The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:Based on his performance on both the chelsea game and tonight's game, Iwobi deserves to start ahead of Ramsey
In what role exactly? Iwobi is a wide forward, Ramsey is not a wide forward. They both play completely different roles in the team. You cannot replace an apple with an orange and expect it to taste the same. Iwobi and Ramsey are not competing for the same spot in the team, so it cannot be an issue of one deserving to start ahead of the other.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:I thought Waffi said Iwobi was sick? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
who dey show am online for Yankee?
Uncle, I just dey hunt for online links o. This is really annoying what they did with the European TV rights this year. :boo: :boo:

Univision is showing. Waffi might be right re Iwobi. maybe he is sick, or just slow getting his groove.
I did not just say he was sick, I revealed his illness. I should not have done that and got into a bit of wahala, which I had to apologise for. Next time, I will not. Forget might be right. I was 100% right. My source is as good as the proverbial horse's mouth.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:This Arsenal defense sha,.... :blush: :blush:
Chief its a blessing we are in Europa that we can clean it up before knoc out stage.Imagine this team was playing Real or barca,God help us ooooh.

Oga Kaji,..I think they just tuned off. It happens when you are ahead big. That said, there are goals and there are goals...some of them you shake your head and say well done. Others, you just shake your head.

That last goal was the later....
:agree: but arsenal every game something is wrong with the players...We are a poor team and need to wake up before knockout stage with some good teams from CL making knock out stage after finish third.

Oga Charlie how do you see your team without Ronaldo?I think your team will struggle in knock out stage without Zidan....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:Based on his performance on both the chelsea game and tonight's game, Iwobi deserves to start ahead of Ramsey
He deserved to start no doubt but he is not playing same position as Ransey that I also believe should not be starting....
Iwobi deserved to start ahead of Ozil but knowing the club with paying such an amount for a Ozil a week will start him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks, my predicted line up for Sunday is Xhaka and 10 others, as yet unknown. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Maybe now we will appreciate Xhaka more. He has to cover Guendouzi, who is not the best defensively. The kid actually played very well, until he and Elneny got caught out for that 2nd goal.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Aniks, my predicted line up for Sunday is Xhaka and 10 others, as yet unknown. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As usual you can’t help your premature ejaculation. Xhacrap has one good half of football against the Mighty Toon army and you’re already soiling your pants :rotf:

Unlike you, I call it like I see it and don’t remain obtuse when it hinges on madness and delusion.

And oh for all you HB haters, Una see where all the goals by the Mighty Ukrainian Side come from? Yeah if to say na Bellerin dey play, the goats wey no get balls to talk directly to Anikulapo go dey flap dem fat lips.

Cowards :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Maybe now we will appreciate Xhaka more. He has to cover Guendouzi, who is not the best defensively. The kid actually played very well, until he and Elneny got caught out for that 2nd goal.

Negro please. He had one half against Newcastle .... give it a rest homie
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

just one question. where were defenders like Sokratis when were buying dross like Mustafi.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Maybe now we will appreciate Xhaka more. He has to cover Guendouzi, who is not the best defensively. The kid actually played very well, until he and Elneny got caught out for that 2nd goal.

Negro please. He had one half against Newcastle .... give it a rest homie
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:just one question. where were defenders like Sokratis when were buying dross like Mustafi.
Their clubs will not sell at a price we can afford. Look at Auba. The price we paid and the price Dortmund wanted just 6 months earlier. Look at Mikh, we lost out to ManU, just like we lost out on Kante to Chelsea.

When we got Mustafi, he was last choice after we missed out on all choices before. Mustafi is not a bad player BTW! On his day he can be very good.

Sokratis is a good player, who is now at his peak as a CD, but nowhere near what we consider as the best, yet. I hope he progresses and becomes a top player, we desperately need it.

As my Gooners pals were chatting recently, none of our current defenders, apart from a peak Kos, will even seat on the bench when we talk of our great defenders. We know where we are lacking, it is why we need to swallow our pride and be pragmatic. It is why our forwards and midfield must do better defensively for the team. Emery recognises this, and you can see he is being pragmatic and defensive in his approach.

One of the top qualities of Sokratis is his ability to play the left and right centre half (CH) positions and be equally effective. There are few CDs with such quality. But this quality, plus his leadership and organisational attributes now make him, IMHO, our most important player.

With Mustafi, who must play at left CH, Sokratis play right CH, when the line up came out yesterday, I immediately pointed out to my friends, Sokratis will have to play left CH because Holding is not the best at Right CH. I know we did not play a top team, I thought Holding was was good last night.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@afcstuff:
Xhaka on least intelligent: “I haven’t known Matteo Guendouzi that long. He’s only been here for three months but I don’t think he stayed at school too long! He just doesn’t think too much before he does things!”

How does a veteran even dare answer that - It cannot be construed as an attempt at Comedy. Poor judgement.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:just one question. where were defenders like Sokratis when were buying dross like Mustafi.
Their clubs will not sell at a price we can afford. Look at Auba. The price we paid and the price Dortmund wanted just 6 months earlier. Look at Mikh, we lost out to ManU, just like we lost out on Kante to Chelsea.

When we got Mustafi, he was last choice after we missed out on all choices before. Mustafi is not a bad player BTW! On his day he can be very good.

Sokratis is a good player, who is now at his peak as a CD, but nowhere near what we consider as the best, yet. I hope he progresses and becomes a top player, we desperately need it.

As my Gooners pals were chatting recently, none of our current defenders, apart from a peak Kos, will even seat on the bench when we talk of our great defenders. We know where we are lacking, it is why we need to swallow our pride and be pragmatic. It is why our forwards and midfield must do better defensively for the team. Emery recognises this, and you can see he is being pragmatic and defensive in his approach.

One of the top qualities of Sokratis is his ability to play the left and right centre half (CH) positions and be equally effective. There are few CDs with such quality. But this quality, plus his leadership and organisational attributes now make him, IMHO, our most important player.

With Mustafi, who must play at left CH, Sokratis play right CH, when the line up came out yesterday, I immediately pointed out to my friends, Sokratis will have to play left CH because Holding is not the best at Right CH. I know we did not play a top team, I thought Holding was was good last night.

Er Mustafi is a right footer and has even played Right fullback for Germany .... he plays on the right side for Arsenal as a center back :idea: You no see am. Without google and the stats from others your eye no sabi football :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
In what role exactly? Iwobi is a wide forward, Ramsey is not a wide forward. They both play completely different roles in the team. You cannot replace an apple with an orange and expect it to taste the same. Iwobi and Ramsey are not competing for the same spot in the team, so it cannot be an issue of one deserving to start ahead of the other.
Yes he should start ahead of Ramsey. I didnt mention position for a reason. If Ramsey doesnt start Özil is moving central then Iwobi will play wide
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:@afcstuff:
Xhaka on least intelligent: “I haven’t known Matteo Guendouzi that long. He’s only been here for three months but I don’t think he stayed at school too long! He just doesn’t think too much before he does things!”

How does a veteran even dare answer that - It cannot be construed as an attempt at Comedy. Poor judgement.
It says a lot about(not so well though) about the educated Xhaka than Guendouzi. The kid just turned 18 for god sake and I doubt if he knows how to express himself in any other language besides French(maybe arabic).

Now I can understand why even snails are always picking his pocket and he is always giving the ball back to the opponents :rotf: :rotf: He was thinking :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Emery needs to bloody grow some balla and play Auba and Laca together up front.

A 3-5-2 will be a good way to play 2 strikers, and maintain a solid midfield. I no be coach, but this would be my line-up.

Leno

Holding (Kos when ready) Sokratis Monreal

Torriera Xhaka

Bellerin Ozil Rambo/Mhki/Iwobi

Lacazette Auba
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Aniks, my predicted line up for Sunday is Xhaka and 10 others, as yet unknown. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As usual you can’t help your premature ejaculation. Xhacrap has one good half of football against the Mighty Toon army and you’re already soiling your pants :rotf:

Unlike you, I call it like I see it and don’t remain obtuse when it hinges on madness and delusion.

And oh for all you HB haters, Una see where all the goals by the Mighty Ukrainian Side come from? Yeah if to say na Bellerin dey play, the goats wey no get balls to talk directly to Anikulapo go dey flap dem fat lips.

Cowards :roll:
As for Bellerin haters, most of them are so wrong it is beyond a joke.

The irony is, Bellerin now suffers from a system of play pioneered and introduced to this league by Arsenal.

Do you remember how Henry, Cole and Pires used to murder RBs and RW back in the day? Remember how Arsenal will overload the left side, with Henry, Cole and Pires. They used to say, Arsenal probe on the right, then devastate from the left.

Now watch most teams in this league all do what Arsenal did back in the day. No team has a Pires or Henry, but the RB and RWB is the most difficult position to play in the EPL. Why? It has so many of best Wide Forwards and Forwards drifting in and out with their FBs, as trams constantly overloading that side.

But Bellerin has the added problem of a lack of cover at a time when teams tend to target his side to attack. Let's be clear and objective, most teams in the EPL tend to concede the most goals from their right side and Arsenal are no different. But, Bellerin has Ozil in front of him, with a midfield that is attack minded. Pires did not bother defensively but we had the likes of Parlour, Llungberg, Vieira, Gilberto, Petit and Edu in our midfield. Even Giles Grimandi and Van Bronkhurst were better defensively than what we currently have, let alone Flamini. Bellerin has no such luxuries.

Even more difficult when you are expected to get up and down like he does, it is incredible the energy Hector has to bomb up and down. But Hector has always been one of the most involved players in moves that lead to goals. So his contribution is always significant at both ends of the pitch. We have got an outstanding young player on a long contract and should support him without reservations.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Yes he should start ahead of Ramsey. I didnt mention position for a reason. If Ramsey doesnt start Özil is moving central then Iwobi will play wide
But Ozil moving central does not mean he plays a similar position and role to Ramsey. Ramsey played 2 games as number 10, it was a disaster. He has since played in his best position and role for Arsenal - which is the number 8. Moving Ozil central will be as the number 10, which he plays from his wide right position. Arsenal's forwards are fluid, always inter changing positions, so Ozil starting wide right does not mean he plays there. Above all, Ozil is not a number 8 and he cannot play as a number 8.

If you opt to do away with Ramsey in the number 8 role, how do you then play and with what formation and team? In a 4-3-3 without Ramsey, I will play Guendouzi instead. I will move Xhaka into the 8, or even play Guendouzi there.

The bottom line is, how do you replace Ramsey's qualities and improve the team as a consequence. If you cannot do this with the current players, then you wait till you have the player(s) to improve the team without Ramsey.

Go and do an analysis of the team without and with Ramsey. You will find, we win far more games with him in the team, his addition makes us a better team. I am not happy with the way the player us holding us to ransom, and I want him dropped, but I concede his role in the success of the team.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:@afcstuff:

You sure he said all this about the kid?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Raul Sanllehi - the new head of football at Arsenal - is hoping to reunite Sevilla's Argentina midfielder Ever Banega, 30, with manager Unai Emery at Emirates Stadium.
Sanllehi is also interested in Boca Juniors' 22-year-old Argentine forward Cristian Pavon.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha says he was "living in hell" during his time at Manchester United. The 25-year-old Ivory Coast international made two league appearances for United in a two-year spell at Old Trafford.He says at one time he beg Wenger when Arsenal came to old Trafford to sign him but the French man was not interested.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

U-23 won well today. Arsenal 4 - Liverpool 0

Willock again among the goals. The guy needs a loan move to the championship.

Arsenal women on fire. Last 2 games:

Lewes 0 - Arsenal 9

Yeovil 0 - Arsenal 7

Montemuro has the squad on fire.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Attendance yesterday Europa was embarrassing, :boo: :boo: People that call themselves ticket holder keep ticket instead of allow folks that want to buy ticket go to the game.I hope we will not see this again.Arsenal fan TV big ups :thumbs: :thumbs: most growing fan tv in the world.Folks can watch it now live on TV in UK.