The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:Last 4 years:

Liverpool spend = £422.5 million
Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

Imagine if it was Arsenal?
Post of the thread so far! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Whats the net spend, or does net spend, Netflix, Netanyahu only apply to specific attempts at casuistry?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wenger on the importance of the FA Cup and how overrated the Champions League is...

The Frenchman, who opened up with an apology for the 2-0 Champions League qualifying defeat by Schalke, said:
For me, there are five trophies. I say that because if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask 'did you win the League Cup?', they ask you 'do you play in the Champions League?.

...For me, there are five trophies. The first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, third is to qualify for the Champions League, fourth is the FA Cup and the fifth the League Cup".

sauce: raw sauce. no ketchup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

At least Liverpool is making an effort. Arsenal is making Kroenke profits and are currently in 6th place playing in Europa league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:At least Liverpool is making an effort. Arsenal is making Kroenke profits and are currently in 6th place playing in Europa league.
You just noticed. :roll:

Been saying this here for over 18 months. Where have you been? :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:

Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

You AKB mongs and your selective reasoning. Let Klopp go twelve seasons without winning zilch and ending up mid-table then come back and we can discuss.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

You AKB mongs and your selective reasoning. Let Klopp go twelve seasons without winning zilch and ending up mid-table then come back and we can discuss.
No, we are telling so called Arsenal fans to show some bloody passion and support for their team. Wenger is gone now, I don't want to hear $@#% from fake fans anymore.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

No, we are telling so called Arsenal fans to show some bloody passion and support for their team. Wenger is gone now, I don't want to hear $@#% from fake fans anymore.
you should practice what you preach......wenger has not been gone a month, and you wengerbabes are reminiscing with your
useless static micro stats that mean nothing.......get a life
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

Eh ya kpele ohhh ..: is this ya fall back? :woot: See ode :rotf: looking a like weird cat without whiskers :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: : imagine how much noise ya empty vessel would be making today had Floppy somehow pulled out a victory yesterday ..:: anyway God don catch you egbe oshi
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

you should practice what you preach......wenger has not been gone a month, and you wengerbabes are reminiscing with your
Take your own advice.

Emery has not even landed yet and people are talking rubbish. You guys should let Arsenal do their thing. If you are a fan, you number 1 responsibility is to support the team and play the 12th man. That is what we lacked last year.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

Take your own advice.

Emery has not even landed yet and people are talking rubbish. You guys should let Arsenal do their thing. If you are a fan, you number 1 responsibility is to support the team and play the 12th man. That is what we lacked last year.
... can produce any posts where I have slated Emery? No? i thought so :roll:
fyi......the board are next on the chopping block
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Andrija Živković. I like a lot. Come on Arsenal, get it across the line.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Coach wrote:Whats the net spend, or does net spend, Netflix, Netanyahu only apply to specific attempts at casuistry?

exactly.
Liverpool got what, close to 200m from selling Suarez + Coutinho?

Our only player that could have brought something somewhat close to that was allowed to nearly run down his contract, and then swapped to salvage any value for Mkhitaryan.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:Andrija Živković. I like a lot. Come on Arsenal, get it across the line.

very good player...however, he has a release clause of £52.5 million...will Arsenal spend that much on a 21-yr old with one breakout season?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
exactly.
Liverpool got what, close to 200m from selling Suarez + Coutinho?

Our only player that could have brought something somewhat close to that was allowed to nearly run down his contract, and then swapped to salvage any value for Mkhitaryan.
You have to laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suddenly, net spend matters. For over 10 years, Arsenal had a positive net spend and stayed in the top 4, everytime I put the figure, although you were not as bad, you did complain. Suddenly, you want to use the same net spend as an excuse for a club that has spent far more in a shorter period of time to achieve less. They have been in the CL 2 seasons in the period of spend as stated in the stats.

Liverpool's net spend is all over Google because their fans are desperately using it to masked their failings, if you want it you can go get it.

But this is a far more important point and it exposes why net spend is usually a problematic stat. In the CL final, we know Liverpool starting 11 was more expensive than RM cos Bale was on the bench. We also know Liverpool has spent more than RM in the last 5 years. But the most important spend in any sport is the wage bill, RM pay far more than Liverpool, and this was reflected in the final itself. RM's substitution of Isco for Bale was a huge improvement because it contributed massively to them winning the game. Compare and contrast the effect of the loss of Salah and Lalana's coming in. No Liverpool earns the type of wage Bale earns, even more important, RM was able to pay him such a huge wage to keep him away from the clutches of ManU. To keep your best players who tend to make the difference when the chips are down, you must pay the wages, it is the defining factor for winning and losing in any sport. If you pay the highest salary, you tend to keep your best players.

I return to net spend. Do you think Liverpool would have lost that game had they kept Suarez and Coutinho? Would Liverpool have preferred to have the players or the money last Saturday in Kiev? We all know the answer, no club wants to seel their best players and it is usually more difficult to replace these sorts of players. If Liverppol had matched Barca's wages and added another 50,000 per week, those players would have stayed at Liverpool and the chances are they would have won the CL.

Net spend is all well and good, but I often lamented that figure preferring to keep the players instead. But if the players want to go because you cannot pay up, they you sell and your net spend really means nothing.

In the last 5 years, Liverpool's net spend is 45m. Under Klopp, it is 18m.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Andrija Živković. I like a lot. Come on Arsenal, get it across the line.

very good player...however, he has a release clause of £52.5 million...will Arsenal spend that much on a 21-yr old with one breakout season?
A good and reliable rumour source has been banging on about this since January. We tried really hard then but could not get it over the line. The club are digging in for the release clause money, Arsenal want to pay less.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sokratis rumours heating up. Talk of Arsenal not wanting to meet Dortmund's valuation. Where have we heard that before? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the move makes sense. He is an experienced defender who can guide Mavropanos for the next couple of seasons.

Something I recently found out, Sokratis and Mavropanos share the same agent who has a strong relationship with Sven Mislintat.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:Sokratis rumours heating up. Talk of Arsenal not wanting to meet Dortmund's valuation. Where have we heard that before? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the move makes sense. He is an experienced defender who can guide Mavropanos for the next couple of seasons.

Something I recently found out, Sokratis and Mavropanos share the same agent who has a strong relationship with Sven Mislintat.

have we wrapped up the deal for the new Mertesacker yet?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Ed Aarons
@ed_aarons
Arsenal move for Stephan Lichtsteiner is interesting. His brother is an influential agent who worked on Ousmane Dembele to Dortmund deal
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rumour has it Barca are not happy with Dembele, apparently, prior to the penultimate game vs Levante, as the resident DJ for the dressing room, it was expected that he'd lead with Vivir Ma Vida before blending in some Despacito. How far from the truth expectation fell. JHus bellowed from the boom box, closely followed by Trap Trap in the Bando. A biopsy of the dressing wall was submitted for histological analysis. Initial impression, something cancerous.

Lichtsteiner coming in could well be to pave the way for Dembele, who, might one add, was best man at Thomas Lemar's wedding. Both have a BFFL tattoo overlying their carpal tunnel. #MakeItHappen
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

A good and reliable rumour source has been banging on about this since January. We tried really hard then but could not get it over the line. The club are digging in for the release clause money, Arsenal want to pay less.

If I had a dollar for the amount of times Waffis sources and fables have been wrong I’d be richer than Usmanov :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“I want to say to the board: can you just stop bringing in young players for one year? We've had enough of young players. The club is full of them. It's been like this for 15 years now, we need something else.

“We need talented experienced players. We need big characters and big personalities. This is what has been missing. For me, £60 million is ridiculous.”
Petit na mad man :rotf:

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:Sokratis rumours heating up. Talk of Arsenal not wanting to meet Dortmund's valuation. Where have we heard that before? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A real shift in mentality in that defence, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Lichtsteiner and Sokratis is "hard" tough tackling men...

I'd still like to see a defensive midfield player like Ndidi who can cover defensive ground and make tackles come in though as a replacement for Wilshere & Coquelin. Xhaka, Elneny, Ramsey and that player should be the four competing for the 2 midfield roles in Emery's preferred 4-2-3-1.

We need to give Emery all the tools he needs to succeed. I don't see any reason why we should not break back into the top 4 next season.
To God be the glory