The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Ebyboy »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Can this be true?

I hope he turns both of them down.

Arsene, if you have to chose, please chose Madrid. I would rather support you at Real Madrid than seeing you working for that jailbird Uli Hoeness.
Waffi?

Best thing for ya hero is to sit his skinny old nyash for TV booth :taunt:
Please, let him go to Bayern, if he can take Ozil and Ramsey with him. In fact, he can go to Tottenham with those 2 sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I go add Xhaka just to annoy Waffiman.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not annoyed at all. Why should I be? I am just happy for the man. I wish the man all the best. If you ask me, I think he us rushing in too early. I wish he stayed away for at least a year.

As you know, I am forever thankful for what he made Arsenal. His genius built the modern Arsenal. A truly warm, kind and wonderful man who changed so many lives for the better.

Ain't that just the truth? God bless him and prosper him
in whatever he chooses to do next.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Can this be true?

Arsene, if you have to chose, please chose Madrid. I would rather support you at Real Madrid than seeing you working for that jailbird Uli Hoeness.
Waffi?

Best thing for ya hero is to sit his skinny old nyash for TV booth :taunt:
Please, let him go to Bayern, if he can take Ozil and Ramsey with him. In fact, he can go to Tottenham with those 2 sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I go add Xhaka just to annoy Waffiman.

Not annoyed at all. Why should I be? I am just happy for the man. I wish the man all the best. If you ask me, I think he us rushing in too early. I wish he stayed away for at least a year.

As you know, I am forever thankful for what he made Arsenal. His genius built the modern Arsenal. A truly warm, kind and wonderful man who changed so many lives for the better.
Wayo man, i am not disputing your thesis about what Wenger has done. I am saying he should please take Ozil, Ramsey, and even Xhaka with him...to Bayern, Madrid, Tottenham, Commentator's booth, retirement, anywhere :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Ozil, Germany are begging to return. Even Wenger dey take style beg Ozil to return. Wenger must not come anywhere near our players or else I go fight am personally.

As for Ramsey, your favourite :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: nor worry, he don go.

But Xhaka is misunderstood. Just have a look at this.

Xhaka's greatest value to the team, his effect on build-up and progression is only surpassed by the Chelsea's imperious Jorginho. Remember my analysis in the summer, when I said, Torreira will free Xhaka because teams will be forced to press him too. Pressing Torreira give Xhaka space to play, simultaneously, pressing Xhaka gives Torreira space to play. This is making Arsenal better.

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he us key.

Ok, we go manage Xhaka for the time being :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I prefer Guendouzi in Xhaka's role alongside Torreira BUT
I am afraid of Waffiman.

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Arsene, if you have to chose, please chose Madrid. I would rather support you at Real Madrid than seeing you working for that jailbird Uli Hoeness.[/quote]

Waffi?

Best thing for ya hero is to sit his skinny old nyash for TV booth :taunt:[/quote]

Please, let him go to Bayern, if he can take Ozil and Ramsey with him. In fact, he can go to Tottenham with those 2 sef :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I go add Xhaka just to annoy Waffiman.[/quote]

As you know, I am forever thankful for what he made Arsenal. His genius built the modern Arsenal. A truly warm, kind and wonderful man who changed so many lives for the better.[/quote]

Wayo man, i am not disputing your thesis about what Wenger has done. I am saying he should please take Ozil, Ramsey, and even Xhaka with him...to Bayern, Madrid, Tottenham, Commentator's booth, retirement, anywhere :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:[/quote]

Ozil, Germany are begging to return. Even Wenger dey take style beg Ozil to return. Wenger must not come anywhere near our players or else I go fight am personally.

As for Ramsey, your favourite :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: nor worry, he don go.

Xhaka's greatest value to the team, his effect on build-up and progression is only surpassed by the Chelsea's imperious Jorginho. Remember my analysis in the summer, when I said, Torreira will free Xhaka because teams will be forced to press him too. Pressing Torreira give Xhaka space to play, simultaneously, pressing Xhaka gives Torreira space to play. This is making Arsenal better.

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he us key.[/quote]

Ok, we go manage Xhaka for the time being :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:[/quote]

Nope. He is here to stay for good. Imagine a 4-3-3 with Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka. Don't forget Niles in this equation.[/quote]

Guendouzi, Torreira AND Niles........
:sneaky: :thumb:

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So Ebyboy you dey fear to tell the truth because of Fable Telling Waffi?

I see :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

TEAM NEWS
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to be available for Arsenal despite missing an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier for Gabon during the international break.
Petr Cech, Mesut Ozil and Ainsley Maitland-Niles are now all fit, but defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos is a major doubt because of an ankle injury sustained playing for Greece.

Leicester captain Wes Morgan serves a one-match ban for his red card in the defeat by Everton.
Winger Demarai Gray remains sidelined.
VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery: "I think we need to improve a lot. Our demands need to be very high. The supporters can enjoy it with us but also we're speaking with our reality every day.

"We need to improve because, for example, the match against Fulham was a very good result and a very good game for 90 minutes. But in the first 45 minutes I thought we needed to do better."

Leicester City manager Claude Puel on Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette: "He is a complete player with good transition with the ball and without the ball. He is always available for the team.

"He works all the time and he has kept his clinical edge and I am not surprised about his quality and his good work with Arsenal.

"He started with me (at Lyon). His first game at the beginning he was always a striker but to find a place and get game time in the team he started as a winger.I know him very well and we will try and shut him down in this game.We are coming to emirate to play a good side tough place to go but we know we can win there.we want to end their good run since 2007."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:So Ebyboy you dey fear to tell the truth because of Fable Telling Waffi?

I see :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle your take for today game?Make I no lie I don dey fear Nacho,Ndidi and the rest of the Leicester team
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Wayo man, i am not disputing your thesis about what Wenger has done. I am saying he should please take Ozil, Ramsey, and even Xhaka with him...to Bayern, Madrid, Tottenham, Commentator's booth, retirement, anywhere :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Why can't Xhaka's critics see things like this? Why can't Xhaka's defensive contributions be recognised as well? But they only pick on his mistakes as if he is the only one who makes mistakes. Emery can, that is why he us key.

I am afraid of Waffiman.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guendouzi has the talent to be better than Torreira and Xhaka but he has to develop his defensive side of the game. When he sorts this out, and is ready, neither Xhaka nor Torreira will keep him out of the team. His passing ability for his age is almost as good as any Regista I have seen play this game. It reminds me of Pirlo.

Right now Guendouzi eagerness to be involved offensively comprises his defensive responsibilities. It is the only reason why he is not in the team.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I am afraid of Waffiman.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guendouzi has the talent to be better than Torreira and Xhaka but he has to develop his defensive side of the game. When he sorts this out, and is ready, neither Xhaka nor Torreira will keep him out of the team. His passing ability for his age is almost as good as any Regista I have seen play this game. It reminds me of Pirlo.

Right now Guendouzi eagerness to be involved offensively comprises his defensive responsibilities. It is the only reason why he is not in the team.
First things first, he needs to hit the gym and work on his upperbody. Just having more strength will take his game up a notch even without adding any further technical skill or tactical nous
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Mesut Özil - that was special - more puleese
Iwobi - We see you - stay fearless & determined!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I Couldn't be more impressed with Emery. From overhaul of training, system, tactics, to post loss Chavs hysteria, tip of the cap Unai.

Damn shame Unai robbed of 120 MP due Gazidis and co. bungling of Sanchez, Wilshere & Ramsey contract situations, 120MP further investment & sky the limit for Arsenal.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sanchez for sure. Ramsey of a few seasons back. As for Jack, he’s been cooked for an age, what is he doing at West Ham? Genuine question.

Wenger should go to Madrid and defend their Champions League crown. Too many egos at Bayern, boys who’ve bludgeoned him more than once, they’ll challenge his every decision with “how did that work out for the Arsenal when we played them?”. Madrid is best, Zidane ruled the roost, absolutely no reason why Odeku Large cannot do the same.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Iwobi dubbed Nigerian Messi on Arsenal fan TV

[/video]

What a difference a year makes....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Great goal. Great game. Great day. Let's not forget to rush Arsene Wenger a happy birthday.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

That was fantastic. I love the Emirates beginning of the season. Hopefully, this season we can keep this up till May.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

theYemster wrote:
Great goal. Great game. Great day. Let's not forget to rush Arsene Wenger a happy birthday.
9 passes, from goalkeeper to goal! As world class as it gets.
Almost as good as when I am spanking Bigpokey in Fifa...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Iwobi vs Leicester City:

72 touches
40/50 passes
5 ball recoveries
4/7 tackles
3/4 dribbles
2 key passes
1/1 long ball
1/1 shot on target

Simply put, on the night, he complemented the genius of Mesut Ozil really nicely.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Abeg there's an MPA - Missing Persons Alert ooo. Anyone seen Aniks yet. He's yet to sighted since the match ended due to Ozil's upper cut that got him dazed. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

azuka wrote:Abeg there's an MPA - Missing Persons Alert ooo. Anyone seen Aniks yet. He's yet to sighted since the match ended due to Ozil's upper cut that got him dazed. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
When Arsenal are not dominating games he's absent': Graeme Souness challenges Mesut Ozil to produce against the big teams
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ester.html
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:Abeg there's an MPA - Missing Persons Alert ooo. Anyone seen Aniks yet. He's yet to sighted since the match ended due to Ozil's upper cut that got him dazed. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

My broda Aniks had a fantastic night.

Ozil was the General with an incredible performance that made him purring with delight.

Xhaka was imperious and immense. He even found time to win hearts at the Emirates with an unbelievable performance as a LB, every time he got the ball, he was cheered and applauded, just like Aniks was cheering where ever he was.

I noticed with dismay how silent he was in the game thread, but I later realised he was busy cheering the team to be concerned with the game thread. Ozil and Xhaka had put paid to that. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

When will we have the Mikhytarian talk? We need him!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Fantastic. Thing about that goal is the speed with which that ball moved across the turf and the players instinct in anticipating and knowing their team mates intentions. Shows a group of players as one and full of confidence. The Leicester players could not cope.

To be fair, in the 1st half, we had about 3 moves we just managed to put it together, but credit to Leicester, they just managed to break the moves up, but despite our frustration in that stadium, we felt it was coming. The physicality and effort the Leicester players put in that 1st half, after that moral sapping equalizer that floored them, we had this feeling they could not keep it up 2nd half.

The 2nd goal was all about the packing pass from Ozil. With one ball he took out 5 defenders opening it up. In analytics, to outplay or beat defenders is seen as particularly effective and has the greatest impact on scoring goals. But that pass was special. Kanu and Bergkamp come to mind.

His first goal was pretty special too. When you have the ability to pass a ball into the net like he did there, you have the ability to do anything. I remember a similar goal, when he gave the Everton Goalie and defenders the eye totally fooling them before passing the ball into the space they left behind cos the all expected him to pass where he was looking.

The fact is I have seen signs of Ozil's return to form, I made comments here about improvements on his physical output, saying improved physical performance often brings improvement in form.

Overall, we are still a 2nd half team. We need to start better and cut out giving up too many chances before we play Liverpool who are a team noted for starting extremely well. The good thing is we are improving, and that Leicester first half is the best 1st half we have played this season using every statistical guide.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

realtrouble wrote:
When Arsenal are not dominating games he's absent': Graeme Souness challenges Mesut Ozil to produce against the big teams
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ester.html
Hmmmmm.... very clever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course Souness is incorrect. But we must also try to understand the context.

He works for Sky and he is good at what he does. He job, inter alia, is to get people talking long after the game, so certain sound bites and talking points are fed into him and all pundits to raise controversy. But Souness is particularly good because he comes across as passionate and convinces. This sort of thing caused untold problems for Henry when he worked for Sky.

If you are intelligent and observant enough to understand the nuances and at times, the blatant and shameful attempts to generate hits and public involvement, then you choose to post these sorts of opinions with a caveat. You show you are on top of your brief and clever enough not to be a tool promoting propaganda. The problem comes with having an agenda and being ignorant.

Ozil has produced in big games and carried Arsenal in big games. I cannot forget because I was at the stadium to witness some of his memorable performances. I also remember away games too. I remember games against ManU 3-0, Liverpoool 4-1, 3-3 Chelsea 3-0, Bayern 2-1 etc etc.

It is easy, cheap and weak to try and be clever by half, by posting ignorant revisionist BS after a fantastic performance from a player, to justify your wrong stance about a player you have an agenda against because ignorance is not just your modus operandi, it is also your raison d'etre.