The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m listening to previews for the Flopp vs Tuchel showdown and I’m hearing a lot of “the difference between PSG under Tuchel compared to Emery is the tactical flexibility of Tuchel”

Uh oh isn’t this familiar :rotf: :rotf: anyway all dis na talk the proof will be in the pudding at Anfield and thereafter
So far Emery has NOT shown me anything to say he can clean Wenger's boots.

How many away games did Wenger win last season :taunt: :taunt:
How many away games did Wenger win in 22 years?

So shut ya mouth then and wait till Emery coaches here for 22 years .... ode
What I dislike is people trying to make out Wenger as some clueless coach.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
He is the one with the authority, he and his father employed Emery, overruling Galzidis.

Oh! Who called Stan asking for the decision to employ Arteta be delayed until they spoke to Emery. As a candidate, Emery was not on the short list until Stan asked he be spoken to.
Oya I challenged you to back up that fable smh
You can believe what you want. I know what I know. I don't need to prove a thing to no one. But there is nothing I have written here that has not come to pass. I talked about Galzidis leaving here long before anyone did. I even mentioned problems he had after he was deceived by conmen in China.

Don't be under any illusion, cos I am not. To me Galzidis leaving reflects badly on the Kroenke's. He left for whatever reasons but if he was happy with his lot, he will not be leaving. The fact is, Gazidis was part of the Board that was split and Stan often overruled their decisions. That Board is no longer relevant in the new club structure with Stan now owning the club outright.

This is how Arsenal is run now. If you have any clue about how things run at the club, you should know this. This is just about as good as you can get it.

The question should be, is this the structure that will take us back to the top? I have not seen one Gooner that is convinced or believes in them.

I am not one to write anyone off. But if Arsenal are going to be spending money paying off the debt Kroenke decides to put in the club, we might as well not bother.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html

Hmm So the rumor don dey finally get legs oh :ohmy: Why would Gazidis get rid of Wenger only to get ready to run to Italy? This is very strange indeed if true . I’m still scratching my head at this rumor .

Real siddon look more activated here :scared:
That's because you believed all that BS about Galzidis getting rid of Wenger. Poor results got rid of Wenger. Arsenal top 4, Wenger is still Arsenal boss.

As for Galzidis, I have banged on about this here all summer. I asked then, does he have the power or authority many claimed he had. I asked for a reason.

Is the next CEO is Josh Kroenke? He is the one with the authority, he and his father employed Emery, overruling Galzidis.

Oh! Who called Stan asking for the decision to employ Arteta be delayed until they spoke to Emery. As a candidate, Emery was not on the short list until Stan asked he be spoken to.

The Kroenke's now own and run Arsenal. The Board is just a face, they are irrelevant.

Answer this Waffi? Has Gazidis been planning for Wenger’s ouster .... Yes or No?
How can someone who did not have the power remove his superior? Wenger was answerable to Stan and Stan only. You can believe the BS from Wenger outers. That's your perogative. But one thing is undeniable. RESULTS, cost Wenger is job.

Question? Do the Kroenke's still communicate with Wenger on Arsenal matters? What do you think? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m listening to previews for the Flopp vs Tuchel showdown and I’m hearing a lot of “the difference between PSG under Tuchel compared to Emery is the tactical flexibility of Tuchel”

Uh oh isn’t this familiar :rotf: :rotf: anyway all dis na talk the proof will be in the pudding at Anfield and thereafter

So shut ya mouth then and wait till Emery coaches here for 22 years .... ode
What I dislike is people trying to make out Wenger as some clueless coach.

Ol boy relax Abeg
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html

Hmm So the rumor don dey finally get legs oh :ohmy: Why would Gazidis get rid of Wenger only to get ready to run to Italy? This is very strange indeed if true . I’m still scratching my head at this rumor .

Real siddon look more activated here :scared:
That's because you believed all that BS about Galzidis getting rid of Wenger. Poor results got rid of Wenger. Arsenal top 4, Wenger is still Arsenal boss.

As for Galzidis, I have banged on about this here all summer. I asked then, does he have the power or authority many claimed he had. I asked for a reason.

Is the next CEO is Josh Kroenke? He is the one with the authority, he and his father employed Emery, overruling Galzidis.

The Kroenke's now own and run Arsenal. The Board is just a face, they are irrelevant.

Answer this Waffi? Has Gazidis been planning for Wenger’s ouster .... Yes or No?
How can someone who did not have the power remove his superior? Wenger was answerable to Stan and Stan only. You can believe the BS from Wenger outers. That's your perogative. But one thing is undeniable. RESULTS, cost Wenger is job.

Question? Do the Kroenke's still communicate with Wenger on Arsenal matters? What do you think? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

So you have no proof on ya assertions? Ok I already knew that :taunt: :taunt: we still dey wait the confirmation of the $30 million In add ONs for the Sanchez / Mikhi swap .... Yeye fake news peddler :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
He is the one with the authority, he and his father employed Emery, overruling Galzidis.

You can believe what you want. I know what I know. I don't need to prove a thing to no one. But there is nothing I have written here that has not come to pass. I talked about Galzidis leaving here long before anyone did. I even mentioned problems he had after he was deceived by conmen in China.

Don't be under any illusion, cos I am not. To me Galzidis leaving reflects badly on the Kroenke's. He left for whatever reasons but if he was happy with his lot, he will not be leaving. The fact is, Gazidis was part of the Board that was split and Stan often overruled their decisions. That Board is no longer relevant in the new club structure with Stan now owning the club outright.

This is how Arsenal is run now. If you have any clue about how things run at the club, you should know this. This is just about as good as you can get it.

The question should be, is this the structure that will take us back to the top? I have not seen one Gooner that is convinced or believes in them.

I am not one to write anyone off. But if Arsenal are going to be spending money paying off the debt Kroenke decides to put in the club, we might as well not bother.

In other words you are a purveyor of fake news :taunt: :taunt: Ole :mrgreen:

This is just as bad as the 30 million coming in for Mikhi :woot:

Wa yo man :mrgreen:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Trying to deflect again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Nothing I am saying is news, if you had your ears to the ground, especially if you have had letters demanding your shares, you know everything. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

realtrouble wrote:
Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:

A smarter person will always judge a coach on his last performance. ...as the saying goes "You’re only as good as your last performance…"
KPOM he forget to understand Wenger is no more base on his poor results.His last two season no top 4 it was clear he has to go.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Nothing I am saying is news, if you had your ears to the ground, especially if you have had letters demanding your shares, you know everything. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Well you may have had your ears firmly planted to the ground unfortunately the only things you’ve been hearing are the strange voices in your head telling you fables :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Well you may have had your ears firmly planted to the ground unfortunately the only things you’ve been hearing are the strange voices in your head telling you fables :taunt:

Today's statement confirming changes by the club did not have the Club Chairman, Sir Chips, making and signing the statement. Notably, it was Josh Kroenke who did.

Notice how the new commercial man reports to Josh, the same applies to Raul. Josh moved to London permanently, we are told 2 years ago. After a settling in period, he, in effect, became the Chief Executive and has run the club for about a year now.

It is common knowledge he was heavily involved in negotiating Ozil's contract. For me, I am only interested in how we become a top club again. I just hope this new team of people can deliver it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Jerome Boateng on Mesut Özil criticism:

"Where were the players who thanked Mesut? Apparently, many did not dare to comment because they thought that it won't please the German fans.”

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
For the last 10 years I have been privileged to dedicate myself to this great club. Arsenal is entering a new chapter and I have done everything I can to ensure that it is strongly placed to take on that challenge. This includes world-class facilities and outstanding leaders in every sector who carry the values of the club, including, of course, Unai Emery, Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham in whom I have enormous faith.

"We have rebuilt the off-field capability of the club, which is necessary for prolonged success in modern football, we have recently concluded new primary partnership deals that, together with the new league broadcast deals, secure our medium term financial future, we have updated our stadium and rebuilt our training facilities so that they are now world class and we have transitioned to a new football structure that is capable of taking the club confidently into the future. I am proud to say we have done this while building on the club’s progressive social values, leading the way on the women’s game as well as diversity and inclusion and establishing The Arsenal Foundation, which supports these values around the world in difficult places such as Iraq and Jordan and complements our extraordinary work in our local community. This will remain central to the club’s philosophy.

"Given this platform, I know many will think this is a strange time to be leaving but I believe it is the right time for me and for the club. Change and succession is not only inevitable for a club like Arsenal, it is necessary if it is continually to keep moving forward. One of my primary responsibilities as chief executive has been to make sure that there is good succession planning in every position in the club, including my own.

"Although it is very hard to do - the hardest decision of my life - I believe that, after 10 years, it is the right time for me to step aside to allow new leadership, energy and ideas to take the club forward into this exciting new era. I believe in the positive force of change, both for me and for the club. While this is the most difficult and challenging course for me, I am excited to see what the future holds for this great club.

"After so many years at Major League Soccer and Arsenal, I am now looking forward to joining one of the world’s other great clubs, AC Milan, and working to restore it to its rightful place in football. Until then, I will continue to devote absolutely all my energy until my last day to ensure an orderly transition for the benefit of Arsenal Football Club.

“My sincere thanks go to Stan and Josh Kroenke for their support and guidance on everything we have done. To Sir Chips Keswick, Lord Phil Harris, Ken Friar and my wonderful management team and staff, on and off the field, to Arsène Wenger, Unai Emery and to the fans of this giant and incredible club, thank you for your immense support and friendship over so many years and for the wonderful privilege of being part of the journey. We lived through many emotions together, the highs and the lows of football, and I am proud to be able to say that I gave this club and its fantastic people everything that I had in me. I am excited and energised for the future for myself and for Arsenal Football Club and I will always hold it in my heart.”
Just seen this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gazidis actually released a statement. lmao. For who? To do what? Why?

Please note. I did not read it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Normal people will aim for the right corner but why be normal? Most footballers would go for the right corner and that's exactly what the defenders and goalie expected. His body shape confirms this, but Ozil's brilliance is in his disguise and calm execution.

He saw the space to come, then calmly passed it into where he knew the space would be because he had deceived the goalie and defenders. Note, he passed in first time, no need to shoot, all because he got the goalie and defenders going the wrong way.

After Ozil and Xhaka rub pepper for my brother Aniks eye, he try to blind everybody by praising Xhaka, then tabbing Ozil to make it look like he was a reasonable man on these matters.

My brother Aniks thought he got away with his fables, when he claimed Ozil miskicked the ball into the net. Only Aniks can spin a yarn like that and think he has conned everyone into believing him. :rotf: :rotf:

Aniks you must now bow at the feet of the maestro Ozil.:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Image

Normal people will aim for the right corner but why be normal? Most footballers would go for the right corner and that's exactly what the defenders and goalie expected. His body shape confirms this, but Ozil's brilliance is in his disguise and calm execution.

He saw the space to come, then calmly passed it into where he knew the space would be because he had deceived the goalie and defenders. Note, he passed in first time, no need to shoot, all because he got the goalie and defenders going the wrong way.

After Ozil and Xhaka rub pepper for my brother Aniks eye, he try to blind everybody by praising Xhaka, then tabbing Ozil to make it look like he was a reasonable man on these matters.

My brother Aniks thought he got away with his fables, when he claimed Ozil miskicked the ball into the net. Only Aniks can spin a yarn like that and think he has conned everyone into believing him. :rotf: :rotf:

Aniks you must now at the feet of the maestro Ozil.:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What?

OMG :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don’t even know where to begin with you :rotf:

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:Jerome Boateng on Mesut Özil criticism:

"Where were the players who thanked Mesut? Apparently, many did not dare to comment because they thought that it won't please the German fans.”

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kroos, Mueller, and Neuer let themselves get used by the racist Bild magazine and that criminal Hoeneß.

The same Bild which once reported that there was a mob of foreigners running around Germany raping women.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/opin ... acism.html

Its not a coincidence that when Hans Georg Maaßen, the president of the federal office for the protection of the constitution till recently, was denying that nazis didnt go around chemnitz beating foreigners(there were countless videos showing that did happen), the first newspaper he went to was Bild zeitung.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:

What?

OOch!!!
But Waffi you wicked oo. Why bring back the bad memories now.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What?

OOch!!!
But Waffi you wicked oo. Why bring back the bad memories now.

Bad memories of a champions league final against the Galaticos? Or nah maybe it was the final day at Anfield needing a win to secure their first EPL title in two decades?

Or Ok I got it, it must be an FA cup final against Toto? :woot:

Nah it was a back pass against bottom feeders OldCastle .... Okay never mind hold the Ace of spades and don perignon :mrgreen:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:

What?

no mind Waffi. Ozil tapped the ball to his left because "e no get shot" :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Give that open space on the right to DeBryune or Hazard, and lets see who born keeper well to save. So na genius to score from that position with that much space? Even Nacho Monreal will score from there,
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What?

no mind Waffi. Ozil tapped the ball to his left because "e no get shot" :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Give that open space on the right to DeBryune or Hazard, and lets see who born keeper well to save. So na genius to score from that position with that much space? Even Nacho Monreal will score from there,

You do know you can always tell when Waffi is desperate :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What?

You are wrong. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Why? You underestimate the distance between the defenders and the ball. I put it to you, had Ozil shot to the right, the defenders will most probably block the shot.

Have a look at this gif. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Notice how close the defenders were to Ozil. It is a much difficult chance than it looks because of the proximity of the defenders.

Also note Torreira covering the one threat of Ayoze Perez in case of the counter attack. Even on the attack, Torreira is defending.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Reiss Nelson after scoring in his debut at the weekend starts on the bench for Hoffenheim in the champions league vs Shakhtar

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html

Wonder which players the BFG was taking about ... Yeah Mezut you’re in top of the list :roll:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

What?

You are wrong. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Why? You underestimate the distance between the defenders and the ball. I put it to you, had Ozil shot to the right, the defenders will most probably block the shot.

Have a look at this gif. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Notice how close the defenders were to Ozil. It is a much difficult chance than it looks because of the proximity of the defenders.

Also note Torreira covering the one threat of Ayoze Perez in case of the counter attack. Even on the attack, Torreira is defending.
the ojoro gif confirms my hypothesis. The man no get shot. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: no be human being be the other #10 for London wey score hat trick?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."