The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by cchinukw »

tolahs wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Quite comical to see Jean Michael Seri end up at Fulham after being linked to just about every top club this window. Clearly his agent must have been the one cooking up those stories
Like you, i did several takes - strange one. Wilshire's a similar case - PSG, Juve ending up with the Hammers - wow.
Wilshere has found his current level.

After those injuries, he needs to rediscover what made him such a focus of great potential.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
charlie wrote:How the hell does Emre sign Torreira over Ndidi?
Emmm Leceister or Ndidi ask for a move to Arsenal ? Just trying to understand your question o
Sorry I should have been clearer.

Arsenal was on the market for a DM and specifically Ndidi just before the WC
https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/01/arsenal- ... i-7432766/

Obviously, Emre decided to go for Torreira instead, which for me is suprising since Torriera is unproven in English football and costs more than a proven Ndidi.

Anyway sha, we shall see.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
While Wenger would often quietly observe training sessions and allow his players to get on with it, Emery seems eager to micro-manage and get the details right straight away.
I stopped reading when I saw that someone was using caughtoffside as a source
And your point? Facts are facts. This from the UK Mirror :

"3. The hands-on approach

Arsene Wenger wasn't a particularly hands-on boss.

Of course he oversaw training sessions, but he wasn't known for getting his hands dirty, unlike the man who has now replaced him.

For want of a better expression, Emery is an anorak, and likes to be involved in all areas of the management process: from looking back over videos to rolling up his sleeves on the training ground.

On Tuesday he rounded the troops - who he has worked with for years - for a chat, and apparently made it clear where anyone who doesn't agree with him can go.
5. Plenty of work still to be done
Of course the bulk of the team haven't returned to north London yet, and the players who have have only been in training for a few days.

But already it seems Emery and Forsythe don't suffer fools lightly."

[url]https://www.

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-training-5-things-noticed-12889652[/url]

He wasn’t an active, hands on manager based on who ? Caughtoffside?

Dude give it a rest ... nothing more to say here.

This is the biggest load of bullocks ever written. Of all the things written against Arsene, not being an active coach is the least of those homie ... please check ya sources
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na new regime, so no matter how old the old is, it becomes new. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But 95% plus of the back room staff still remain the same. Even amongst the coaching staff, a quick check should make it evident that apart from Emery's core coaching crew he takes everywhere like all top coaches, the rest are all Wenger's appointments. Llungberg replaces Lehmann.

The fitness and physo, one change due to one leaving for Man City.

Medical, one change. Gary Lewin's replacement.

Youth team no changes yet. Glad to see Ryan Garry, a favourite, I knew as youth player, then played for senior team still a part of the youth set up. Another Arsenal youth, Jwame Ampadu seems to have replaced Banfield as head Coach.

Many reckon Neil Banfield and his Assistant will go after an agreement is reached between them and the club. It is a messy one, club taking disciplinary due to McGuane complaints about bullying making him leave the club for Barca. Banfield and co have fought these claims vigorously and it is rumoured Arsenal have problems with the way the issue has been handled.

Victor Manas, one of Emery's staff has joined the Analytics team. Overall, Emery has come in with 5 staff, replacing 5 that have left.

The fact remain, very little has changed at Arsenal. Those who run the club have got what they wanted, an evolutionary process of change from Wenger to Emery.

Are Arsenal better for the new structure that has been gradually introduced for 2 years now? In my opinion, yes. Why? We now have a delegated structure, one man no longer runs the club, bottom up. It is the way a modern football club should be run. Even if Wenger was still there, he would have had to adapt, or leave.

Emery is responsible for coaching and preparing the team for match days. He also has an input into the youth teams. There is talk That he can recommend a a player but club has no obligation to buy. He can request a certain type of player but the club at any one time has recommendations from the scouting team and the Coach. Their choicescare the club's choices. These are the rumours out there.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

@Waffiman, has Emery spoken about plans for Iwobi?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

charlie wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Emmm Leceister or Ndidi ask for a move to Arsenal ? Just trying to understand your question o

Obviously, Emre decided to go for Torreira instead, which for me is suprising since Torriera is unproven in English football and costs more than a proven Ndidi.

As far as I heard, Arsenal were not in for Ndidi. They did not make any firm enquiry. They have looked at him, even before he joined Leicester, but never firmed up their interest.

Emery did not decide to go for Torreira. Arsenal were already in discussions for the player, long before Emery became head Coach. The new Head Coach does not sign players anymore, and we now know this started when Wenger was still there, with StatDNA. It is committee of experts led by the head of scouting - Milistant, with full involvement of the Head Coach.

BTW: Arsenal made Torreira enquiries in the January windows.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

charlie wrote:@Waffiman, has Emery spoken about plans for Iwobi?
As far As I know, Alex is firmly in Emery's plans. Indeed the club see him as a big part of their future but he must continue to progress. Like every player, he must show the new Head Coach he has what it takes but he has a huge advantage, Arsenal do not mess with their Academy graduates, as far as I know, Emery is under pressure from the Board to increase the quota of Academy players in the squad. I know a lot of the Academy boys are expectant for the season cos of this very issue.

If Alex leaves, then it will be because the player wants out. Not the club. This is the way I see it. I say this because Alex's dad is loyal to Wenger like most Nigerian parents at the club. If they become suspicious or unhappy with the post Wenger regime, Arsenal, who do not pay the highest, will have problems keeping these players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/ ... ene-wenger

I’ve made fun of the noise some fans are making of this years so called transfer season of scrubs and people no other top teams want, but when you compare it to last seasons abomination, I can now appreciate the euphoria ...

Wenger was a disgrace in the end ... TUFIAKWA
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

I am hoping for Reine Adelaide to pan out. Hope he can replace my favorite About Diaby.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/ ... ene-wenger

I’ve made fun of the noise some fans are making of this years so called transfer season of scrubs and people no other top teams want, but when you compare it to last seasons abomination, I can now appreciate the euphoria ...

We all know what decided all of this was money. The Board insisted on money coming in after certain purchases I.e. Lacazette. Arsenal had to meet the wages to revenue ratio, without CL it meant players had to be got rid off.

Selling players is a 3 way agreement, Arsenal cannot throw away money, so they must get value for players sales. It means they cannot do a City and just write off players. Arsenal told City what they wanted for Sanchez, they played hard ball. Eventually, they came up with the money but Lemar was vexed at being messed about. In an attempt to raise money, they reluctantly put Elneny, Chambers etc up for sale. Elneny refused to join Leicester, palace will not pony up for Chambers, etc. I use this two players cos I am glad, we did not sell them.

Now you want to blame Wenger. I know why he kept Chambers. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The same Chambers extended his contract on a short term basis, this meant Arsenal will get real value if they decide to sell again, but the kid got his chance and played excellent. He played excellent enough to sign a new 5 year contract.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:I am hoping for Reine Adelaide to pan out. Hope he can replace my favorite About Diaby.
If he stays injury free, he will definitely be a star. He is just too talented not to make it. Also has a spot on attitude.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/ ... ene-wenger

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Waffiman wrote:
charlie wrote:@Waffiman, has Emery spoken about plans for Iwobi?
As far As I know, Alex is firmly in Emery's plans. Indeed the club see him as a big part of their future but he must continue to progress. Like every player, he must show the new Head Coach he has what it takes but he has a huge advantage, Arsenal do not mess with their Academy graduates, as far as I know, Emery is under pressure from the Board to increase the quota of Academy players in the squad. I know a lot of the Academy boys are expectant for the season cos of this very issue.

If Alex leaves, then it will be because the player wants out. Not the club. This is the way I see it. I say this because Alex's dad is loyal to Wenger like most Nigerian parents at the club. If they become suspicious or unhappy with the post Wenger regime, Arsenal, who do not pay the highest, will have problems keeping these players.

Thanks bro!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal at 25-1 to win the title next season. Given the new spine to go with our attack, I consider those odds generous.
It might be worth taking a punt at those odds.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

We all know what decided all of this was money. The Board insisted on money coming in after certain purchases I.e. Lacazette. Arsenal had to meet the wages to revenue ratio, without CL it meant players had to be got rid off.

Selling players is a 3 way agreement, Arsenal cannot throw away money, so they must get value for players sales. It means they cannot do a City and just write off players. Arsenal told City what they wanted for Sanchez, they played hard ball. Eventually, they came up with the money but Lemar was vexed at being messed about. In an attempt to raise money, they reluctantly put Elneny, Chambers etc up for sale. Elneny refused to join Leicester, palace will not pony up for Chambers, etc. I use this two players cos I am glad, we did not sell them.

Now you want to blame Wenger. I know why he kept Chambers. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The same Chambers extended his contract on a short term basis, this meant Arsenal will get real value if they decide to sell again, but the kid got his chance and played excellent. He played excellent enough to sign a new 5 year contract.

You be my guy but you’re talking rubbish .... they sold Giroud and Theo in January as well as the Ox in the first window. If you do your work early and stop dithering, and then later scrambling, then You won’t have the problems this club always has in the windows under Arsene ... sans David D.

Sorry Waffi I’m not buying ya fable ..: I mean tori :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal at 25-1 to win the title next season. Given the new spine to go with our attack, I consider those odds generous.

Which spine?

Tiny Terrier who will need time to adjust

90 year right back

50 year old Dortmund defender

Klarus Part II goalie :taunt: (I kid)

So which kin spine una buy :mrgreen:

Y’all better pray Young Greek boy Mavropanos steps up

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal at 25-1 to win the title next season. Given the new spine to go with our attack, I consider those odds generous.

It should be like 60-1

Arsenal only upgrade in Torreria. He will need time to adjust to the EPL.

Ramsey future is uncertain.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

tolahs wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Quite comical to see Jean Michael Seri end up at Fulham after being linked to just about every top club this window. Clearly his agent must have been the one cooking up those stories
Like you, i did several takes - strange one. Wilshire's a similar case - PSG, Juve ending up with the Hammers - wow.
The Hammers is Wilshere's level over the last 2 plus seasons. He is a good player but not the hyped level. Injuries added to his issues and stunted his growth. An adjustment to his style of play which attracts kicks would help him prolong his career.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
tolahs wrote:
The Hammers is Wilshere's level over the last 2 plus seasons. He is a good player but not the hyped level. Injuries added to his issues and stunted his growth. An adjustment to his style of play which attracts kicks would help him prolong his career.
Hoepfully he listen and his uncles here take the message to him.He need to adjust his game
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

charlie wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

LCFC would've asked for a lot for Ndidi - he does the job of 2 for them - way more expensive.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You be my guy but you’re talking rubbish .... they sold Giroud and Theo in January as well as the Ox in the first window. If you do your work early and stop dithering, and then later scrambling, then You won’t have the problems this club always has in the windows under Arsene ... sans David D.

In the last 2 windows, the club has parted company with 12 players. This window will see more go. It is obvious there was a plan to do exactly this without CL money and the need to rebuild the squad.

Arsenal made a profit in those windows and had money kept behind to buy the players we have bought so far. Call it dithering or whatever you want. It is the deals they have made that has put us in the position we are in with the player we got as replacement.

Have a look at what we sold and what has come in. We have done great business. Finally the rebuilding is almost done, let's see what the new season brings.

I am optimistic for top 4. Anything else is a bonus.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Which spine?

Tiny Terrier who will need time to adjust

90 year right back

50 year old Dortmund defender

Klarus Part II goalie :taunt: (I kid)

So which kin spine una buy :mrgreen:

Y’all better pray Young Greek boy Mavropanos steps up
Chambers will step up. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

In the last 2 windows, the club has parted company with 12 players. This window will see more go. It is obvious there was a plan to do exactly this without CL money and the need to rebuild the squad.

Arsenal made a profit in those windows and had money kept behind to buy the players we have bought so far. Call it dithering or whatever you want. It is the deals they have made that has put us in the position we are in with the player we got as replacement.

Have a look at what we sold and what has come in. We have done great business. Finally the rebuilding is almost done, let's see what the new season brings.

I am optimistic for top 4. Anything else is a bonus.
Again what does all this have to do with the fact that Arsenal jacked up the summer transfer window and then compounded things by giving a new over the top contract to a Bonafide Loser, and thereby upsetting their wage structure for years to come .... Just be honest for once ... Mezut Ozil has been a disaster for Arsenal ... Worst Transfer signing of all time compounded by the worst extension ever ....

One day alexis Sánchez will tell the truth of the contempt he has for that tosser :idea:

MLK.