The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Arsenal yet to address issues on the wings.
What about the defense?

Bore ham wood actually opened the team up.

Sokratis didn't look convincing. Maybe it is pre-season.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Maitland-Niles has the making of a serious player if he continue his trajectory, same for the Greek Mavropanos. Sokratis struggled with the pace of Boreham-Wood. ..: I shudder to see him isolated against some of the EPL road runners ... siddon look :ohmy:

As for Joe Willock, abegi I don’t see it in this kid biko. Looks like an appendage rather than a major organ. Really nothin special about the kid abegi ..,, move am along ja re :roll:
Niles was an amazing physical specimen at 17yrs old. Today he is unreal but his football sense and brain has developed immensely. I just cannot see how he will not be a first team starter this season but I would love to see him in a 4-3-3, as opposed to a 4-2-3-1.

A kid who is an incredible physical specimen for his age is the Right Back, Osei-Tutu. He played out of position today but like Emile Smith Rowe, he has gotten recognition in pre-season.

As for Mavprovanos, I will never forget his home debut. The minute he went through the striker to remind him he is boss, he got a cheer and was an instant hit with the Emirates faithful. We all looked at each other saying we have been looking for a killer like him since Keown, Sol Campbell etc etc.

I agree with you on Niles and Mavra. Those two have unmatched potential. Their development needs to be ensured with careful nurturing .... for that reason among others I’m happy that Wenger is out so that they can grow amidst some kinda structure of accountability :idea:

Unai loves 4-3-3 though he seems flexible to shift into a 4-2-3-1. Either way I don’t know how he can plan to show horn Niles, Xhacrap, Ozil, Terraira, Ramshyt, Mikhi and Abou and have them play at their optimum position and levels .... he really needs to bin Ozil and Xhacrap and move forward with the signing of Nzonzi before he gets too old.

Therefore we have the perfect balance
He can't. So the bench awaits who is not picked.

If Nzonzi is signed, it creates a problem for Elneny, but he just changed shirt numbers, indicating he is not leaving.

Another idea tried under Wenger but is now a possibility is Chambers at DM. Remember when Chambers played DM. Here is Chambers interview.

Chambers on being a holding midfielder: "The manager spoke to me about the position. And yes it’s a new one for me. ... It’s a position I feel like I can grow to enjoy. Out there today it felt good. I just need training, practice and games in that position to feel comfortable."

If Chambers shows signs of potential as a DM. Then forget Nzonzi.

Its clear you are still mired in the ways of Wenger that destroyed his legacy. Yeah i remember the game Calumuty played at DM. An embarrassing arse whooping at stoke.

Why patch up with a scrub when you can make a solid move for a top four spot by purchasing a proven asset? See wetin Wenger don do ya head Waffi :taunt:
This was Chambers' quote after the Borehamwood game yesterday. Nothing to do with Wenger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chambers on being a holding midfielder: "The manager spoke to me about the position. And yes it’s a new one for me. ... It’s a position I feel like I can grow to enjoy. Out there today it felt good. I just need training, practice and games in that position to feel comfortable."

Destroy what legacy? Have a look properly. Everything you see that is Arsenal, is Wenger's legacy. The man built every damn thing. He made it all happen.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours about this, but I am a realist.

I said we had £60m to spend before new sponsorship deals are factored into revenue. We have spent this money.

If we buy a top class wide forward, it will be a bonus. I maybe wrong, all indications make suspect, Arsenal have their targets in mind but they are holding out to drive the prices down. The money is there for a wide forward if they want to spend it.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Maitland-Niles has the making of a serious player if he continue his trajectory, same for the Greek Mavropanos. Sokratis struggled with the pace of Boreham-Wood. ..: I shudder to see him isolated against some of the EPL road runners ... siddon look :ohmy:

As for Joe Willock, abegi I don’t see it in this kid biko. Looks like an appendage rather than a major organ. Really nothin special about the kid abegi ..,, move am along ja re :roll:
Niles was an amazing physical specimen at 17yrs old. Today he is unreal but his football sense and brain has developed immensely. I just cannot see how he will not be a first team starter this season but I would love to see him in a 4-3-3, as opposed to a 4-2-3-1.

A kid who is an incredible physical specimen for his age is the Right Back, Osei-Tutu. He played out of position today but like Emile Smith Rowe, he has gotten recognition in pre-season.

As for Mavprovanos, I will never forget his home debut. The minute he went through the striker to remind him he is boss, he got a cheer and was an instant hit with the Emirates faithful. We all looked at each other saying we have been looking for a killer like him since Keown, Sol Campbell etc etc.

I agree with you on Niles and Mavra. Those two have unmatched potential. Their development needs to be ensured with careful nurturing .... for that reason among others I’m happy that Wenger is out so that they can grow amidst some kinda structure of accountability :idea:

Unai loves 4-3-3 though he seems flexible to shift into a 4-2-3-1. Either way I don’t know how he can plan to show horn Niles, Xhacrap, Ozil, Terraira, Ramshyt, Mikhi and Abou and have them play at their optimum position and levels .... he really needs to bin Ozil and Xhacrap and move forward with the signing of Nzonzi before he gets too old.

Therefore we have the perfect balance
He can't. So the bench awaits who is not picked.

If Nzonzi is signed, it creates a problem for Elneny, but he just changed shirt numbers, indicating he is not leaving.

Another idea tried under Wenger but is now a possibility is Chambers at DM. Remember when Chambers played DM. Here is Chambers interview.

If Chambers shows signs of potential as a DM. Then forget Nzonzi.

Its clear you are still mired in the ways of Wenger that destroyed his legacy. Yeah i remember the game Calumuty played at DM. An embarrassing arse whooping at stoke.

Why patch up with a scrub when you can make a solid move for a top four spot by purchasing a proven asset? See wetin Wenger don do ya head Waffi :taunt:
This was Chambers' quote after the Borehamwood game yesterday. Nothing to do with Wenger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Destroy what legacy? Have a look properly. Everything you see that is Arsenal, is Wenger's legacy. The man built every damn thing. He made it all happen.

Bia nwokem is it reading or comprehension?

No be you write say “if Chambers shows POTENTIAL then forget Nzonzi “ and also reminded us of his game there?????

Well that’s why I called out ya Wenger like patchwork reasoning :idea:

Why linger and dither on hope or potential rather making a move for a proven commodity :idea:

That’s the Wenger legacy....Yeye thinking wey still dey rule ya brain :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I was surprised to see the Arsenal boys Nketiah, Nelson and Willock :roll: :roll: on the field yesterday as the Euro u-19 championships, a tournament I love watching, as it gave my first view of the likes of Morata, Jese and co .... will be starting for England on Tuesday and they, along with ex Gunner MCGuane and others will be expected to shine
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:
Rumours about this, but I am a realist.

I said we had £60m to spend before new sponsorship deals are factored into revenue. We have spent this money.

If we buy a top class wide forward, it will be a bonus. I maybe wrong, all indications make suspect, Arsenal have their targets in mind but they are holding out to drive the prices down. The money is there for a wide forward if they want to spend it.
Perez can play on the wings ( both sides too ) not blazing fast but can hold his own... Plus is it confirmed that Campbell is released ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Dembele has not been the same player at Barcelona due to injuries and system .... wonder whether Arsenal can play the short game and pay a tidy sum for a year long loan and Chris Willock :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

For those who have a brain abi una see why I have been calling for Nzonzi who was bought for a mere seven million by Unai Emery at Sevilla?

How badly could have. Arsenal used a player like this? Not wasting time and money on a slow moron like Xhacrap ...honestly the foolishness on CE sha :woot:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Dembele has not been the same player at Barcelona due to injuries and system .... wonder whether Arsenal can play the short game and pay a tidy sum for a year long loan and Chris Willock :taunt:
Auba posted that famous picture of him, Mkhi and Sokratis at Dortmund before he signed. Weeks later, he posted another picture of all of them, this time with Dembele in. Every Gooner took it as a cryptic message of Dembele joining.

Arsenal were definitely in loan talks but rumours are Barca called it off. All this talk about some Barca academy player joining Arsenal upsetting Barca.

Despite all this talk, on this one I go by Arsenal's track record. Which are as follows:

1) Arsenal have money to sign a top class wide forward if they want to.

2) They negotiated a €10m for 3 years for Torreira. That effectively gives Arsenal an extra £12m this window, when you analyse how Arsenal usually pay for transfers.

3) Arsenal always keep money aside for a late opportunity in the window

4) Despite having money, Arsenal will not pay up if they know they can get a player cheaper in the next window. E.g. Martial is in the final year of his contract, Martial has made it public he was not happy when ManU prevented him being the player for the swap deal. Arsenal's first choice was Martial, not Mkhitaryan for that deal, ManU refused. If Martial holds out and refuses to sign a new contract, maybe Arsenal have an understanding with the player and they are waiting till next window to pay cheaper. This is all speculation and I don't know a thing but if anything will happen, I think it will be towards the end of the window.

5) Finally, it could be the club are not spending anymore this window and are relying on one of the youth in the wide positions to come through. I will put my money on this option.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:For those who have a brain abi una see why I have been calling for Nzonzi who was bought for a mere seven million by Unai Emery at Sevilla?

How badly could have. Arsenal used a player like this? Not wasting time and money on a slow moron like Xhacrap ...honestly the foolishness on CE sha :woot:
Get your facts right. Emery never bought a single player at Sevilla, the DoF, a guy called Monti, who is now at Roma did.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Liverpool is paying top dollar for quality defenders.

Arsenal is paying 16 million pounds for a 29 year old that looks like he is about to lose the little pace he has left.

Mustaffi is still at the club.

Koscielny is basically out for the year with that Achilles injury.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:For those who have a brain abi una see why I have been calling for Nzonzi who was bought for a mere seven million by Unai Emery at Sevilla?

Get your facts right. Emery never bought a single player at Sevilla, the DoF, a guy called Monti, who is now at Roma did.
First of all it was Monchi and not Monti so you don’t know what you’re talking about .... sorry it’s easier educating your small minds with familiar faces but since you want to go into minutiae at least get the names right :taunt:

See Mugu :rotf: :rotf: I’m sure Emery hated every moment of that purchase and had no time for it :rotf: :rotf: that’s why you’re always wrong :rotf:

Enjoy Xhacrap and Ozil :mrgreen:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

First of all it was Monchi and not Monti so you don’t know what you’re talking about .... sorry it’s easier educating your small minds with familiar faces but since you want to go into minutiae at least get the names right :taunt:

See Mugu :rotf: :rotf: I’m sure Emery hated every moment of that purchase and had no time for it :rotf: :rotf: that’s why you’re always wrong :rotf:

Enjoy Xhacrap and Ozil :mrgreen:
Oh! Pardon my Spanish spelling. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But you understood my message, that much is clear from your response. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

France was lucky Kos was injured. Umtiti and Verane were solid through the whole World Cup.
Bepanda
ohenhen1 wrote:Liverpool is paying top dollar for quality defenders.
Arsenal is paying 16 million pounds for a 29 year old that looks like he is about to lose the little pace he has left.
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

bepanda wrote:France was lucky Kos was injured. Umtiti and Verane were solid through the whole World Cup.
Bepanda
At least one own goal is guaranteed from Kos. Never fails
supereagles all the way
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:France was lucky Kos was injured. Umtiti and Verane were solid through the whole World Cup.
Bepanda

Spot on :thumb:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And at least one dumb red card and one PK.
For all the good games he had, Kos was always a minute from a dumb mistake. I remember his very first game for Arsenal. he was red carded against Liverpool.
Obiagu wrote:
Bepanda
At least one own goal is guaranteed from Kos. Never fails
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I say let the kids play. I am not convinced at all by Sokratis!

I say let Mavrapanos and Chambers be the starters.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Rather than Dembele (who would be great), I would rather get a young dominant CD (Varane, Umtiti, or Pavard).
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:Rather than Dembele (who would be great), I would rather get a young dominant CD (Varane, Umtiti, or Pavard).

and someone would give any of those to you?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Nkume wrote:Rather than Dembele (who would be great), I would rather get a young dominant CD (Varane, Umtiti, or Pavard).
Why not add Sir Warrior's son to the list, i hear he is playing some great Ogene music :lol: :lol: You think say those players come cheap? Abeg go over to Leicester and inquire if Maguire is available, that is your level at Arsenal.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

and someone would give any of those to you?
WHo said anything about giving? They have to be bought. :mad:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

oloye wrote:
Why not add Sir Warrior's son to the list, i hear he is playing some great Ogene music :lol: :lol: You think say those players come cheap? Abeg go over to Leicester and inquire if Maguire is available, that is your level at Arsenal.
Arsenal so called fans say they want to win! Then you need the best players. Anything else is a pipe dream. As far as I concerned, money was wasted on Sokratis. We should have added to that and bought Pavard before the WC.