The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:We need quality players. We need players who can actually score from outside the box. This offers the team a different dimension. This offers different threads and different danger points.
I watched Auba trying to shoot from 20 yards ... I wasn't impressed. This is where we miss Sanchez.
With Ozil and Mhika, the attack is too predictable and any prepared defender knows exactly what our attackers will do.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:Thierry Henry has been linked with the Leicester Job as Claude Puel is under fire ... after losing to Borinho football...
It will take Arsenal a few years to catch up. But better than the nonsense that we watched Wenger deliver every year...Wenger stayed 5 years too long !!! And Kroenke has been at the club 10+ years too long.

If you haven't watched Dembele/Barca today against Sevilla, then you missed an amazing player. What a performance !!! Barcelona is definitely CL favorite. They are going for it ...
Wow ... what a goal by Dembele. A 20 yards bomb ... Check it out on youtube ....
I don't know if Arsenal offered anything for Dembele ... but, sitting on the bench at Barca and during the WC must have lit fire under his lazy behind. I hope we see the best of him this year. Dembele has so much talent ... he really needs consistency and stop partying all night before games.
Saw it last night - shot the ball with the right foot(he's left-footed) - GK had no chance. We need wingers - we're forcing play makers to play wide. We must expand the area of our attack - right now we overpass - teams can compress the pitch cos no pace asking questions.
I saw the Auba shot but it's unfair to judge his talent on that - he has scored loads from outside the box & definitely is far more potent in the striker spot than Alexis will ever be. We're not using him correctly - it reminds me of Nicolas Anelka's time with Real Madrid - Auba makes runs & we're still passing the ball at the back - go back to his link up game with Dembele @Dortmund - he tries to break - no support cos no pace from the midfield at all.
You're spot on about shooting from outside the box - i saw clips of them training doing that but most of our players seem to aim their shots at a GK's chest - AW seemed to coach shooting out of players. Didn't used to be that way - Giovanni van Bronckhorst was very slow paced @MF&LFB but when he puts his laces thru a ball, the GK better be ready - compare that to Xhaka whose rate of precision(forget scoring - just making the GK save a shot) is extremely poor. Lampard wasn't a pacy player but he was very efficient -
Ramsey for some reason i can't fathom seems to get the ball stuck on his foot a lot - as far as Ozil & shooting goes - the less said the better(i am sorry) - methinks it's psychological.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Looking forward to the wknd @theBridge one remembers that the the 1st half of our preseason match vs Chelsea was a
ragdoll affair - we were schooled especially with the kid vs Hector.
Chelsea will know that they can press us high, we defend narrow(at least vs ManC) they'll go at us on the flanks - how do
we adapt with what we have tactically - let's revisit a Pep revolution @ManC from last season:

------------------------------------------------------
" .......It's worth remembering that David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were both considered, before Guardiola's arrival, natural No. 10s. Silva was perfectly capable of drifting inside from a wider position, and De Bruyne's energy and crossing ability means he could play wide right too. But they were essentially No. 10s,......Arsenal also serve as a useful comparison for accommodating creative No. 10s....with a dilemma involving how to accommodate two players in that mould, after Mesut Ozil signed a new long-term contract and Henrikh Mkhitaryan arrived from Manchester United....Wenger has tried to use them together in a 4-2-3-1, but also in a 4-3-3 -- the same system City use. But at Tottenham, Wenger fielded Ozil and Mkhitaryan in the two wide roles. That's fair enough, they're the logical positions to use them in -- maybe the only positions he could use him in. But make no mistake: De Bruyne is no more of a central midfielder than Mkhitaryan, Silva no more so than Ozil. All four players are No. 10s. But whereas Wenger shoved his two out wide, Guardiola has dragged them deeper to provide creativity from deep."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-cara ... h-football
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Silva & KDB were played wide - MC loses a lot creativity but at this point in our development, we're clearly not as effective at ball pressing, retention & defense as they are.We must rejig our team setup for more effective outcomes. It's all square pegs in circles just now - Emery must pick teams tactically set up to dance & if feelings are hurt - so be it. Playing Ramsey up front cos he's an important player for our pressing game creates an inbalane(totally does). The only guy i saw in the preseason beat a man to the touchline & put a cross in is Nelson - I also know Welbeck is dogged & will give us a shift if fit.
Do we stick with pretty footie with its weaknesses or go for a result at the Bridge. AW for all his romance with attacking footie setup a team last season away for containment - let's defend from our MF more effectively & provide real support for Auba by stretching the pitch.
-------------------------------------

Pep looked to be sending us Gooners a msg by the endless hugs of Arteta - point taken(if that was the intention):

"Telegraph: Having drawn up forensic studies of #AFC squad in preparation for potentially succeeding Wenger, Arteta was in the perfect position to help Guardiola mastermind their downfall....The duo came up with the plan of swapping Raheem Sterling to the left side and taking advantage of Mkhitaryan and Ozil on Arsenal’s flanks by loading their own wide areas with pace."

------------------------------------
My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Monreal Sokratis Mustafi Hector
Leno
--------------------------------
Yes, Torreira & Guendouzi haven't played together much but i see ball winning abilities & mobility. None of these kids hides from the ball.
If Monreal's healthy, you play Lichts @RB with Hector taking Nelson's spot - i just want a wide man whose pace will create panic
- giving Heactor a shorter pitch vs a LB he owns often - run past dude & cross in all day - trackback to protect Lichts.
Ozil is interchangeable with Mkhi - the gaffer might add Ramsey but he's isn't convincing that far forward.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Can this team beat Chelsea?
Pep is childish and its a shame.What was all that asking Arteta a lot of question and hugging him like no tomorrow....
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:Can this team beat Chelsea?
Pep is childish and its a shame.What was all that asking Arteta a lot of question and hugging him like no tomorrow....
They're also playing under a new gaffer/system with some disgruntled players. We need to go there with a plan & compete. We've to play with less playmakers - we lack the defensive fortitude to do that.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:Looking forward to the wknd @theBridge one remembers that the the 1st half of our preseason match vs Chelsea was a
Chelsea will know that they can press us high, we defend narrow(at least vs ManC) they'll go at us on the flanks - how do
we adapt with what we have tactically - let's revisit a Pep revolution @ManC from last season:

" .......It's worth remembering that David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne were both considered, before Guardiola's arrival, natural No. 10s. Silva was perfectly capable of drifting inside from a wider position, and De Bruyne's energy and crossing ability means he could play wide right too. But they were essentially No. 10s,......Arsenal also serve as a useful comparison for accommodating creative No. 10s....with a dilemma involving how to accommodate two players in that mould, after Mesut Ozil signed a new long-term contract and Henrikh Mkhitaryan arrived from Manchester United....Wenger has tried to use them together in a 4-2-3-1, but also in a 4-3-3 -- the same system City use. But at Tottenham, Wenger fielded Ozil and Mkhitaryan in the two wide roles. That's fair enough, they're the logical positions to use them in -- maybe the only positions he could use him in. But make no mistake: De Bruyne is no more of a central midfielder than Mkhitaryan, Silva no more so than Ozil. All four players are No. 10s. But whereas Wenger shoved his two out wide, Guardiola has dragged them deeper to provide creativity from deep."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Silva & KDB were played wide - MC loses a lot creativity but at this point in our development, we're clearly not as effective at ball pressing, retention & defense as they are.We must rejig our team setup for more effective outcomes. It's all square pegs in circles just now - Emery must pick teams tactically set up to dance & if feelings are hurt - so be it. Playing Ramsey up front cos he's an important player for our pressing game creates an inbalane(totally does). The only guy i saw in the preseason beat a man to the touchline & put a cross in is Nelson - I also know Welbeck is dogged & will give us a shift if fit.
Do we stick with pretty footie with its weaknesses or go for a result at the Bridge. AW for all his romance with attacking footie setup a team last season away for containment - let's defend from our MF more effectively & provide real support for Auba by stretching the pitch.

Pep looked to be sending us Gooners a msg by the endless hugs of Arteta - point taken(if that was the intention):

"Telegraph: Having drawn up forensic studies of #AFC squad in preparation for potentially succeeding Wenger, Arteta was in the perfect position to help Guardiola mastermind their downfall....The duo came up with the plan of swapping Raheem Sterling to the left side and taking advantage of Mkhitaryan and Ozil on Arsenal’s flanks by loading their own wide areas with pace."

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno
Yes, Torreira & Guendouzi haven't played together much but i see ball winning abilities & mobility. None of these kids hides from the ball.
If Monreal's healthy, you play Lichts @RB with Hector taking Nelson's spot - i just want a wide man whose pace will create panic
- giving Heactor a shorter pitch vs a LB he owns often - run past dude & cross in all day - trackback to protect Lichts.
Ozil is interchangeable with Mkhi - the gaffer might add Ramsey but he's isn't convincing that far forward.

Someone who claims to have a functioning brain wants to play Reiss Nelson and Ozil, Yes Ozil, on a tough road game against Chelsea .... I mean we are talking of a coach who lost at home in his first game against the champs and is already fielding questions about his competence? .. but someone wey claim say e get brain wan play Ozil and Nelson on the road against Chelsea ????

Jesu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Image

“Whenever we played against Arsenal, we played over him, because we know he’s the weak point.’”

Thanks for making him eat his words MEZUT :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So uncle you are supporting this man for what he spew about our player?
I hope you know with post like this Ozil value only go down and no club will ever want to sign him off our hand.We need to package this guy for a money miss road club to come carry am go.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:

“Whenever we played against Arsenal, we played over him, because we know he’s the weak point.’”

I hope you know with post like this Ozil value only go down and no club will ever want to sign him off our hand.We need to package this guy for a money miss road club to come carry am go.

Did the man lie?

Wasn’t Ozil supposed to prove him wrong and eat his words?

If no one wanted The Fraud when he had months left on his contract, who would want him now with the worlds worst contract in tow?

Dude cmon men
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:Looking forward to the wknd @theBridge one remembers that the the 1st half of our preseason match vs Chelsea was a

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno

Someone who claims to have a functioning brain wants to play Reiss Nelson and Ozil, Yes Ozil, on a tough road game against Chelsea .... I mean we are talking of a coach who lost at home in his first game against the champs and is already fielding questions about his competence? .. but someone wey claim say e get brain wan play Ozil and Nelson on the road against Chelsea ????

Reiss Nelson is one of the few guys who can go past a defender on pace in our team - might sound crude & "low class" to you higher-ups but that's where we're - in a league where pace counts plenty - we've elected to ignore transfers for that function - you've to work with what we've - we don't have the toughness to play 2 strikers - i stay dumb tho!!! :winking:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno

Reiss Nelson is one of the few guys who can go past a defender on pace in our team - might sound crude & "low class" to you higher-ups but that's where we're - in a league where pace counts plenty - we've elected to ignore transfers for that function - you've to work with what we've - we don't have the toughness to play 2 strikers - i stay dumb tho!!! :winking:

You do know the Chelshyt game is on the road righ? A place where experience and defensive solidity and focus is a must :idea: Yet you want to play a kid who has none of those qualities yet and an all around proven liability like Ozil for a critical game?

Honestly some of una .... ahhhh never mind :roll:

Were you not around last year where pundits and fans alike were honest in their feelings at the chances of Arsenal nicking a result at the Bridge given that Ozil will miss the game? And were they not proven right ?

Anyway whatever carry on :mrgreen:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Did the man lie?

Wasn’t Ozil supposed to prove him wrong and eat his words?

If no one wanted The Fraud when he had months left on his contract, who would want him now with the worlds worst contract in tow?

Dude cmon men
No the man did not lie,i am just trying to see if some how with Wenger gone some crazy club might go mad a day and sign him off our hand.
My only pain is that we keep playing him and it get worst.How the dude finish this game is something the coach need to explain.I would have keep Ramsey and sub Ozil but again that goes to explain how $#% he was if Ransey that was also bad if my choice.I know with Ransey he can score from nothing
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno

You do know the Chelshyt game is on the road righ? A place where experience and defensive solidity and focus is a must :idea: Yet you want to play a kid who has none of those qualities yet and an all around proven liability like Ozil for a critical game?

Were you not around last year where pundits and fans alike were honest in their feelings at the chances of Arsenal nicking a result at the Bridge given that Ozil will miss the game? And were they not proven right ?

Someone, anyone introduce Arsenal to a culture of pragmatism.

How hard can it be to grasp the importance of balance? How hard can it be to grasp you can't have a team where 4+players are trash off the ball. Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Mkhitaryan all prone to sleepwalking at critical moments.

Want to win away in the PL or against the big boys...CLEAN SHEETS.

Bad enough our CB's are highly flawed at best, it's incumbent on rest of team to up their focus and discipline off the ball.

My 11@ Chavs

Leno

Lichtsteiner-Mustafi--Sokratis--Nacho

Torreira-Elneny-Niles

Guendouzi-PEA-Welbeck

This is not FIFA 18, Arsenal need to stop lying to themselves, we retain this undeserved arrogance that we can play anyone off the park. We can't, don't and won't. Fact Henry is not walking through that door, Bergkamp not walking through that door, Pires not walking through that door.

Any success over next few seasons will be down to details no matter how small. If Arsenal don't stop picking lineups based on rep over feasible game plan they're doomed.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno

How hard can it be to grasp the importance of balance? How hard can it be to grasp you can't have a team where 4+players are trash off the ball. Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Mkhitaryan all prone to sleepwalking at critical moments.

Bad enough our CB's are highly flawed at best, it's incumbent on rest of team to up their focus and discipline off the ball.

My 11@ Chavs

Leno

Torreira-Elneny-Niles

Guendouzi-PEA-Welbeck

This is not FIFA 18, Arsenal need to stop lying to themselves, we retain this undeserved arrogance that we can play anyone off the park. We can't, don't and won't. Fact Henry is not walking through that door, Bergkamp not walking through that door, Pires not walking through that door.

Any success over next few seasons will be down to details no matter how small. If Arsenal don't stop picking lineups based on rep over feasible game plan they're doomed.

TG,

Guendo up front as a part of a three? I’d rather see HB zip there before Guendo. And are either Nacho or AMN even healthy? Aside from that I totally agree with ur lineup.

Also I don’t feel that bad about our CBs. I think they held up pretty well actually

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno

My 11@ Chavs

Leno

Torreira-Elneny-Niles

Guendouzi-PEA-Welbeck

TG,

Guendo up front as a part of a three? I’d rather see HB zip there before Guendo. And are either Nacho or AMN even healthy? Aside from that I totally agree with ur lineup.

Also I don’t feel that bad about our CBs. I think they held up pretty well actually
Any line up @ chavs that does not feature the "walking dead" i.e Ozil, Ramsey, Xhaka and Mkhitaryan is fine by me.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My team for da Bridge:
4-2-3-1

Auba
Welbeck Ozil Nelson
Torreira Guendouzi
Leno

My 11@ Chavs

Leno

Torreira-Elneny-Niles

Guendouzi-PEA-Welbeck

TG,

Any line up @ chavs that does not feature the "walking dead" i.e Ozil, Ramsey, Xhaka and Mkhitaryan is fine by me.

My views on the so called Armenian Pele have been clear here .... I said I will give him a clean slate at Arsenal but oh well .... I will keep watching :woot:

I’ve gone back and forth about Mustafi but I still submit that there is a football player in there if Unai can fix the wiring in his brain. I can’t look past his performance at the Emirates vs Tottenham where he was by far the best player on the field, but when you look at the body of his work there are far more moments of madness than genius.

Nevertheless I’m hoping that Emery can fix his issues .... as far as Ozil and Xhaka are concerned .... ahhh never mind

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I thought that with Arsene finally departing, we'd be able to enjoy a largely peaceful and enjoyable thread, but alas old habits die hard. The thread has largely become a mish-mash of cursing, wailing, whining, complaining, arguing for the sake of arguing, and posting stupid incoherent stuff.

The toxicity level is rising still.

Hopefully, when there's useful discourse and I see sane posts, I'll enjoy again. Respect to those that contribute meaningfully and state their views with respect. You all are the reasons we can still click on this thread as Arsenal fans.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Read below to help to help move through the season, the threads, our comments, our yabbis our rudeness etc etc .. trust me it works...

Culled from .." The art of Possibility " Benjamin Zander.

Two Prime ministers were sitting in a room discussing affairs of state. Suddenly a man bursts in, apoplectic with fury, shouting and stamping and baning his fist on the desk. The resident prime minister admonishes him: “Peter,” he says, “kindly remember Rule Number 6,” whereupon Peter is instantly restored to complete calm, apologizes, and withdraws. The politicians return to their conversation, only to be interrupted yet again twenty minutes later by an hysterical woman gesticulating wildly, her hair flying. Again the intruder is greeted with the words: “Marie, please remember Rule Number 6.” Complete calm descends once more, and she too withdraws with a bow and an apology. When the scene is repeated for a third time, the visiting prime minister addresses his colleague: “My dear friend, I’ve seen many things in my life, but never anything as remarkable as this. Would you be willing to share with me the secret of this Rule Number 6?” “Very simple,” replies the resident prime minister. “Rule Number 6 is ‘Don’t take yourself so damn seriously.'” “Ah,” says his visitor, “that is a fine rule.” After a moment of pondering, he inquires, “And what, may I ask, are the other rules?” … “There aren’t any.”
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Some interesting analysis. Mostly on point. Not many teams will have the talent and preparation of Man City. So, things could look better in the next games.
However, lots of improvements are needed.
[/video]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Azuka how bodi?

Never hear from you since World Cup :scared: :scared:

I wonder why :taunt: :taunt:

Abi Ozil and Xhacrap don make ya mouth dry :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Monchi strikes again and Nzonzi is now a Roma player :curse: :curse: oh well we have the second best long passer (8 total) :taunt: in the league :laugh: so no biggie

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Some interesting analysis. Mostly on point. Not many teams will have the talent and preparation of Man City. So, things could look better in the next games.
However, lots of improvements are needed.
[/video]
Thanks for posting,i hope we can get past chelsea with a win.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Monchi strikes again and Nzonzi is now a Roma player :curse: :curse: oh well we have the second best long passer (8 total) :taunt: in the league :laugh: so no biggie
But why is our coach that has work with him refused to look at him?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I am watching our game vs city,i think we will beat chelsea.Hazard need to be silent and i believe we should play Ramsey.He has always play well against chelsea
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Monchi strikes again and Nzonzi is now a Roma player :curse: :curse: oh well we have the second best long passer (8 total) :taunt: in the league :laugh: so no biggie
But why is our coach that has work with him refused to look at him?

MONEY :idea:

MLK.