The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Heliopolis »

Shatap ya mouth and look with your eyes. People at the club make the decisions, they know better than you will ever know. Don't hate.
This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Because they make decisions they know more than us, and the decisions are in fact good ones? That explains why the club has won a grand total of...0 league titles in the last 14 seasons :clap: :clap: :clap:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

3-4-1-2 vs the Hammers

Aubameyang Lacazette
Welbeck Mkhitaryan Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Monreal Sokraitis Mustafi
Cech

Our best chances vs Chelsea came from out wide usually from Iwobi or Mkhi whipping a low cross in - it points to what penetration out wide could do for us. Whilst Iwobi needn't be punished for a spectacular performance - Danny's been played as a wingback in this system plus when we need someone to hold on to a high kick from the back - he can do that. The gaffer liked Welbeck as an emergency FB - we need to expose our central attacking players to less defensive duties(vs speedy FBs - Alonso had a field day yesterday) that will take them deep. Iwobi is interchangeable with Mkhi in this setup - in the Chelsea match we used Mkhi/Ozil/Iwobi to press high( 3 no. 10s) that's crazy & a gamble. This team will press high more effectively - Auba & laca will be more effective in this compared to a 4-4-2 - Hector & Danny get to operate in a shorter pitch vs the Hammers.
Mkhi gets the opportunity to own the spot - showing Ramsey & Ozil how it's done.

p/s: Somebody translate to spanish for gaffer: :taunt: :smile: :dream:

Nuestras mejores oportunidades frente al Chelsea vinieron de fuera de casa, generalmente de Iwobi o Mkhi, con una cruz baja: apunta a lo que la penetración en el exterior podría hacer por nosotros. Mientras que Iwobi no necesita ser castigado por una actuación espectacular -Danny ha sido jugado como wingback en este sistema y además cuando necesitamos que alguien aguante una patada alta desde atrás- puede hacerlo. Al gaffer le gustó Welbeck como un FB de emergencia - necesitamos exponer a nuestros jugadores centrales de ataque a deberes menos defensivos (contra veloces FB - Alonso tuvo un día de campo ayer) que los llevará a lo más profundo. Iwobi es intercambiable con Mkhi en esta configuración - en el partido de Chelsea usamos Mkhi / Ozil / Iwobi para presionar alto (3 no 10) que es una locura y una apuesta. Este equipo presionará alto de manera más efectiva: Auba & laca será más efectivo en este aspecto que el 4-4-2. Héctor y Danny operan en un campo más corto que los Hammers.
Mkhi tiene la oportunidad de ser el dueño del lugar, mostrando a Ramsey y Ozil cómo se hace.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

4-2-3-1

Cech
Belerin, Mustaffi , Sokratis, Monreal
Torreria, Ramsey
Mikhitaryan,Ozil, Aubameyang
Lacazette
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Heliopolis wrote:
Shatap ya mouth and look with your eyes. People at the club make the decisions, they know better than you will ever know. Don't hate.

Because they make decisions they know more than us, and the decisions are in fact good ones? That explains why the club has won a grand total of...0 league titles in the last 14 seasons :clap: :clap: :clap:

Help me tell am ohh. He is clearly out of ideas :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka
I am not the Coach and to many daft and deluded Gooners he is under pressure. I care for the team and I love this Manager. I am fully behind him, and as you know, he was my choice to replace Wenger.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.
Waffi, your point on Xhaka is solid and we'll taken. Good read there.
dude....u. need to start thinking for yourself.....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Cristao II wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.

May god help Emery, Arsenal are Liverpool post hodgson level trash.
If Emery requires 4-5 years to fix Arsenal, then we need another manager. This should be a one year project, and it seems that Emery is doing a fine job with the limited resources at his disposal.
Depends on how you - Arsenal the club and the fans back him. Pochettino had the same scenario at Spurs. Kaboul, Lennon, Adebayor were like Ozil. Kane, Mason, Lloris stood by Poch and there were two camps formed. Poch was lucky that Kane and co stepped up in one particular game vs Aston Villa and showed that he was right to put his trust in them. If not he was gone. The fans will always support Pochettino, Kane and Lloris. There is a reason why Ryan Mason is at Spurs as a coach. We are very aware of the battles that the players and he went through.

The project will take at least 2 years. 1 year to demonstrate which players feel too big to change, which ones cant change and his new foundation players. Second year, he plants that foundation and builds from there. I have learnt a lot about leadership from these managers. Unai has to form a foundation that he can trust. Some of your senior players at Arsenal are not serious. They will have to go. You will have to ignore the English media who are twats and will force an angle (cc Spurs bottlers, Kane curse scoring in August).

I ask again, I know Arsenal has a good youth squad - use them!! I pray your chairman gives him time and the fans show him patience - without this the idiots in the dressing room will continue misbehaving.

PS The Guen kid is very interesting - He looks like someone that could replace Dembele at Spurs.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....facts
PS....keep your stubby spud fingers in your pockets :tic: :sneaky:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gooner1 wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Also, Ozil and Xhaka look unsettled and are responding to the competition for places in the team. Xhaka especially looked lost in the wake of Guendouzi who is looking like Emery first choice in that midfield.

Thing is, Emery is said to also prefer Niles in there. So if rumours are to be believed, Emery midfield trio will be Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi. Today, he benched Ramsey also. Interesting times ahead.
Hmmm looks like Unai is a much faster learner than Al-Waffi :taunt: :taunt: still can’t undersrand his thoughts on starting Ozil and Chaka
I am not the Coach and to many daft and deluded Gooners he is under pressure. I care for the team and I love this Manager. I am fully behind him, and as you know, he was my choice to replace Wenger.

The Manager must find the balance and he will not get much time. I like the fact that, he has no fear in making big decisions, he has no allegiance to any player, they must perform to earn their place in the team. I am desperate for him to succeed.

Xhaka did not perform yesterday and it must be said, but I have to have a look again. Torreira did not pull up trees either. Having said that, we lost control of the game with Xhaka's sub and Torreira coming on. The subbing of Xhaka looked the right thing at the time but was it the right moment to have Guendouzi and Torreira on. On reflection, I take the view it was the wrong decision. Sometimes, it is not about the individual but the team. Xhaka gave something to the team in terms of control with the ball, we lost it when he was subbed off.

This is about partnerships, in time we will know the best partnership in that midfield and the right moment to used them.

The Manager needs to find a midfield that combines and works, especially defensively. It will take time.

Maybe he can’t :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:4-2-3-1

Cech
Belerin, Mustaffi , Sokratis, Monreal
Torreria, Ramsey
Mikhitaryan,Ozil, Aubameyang
Lacazette
Where's your pace with Auba having to track FBs back?
Put some "respeck" on this kids name!!! the fanbase are telling ya.

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Fear of pace - Pep telling y'all....

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

anikulapo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Any doubts of the monumental task facing Emery should be put to bed. This is not 6 weeks, 2 months or even 2 year steady the ship situation. Terms of squad quality, chemistry, mental, physical toughness and conditioning task facing Emery is a full blown 4 to 5 year project.

Arsenal are trash in terms of off the ball work rate, trash in terms of defensive IQ. Names don't mean anything, football has never punished off the ball stupidity at the rate it has in last decade. Conditioning, intelligence, discipline, mental toughness all doormat at Arsenal.

If Emery requires 4-5 years to fix Arsenal, then we need another manager. This should be a one year project, and it seems that Emery is doing a fine job with the limited resources at his disposal.
Depends on how you - Arsenal the club and the fans back him. Pochettino had the same scenario at Spurs. Kaboul, Lennon, Adebayor were like Ozil. Kane, Mason, Lloris stood by Poch and there were two camps formed. Poch was lucky that Kane and co stepped up in one particular game vs Aston Villa and showed that he was right to put his trust in them. If not he was gone. The fans will always support Pochettino, Kane and Lloris. There is a reason why Ryan Mason is at Spurs as a coach. We are very aware of the battles that the players and he went through.

The project will take at least 2 years. 1 year to demonstrate which players feel too big to change, which ones cant change and his new foundation players. Second year, he plants that foundation and builds from there. I have learnt a lot about leadership from these managers. Unai has to form a foundation that he can trust. Some of your senior players at Arsenal are not serious. They will have to go. You will have to ignore the English media who are twats and will force an angle (cc Spurs bottlers, Kane curse scoring in August).

I ask again, I know Arsenal has a good youth squad - use them!! I pray your chairman gives him time and the fans show him patience - without this the idiots in the dressing room will continue misbehaving.

PS The Guen kid is very interesting - He looks like someone that could replace Dembele at Spurs.

Homeless Lad, rumor has it ya overpriced pad is trending towards a billion pounds and will not be ready till 2019 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: all these problems because you want to eyeball ya senior brothers eh :woot:
2019 is next year and if it costs £1b to build it - so be it. At the end of the day, Spurs will live on.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Homeless Lad, rumor has it ya overpriced pad is trending towards a billion pounds and will not be ready till 2019 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: all these problems because you want to eyeball ya senior brothers eh :woot:
2019 is next year and if it costs £1b to build it - so be it. At the end of the day, Spurs will live on.
Okay now back to your game next week ...... a very happy Josie awaits :rotf: :atc: :rotf: should be fun :mrgreen:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Just saw the ManU vs Brighton score - i watched the 2nd half of ManU vs LCFC(last wk) - ManU were very poor but got out of jail due to LCFC's lack of confidence(Keleche mainly) - i am yet to see the highlights of today's match but those placing that team as top 3 team cannot ignore their form.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Heliopolis wrote:

I chose to ignore your abuse and not hit back. But there really is no need for name calling. If you do not agree with my opinion, you can disagree respectfully. Abuse does not make for respectful discourse.

We all have our opinions but it does not make us professionals. If you and I know better than the professionals, we will be behind the keyboard, we will be doing their jobs.The professionals know far better than you and I will never know about the players for example, they work with them on a daily basis and have all the information about them. This is one reason why they know more than any fan or supporter. I can give many other examples.

Besides, hindsight is the greatest coach. It is easy to have opinions, be a 'know it all', criticise after the game, it is another thing entirely to know how to prepare and plan to beat your opponent before the game.

It is really rather surprising to me still, that people actually think they know better who should start games, who should be subbed and who is not good enough etc for Arsenal. They do it with such pomposity, it is really boring. I am all for opinions but these thoughts are rarely expressed merely as opinions.

I love football, I have been given the opportunity to hang around and see the work that goes into preparing and planning for games in the modern game. I know as a matter of fact most of us don't know the half, but it is always those that do not know that have the missionary zeal about knowing best. But it is football, where irrationality becomes the norm so I understand.

Just my two pennies worth.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

It is beyond ridiculous. A Spuds trying to rub shoulders with his superiors and compared losers to winners.

Also, he talks about using youth. The fact is no club in the league has given more playing time in the first team than Arsenal in the past two seasons. :oops:

Meanwhile dem nor even get house sef. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Is this supposed to be funny? If you have nothing intelligent to contribute to the discourse, stay in your lane instead of the unnecessary abuse.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Fear of pace - Pep telling y'all....

Telling is what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something everyone knows. :lol: :lol:

Come on my man, let do better.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

This confirms my point and it also shows how our attack and shape was more right sided.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

I chose to ignore your abuse and not hit back. But there really is no need for name calling. If you do not agree with my opinion, you can disagree respectfully. Abuse does not make for respectful discourse.

We all have our opinions but it does not make us professionals. The professionals know far better than you and I will never know about the players, they work with them on a daily basis and have all the information about them. This is why they know more than any fan or supporter.

Besides, hindsight is the greatest coach. It is easy to have opinions and be critical after the game, it is another thing entirely to know how to beat your opponent before the game.

Just my two pennies worth.

Waffi my brother Oya agree with us nah :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Say it and it will make you feel better :woot:

Oya repeat after me: “The club made a big mistake in extending the contracts of Ozil, Xhacrap and Chambermaid :mrgreen:

Okay exhale now :lol:

MLK.
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

This team will come good soon...,believe that!
supereagles all the way
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Fear of pace - Pep telling y'all....

Telling is what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something everyone knows. :lol: :lol:

Come on my man, let do better.
You sure Arsenal board & scouts know? Not from the transfers they've prioritised. In a season when Pep whooped us 3 times in a week or 10days - he's @everton worried about Liverpool who didn't have an impressive central MF to speak of. Nah ima scream about this structural problem 'till we rectify it. :( :shock: :huh:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:5 goals conceded, 6 points dropped - Unai has to switch things up. Xhaka & Ozil aren't at the races - bench time - possibly make them get that confidence via Europa.
This habit of giving space to man with ball 30yds from our goal is a killer - didn't work under AW - still a problem - they can look up & pick a pass.
Auba to the bench - too many misses.
Team stay off social media till you get points - at least 12pts - too much noise - Not being emotional - bad loss.
After two games. Goodness. :ohmy:
Did winger. Win these games last season.?
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

This confirms my point and it also shows how our attack and shape was more right sided.

And all evidence both visual and factual show that your claim that we suffered offensively due to missing Chakas passing, is FALSE :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I didn't even need the additional diagram to agree that your point was well taken. I watched the game and noticed we lost our fluency in the second half. I did not attribute it to Xhaka's absence, but I do know that Xhaka helps our passing game. He deficiencies lie elsewhere, not in his passing game. Good call.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."