The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by bk-one »

Reiss Nelson scored his sixth league goal today
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:Reiss Nelson scored his sixth league goal today

Off the bench to win the game
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Jérôme Boateng on racism in football: ‘I often hear monkey sounds when I warm up. When right-wing slogans reach the heart of society, everybody should get up and take a stand. We could have done much more for Mesut.’

Credit to him for speaking out.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:Reiss Nelson scored his sixth league goal today

Off the bench to win the game
As good as good as his goal scoring exploits are, I am a bit worried about the other facets of his game. An example of that is his lack of assists. His coach was in a way tried to highlight that when he was saying that he still needs to improve most parts of his game. Maybe that is why he is sometimes benching him despite his incredible goalscoring record. I trust in Julian Naggelsmann, he has got a coach who will keep him grounded.

Arsenal had(he is still there) a young brilliant central midfielder still at the early stage of his career. In previous season he played really well as a central midfielder when in possession awareness and with discipline. The following season he scored a couple of goals and lost his discipline, became roy of the rover, and arrogance started and since then his ego has grown whilst his game is slowly diminishing. Now he is barely functioning as a central midfieder because he was previously used to doing things anyhow he sees fit irrespective of which position he is playing.

I just hope that we are not going to see that on Reiss Nelson and Smith-Rowe.Hope that disease went away with the previous regime
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:Jérôme Boateng on racism in football: ‘I often hear monkey sounds when I warm up. When right-wing slogans reach the heart of society, everybody should get up and take a stand. We could have done much more for Mesut.’

Leave the matter joo..he waited this long to speak ? The matter has died abeg he should move on
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Who dey open game thread ...
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

anikulapo wrote:Who dey open game thread ...
You now. Not on TV.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why are we playing at the exact same time as City vs United? Stupid scheduling.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chaka strikes again .... Giift from the Swiss Lorry .... how many goals will this tool dash the opposition ... And Traore never enter sef.

All season we keep dashing teams chances in the first half and now finally punished

MLK.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:That was a robust performance, full of vim and vigor.
I never thought I would see the day when we would
make a team like Liverpool play for a draw.

My favorite moment of the game was Xhaka’s tackle
on Salah. Just sweeeeeeeet!

Lacazette’s goal was a close second. We balled.
Xhaka was outstanding.
He was OK. He gave the ball away cheaply throughout the 1st half...
Really? Baba fear God now...You probably do not know Xhaka but he is the one that wears the #34 jersey for Arsenal... :|
Is he the one who gave the ball away for today's goal or is there another one? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Xhaka was outstanding.
Really? Baba fear God now...You probably do not know Xhaka but he is the one that wears the #34 jersey for Arsenal... :|
Is he the one who gave the ball away for today's goal or is there another one? :D
Omo i don tire.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Anyone seen Waffi-WayoMan and his Underling Azuka?

Funny how they always appear when .... ahhh never mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy that was some master class from Captain Droopy today ... I mean he was so hopeless he didn’t even pout when subbed :rotf: :rotf: I mean outside of 30 mins against Leicester it’s been the lout we have always known since 2013.

What a bloody waste of money .... and as for Xhacrap ... ahhh never mind :rotf:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:Anyone seen Waffi-WayoMan and his Underling Azuka?

Boy that was some master class from Captain Droopy today ... I mean he was so hopeless he didn’t even pout when subbed :rotf: :rotf: I mean outside of 30 mins against Leicester it’s been the lout we have always known since 2013.

No one went MIA. I watched the whole match live. I guess you did not because if you did rather than listening and reading those who have a grouse to bear, you would have noticed how much shift he put in to drive his team forward. This someone who's zone on the pitch was supposed to be the opponents 3rd, but was most of the in our half looking for the ball to drive his team forward when balls weren't forthcoming to him.
Simple advice next time try to seat down and watch the match with a clear mind rather than depending on others opinion to make yours. But why bother it's Ozil, we talking about here.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:

No one went MIA. I watched the whole match live. I guess you did not because if you did rather than listening and reading those who have a grouse to bear, you would have noticed how much shift he put in to drive his team forward. This someone who's zone on the pitch was supposed to be the opponents 3rd, but was most of the in our half looking for the ball to drive his team forward when balls weren't forthcoming to him.
Simple advice next time try to seat down and watch the match with a clear mind rather than depending on others opinion to make yours. But why bother it's Ozil, we talking about here.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If he played so well why was he subbed? :rotf: :rotf:

Maybe if he actually moved his lazy nyash into open spots in the final third and demanded and actually did something with the ball it would be worth listening to ya fake drivel .... Again aside from 30 minutes against Leicester your god has been his usual shyt self .... Oya come up with more excuses :rotf:

Ahem Xhacrap nko?

Notice you pick race from ya oda god :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Maybe if he actually moved his lazy nyash into open spots in the final third and demanded and actually did something with the ball it would be worth listening to ya fake drivel .... Again aside from 30 minutes against Leicester your god has been his usual shyt self .... Oya come up with more excuses :rotf:

Ahem Xhacrap nko?

Going by your logic why was he subbed against Leicester? Ooh God. Are you really a football person? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:Jérôme Boateng on racism in football: ‘I often hear monkey sounds when I warm up. When right-wing slogans reach the heart of society, everybody should get up and take a stand. We could have done much more for Mesut.’

:clap: :agree: :thumbs:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Wolves were able to sit deep & use pacy guys as their out - on the flip side, ManC has shown what you can do with pace when you dominate possession & play half pitch - hope Emery has plans to bring someone in - even on loan.
Championship fights are won with intensity thru the rounds - for a veteran like Xhaka to have farted so loud in a quiet library was unprofessional - you never give any team, especially visitors a leg up.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Ahem Xhacrap nko?

Going by your logic why was he subbed against Leicester? Ooh God. Are you really a football person? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Lol keep trying to muddy the waters ole :mrgreen: :mrgreen: even a tired mind like yours knows he was subbed to receive a deserved ovation for a job well done against the Foxes. It was clear on Sunday he was his usual ineffective self ... no surprise the goal came not long after his nyash was planted firmly on the bench :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Typical Ozilite .... what other excuse or distraction will you come out with next for ya sorry god :mrgreen:

Again Xhaka nko? Why you dey run from ya god nah :mrgreen:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Xhaka was outstanding.
You na real Yeyeman. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You waited how many games later to make a meal of one error. A game in which easily one of our best players but for his error.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Ahem Xhacrap nko?

Lol keep trying to muddy the waters ole :mrgreen: :mrgreen: even a tired mind like yours knows he was subbed to receive a deserved ovation for a job well done against the Foxes. It was clear on Sunday he was his usual ineffective self ... no surprise the goal came not long after his nyash was planted firmly on the bench :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Typical Ozilite .... what other excuse or distraction will you come out with next for ya sorry god :mrgreen:

So it is because of Ozil and Xhaka we drew. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Xhaka and Ozil were our better players on the day. Indeed, it is agreed the real mistake off the game was the subbing of Ozil. :lol: :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Ahem Xhacrap nko?

So it is because of Ozil and Xhaka we drew. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Xhaka and Ozil were our better players on the day. Indeed, it is agreed the real mistake off the game was the subbing of Ozil. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#DELUSIONAL

#BLINDSHEEP

#WAYOMAN

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

W!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks, stop disturbing the peace. Forget personal agendas and watch the game properly.

First off credit to Wolves. They came and they played a great game. I can list tactical approaches they used and to be fair, Sporting used the same approach too but with inferior players. For example, watching Arsenal set traps for teams that press high into Arsenal's zone, they avoided this trap. They tried to press Holding, Kolasinac and Xhaka, but once that was avoided, they built their first defensive block on the half way line. But Wolves got joy from the odd time they pressed an Arsenal team that looked like they had just had Sunday lunch. But mainly, they were just my happy to counter attack.

But Wolves are no mugs. Remember, they got a draw against City. Moreover, these things have a way of catching up with you. Earlier on in the season, we played badly and got away with wins because our strikers buried every chance. Indeed, we have a ridiculous conversion of chances to goals ratio that was bound to start leveling out. Bottom line is, a few games ago we would have won that game, despite this, we were still lucky to get away with a draw.

A disappointing result and 2 points dropped at home, but we live to fight another day.