The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by pajimoh »

cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Early baptism of fire for Unai. First game is at home vs City and second game is on the road Vs Chelshyt :shock:
Let them bring it on.

I am beginning to warm to this Emery guy especially as he sabi watch game video pass Mourinho.
Una get mouth sha. After the games you go then open ya Bible to Lamentations and your computer to ArsenalfanTV :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Early baptism of fire for Unai. First game is at home vs City and second game is on the road Vs Chelshyt :shock:
Let them bring it on.

I am beginning to warm to this Emery guy especially as he sabi watch game video pass Mourinho.
Una get mouth sha. After the games you go then open ya Bible to Lamentations and your computer to ArsenalfanTV :rotf: :rotf:
Not that you have anything to laugh about being a Spuds fan. But I will wait to see what our team/squad will be. Although he lost 6 of the 10 meetings against Pep, he got 4 creditable draws against an all conquering Barca team.

I am keen to see how we shape up as a team before making any judgements.

How are Aldi and Dembele doing? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
But, I do not see any of Ozil, Ramsey or Xhaka leaving. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:curse:
I know it is a long shot but of all 3, there is a good case to be made for him being sold if good money comes in for him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Good game for Torriera to show you he is as hard as nails despite his size, if signed.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ebyboy wrote:Yep. A lovely first three games of the season.
That ought to focus minds and make everyone
around the club concentrate mightily.
True words.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Kylian Mbappé on @C8TV: "I dream of being managed by Arsène Wenger. He is French, he's had a great career & now he is free because he has left Arsenal."

Then why did you not join us?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Kylian Mbappé on @C8TV: "I dream of being managed by Arsène Wenger. He is French, he's had a great career & now he is free because he has left Arsenal."

Maybe we were not ruthless nor aggressive enough in our pursuit? I know the AW of those days would have gotten him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Maybe he wanted to challenge for more than an FA Cup???
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
Good game for Torriera to show you he is as hard as nails despite his size, if signed.
Arsenal will have zero points after the first two matches...what a way to welcome Unery or whatever his name is to the EPL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Let them bring it on.

Not that you have anything to laugh about being a Spuds fan. But I will wait to see what our team/squad will be. Although he lost 6 of the 10 meetings against Pep, he got 4 creditable draws against an all conquering Barca team.

Defender of the yanshnel realm, must you always go into a tirade just because a Spurs fan mentioned yanshnel? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:Kylian Mbappé on @C8TV: "I dream of being managed by Arsène Wenger. He is French, he's had a great career & now he is free because he has left Arsenal."

Because you are a Europa League team! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Arsenal will have zero points after the first two matches...what a way to welcome Unery or whatever his name is to the EPL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Bros...na so you dey do your team ? Come back home o ..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Bros...na so you dey do your team ? Come back home o ..
No mind oloye, Wenger don comot yet im still dey perambulate up and down.

Somebody lock this yeye thread, world cup wan start :tic:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Again this is a clear case of comprehension deficit ... do I need ya best bud Sisi Yemisi to make it even clearer for you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Wanna bet? Arsenal will get at least 4 points from both matches. Will remind you.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

azuka wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Wanna bet? Arsenal will get at least 4 points from both matches. Will remind you.
I dey wait. City will chop una take do welcome party. Na Chelsea i nor dey sure of because of weting dem do oga Roman, e fit refuse to pay salaries of the players sef.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Let them bring it on.

Defender of the yanshnel realm, must you always go into a tirade just because a Spurs fan mentioned yanshnel? :tic:
A tirade! Far from it. :taunt: :taunt:

Where will Dembele and Aldi play next season? :tic:
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Uruguayan media outlets are reporting the Arsenal agreement for Torreira. I am beginning to believe. :D :D

Liverpool got Fabinho and Keita, United added Fred to Matic, yet rumors of 5-5 Uruguayan dey make you wet ya knickers ???

Ok oh :taunt:
Who cares about them? I only care about my Arsenal.

So long as we are doing the right thing and signing top quality, I know where it will take us with this Coach. I trust him like I trusted the last Manager.

Rumours of a deal for the goal keeper also. Now we need a tricky winger with goals. So far today, a lot of rumours of Arsenal agreeing deals with 3 players, one CD, one GK and Torreira.

Torreira is tough as nails, in Uruguay they do not make them soft. They are hard as nails.

Do not forget all these transition from the 3 FA cups winning team started this time last year.

9 players have gone from the squad since, I see at least 7 going this summer and January. But, I do not see any of Ozil, Ramsey or Xhaka leaving. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.
Last edited by bk-one on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Again this is a clear case of comprehension deficit ... do I need ya best bud Sisi Yemisi to make it even clearer for you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :woot:
Again, I say Torreira's size will have no bearing on how he performs. Wanna bet? :taunt: :taunt:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote:
azuka wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
I dey wait. City will chop una take do welcome party. Na Chelsea i nor dey sure of because of weting dem do oga Roman, e fit refuse to pay salaries of the players sef.
Pleasant surprises await you then.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.[/quote]

I do think it is possible to get the best of both players..they would not just play together...we have lots of games to satisfy them playing ...however I like a midfielder that scores goals , has delayed runs that are unpredictable and has lungs to runs end to end for 90 mins ..all that defines Ramsey. Xhaka on the other hand requires his best to come out when he has someone doing the dirty work for him, my question for you is ...what is that best ? and dont we get that "best" already from two other midfielders at least.. Xhaka really only has long range passing, shot from outside the box and set piece ...these three we can get from Elneny plus the running sef.

I do think Xhaka is a luxury we can afford to do without , keep El neny , buy a new Kante , keep Ramsey, dash Jack out and promote Niles and we will be good.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Siddonlook11 wrote:As much as Xhaka has been frustrating since joining Arsenal, we have to consider the fact that he played in a system which made him worse than he actually is. I have been following bundesliga over the last couple of seasons(geographical reasons) and I havent seen him play as bad as he has been for Arsenal. He had Hävard Nordveit playing with him as the main defensive midfielder. The system Monchengladbach played got the best out of him coz as much as he way required to do the dirty work that wasnt really his primary role. The main defensive guy in that midfield was Nordveit. The other thing was the team's midfield was more compact than the lose arsenal midfield he has been playing in at arsenal. His lack of pace was barely exposed. Nemanja Matic is not blessed with pace but when Chelsea won the league with Kante partnering him, He had his best season in the premier league because he was not exposed as compared to Xhaka at Arsenal. The system Arsenal played got the best out of Aaron Ramsey at the expense of his midfield partners and the whole team. With that said if Arsenal goes back to that system again, Ramsey(still believe that he can still play well if he can do most of his runs across the midfield rather than always running forward thus exposing his central midfield partner) is going to score of course a lot of goals but the team is going to suffer like they have been doing over the last couple of years....It wont matter whether they bring Kante/Torreira. The likes of Mustafi are gonna be exposed a countless times like they have been under the previous manager. With that said before people give up on the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka, lets wait to see how they will play under a different manager and a different system.
I do think it is possible to get the best of both players..they would not just play together...we have lots of games to satisfy them playing ...however I like a midfielder that scores goals , has delayed runs that are unpredictable and has lungs to runs end to end for 90 mins ..all that defines Ramsey. Xhaka on the other hand requires his best to come out when he has someone doing the dirty work for him, my question for you is ...what is that best ? and dont we get that "best" already from two other midfielders at least.. Xhaka really only has long range passing, shot from outside the box and set piece ...these three we can get from Elneny plus the running sef.

I do think Xhaka is a luxury we can afford to do without , keep El neny , buy a new Kante , keep Ramsey, dash Jack out and promote Niles and we will be good.[/quote]

The likes of Kante, Matic or even Fernandinho are still scoring goals without leaving a gaping hole in midfield which have been common trend for arsenal midfield.....when arsenal was playing with coq and carzola in central midfield, they were less exposed to counter attacks than when its Xhaka/Ramsey combo or whoever is partnering Ramsey.....why? I am glad that you mentioned luxury.....luxury is your central midfield scoring goals(whilst leaving a gaping hole in midfield for the opponent to exploit). The main job of a central midfielder is first to offer protection to defense, create balance both in attack and defense, and then provide the base for attackers to do their job. Too much of one at the expense of the other usually creates a problem....scoring goals from midfield is a bonus....the most important aspect is the above mentioned.

Anyways lets wait and see but one thing I guarantee you is that the amount of goals Ramsey will score will depend on the shape of the team. If Emery tells him to sit and help his partner, the team will concede less number of goals and he will score less or he will continue doing the same old same old and things will stay the same till the manager either bench him or the team will stay the same like they were with wenger