The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ozil is right on the racial elements involved in thr criticism of his meeting with Stephen. Destration or not. It was racist.

Stand Up :clap: :agree: :thumbs: :thumbs:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:Guys how should Emery line upagainst West Ham?Is it time to bench Auba for Laca or start both?
Should Ozil be bench or allow him to start since he like to show up for games against mid-table and bottom teams?
West Ham coach was saying his team need to bounce back from poor start against Arsenal,i hope he does not surprise us because that will likely put us in a total bad position to be 9 points behind others in game 3.God help us and make West Ham game be the turning point to go 15 games unbeaten without dropping any points and be top of the table.
Yes We can Arsenal for life
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Monreal Sokraitis Mustafi
Cech

Our best chances vs Chelsea came from out wide usually from Iwobi or Mkhi whipping a low cross in - it points to what penetration out wide could do for us. Whilst Iwobi needn't be punished for a spectacular performance - Danny's been played as a wingback in this system plus when we need someone to hold on to a high kick from the back - he can do that. The gaffer liked Welbeck as an emergency FB - we need to expose our central attacking players to less defensive duties(vs speedy FBs - Alonso had a field day yesterday) that will take them deep. Iwobi is interchangeable with Mkhi in this setup - in the Chelsea match we used Mkhi/Ozil/Iwobi to press high( 3 no. 10s) that's crazy & a gamble. This team will press high more effectively - Auba & laca will be more effective in this compared to a 4-4-2 - Hector & Danny get to operate in a shorter pitch vs the Hammers.
Mkhi gets the opportunity to own the spot - showing Ramsey & Ozil how it's done.

---------------------------------
Emery's copy

Nuestras mejores oportunidades frente al Chelsea vinieron de fuera de casa, generalmente de Iwobi o Mkhi, con una cruz baja: apunta a lo que la penetración en el exterior podría hacer por nosotros. Mientras que Iwobi no necesita ser castigado por una actuación espectacular -Danny ha sido jugado como wingback en este sistema y además cuando necesitamos que alguien aguante una patada alta desde atrás- puede hacerlo. Al gaffer le gustó Welbeck como un FB de emergencia - necesitamos exponer a nuestros jugadores centrales de ataque a deberes menos defensivos (contra veloces FB - Alonso tuvo un día de campo ayer) que los llevará a lo más profundo. Iwobi es intercambiable con Mkhi en esta configuración - en el partido de Chelsea usamos Mkhi / Ozil / Iwobi para presionar alto (3 no 10) que es una locura y una apuesta. Este equipo presionará alto de manera más efectiva: Auba & laca será más efectivo en este aspecto que el 4-4-2. Héctor y Danny operan en un campo más corto que los Hammers.
Mkhi tiene la oportunidad de ser el dueño del lugar, mostrando a Ramsey y Ozil cómo se hace.
To be honest your line up looks good but we are playing west ham not a top 6 team.Welbeck should not play in that position you put him.Iwobi should be the guy to play in place of Welbeck.You need a good passer and a player with brain not hustle with no end product.

It's the Hammers but also a good time to try out a different formation that has a more solid base defensively & will catch WH out tactically.
Welbeck being played as a WB cos the gaffer said he tried him out as a FB in training - i think we as a team need to start playing our creative attacking players centrally - they clearly struggle with the defensive part of playing out wide.
You can switch the formation to - 3-4-2-1 with Iwobi replacing Laca but him & Mkhi as interior players shielded in by Hector & Welbeck

Aubameyang
Iwobi Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:Guys how should Emery line upagainst West Ham?Is it time to bench Auba for Laca or start both?
Should Ozil be bench or allow him to start since he like to show up for games against mid-table and bottom teams?
West Ham coach was saying his team need to bounce back from poor start against Arsenal,i hope he does not surprise us because that will likely put us in a total bad position to be 9 points behind others in game 3.God help us and make West Ham game be the turning point to go 15 games unbeaten without dropping any points and be top of the table.
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Our best chances vs Chelsea came from out wide usually from Iwobi or Mkhi whipping a low cross in - it points to what penetration out wide could do for us. Whilst Iwobi needn't be punished for a spectacular performance - Danny's been played as a wingback in this system plus when we need someone to hold on to a high kick from the back - he can do that. The gaffer liked Welbeck as an emergency FB - we need to expose our central attacking players to less defensive duties(vs speedy FBs - Alonso had a field day yesterday) that will take them deep. Iwobi is interchangeable with Mkhi in this setup - in the Chelsea match we used Mkhi/Ozil/Iwobi to press high( 3 no. 10s) that's crazy & a gamble. This team will press high more effectively - Auba & laca will be more effective in this compared to a 4-4-2 - Hector & Danny get to operate in a shorter pitch vs the Hammers.
Mkhi gets the opportunity to own the spot - showing Ramsey & Ozil how it's done.

Emery's copy

Nuestras mejores oportunidades frente al Chelsea vinieron de fuera de casa, generalmente de Iwobi o Mkhi, con una cruz baja: apunta a lo que la penetración en el exterior podría hacer por nosotros. Mientras que Iwobi no necesita ser castigado por una actuación espectacular -Danny ha sido jugado como wingback en este sistema y además cuando necesitamos que alguien aguante una patada alta desde atrás- puede hacerlo. Al gaffer le gustó Welbeck como un FB de emergencia - necesitamos exponer a nuestros jugadores centrales de ataque a deberes menos defensivos (contra veloces FB - Alonso tuvo un día de campo ayer) que los llevará a lo más profundo. Iwobi es intercambiable con Mkhi en esta configuración - en el partido de Chelsea usamos Mkhi / Ozil / Iwobi para presionar alto (3 no 10) que es una locura y una apuesta. Este equipo presionará alto de manera más efectiva: Auba & laca será más efectivo en este aspecto que el 4-4-2. Héctor y Danny operan en un campo más corto que los Hammers.
Mkhi tiene la oportunidad de ser el dueño del lugar, mostrando a Ramsey y Ozil cómo se hace.
To be honest your line up looks good but we are playing west ham not a top 6 team.Welbeck should not play in that position you put him.Iwobi should be the guy to play in place of Welbeck.You need a good passer and a player with brain not hustle with no end product.

It's the EPL. Any team can beat another irrespective if top 6 or not.

By the way, if Iwobi keeps this up, he may just end up at Chelsea in the future.
Agree, we can't take any teams fore granted - keep up the intensity & focus. Let's not jinx Iwobi - hoping he brings more to the dance - he looked reawakened vs Chelsea but that was one match.
To Niku - Eden is about boosting his audition for RM - he's one foot out. His replacement(not a Gooner).
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

By the way, if Iwobi keeps this up, he may just end up at Chelsea in the future.
Agree, we can't take any teams fore granted - keep up the intensity & focus. Let's not jinx Iwobi - hoping he brings more to the dance - he looked reawakened vs Chelsea but that was one match.
To Niku - Eden is about boosting his audition for RM - he's one foot out. His replacement(not a Gooner).
So Eden wait to play against beloved before decide to leave?I hope Chelsea get Ozil as his replacement
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

It's the Hammers but also a good time to try out a different formation that has a more solid base defensively & will catch WH out tactically.
Welbeck being played as a WB cos the gaffer said he tried him out as a FB in training - i think we as a team need to start playing our creative attacking players centrally - they clearly struggle with the defensive part of playing out wide.
You can switch the formation to - 3-4-2-1 with Iwobi replacing Laca but him & Mkhi as interior players shielded in by Hector & Welbeck

Aubameyang
Iwobi Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech
Its funny I fear this game more than our Chelsea or City game.West Ham with zero point will switch approach also.I hope likes of Jack play for them as they are kind of short one from last 2 games
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Lol...Kajishake shake !

So you don sell Hazard to RM ? For Arsenal thread ? Ok o.

So Eden wait to play against beloved before decide to leave?I hope Chelsea get Ozil as his replacement[/quote]
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Start the same formation that started at Chelsea, but with Torreira instead of Xhaka. With some luck we should have been up 4-2 at half-time. West Ham wont cause us as much defensive problems as Chelsea
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

jdizzy wrote:
Start the same formation that started at Chelsea, but with Torreira instead of Xhaka. With some luck we should have been up 4-2 at half-time. West Ham wont cause us as much defensive problems as Chelsea
If Arsenal does not beat Westham who appear not to know what they are doing at the moment...then Arsenal is in deeper trouble than eyes can see. The shittiest club right now is Westham...not with that horrible defence.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

jdizzy wrote:

Sit one of Ozil or Mikhi's bum on the bench add Gundo and start with Xhaka, Torriera and Welbeck

Gundo for Torterra or Xhaka after 70 mins depending on if we are losing or winning

Laca for Welbeck

Ozil for Mikhi ( or Vice Versa )

I will leave Iwobi for the full match he needs to start playing and be present for 90 mins abeg..

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I remember when I brought this up last season and the Usual Football Know Nothings, sneered, heckled and talked their usual nonsense.... but can anyone open their mouth now and say that’s Arsenal should not have made a move for Wilfred Zaha last season? Well price don go up 20-30 million.

Mugus wey no sabi football, but nah to open mouth stupidly dem sabi :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

[/video]

Unai Emery can not afford to lose his job over Mezut Ozil .... :ohmy: :ohmy:

Hmmm this season go make popcorn chopping real fun :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anikulapo wrote:[/video]

Aniks, I bet you see Ozil in your dreams. Haba, kilode? :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Wenger's pampered kids at it again
Wenger really spoiled this kids.Apparently Aaron Ramsey is throwing a strop because he got benched.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-13110895
Last edited by bk-one on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Thunder wrote:

E dey pain You :woot:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

anikulapo wrote:
Thunder wrote:

E dey pain You :woot:
But what are they saying in the video that we dont know already ? Are they saying anything new or that we should know that Aniks is right because someone else said its right ? Abeg what exactly is the point of the video ? Na question i dey ask o..Because we all know Aniks is always right...

Remember even a broken clock is right twice a day :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jokes apart - Unai can bench Ozil but he loses either way ..Because you cant pay a guy 350K a week and bench him every week for the next 3 years.

And no one will come and buy Ozil.. the only play is what the second guy in the video said ..you play him and make the ohers around him demand him to dictate the play by doing their part and asking Ozil to give them ball ...btw same for Mikhi.. Those two players are psychologically injured..

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Emery present for Under 23 game tonight. Nice to see him taking such an interest. Who knows, going by all the stories all over the place, he might need them sooner rather than later.

I must say, it is disappointing to read Ramsey via his Agent and press briefing against the and Coach and club.

But things are far worse going by stories. Club is fed up of leaks from staff at all levels, they even informed staff of the sack if they leaked stories but stories keep coming out of the club.

Depending on who you believe, the Galzidis talk will soon play its way out. There comes a time when the club cannot keep that story whatever the truth is quiet.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Emery present for Under 23 game tonight. Nice to him taking such an interest. Who knows, going by all the stories all over the place, he might need them sooner rather than later.

I must say, it is disappointing to read Ramsey via his Agent and press briefing against the and Coach and club.

But things are far worse going by stories. Club is fed up of leaks from staff at all levels, they even informed staff of the sack if they leaked stories but stories keep coming out of the club.

Depending on who you believe, the Galzidis talk will soon play its way out. There comes a time when the club cannot keep that story whatever the truth is quiet.

Er what are he stories leaking out from the staff? That mirror story is fake news abegi. Anyone with a half a brain knows that there will be no shedding of tears when Ramshyt, Ozil and Xhaka are shown the door .... it will be addition by subtraction.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/stor ... in-balogun

Waffi have you heard of this dude the US is trying to tie down for their national team ?

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Only Arsenal can sell Sanchez and dash all the money to Ozil. Please, can we get our Sanchez back?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
balo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

So Eden wait to play against beloved before decide to leave?I hope Chelsea get Ozil as his replacement

@HLNinEngeland: Jul 14
Eden Hazard: “After 6 wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different. Certainly after this World Cup. I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision - if they want to let me go. You know my preferred destination.”
---------------------------------------------------------
@TeleFootball:Aug 19
Eden Hazard confirms he will stay at Chelsea this season but offers no guarantees over new contract | @Matt_Law_DT
---------------------------------------------------------------

Like his friend, Thibaut Courtois, he wanted to leave - he only told some foreign press people this wknd - he'll not leave this transfer window - but RM are ready for the push next season. Looks like his last season.
Last edited by tolahs on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

Aubameyang
Iwobi Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech
Its funny I fear this game more than our Chelsea or City game.West Ham with zero point will switch approach also.I hope likes of Jack play for them as they are kind of short one from last 2 games
They've lost 2 matches against opposition way weaker than we've played. They'll prepare for how they've seen us play with Lucas as spy(spent preseason with us) - switch it up.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Only Arsenal can sell Sanchez and dash all the money to Ozil. Please, can we get our Sanchez back?

Well there might be a chance sef :taunt: United fans don turn on am. The muppet and his crew decided to launch his new clothing line amidst the shambles of the Brighton game on his web page.

The avalanche of abuse was so much he had to take everything down. What kinda Mugu decides on that move in the midst of a shocking defeat :lol:

It’s not going well at all. Wish he were here under Unai

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
kajifu wrote:
tolahs wrote:
3-4-1-2

Aubameyang Lacazette
Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech

Emery's copy

Aubameyang
Iwobi Mkhitaryan
Welbeck Hector
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech
They've lost 2 matches against opposition way weaker than we've played. They'll prepare for how they've seen us play with Lucas as spy(spent preseason with us) - switch it up.

You do know west Ham lost to Liverpool right ? Ok carry on :rotf:

MLK.