The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Thunder wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:This is one rumor I am open to, but I won't hold my breath.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Neres.html
Is he a CF or a winger or playmaker?
Winger. Brazilian international.
Why ? He scored against Juve so he is the new toast of the month ? Abeg if we have 45m , we should go tempt Everton for Richalson and Dash them one player join . :taunt: :taunt:

Not going to happen sha..Everton will not sell ..
Neres is all that, plus a bag of chips. Bet you haven't been watching Ajax. Go ask the Madridistas. :lol:
Neres is all of Richalson and more ?? Ok o , I hear you, thanks.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thunder wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Why ? He scored against Juve so he is the new toast of the month ? Abeg if we have 45m , we should go tempt Everton for Richalson and Dash them one player join . :taunt: :taunt:

Neres is all that, plus a bag of chips. Bet you haven't been watching Ajax. Go ask the Madridistas. :lol:
Better that Richalson of everton?I will not used this season and shrine him,Epl s another total ball game.Beside was he known this same time last year?
Hope he is good and better than most of what we have as we need a true winger.Zaha also we need look into that guy,with our system he can be a handful to handle.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:There used to be a Buffoon here who used to accuse me of all kinds of things for not sharing his worshipping the so called Armenian Pele.

The clown is on my ignore list but I assume he isn’t here any more :roll: :roll:

Mugus :lol:
Who? Robbynice?
Definitely not Robbynice. With that said, thank God for the massive 3 points today. This is the business end of the season and all that matters is the win. Fact not feelings!
Spot on bro. So easy to criticise without looking at the holistic viewpoint. Arsenal this season after Europa Thursday games are played 5 won 5. Put into proper context, Chelsea are yet to win after a midweek Europa game, losing 2 drawing 3. A remarkable record for mental midgets. Look, we have issues away from home, but we just won. There is a problem though, winning away from home does not fit in with the narrative.
Well laid out, Waffi. I look at this team and I don't see mental midgets. This is the same narrative that's been peddled about this team for the past few years, and always surfaces once we struggle in a game or lose. The team is fighting against mental 'giants' for the top 4, and are firmly in the mix, yet they are mental midgets.

The most annoying part is the TV commentary during games. Those guys tried to justify every single rough and violent play by Watford by either dismissing them as aggressive play, or describing the Arsenal players as soft. That red card came as a result of Deeney trying to apply the proverbial 'leveler' to Torreira at the beginning of the game. Its the regular blueprint for the likes of Deeney. They start a game by extreme rough play seeking to instill fear in the opponent, and set the tone for the rest of the game. Unfortunately, his antics got caught this time, and he had to walk.

Glad we won that game, whether against 10 men or not.
On Troy Deeney, there were some here who supported him when he said the following:

“Arsenal lack cojones”

He also said.

"Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it.'"

He knew what he was doing and deservedly got the red card.

My concern is this will lead to one of our players being seriously hurt because the Refs now make them fair game. What the Watford players got away with last night was down to the Ref and he was a disgrace.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:There used to be a Buffoon here who used to accuse me of all kinds of things for not sharing his worshipping the so called Armenian Pele.

The clown is on my ignore list but I assume he isn’t here any more :roll: :roll:

Who? Robbynice?
Definitely not Robbynice. With that said, thank God for the massive 3 points today. This is the business end of the season and all that matters is the win. Fact not feelings!
Spot on bro. So easy to criticise without looking at the holistic viewpoint. Arsenal this season after Europa Thursday games are played 5 won 5. Put into proper context, Chelsea are yet to win after a midweek Europa game, losing 2 drawing 3. A remarkable record for mental midgets. Look, we have issues away from home, but we just won. There is a problem though, winning away from home does not fit in with the narrative.
Well laid out, Waffi. I look at this team and I don't see mental midgets. This is the same narrative that's been peddled about this team for the past few years, and always surfaces once we struggle in a game or lose. The team is fighting against mental 'giants' for the top 4, and are firmly in the mix, yet they are mental midgets.

The most annoying part is the TV commentary during games. Those guys tried to justify every single rough and violent play by Watford by either dismissing them as aggressive play, or describing the Arsenal players as soft. That red card came as a result of Deeney trying to apply the proverbial 'leveler' to Torreira at the beginning of the game. Its the regular blueprint for the likes of Deeney. They start a game by extreme rough play seeking to instill fear in the opponent, and set the tone for the rest of the game. Unfortunately, his antics got caught this time, and he had to walk.

On Troy Deeney, there were some here who supported him when he said the following:

“Arsenal lack cojones”

He also said.

"Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think 'let me whack the first one and see who wants it.'"

My concern is this will lead to one of our players being seriously hurt because the Refs now make them fair game. What the Watford players got away with last night was down to the Ref and he was a disgrace.
It did not start today. Our title in 2008 was lost at the hands of thugs in football jerseys and the accomplice refs.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Who? Robbynice?

“Arsenal lack cojones”

He also said.

He was incompetent.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Who? Robbynice?

“Arsenal lack cojones”

He also said.

It did not start today. Our title in 2008 was lost at the hands of thugs in football jerseys and the accomplice refs.
True. But in the past 2 seasons, it has intensified again.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Xhaka on Napoli: “They have to come [at us]. We had a good result at home, we have to stay compact in defence, good balance & if we score one away goal, I think the game is finished but they are strong enough to beat us if they are not ready.” #afc

Whilst i agree we gotta stay compact with good balance, i truly believe we must take the irrepressible approach Ajax played vs Juve(yesterday) as inspiration - in our case for at least the 1st 60/65mins - we want to force them to defend deep, move their backline far from their forwards & make their fans very nervous.
Sitting back, starting passive as we've done away to Everton & Watford builds confidence for the opposition - we can't be about that life - start on the front foot.

My 11 vs Napoli - formation is 3-4-1-2 can easily morph into 3-4-1-2/5-4-1 on defence

Auba Mkhi
Ramsey
Sead Xhaka LT Niles
Monreal Kos Sokratis
Cech
I am taking pace over aesthetics - Mkhi will be encouraged to play as a 2nd striker - run at that backline every chance you get - will actually prefer Iwobi in Ramsey's spot. Xhaka & LT stay camped in front of the back 3 while crosses in must be like the way Mkhi shoots them - lots of pace(looking for deflections).
------------------------------------------------------------------

Going forward to the offseason - great piece by Gary_N - former FB who knows what he's talkin' 'bout. We need speedy wide forwards(used to be wingers) to make us more dangerous.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ier-league
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:Xhaka on Napoli: “They have to come [at us]. We had a good result at home, we have to stay compact in defence, good balance & if we score one away goal, I think the game is finished but they are strong enough to beat us if they are not ready.” #afc

Whilst i agree we gotta stay compact with good balance, i truly believe we must take the irrepressible approach Ajax played vs Juve(yesterday) as inspiration - in our case for at least the 1st 60/65mins - we want to force them to defend deep, move their backline far from their forwards & make their fans very nervous.
Sitting back, starting passive as we've done away to Everton & Watford builds confidence for the opposition - we can't be about that life - start on the front foot.

My 11 vs Napoli - formation is 3-4-1-2 can easily morph into 3-4-1-2/5-4-1 on defence

Auba Mkhi
Ramsey
Sead Xhaka LT Niles
Monreal Kos Sokratis
Cech
I am taking pace over aesthetics - Mkhi will be encouraged to play as a 2nd striker - run at that backline every chance you get - will actually prefer Iwobi in Ramsey's spot. Xhaka & LT stay camped in front of the back 3 while crosses in must be like the way Mkhi shoots them - lots of pace(looking for deflections).

Going forward to the offseason - great piece by Gary_N - former FB who knows what he's talkin' 'bout. We need speedy wide forwards(used to be wingers) to make us more dangerous.

Is Xhaka crazy?I hope that is not what Emery is also thinking.Napoli will come at us,they will leave space,we have to go for that away goal just play calm not to think of our away form,force them to defend deep.This guys need to watch how a young team like ajax balling with kids.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

How can this team play like Ajax?From what I read their set up is super from youth to first team,director of football,coaches etc.
Why do we keep going for over price players when likes of Ajax getting pure bargain and doing the job.
Look at our team and compare with this Ajax team,i doubt if we can pick more than 2 players to start in this Ajax
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

which Richalison? Na only Arsenal defenders him sabi bulldoze. Abeg we should use small money to take Zaha and Traore...make dem take turns replacing Ramsey. Even though dem be somewhat headless chickens, dem fit come good and will be worth any small money we are able to pay for them. Let them come and run at all these yeye teams that like harassing us because of gentle players like Ozil and Mkhi upfront.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

which Richalison? Na only Arsenal defenders him sabi bulldoze. Abeg we should use small money to take Zaha and Traore...make dem take turns replacing Ramsey. Even though dem be somewhat headless chickens, dem fit come good and will be worth any small money we are able to pay for them. Let them come and run at all these yeye teams that like harassing us because of gentle players like Ozil and Mkhi upfront.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am with you there. I am not with Traore though.
Zaha would be a welcome addition.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:Xhaka on Napoli: “They have to come [at us]. We had a good result at home, we have to stay compact in defence, good balance & if we score one away goal, I think the game is finished but they are strong enough to beat us if they are not ready.” #afc

Auba Mkhi
Ramsey
Sead Xhaka LT Niles
Monreal Kos Sokratis
Cech

Is Xhaka crazy?I hope that is not what Emery is also thinking.Napoli will come at us,they will leave space,we have to go for that away goal just play calm not to think of our away form,force them to defend deep.This guys need to watch how a young team like ajax balling with kids.
Xhaka comes across as lacking in confidence with that quote - why don't we go all out on the 2 fronts - top 4 & Europa league Cup? Everyone around us apart from ManU are about that life right now. Like you i hope Unai has an ambitious plan - gotta force them to defend.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Auba Mkhi
Ramsey
Sead Xhaka LT Niles
Monreal Kos Sokratis
Cech

Xhaka comes across as lacking in confidence with that quote - why don't we go all out on the 2 fronts - top 4 & Europa league Cup? Everyone around us apart from ManU are about that life right now. Like you i hope Unai has an ambitious plan - gotta force them to defend.
Not to worry. Xhaka is calling for balance, I understand why, but he knows we cannot play a defensive game.

If he plays Torreira and Xhaka as pivots, Sokratis and Kos as CDs, Laca and Auba up front, having Ozil and Ramsey in support. Niles and Kolasinac will out run their wide attackers and FBs. These group plays anywhere close to their best, we will be more than happy. Napoli will have to play out of their skins to beat us on Thursday.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

I am good with Zaha also but Traore hmmm what a wasted talent ... that boy has had horrible coaches. But Abeg I dont want Neres , he was shiite again yesterday against Juve made wrong decisions everytime and over played , the commentators complain tire ...if he had kept it simple Juve for take 5 chop yesterday. In fact the whole Ajax team wasted chances yesterday, they would have easily embarrassed Juve at home.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Auba Mkhi
Ramsey
Sead Xhaka LT Niles
Monreal Kos Sokratis
Cech

Not to worry. Xhaka is calling for balance, I understand why, but he knows we cannot play a defensive game.

If he plays Torreira and Xhaka as pivots, Sokratis and Kos as CDs, Laca and Auba up front, having Ozil and Ramsey in support. Niles and Kolasinac will out run their wide attackers and FBs. These group plays anywhere close to their best, we will be more than happy. Napoli will have to play out of their skins to beat us on Thursday.

Xhaka has his humble moments - but i might be reaching. For all the issues Ozil created playing thru the lines in the 1st leg & Ramsey coming from deep - i'll rather go at them with a couple more direct players who can attack with the ball(playing off Auba) - we need to turn a hostile Napoli fanbase into a Latin Nervous one quick - i expect Unai to pick mainly as he did in London with Xhaka in. Front foot start!!!!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Spurs should forget about EPL top 4 and focus on CL football. Maybe they can beat AJAX ... Just Maybe.
Hopefully Man City is angry enough to beat the crap out of them on Saturday ...
United has only Top 4 to play for ...
Bepanda
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bepanda wrote:Spurs should forget about EPL top 4 and focus on CL football. Maybe they can beat AJAX ... Just Maybe.
Bepanda
I just saw replays! Shitey was robbed on Sterling's third goal. Not offside.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Adama Traore of Wolves. :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Auba Mkhi
Ramsey
Sead Xhaka LT Niles
Monreal Kos Sokratis
Cech

Xhaka has his humble moments - but i might be reaching. For all the issues Ozil created playing thru the lines in the 1st leg & Ramsey coming from deep - i'll rather go at them with a couple more direct players who can attack with the ball(playing off Auba) - we need to turn a hostile Napoli fanbase into a Latin Nervous one quick - i expect Unai to pick mainly as he did in London with Xhaka in. Front foot start!!!!
Front foot start. The key
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Pep is the Caraboa cup KING.
Over $1billion spent at Bayern, Man City ... no CL finals.
Pep is just a loser.
Bepanda
Nkume wrote:
bepanda wrote:Spurs should forget about EPL top 4 and focus on CL football. Maybe they can beat AJAX ... Just Maybe.
Bepanda
I just saw replays! Shitey was robbed on Sterling's third goal. Not offside.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I am an unapologetic Emery stan but...for the love Mr.Bergkamp all Gooners implore Emery to unleash the proverbial Kraken. This team does not do conservatism, this team awful when opposition has the momentum. Please El Padrino do not play to 1st leg result.

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

I am good with Zaha also but Traore hmmm what a wasted talent ... that boy has had horrible coaches. But Abeg I dont want Neres , he was shiite again yesterday against Juve made wrong decisions everytime and over played , the commentators complain tire ...if he had kept it simple Juve for take 5 chop yesterday. In fact the whole Ajax team wasted chances yesterday, they would have easily embarrassed Juve at home.
Glad we agree on Traore. Not sure about Neres either.

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I am an unapologetic Emery stan but...for the love Mr.Bergkamp all Gooners implore Emery to unleash the proverbial Kraken. This team does not do conservatism, this team awful when opposition has the momentum. Please El Padrino do not play to 1st leg result.

Precisely. Also that stadium is known for its stifling atmosphere.
We cannot let our opponents or their fans get into our heads.
Momentum is key.

Bryne V. Deane [1937]