without any care for the career of their clients. Anyway make we watch because the charlatans at FIFA and UEFA are just as crooked

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote: Can this be true?

Arsene, if you have to chose, please chose Madrid. I would rather support you at Real Madrid than seeing you working for that jailbird Uli Hoeness.
Waffi?

Best thing for ya hero is to sit his skinny old nyash for TV booth :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:As for Reiss I won’t be surprised if it’s external pressure that forced the coach’s hand ... how many times here did I report watching Hoffenheim games and waiting in vain as he was parked on the bench even though he was playing well any time he came on .

My bro, Reiss' agent is aggressive. He had him out of the door but for the player and his family because Arsenal will not break its youth team wage structure. The same reason they lost out on Raheem Sterling when he joined Liverpool from QPR. BTW! Sterling is one of many, but only Sterling has made it real big to show Arsenal made a mistake.

Arsenal have one huge advantage with youth, they are the only top 4 club that will take chances with youth players and even lose points because of this decision.

Parents believe Arsenal will give their sons the opportunity, so most of them turn down other clubs who offer more money to their kids.

But this is changing as clubs are now looking to copy the Arsenal youth model. Celtic stole one of our best youth players from last season and I am still livid about it. More importantly, FIFA is proposing a new rules on loaning out youth players. In effect they want to stop clubs hoarding youth talent, using the loan scheme to showcase them and selling for a profit. They want to make sure other Academies get top quality youth because they can offer first team football even if they cannot pay top wages.

Reiss signed the contract before he went on loan. But he did because he is a Gooner who believed his club will give him his chance. However, we must not kid ourselves, this is football, players take care of number one. Arsenal must take care of him and make sure he gets his opportunities because it does not take much for Agents to get in their ears. Like Oxlade, if a player becomes fed up, forget about being a Gooner, they move on.

I agree with everything you have said :thumb: :thumb: like I’ve said before when you stop stubbornly defending scrub players you always be correct guy :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wenger might be real new coach after el classico ....
Good luck to Madrid they are about to start playing beautiful football.
Bayern begging him but Wenger want to coach in January after Christmas.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Please, let him go to Bayern, if he can take Ozil and Ramsey with him. In fact, he can go to Tottenham with those 2 sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I go add Xhaka just to annoy Waffiman.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Please, let him go to Bayern, if he can take Ozil and Ramsey with him. In fact, he can go to Tottenham with those 2 sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I go add Xhaka just to annoy Waffiman.

JESU

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not annoyed at all. Why should I be? I am just happy for the man. I wish the man all the best. If you ask me, I think he us rushing in too early. I wish he stayed away for at least a year.

As you know, I am forever thankful for what he made Arsenal. His genius built the modern Arsenal. A truly warm, kind and wonderful man who changed so many lives for the better.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Not annoyed at all. Why should I be? I am just happy for the man. I wish the man all the best. If you ask me, I think he us rushing in too early. I wish he stayed away for at least a year.

As you know, I am forever thankful for what he made Arsenal. His genius built the modern Arsenal. A truly warm, kind and wonderful man who changed so many lives for the better.
Wayo man, i am not disputing your thesis about what Wenger has done. I am saying he should please take Ozil, Ramsey, and even Xhaka with him...to Bayern, Madrid, Tottenham, Commentator's booth, retirement, anywhere :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Funny thing is I agree with you. He should wait till next summer, but football has never worked the way I am proposing so I understand him considering the jobs on offer.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Wayo man, i am not disputing your thesis about what Wenger has done. I am saying he should please take Ozil, Ramsey, and even Xhaka with him...to Bayern, Madrid, Tottenham, Commentator's booth, retirement, anywhere :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Ozil, Germany are begging to return. Even Wenger dey take style beg Ozil to return. Wenger must not come anywhere near our players or else I go fight am personally.

As for Ramsey, your favourite :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: nor worry, he don go.

But Xhaka is misunderstood. Just have a look at this.

Xhaka's greatest value to the team, his effect on build-up and progression is only surpassed by the Chelsea's imperious Jorginho.

Remember my analysis in the summer, when I said, Torreira will free Xhaka because teams will be forced to press him too. Pressing Torreira gives Xhaka space to play, simultaneously, pressing Xhaka gives Torreira space to play. I have seen this at the Emirates, I remember Torreira coming as a sub and being left alone, he was dictating play cos there was no pressure on him, the opposition (I think West Ham) manager changed it by asking for Torreira to be pressed or marked. This made us better cos it now meant Xhaka and Torreira as a collective, played better. This is making Arsenal better.

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he is key.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Ozil, Germany are begging to return. Even Wenger dey take style beg Ozil to return. Wenger must not come anywhere near our players or else I go fight am personally.

As for Ramsey, your favourite :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: nor worry, he don go.

Xhaka's greatest value to the team, his effect on build-up and progression is only surpassed by the Chelsea's imperious Jorginho. Remember my analysis in the summer, when I said, Torreira will free Xhaka because teams will be forced to press him too. Pressing Torreira give Xhaka space to play, simultaneously, pressing Xhaka gives Torreira space to play. This is making Arsenal better.

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he us key.

Ok, we go manage Xhaka for the time being :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi?

Xhaka's greatest value to the team, his effect on build-up and progression is only surpassed by the Chelsea's imperious Jorginho. Remember my analysis in the summer, when I said, Torreira will free Xhaka because teams will be forced to press him too. Pressing Torreira give Xhaka space to play, simultaneously, pressing Xhaka gives Torreira space to play. This is making Arsenal better.

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he us key.

Ok, we go manage Xhaka for the time being :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nope. He is here to stay for good. Imagine a 4-3-3 with Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka. Don't forget Niles in this equation.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I don't see how either of these teams sign Wenger. It is agent BS or just lazy journalism.
Wenger 's main philosophy is to play beautiful football. These teams only want Wins. Beautiful football is secondary.
Wenger will try to sign players like Ozil and build teams around them. Ozil would never fit in either of these teams.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Wenger might be real new coach after el classico ....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:I don't see how either of these teams sign Wenger. It is agent BS or just lazy journalism.
Wenger 's main philosophy is to play beautiful football. These teams only want Wins. Beautiful football is secondary.
Wenger will try to sign players like Ozil and build teams around them. Ozil would never fit in either of these teams.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:Wenger might be real new coach after el classico ....
Chief I hope you know after we pressure the club to sacked Wenger,Wenger is not happy and likely learn that its not just about playing beautiful football but win the dam competition.He regret staying too long and want to return back,usually you will expect him to take a year break.
Club like Bayern want beautiful football while wining also,they have the money to do that with Wenger.As for likes of Ozil those club will not give him power to sign such player if it doesn't fit into their system.Real or Bayern will not give Wenger total control of their club like how beloved allow him to run the club.Players like Ozil Ramsey will fit into Bayern and Real if Wenger want them,the teams are loaded and can afford such luxury players still win big title,Germany did it,Wales last euro Ramsey was their star man and went further in the competition only stop by the winner .Wishing him good luck,he will be in Barcelona to watch the El-classico
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal boss Unai Emery says his team must improve in several areas if they are to catch the Premier League's frontrunners - despite their fine form.

A win over Leicester City on Monday (20:00 BST) would give the Gunners a 10th straight victory, their best sequence of results since October 2007.

However Emery, whose side could move into third with a victory by four goals, is still demanding more.

"We need to get better in a lot of things now," Emery said.
◾Arsenal v Leicester - preview, stats and managers' quotes

"It is our best target now, don't stop. Think and analyse with the players to improve."

Since defeat to Manchester City and Chelsea in the opening two games of the season, the Spaniard - who joined Arsenal in May - has steered his new club to victories in every game.

But Emery is conscious Arsenal are still playing catch-up with those two clubs - with leaders City five points ahead of his side and Chelsea three clear.

"We need to carry on to find our best individual and collective performance to stay close to them," he added.

"They are two teams in form and with more points than us. Their qualities and performances are very, very high. But also we are improving our things.