The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

“I actually think Arsenal's set of players in the worst in the top six. If you see where teams should finish judged on their squad I'd say they should finish sixth and at this moment they're fourth,' said the former Liverpool man on Sky Sports. 'I think that shows the job he's doing and that's the change here in the stadium.'

“'He's working with a squad that's limited, in the sense that you're thinking it should be finishing sixth in the league, but he's doing brilliantly with it.'”

Gary Neville ....

'The team he wants is a more intensive team than the one we saw under Arsene Wenger. Even under Wenger you never really got the stadium like that. There's an intensity about it. Coming here in the last four years I haven't really seen that.'”

- Carragher.

Oya go fight them Waffi :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Said it time and again but Emery is all the way legit.

Hallmark of top manager is winning games despite injuries and fatigue. No Holding, Bellerin, Welbeck, Torreira, fatigued Iwobi and Guendouzi..no matter Emery again schooled rival top 6 manager in a must win game.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please don’t let Shady Waffi and that Daft Duckling Nkume see this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:thumb: :thumb:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done. TG and Aniks, you guys take it easy.

As a Gooner and one who said here my choice to replace Wenger will be Emery whenever the time comes. I am enjoying my trips to the Emirates again, and along with thousands of others I am happy we are involved in the thick of things thanks first to our improvement from last season and a drop in standards of the others around us.

First let me address tactics and formation. Have a look at that formation, 3 up top with Ozil starting on the right, drifting anywhere along the lines with the other 2 complimenting Ozil's runs. Where have we seen this before? Wenger played exactly that formation, with similar tactics, for well over 2 seasons, winning a Cup and games against the top 4 at the Emirates.

Even I said here we will not see Ramsey play deep in midfield again under Emery, I was wrong. Emery changed it and played Ramsey in the same 3-4-3 midfield system we played many times with the same players, and we saw why. It left many fans really frustrated we are letting Ramsey go. He was the man in that midfield, look how he sorted out Pogba in that game. Ramsey, ran, sprinted, tackled, blocked, passed....., any metric you want to mention, he taught that ManU midfield a lesson.

All those who criticised Emery were right. Whilst I urged caution and patience, they were right to point out how issues around Ozil was affecting results, Emery approach and tactics, plus the fact that he was not playing his best players. Look at how results have turned since he started playing his best players.

We lost 7 out of 14 to bottom teams, the players, the fans, the club on the verge of crisis, the Coach acquiesced changed his ways. Emery is no mug, he knew he had to make changes, he listened and he did. The likes of Skololo and Azuka, have got what they wanted from the Coach. They were right to voice their concerns and a lot of people in that stadium and social media were exactly like them in making these demands.

Finally, be careful how you make noise, because it will come to bite you one way or another. You and TG claimed Wenger left Emery rubbish players when we were losing, now we are winning, that comment is being exposed for exactly what it was - BS. Remember, 8 of the starters in that game yesterday were all under Wenger, plus a youth team product, Wenger nurtured to the first team.

This is far from over, we need to be humble and together because we now have a scrap for 2 CL places with 3 other teams. A single injury to any of our top players, we will struggle. We really need to be united as fans and support our team, it is the only way we can get across that line, it us why I gave been trying to get us united, reminding the moaners how we win things. Hopefully, we match on to CL football, cone May.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Well done. TG and Aniks, you guys take it easy.

As a Gooner and one who said here my choice to replace Wenger will be Emery whenever the time comes. I am enjoying my trips to the Emirates again, and along with thousands of others I am happy we are involved in the thick of things thanks first to our improvement from last season and a drop in standards of the others around us.

FLIP FLOP !!!!

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

All those who criticised Emery were right. Whilst I urged caution and patience, they were right to point out how issues around Ozil was affecting results, Emery approach and tactics, plus the fact that he was not playing his best players. Look at how results have turned since he started playing his best players.
Those who criticized Emery are football Know Nothings with an agenda and they have been exposed and unmasked :idea:

Secondly you were not urging caution, but merely flip flopping and fence jumping .., WaYo man, you think we don’t know ya MO by now :taunt: :taunt:

Just admit you lacked courage and conviction about Unai. I know how you attacked forumers and even players like the Ox and Alexis. Yet a proven lout like Ozil was left off the hook while Know Nothings ceaselessly attacked Unai over the Buffoon, and you said nada.

Yeah keep flip flopping and playing percentages, just like you do on Match days when you hide under ya couch instead of manning up and being online during the game. But after the fact na so you go descend on forum like winter cloud with ya hot air.

Man mi you be my guy but ya WaYo ways too much sef :taunt:

Ozil has been proven bloody irrelevant by Unai. He had Zero impact on the game yesterday. A total walk about with nothing to show ... Abeg make we hear word.

I do credit Rambo though. He played very well as a #4.

Just showing professionalism and commitment unlike that hopeless other one that no team wants :idea:
Last edited by anikulapo on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [EPL] Arsenal vs Manchester united(2-0)

Post by Robbynice »

Mister Dolly wrote:Coach? Keep it simple? Are you new on this board? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Better go take lessons in Coach's school of grammar :lol:
charlie wrote:
Coach wrote:
charlie wrote:MoM for me is Niles. He has been immense for Arsenal on that right back position.
Extra nodes as well to General Ozil, Xhaka, & Ramsey

Great all around performance.
Really? Sentiment aside, absolutely not. Made a few blocks, lost the ball a fair few times, questionable decision making on occasions. Certainly picked up from a shite start. Aubemayang dropping back to help out in the channels worked a treat. Ramsey put in a decent shift. Lacazette worked hard but as ever, now Wiltord than Henry. A few takers for MoM. In truth, the accolade is Emeribe’s.
Nna Coach when it comes to language, less is more.
Can you just keep it simple for chineke's sake?

Again, just voicing my opinion. I tend to favor defensive performances more that attacking plays in choosing my best performing players. Niles for me disrupted everything United tried to do on that right flank that is why he gets my MotM nod.
He must definitely be new to the board. Telling coach less is more... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the euphoria of Paris win has not worn off of United players, while Arsenal players wanted to redeem themselves from Thurs shallacking.
The first goal, albeit it was swerving and knuckle-like ball, de Gea should have saved it.
The miss by Lukaku cemented that it was not their day.
Both teams were equal just luck and questionable call (the pk) made the difference.
Watch Arsenal go fall vs a lowly side, while United o pull off a miracle somewhere.
Football is funny, all depend on what side of the bed you woke that day.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Having made brief substitute appearances in Hoffenheim's recent fixtures against RB Leipzig and Eintracht Frankfurt, Nelson was left out of the matchday squad for Die Kraichgauer's 2-1 win over Nurnberg, with Nagelsmann confirming after the match that this was an "educational measure" rather than an injury issue.
Cheiii I was looking forward to watching Hoffenheim’s game but turned away after seeing Reiss wasn’t even on the bench .... Looks like he is in the dog house.

Haba son don’t blow it ohhh :scared:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

How many points are we better off than last year at the same stage? Is that something like 13 points?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:yesterday game was like PSG, 2 mistakes from their keeper and a penalty from VAR, same, 1 mistake from Degea and a soft penalty, nothing much to take from that game, only saving grace is Spurs and Chelsea dropped points, so today there is only 1 point difference, may games to be played, united had an off day off, will happen, has happened, next game, they will improve
VAR would have cancelled that PK

very very wrong call

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mcal wrote:...the euphoria of Paris win has not worn off of United players, while Arsenal players wanted to redeem themselves from Thurs shallacking.
:roll:
wtf is 'off of'

why not just 'worn off'

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:How many points are we better off than last year at the same stage? Is that something like 13 points?

Shhhhh don’t say it too loud it might hurt the feelings of Waffi, SkyLoco, Azuka and some other Sissy’s :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:How many points are we better off than last year at the same stage? Is that something like 13 points?

Shhhhh don’t say it too loud it might hurt the feelings of Waffi, SkyLoco, Azuka and some other Sissy’s :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Thank God you didn't mention my name... :biggrin:

With that said, I am just glad we are ALL happy. In Unai we trust. :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Thank God you didn't mention my name... :biggrin:

With that said, I am just glad I AM NOT happy. In Unai we DONT trust. :clap:

Abeg Abeg take ya bad luck Comot ohhh .... :tic: Abeg :taunt: :taunt:

I DON REVERSE YA CURSE :tic:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

HATERS BE QUIET :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tfco wrote:
mcal wrote:...the euphoria of Paris win has not worn off of United players, while Arsenal players wanted to redeem themselves from Thurs shallacking.
wtf is 'off of'

why not just 'worn off'
...that good too. Glad you grasped the message, and do instruct your club to never rest on one laurel :biggrin:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Those who criticized Emery are football Know Nothings with an agenda and they have been exposed and unmasked :idea:

Secondly you were not urging caution, but merely flip flopping and fence jumping .., WaYo man, you think we don’t know ya MO by now :taunt: :taunt:

Just admit you lacked courage and conviction about Unai. I know how you attacked forumers and even players like the Ox and Alexis. Yet a proven lout like Ozil was left off the hook while Know Nothings ceaselessly attacked Unai over the Buffoon, and you said nada.

Yeah keep flip flopping and playing percentages, just like you do on Match days when you hide under ya couch instead of manning up and being online during the game. But after the fact na so you go descend on forum like winter cloud with ya hot air.

Ozil has been proven bloody irrelevant by Unai. He had Zero impact on the game yesterday. A total walk about with nothing to show ... Abeg make we hear word.

Just showing professionalism and commitment unlike that hopeless other one that no team wants :idea:
Back to your Ozil BS. What about Xhaka? :lol: :lol:
I am tired of these your dead Ozil trobes. Let's talk about the game. That was a very interesting game to watch tactically. Ole Gunnar, was the first to make his move when he realised playing 4-4-2 against Arsenal was a mistake, he changed it 4 times, he even ended up matching us in a 3-4-3 but Emery and his players never let up. Wanna talk about that?

How did Ramsey (My motm) win it for Arsenal? Why was he so effective in nullifying ManU, thus creating spaces for Xhaka to play. How did Ozil drifting in and out of the ManU defence and midfield line affect ManU? And how did Auba and Laca compliment his movement? How did this help Ozil, for who there was a plan to mark out of the game?

ManU made sure Ozil did not get space to play, so he had to find it, he was not given the chance to be at his best, just like we did not give Pogba the chance to ge at his best. That said, Ozil still created the most chances (4) and the highest successful pass rate (91%) and 3 ball recoveries (2nd most) to ensure we don't lose possession.

Both Pogba and Ozil were not at their best thanks to opposition set up to deal with the threat they posed, but Ozil still played his role and part in the team's success. Football is a team sport and if one player get targeted by opposition its for others to pick up their own game and exploit the spaces created. This is where Xhaka came into his own. Watch his goal, no one was 4 yards close to one of the most dangerous long range goal scorers in the game just outside the box. You can bet that was not ManU's plan, it was great play by Arsenal.

Why were we better at playing out of defence than ManU? We pressed more than ManU, we were also far more effective with our press, but when we pressed or played out of defence our shape was different to what we have seen in the last 4 games when we have Mikh and Iwobi in the team. How was it different? How did Kolasinac and Monreal influence this aspect of our game?

ManU came to attack our RB, they rightly identified it as a weakness, thinking Mustafi will play. Emery did not just play Niles, who was outstanding defensively, he also had a plan to block and contain ManU's offensive power on that side. What was Arsenal's basic shape in dealing with Shaw, Rashford and Pogba on that side?

You want to talk, football, let's talk. I have been involved in these discussions since yesterday in pubs and social media. Be nice to see discussions like those here. If not, I fark off.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Also, we are agreed on this and Emery. He is a very clever, astute man. He knows when to play his main players. Just look at this with Ramsey, he has started him in all these big games and we got the result when we needed it most.

Aaron Ramsey's top 3 performances this season:

1) Pocketing Jorginho at the Emirates vs Chelsea.
2) Pocketing Pogba at the Emirates vs ManU
3) Making Dier his *Nice Lady* at the Emirates vs Spuds

Big game player!

But we withdrew our agreed contract offer. I hope those who made the decision have a plan.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mcal wrote:
tfco wrote:
wtf is 'off of'

why not just 'worn off'
...that good too. Glad you grasped the message, and do instruct your club to never rest on one laurel :biggrin:
it is not good TOO

worn off, simple

do you get off of the floor, or 'off the floor'?
do not ruin the language

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I am tired of these your dead Ozil trobes. Let's talk about the game. That was a very interesting game to watch tactically. Ole Gunnar, was the first to make his move when he realised playing 4-4-2 against Arsenal was a mistake, he changed it 4 times, he even ended up matching us in a 3-4-3 but Emery and his players never let up. Wanna talk about that?

How did Ramsey (My motm) win it for Arsenal? Why was he so effective in nullifying ManU, thus creating spaces for Xhaka to play. How did Ozil drifting in and out of the ManU defence and midfield line affect ManU? And how did Auba and Laca compliment his movement? How did this help Ozil, for who there was a plan to mark out of the game?

ManU made sure Ozil did not get space to play, so he had to find it, he was not given the chance to be at his best, just like we did not give Pogba the chance to ge at his best. That said, Ozil still created the most chances (4) and the highest successful pass rate (91%) and 3 ball recoveries (2nd most) to ensure we don't lose possession.

Both Pogba and Ozil were not at their best thanks to opposition set up to deal with the threat they posed, but Ozil still played his role and part in the team's success. Football is a team sport and if one player get targeted by opposition its for others to pick up their own game and exploit the spaces created. This is where Xhaka came into his own. Watch his goal, no one was 4 yards close to one of the most dangerous long range goal scorers in the game just outside the box. You can bet that was not ManU's plan, it was great play by Arsenal.

Why were we better at playing out of defence than ManU? We pressed more than ManU, we were also far more effective with our press, but when we pressed or played out of defence our shape was different to what we have seen in the last 4 games when we have Mikh and Iwobi in the team. How was it different? How did Kolasinac and Monreal influence this aspect of our game?

ManU came to attack our RB, they rightly identified it as a weakness, thinking Mustafi will play. Emery did not just play Niles, who was outstanding defensively, he also had a plan to block and contain ManU's offensive power on that side. What was Arsenal's basic shape in dealing with Shaw, Rashford and Pogba on that side?

You want to talk, football, let's talk. I have been involved in these discussions since yesterday in pubs and social media. Be nice to see discussions like those here. If not, I fark off.
Why wasting energy discussing tactics with Aniks? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Save it.
All those of us called "anti-Emery mob" ever wanted was for him to play his best players injury permitted and stop fighting an imaginary battle with himself. I guess that was too much for some people to understand. Now that he did we all saw the result. Just imagine if he has been doing that how solid this team will be by now.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Why wasting energy discussing tactics with Aniks? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Save it.
All those of us called "anti-Emery mob" ever wanted was for him to play his best players injury permitted and stop fighting an imaginary battle with himself. I guess that was too much for some people to understand. Now that he did we all saw the result. Just imagine if he has been doing that how solid this team will be by now.
Now. Don't start another one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But once again, a solid point. One which is being debated and talked about already. Some have already worked out games where injury permitting and with more courage, we will be 7 to 10 points better off. In a example is the Spuds game, where the arguement is, if he had played this team, with Jenks at RB, we would have taken 3 points.

I leave it to those who want to argue these matters, my position is, we have a new man he needs time. We are beginning to see the fruits of time. Hopefully, we get top 4 to quash this debate.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Okay fair enough let’s talk football.

When I saw the lineup I was scared and thought Unai was on a suicide mission with both strikers, Ozil, Xhaka and Ramsey all in the lineup together :ohmy: But Unai showed some courage and took the fight to United from the opening.

Again not to pick on him again but Ozil was useless. Especially in the first twenty minutes when he was free to dictate at will, and United were on the ropes and chasing shadows. The man actually showed he is officially finished as a footballer. Multiple times he had chances to drive in and shoot or make the killer pass. What I saw was a player totally bereft of all confidence and assertiveness. The man is useless and has to go.

On the other hand, I’ve gotta hand it to Xhacrap and Rambo. Yes I called him Rambo. Playing in his best suited #4 spot he ran that midfield. Unlike some I am objective and not short on giving credit when credit is due. He was sensational. Even Xhacrap showed some defensive awareness as he dove in to save a sure goal.

Just like Newcastle, I was shocked that United gave him time and space on the ball. And he showed that he can deliver when afforded that. Much credit to him. But please enough with the bogus chance created stats. Those are so shady and duplicitous I shouldn’t even respond to them. You do know that that includes corner kicks and free kicks and even throw ins right. Please stop with the false hood or you just can’t help ya self :taunt: :taunt:

Anyway Man of the Match for me was Maitland-Niles. He won Pogba’s praise for his performance in midfield (his natural position) last season, and after a shaky first half, he was immense again filling in for HB at right back. Why Unai didn’t play him in France is beyond me.

I have to credit Unai. He won’t with boldness and decisiveness and thankfully Lukaku didn’t ruin it :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

See this Bush Man. It’s not ya fault, you went to school in the North :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Stop being bitter and try to be better, ode. Anyway you no sabi football, so I’m not gonna waste my time. I know you’re still salty :D

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Great win today by the boys ... they have truly made the Emirates a fortress but our fate will be dictated when we face ..

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

On the road. Need to show some steel and nerve to win all those games
True. This is the first season we have made Emirates a fortress. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Better record this season than last year and better record against the Top Six :taunt: WaYo Man and Flip flopping fence sitter :woot: one minute you’re in Camp Unai, next second you Sneak into the Opposing camp ... True Life Chameleon :laugh:
I refuse to rubbish an Arsenal legend to support Emery. I support both so long as they are Arsenal. The fact that I support one does not mean I should rubbish the other, that's bollocks. That is not support. I support the Arsenal

Arsenal had the second best home record last season we did not have Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Auba and Guendouzi all season. Our problem was the away form last season. It is still a problem but there is improvement this season.

So stop talking like we are doing something new. We have done nothing yet, but if you want to use our worst season in 22 years as your benchmark, maybe we are doing something. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There is nothing we are doing that has not been done before and with worse players. The problem with you guys is you ejaculate prematurely. Only a few weeks ago, you and some here claimed Emery had been left with rubbish players by Wenger and Gazidis as your reason to explain why we were losing and playing badly. Now we are winning, your story is different. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! 8 of the matchday 11 that started against ManU are Wenger signings and 1 from the youth team.

Hold your horses and calm down, we are in a good place right now. No need to start being wise after the event. Like I always say, we judge at the end of the season.
Don't nobody care Waffi. Give it a rest.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!