The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
This habit of giving space to man with ball 30yds from our goal is a killer - didn't work under AW - still a problem - they can look up & pick a pass.
Auba to the bench - too many misses.
Team stay off social media till you get points - at least 12pts - too much noise - Not being emotional - bad loss.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
This habit of giving space to man with ball 30yds from our goal is a killer - didn't work under AW - still a problem - they can look up & pick a pass.
Team stay off social media till you get points - at least 12pts - too much noise - Not being emotional - bad loss.
Too early to bench Auba, he will come good. Play Lacazette and Auba together.

Arsenal problem is the defense. We are poor defensively.
It is not brain science.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Anyone still believes Aubamayang is a great player?
I don't see anything special in him. Yes, he has speed !!! that's about it.
Some people thought he could score 25 goals per season? ... because he has speed !!! DUH ...
He has very little skill.
All the high ball in the air that Giroud would have stopped ... he doesn't even fight for them. He can barely trap the ball. He is not a good passer, dribbler or shooter ...
As for Ozil ... There were people here celebrating when Arsenal signed him. Despite tons of data showing, he should have been let go.
I said it was Arsenal's worst decision. So far, I have been proven right ...
We have probably seen the last of Bellerin for a while ... He won't start again anytime soon...
I also expect Lacazette to start next game.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Anyone still believes Aubamayang is a great player?
Some people thought he could score 25 goals per season? ... because he has speed !!! DUH ...
All the high ball in the air that Giroud would have stopped ... he doesn't even fight for them. He can barely trap the ball. He is not a good passer, dribbler or shooter ...
As for Ozil ... There were people here celebrating when Arsenal signed him. Despite tons of data showing, he should have been let go.
We have probably seen the last of Bellerin for a while ... He won't start again anytime soon...

You’re being harsh on abou. He had a bad day. I’m not worried about him
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
Too early to bench Auba, he will come good. Play Lacazette and Auba together.

Arsenal problem is the defense. We are poor defensively.
It is not brain science.

He has to be more clinical & ruthless - he has no WC fatigue to complain about.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Anyone still believes Aubamayang is a great player?
If you've been watching European football & didn't know about Auba - that's on you. He was one of the 1st players Pep targeted when he arrived @Manc - he was priced out of a deal by Dortmund. The reason us fans are disappointed in him & others including top players picking him for the Golden boot is because of his record.
As for Ozil - he has always been a facilitator but what i see on the pitch is a guy w/o any confidence - As things stand Mkhitaryan or Iwobi should be given a few games behind the striker - they've the pop Ozil lacks right now.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Offensively we are not that far....We are creating chances but we just not converting them.Midfield is getting there though still porous but far much better than last season. Our defense needs a whole lot of work. You can see what they are trying to do but the execution aint there yet. I didnt expect anything from the first two games(and we got nothing from them results wise) but I am okay with the effort.

Our season is starting next week
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Something i just read - making me rush to the shop like i must've missed a lot: like what?

18 Aug 2018 20:53:34
"MOTM Hector Bellerin for an absolutely amazing performance solid from start to finish every tackle superb and the passing unbelievable. Give yourself a pat on the back. If I had to pick a second has to be Xhaka what amazing pressing, perfect timing great movement no idea why he was subbed he was doing brilliant all game. Ozil was amazing as always, creating chances and running all over the pitch. Mustafi is worth £70M."

Gunner254
---------------------------------------
Sure as there's a 9ja - we watched different matches - Xhaka??!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

tolahs wrote:Something i just read - making me rush to the shop like i must've missed a lot: like what?

"MOTM Hector Bellerin for an absolutely amazing performance solid from start to finish every tackle superb and the passing unbelievable. Give yourself a pat on the back. If I had to pick a second has to be Xhaka what amazing pressing, perfect timing great movement no idea why he was subbed he was doing brilliant all game. Ozil was amazing as always, creating chances and running all over the pitch. Mustafi is worth £70M."

Gunner254
The person is surely being sarcastic. Belerin was good offensively but defensively he is an abomination. Ozil needs to try harder man. This no be am. Xhaka? Just sit him as he is not a defensive midfielder. Play him as a groundsman if you have to.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Aubameyang is a great player, the best player at Arsenal. He is just having a bad start. He needs a confidence booster next week against West Ham.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Some mad clown writing for the independent gave Guendo a 5 rating, same as Ozil by the way :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wonders shall never end :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm so arsenal has lost every regular season game at Stamford Bridge with Ozil in the lineup .... Hmmm not a surprise they didn’t lose the one he didn’t play in ... I’m shocked :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

Absolute worst signing of all time .... Way to prove Uli, Matheus and RUMMENIEGE wrong :taunt:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.

May god help Emery, Arsenal are Liverpool post hodgson level trash.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wenger has been working miracles with this team for years.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

After two games. Goodness. :ohmy:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:Looking forward to the wknd @theBridge one remembers that the the 1st half of our preseason match vs Chelsea was a
ragdoll affair - we were schooled especially with the kid vs Hector.
Chelsea will know that they can press us high, we defend narrow(at least vs ManC) they'll go at us on the flanks - how do
we adapt with what we have tactically - let's revisit a Pep revolution @ManC from last season:

------------------------------------------------------
" .......It's worth remembering that David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were both considered, before Guardiola's arrival, natural No. 10s. Silva was perfectly capable of drifting inside from a wider position, and De Bruyne's energy and crossing ability means he could play wide right too. But they were essentially No. 10s,......Arsenal also serve as a useful comparison for accommodating creative No. 10s....with a dilemma involving how to accommodate two players in that mould, after Mesut Ozil signed a new long-term contract and Henrikh Mkhitaryan arrived from Manchester United....Wenger has tried to use them together in a 4-2-3-1, but also in a 4-3-3 -- the same system City use. But at Tottenham, Wenger fielded Ozil and Mkhitaryan in the two wide roles. That's fair enough, they're the logical positions to use them in -- maybe the only positions he could use him in. But make no mistake: De Bruyne is no more of a central midfielder than Mkhitaryan, Silva no more so than Ozil. All four players are No. 10s. But whereas Wenger shoved his two out wide, Guardiola has dragged them deeper to provide creativity from deep."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-cara ... h-football
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Silva & KDB were played wide - MC loses a lot creativity but at this point in our development, we're clearly not as effective at ball pressing, retention & defense as they are.We must rejig our team setup for more effective outcomes. It's all square pegs in circles just now - Emery must pick teams tactically set up to dance & if feelings are hurt - so be it. Playing Ramsey up front cos he's an important player for our pressing game creates an inbalane(totally does). The only guy i saw in the preseason beat a man to the touchline & put a cross in is Nelson - I also know Welbeck is dogged & will give us a shift if fit.
Do we stick with pretty footie with its weaknesses or go for a result at the Bridge. AW for all his romance with attacking footie setup a team last season away for containment - let's defend from our MF more effectively & provide real support for Auba by stretching the pitch.
-------------------------------------

Pep looked to be sending us Gooners a msg by the endless hugs of Arteta - point taken(if that was the intention):

"Telegraph: Having drawn up forensic studies of #AFC squad in preparation for potentially succeeding Wenger, Arteta was in the perfect position to help Guardiola mastermind their downfall....The duo came up with the plan of swapping Raheem Sterling to the left side and taking advantage of Mkhitaryan and Ozil on Arsenal’s flanks by loading their own wide areas with pace."

------------------------------------
My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Monreal Sokratis Mustafi Hector
Leno
--------------------------------
Yes, Torreira & Guendouzi haven't played together much but i see ball winning abilities & mobility. None of these kids hides from the ball.
If Monreal's healthy, you play Lichts @RB with Hector taking Nelson's spot - i just want a wide man whose pace will create panic
- giving Heactor a shorter pitch vs a LB he owns often - run past dude & cross in all day - trackback to protect Lichts.
Ozil is interchangeable with Mkhi - the gaffer might add Ramsey but he's isn't convincing that far forward.

Someone who claims to have a functioning brain wants to play Reiss Nelson and Ozil, Yes Ozil, on a tough road game against Chelsea .... I mean we are talking of a coach who lost at home in his first game against the champs and is already fielding questions about his competence? .. but someone wey claim say e get brain wan play Ozil and Nelson on the road against Chelsea ????

Jesu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Reiss Nelson is one of the few guys who can go past a defender on pace in our team - might sound crude & "low class" to you higher-ups but that's where we're - in a league where pace counts plenty - we've elected to ignore transfers for that function - you've to work with what we've - we don't have the toughness to play 2 strikers - i stay dumb tho!!! :winking:

You do know the Chelshyt game is on the road righ? A place where experience and defensive solidity and focus is a must :idea: Yet you want to play a kid who has none of those qualities yet and an all around proven liability like Ozil for a critical game?

Honestly some of una .... ahhhh never mind :roll:

Were you not around last year where pundits and fans alike were honest in their feelings at the chances of Arsenal nicking a result at the Bridge given that Ozil will miss the game? And were they not proven right ?

Anyway whatever carry on :mrgreen:
Someone, anyone introduce Arsenal to a culture of pragmatism.

How hard can it be to grasp the importance of balance? How hard can it be to grasp you can't have a team where 4+players are trash off the ball. Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Mkhitaryan all prone to sleepwalking at critical moments.

Want to win away in the PL or against the big boys...CLEAN SHEETS.

Bad enough our CB's are highly flawed at best, it's incumbent on rest of team to up their focus and discipline off the ball.

My 11@ Chavs

Leno

Lichtsteiner-Mustafi--Sokratis--Nacho

Torreira-Elneny-Niles

Guendouzi-PEA-Welbeck

This is not FIFA 18, Arsenal need to stop lying to themselves, we retain this undeserved arrogance that we can play anyone off the park. We can't, don't and won't. Fact Henry is not walking through that door, Bergkamp not walking through that door, Pires not walking through that door.

Any success over next few seasons will be down to details no matter how small. If Arsenal don't stop picking lineups based on rep over feasible game plan they're doomed.
As I was saying....#slowlearners
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Cito wrote:
tolahs wrote:Something i just read - making me rush to the shop like i must've missed a lot: like what?

Gunner254
The person is surely being sarcastic. Belerin was good offensively but defensively he is an abomination. Ozil needs to try harder man. This no be am. Xhaka? Just sit him as he is not a defensive midfielder. Play him as a groundsman if you have to.

Line of the week - :clap: :agree:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The 2nd loss is a hard one to take - we're now under serious pressure.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Best game for Guendouzi. I still think it is too early for him to start for Arsenal. The damage has been done now. I hope it doesn't 'damage his career long term. They rushed him. He should be on loan.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:Looking forward to the wknd @theBridge one remembers that the the 1st half of our preseason match vs Chelsea was a
ragdoll affair - we were schooled especially with the kid vs Hector.
Chelsea will know that they can press us high, we defend narrow(at least vs ManC) they'll go at us on the flanks - how do
we adapt with what we have tactically - let's revisit a Pep revolution @ManC from last season:

------------------------------------------------------
" .......It's worth remembering that David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were both considered, before Guardiola's arrival, natural No. 10s. Silva was perfectly capable of drifting inside from a wider position, and De Bruyne's energy and crossing ability means he could play wide right too. But they were essentially No. 10s,......Arsenal also serve as a useful comparison for accommodating creative No. 10s....with a dilemma involving how to accommodate two players in that mould, after Mesut Ozil signed a new long-term contract and Henrikh Mkhitaryan arrived from Manchester United....Wenger has tried to use them together in a 4-2-3-1, but also in a 4-3-3 -- the same system City use. But at Tottenham, Wenger fielded Ozil and Mkhitaryan in the two wide roles. That's fair enough, they're the logical positions to use them in -- maybe the only positions he could use him in. But make no mistake: De Bruyne is no more of a central midfielder than Mkhitaryan, Silva no more so than Ozil. All four players are No. 10s. But whereas Wenger shoved his two out wide, Guardiola has dragged them deeper to provide creativity from deep."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-cara ... h-football
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Silva & KDB were played wide - MC loses a lot creativity but at this point in our development, we're clearly not as effective at ball pressing, retention & defense as they are.We must rejig our team setup for more effective outcomes. It's all square pegs in circles just now - Emery must pick teams tactically set up to dance & if feelings are hurt - so be it. Playing Ramsey up front cos he's an important player for our pressing game creates an inbalane(totally does). The only guy i saw in the preseason beat a man to the touchline & put a cross in is Nelson - I also know Welbeck is dogged & will give us a shift if fit.
Do we stick with pretty footie with its weaknesses or go for a result at the Bridge. AW for all his romance with attacking footie setup a team last season away for containment - let's defend from our MF more effectively & provide real support for Auba by stretching the pitch.
-------------------------------------

Pep looked to be sending us Gooners a msg by the endless hugs of Arteta - point taken(if that was the intention):

"Telegraph: Having drawn up forensic studies of #AFC squad in preparation for potentially succeeding Wenger, Arteta was in the perfect position to help Guardiola mastermind their downfall....The duo came up with the plan of swapping Raheem Sterling to the left side and taking advantage of Mkhitaryan and Ozil on Arsenal’s flanks by loading their own wide areas with pace."

------------------------------------
My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Monreal Sokratis Mustafi Hector
Leno
--------------------------------
Yes, Torreira & Guendouzi haven't played together much but i see ball winning abilities & mobility. None of these kids hides from the ball.
If Monreal's healthy, you play Lichts @RB with Hector taking Nelson's spot - i just want a wide man whose pace will create panic
- giving Heactor a shorter pitch vs a LB he owns often - run past dude & cross in all day - trackback to protect Lichts.
Ozil is interchangeable with Mkhi - the gaffer might add Ramsey but he's isn't convincing that far forward.

Someone who claims to have a functioning brain wants to play Reiss Nelson and Ozil, Yes Ozil, on a tough road game against Chelsea .... I mean we are talking of a coach who lost at home in his first game against the champs and is already fielding questions about his competence? .. but someone wey claim say e get brain wan play Ozil and Nelson on the road against Chelsea ????

Jesu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Reiss Nelson is one of the few guys who can go past a defender on pace in our team - might sound crude & "low class" to you higher-ups but that's where we're - in a league where pace counts plenty - we've elected to ignore transfers for that function - you've to work with what we've - we don't have the toughness to play 2 strikers - i stay dumb tho!!! :winking:

You do know the Chelshyt game is on the road righ? A place where experience and defensive solidity and focus is a must :idea: Yet you want to play a kid who has none of those qualities yet and an all around proven liability like Ozil for a critical game?

Honestly some of una .... ahhhh never mind :roll:

Were you not around last year where pundits and fans alike were honest in their feelings at the chances of Arsenal nicking a result at the Bridge given that Ozil will miss the game? And were they not proven right ?

Anyway whatever carry on :mrgreen:
Someone, anyone introduce Arsenal to a culture of pragmatism.

How hard can it be to grasp the importance of balance? How hard can it be to grasp you can't have a team where 4+players are trash off the ball. Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Mkhitaryan all prone to sleepwalking at critical moments.

Want to win away in the PL or against the big boys...CLEAN SHEETS.

Bad enough our CB's are highly flawed at best, it's incumbent on rest of team to up their focus and discipline off the ball.

My 11@ Chavs

Leno

Lichtsteiner-Mustafi--Sokratis--Nacho

Torreira-Elneny-Niles

Guendouzi-PEA-Welbeck

This is not FIFA 18, Arsenal need to stop lying to themselves, we retain this undeserved arrogance that we can play anyone off the park. We can't, don't and won't. Fact Henry is not walking through that door, Bergkamp not walking through that door, Pires not walking through that door.

Any success over next few seasons will be down to details no matter how small. If Arsenal don't stop picking lineups based on rep over feasible game plan they're doomed.
As I was saying....#slowlearners
What killed us today apart from the intolerable performances of Ozil & Xhaka was playing a very high line with no pressure on the ball - not aiding the non-pacy central defenders we have.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Best game for Guendouzi. I still think it is too early for him to start for Arsenal. The damage has been done now. I hope it doesn't 'damage his career long term. They rushed him. He should be on loan.
Common now - he shows for the pass everytime while experienced players are busy hiding - he put a killer pass to Hector who crossed across the box but Auba skied it. He's a certain starter - him & Torreira.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Best 11 right now

Cech
Lichsteiner, Mustaffi, Sokratis, Monreal
Ramsey, Torreria, Iwobi
Ozil, Lacazette, Aubamenyang