The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by bepanda »

Wenger failed at Monaco ... Emery failed at PSG. Ole Gunner failed at Cardiff ... Trying to find someone who has never failed ... means we will need to find someone who has never tried.
Monchi brought up players like Sergio Ramos, Diego Capel, Ivan Rakitic, Julio Baptista , ...etc. And the list is long...
South America, Africa, Spain have the types of players that will keep Arsenal playing their style of football and be successful without the need to break the bank.

Bepanda
tolahs wrote: People, he failed at Roma - that's why he's leaving - methinks we dodged a bullet. He knows the La Liga - IBerian & S. American market but not enough to make a dent at Roma - nah.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Exactly my thoughts. Despite recent results, Arsenal still doesn't have the depth to chase muliiple trophies at the same time, especially since the quality of the opposition requires us to be at our best.
There is a reason why Emery has focused on playing the experienced players over the youth in the last few games.
Bepanda
Heliopolis wrote:Tough luck with the Europa League draw. We're on the difficult side of the bracket and will need to defeat the 2nd best team in Italy, one of the better La Liga sides, and then likely our nemesis Chelsea in the final. Very unlikely IMO. Anyways, at least we have 2 paths to the CL. Getting KO'd from Europa won't be an awful thing as we could focus on finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

bepanda wrote:Wenger failed at Monaco ... Emery failed at PSG. Ole Gunner failed at Cardiff ... Trying to find someone who has never failed ... means we will need to find someone who has never tried.
Monchi brought up players like Sergio Ramos, Diego Capel, Ivan Rakitic, Julio Baptista , ...etc. And the list is long...
South America, Africa, Spain have the types of players that will keep Arsenal playing their style of football and be successful without the need to break the bank.

Bepanda
tolahs wrote: People, he failed at Roma - that's why he's leaving - methinks we dodged a bullet. He knows the La Liga - IBerian & S. American market but not enough to make a dent at Roma - nah.
And no one has ever failed until they stop trying!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Wenger failed at Monaco ... Emery failed at PSG. Ole Gunner failed at Cardiff ... Trying to find someone who has never failed ... means we will need to find someone who has never tried.

Bepanda
On AW time @Monaco - you've made a false equivalence - go do your homework on Bernard Tapie & match fixing with Marseille - major scandal in French Football that robbed AW's Monaco. Court records & media reports at the time show that.
Monchi was fought for by Roma - his formula failed - he's now going back to a lower budget club he couldn't wait to get away from.
It also matters cos of the EPL player permit requirements compared Spain & Italy.
South American players as we've seen with Suarez & players from Iberia as seen with CR prefer the culture in Spain & Italy - grow up supporting big clubs from there - hence Suarez left for Barca & CR left for Real Madrid.
What worked @Sevilla back in the day & @Arsenal in AW's 1st 10yrs will not work in today's market - agents & players are more demanding & ambitious.
Monchi going back to Sevilla doesn't show me a man who has confidence in his methods.
Lastly, i am not a fan of 3 guys from the same Country(Spain) running our club - like it or not, that system's more corrupt that we're used to here - the English media will have a field day if we slip up plus it becomes a job for the boys situation. I'll take Overmars - he'll be responsible to Arsenal not Emery!!!

Ole failed to save a team w/o talent from relegation if i remember correctly - while he seems to have improved an underperforming ManU with arguably the best squad in the Country.
Emery failed with a team of superstars - not all coaches are cut out to coach such teams - it becomes more about things other than ability to coach.
I wouldn't compare a Coach's job to that of a T.D - very different - but Roma letting him go after the fight to get him cannot frowned at - i think we missed a big opp letting Sven go
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:Wonder if Monchi is frontin to start a bidding war for services but if it is true that he is returning to Sevilla where does that leave Arsenal.

Ahem maybe it’s not too late to go mend the fences with Sven :idea: :idea:
Campos, Overmars, Brands,
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger failed at Monaco. What next? Wenger failed at Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man won the league and Cup. Then l9st out to a team we now know was buying Refs after his victory with those excellent players he brought into the league.

But we are being told he failed. Only on CE, will sucn ignorance be pontificated with titanic arrogance. :oops: :oops:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Sczesny unleashed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robin Van Persie

"You have to admit, he left for Manchester United and the next year he won the title, but the year after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at Arsenal. He's extremely arrogant - sometimes."

Gervinho

"Who thought he might be in my top 40 I played with?! Add one more 0."

Lukas Podolski

"I remember, and I'm not lying to you now, in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box I didn't want to save it, I covered my head. I swear, I just protected my head. Really funny guy. "

Alexandr Hleb

"He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career, but he liked to drink."

Santi Cazorla

"We were on a training camp, in Cologne and Santi joined us for his first training session and we played some small games. After training the guys gave big applause to Arsene for signing Cazorla.

"Slow, small, one of the best I played with. Unbelievable mind and technique. I can't tell what was his best asset was, but you played with him and were like 'Ohhhh my God, he's soooo good.' Lovable, friendly, always smiling. Not wanting to insult him, but he had a tendency to gain weight."

SAMIR NASRI:

“He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this type of person at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he's cool."
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Sczesny unleashed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robin Van Persie

"You have to admit, he left for Manchester United and the next year he won the title, but the year after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at Arsenal. He's extremely arrogant - sometimes."

Gervinho

Lukas Podolski

"I remember, and I'm not lying to you now, in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box I didn't want to save it, I covered my head. I swear, I just protected my head. Really funny guy. "

Alexandr Hleb

"He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career, but he liked to drink."

Santi Cazorla

"We were on a training camp, in Cologne and Santi joined us for his first training session and we played some small games. After training the guys gave big applause to Arsene for signing Cazorla.

"Slow, small, one of the best I played with. Unbelievable mind and technique. I can't tell what was his best asset was, but you played with him and were like 'Ohhhh my God, he's soooo good.' Lovable, friendly, always smiling. Not wanting to insult him, but he had a tendency to gain weight."

SAMIR NASRI:

“He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this type of person at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he's cool."
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bepanda
Explain to us how Emery failed at PSG? Are you implying he didn't win any trophies.

The other day I had to challenge this same claim by Kajifu.

Please check his record again. Two Ligue 1 trophies cannot be regarded as failure. I don't care if he didn't win the CL. That was an impressive haul.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Fair question.
When you are hired, your boss tells you what his expectations are.
If you fall short of those expectations, then you are relieved of your duties prematurely and your stay is considered a failure.
Maybe in your eyes Emery was a success at PSG, but according to those who hired him and paid his salary, the results were short of their expectations. That's why he wasn't even allowed to see out his contract.
That is the simplest definition and that is the same I used on all the examples I cites above. All the managers I mentioned above were relieved of their duties before the end of their contracts.
And were therefore considered failures. They didn't leave on their own. They were fired.

Some tried to twist things by adding wrinkles here and there (Wenger failed at Monaco because of Bernard Tapie ... blah blah blah ... . Who cares? Wenger was fired at Monaco in September of 94. 2 months into the season) to satisfy their narratives. But they don't want to use the same wrinkles on the people they don't like ...
They don't like Monchie? They call him a failure. They like Wenger, they call him a success. Both were let go prior to the end of their contract.

Bepanda
cchinukw wrote:
Bepanda
Explain to us how Emery failed at PSG? Are you implying he didn't win any trophies.
Please check his record again. Two Ligue 1 trophies cannot be regarded as failure. I don't care if he didn't win the CL. That was an impressive haul.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:Sczesny unleashed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robin Van Persie

Gervinho

Lukas Podolski

Alexandr Hleb

Santi Cazorla

SAMIR NASRI:

:D :bump:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Wonder if Monchi is frontin to start a bidding war for services but if it is true that he is returning to Sevilla where does that leave Arsenal.

Ahem maybe it’s not too late to go mend the fences with Sven :idea: :idea:
Campos, Overmars, Brands,
I thought Arsenal paid his release clause. :?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Heliopolis wrote:Tough luck with the Europa League draw. We're on the difficult side of the bracket and will need to defeat the 2nd best team in Italy, one of the better La Liga sides, and then likely our nemesis Chelsea in the final. Very unlikely IMO. Anyways, at least we have 2 paths to the CL. Getting KO'd from Europa won't be an awful thing as we could focus on finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.
If Arsenal can't beat Napoli, Valencia and Chelsea then they have no business being in the Champions League.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
If Arsenal can't beat Napoli, Valencia and Chelsea then they have no business being in the Champions League.
Haba i hope you know we veen in CL next year will only get things better.We have a new coach by next season i expect the team to do better. Do t uses this cuurent team to say we are not good to be in CL.
I still believe we can beat Napoli,Emery just have to prepare the boys .If We get pass them the trohoy likely come home,
Next year this team wil be better.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:

Bepanda

I dont know if you think PSG that hire him and let him go after 2 season c9nsider him success,he was sign to win CL,he failed badly in doing so before he came to psg,how many times have they won the league straight?
The league was a one way traffic same like iatlian league with Juve, he failed and end psg 6 straight league title.He throw a 4 goals lead in CL amd its was the end of him.
PSG would bot have allow him go if he was doing a great job.
Im not knocking him down but psg consider him failure he did not meet their standard,.No other big club come calling when psg let him go,Araenal might be perfect for him,saying he failed doesnt mean he is a bad coach.Jose failed in manu and was sacked but he won trophies there,..
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

However, Monchi has rejected a three-year contract from Arsenal and instead agreed a deal to return to the club where he gained his formidable reputation. He will be unveiled at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium on Monday at 12pm (GMT).

Sevilla confirmed his appointment on Sunday with a post on social media, writing: 'Monchi has come home.'

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I thought this Raul guy was supposed to be the man with all the connections around the world? Ok can anyone tell me what this guy has done so far apart from force Sven out of the club and fail with Monchi???

He isn’t bringing in star quality to the club so I’m so sorry but I’m not impressed so far ... Just saying

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:I thought this Raul guy was supposed to be the man with all the connections around the world? Ok can anyone tell me what this guy has done so far apart from force Sven out of the club and fail with Monchi???

He isn’t bringing in star quality to the club so I’m so sorry but I’m not impressed so far ... Just saying
You actually believe Arsenal were in for Monchi. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This story is all based on adding 2 plus 2 to make whatever. All the people I know with good inside knowledge of Arsenal, all dismissed the link as BS.

Sven has not left due to cost cutting to be replace by Monchi. I have said this here from day one.

I my view, Monchi would have found it difficult to succeed in the EPL with all its restrictions on players coming in. But what do I know.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I believe we all agree that the current team is unbalanced and not at the image of the current coach.
Have you thought about the fact that ... maybe, just maybe ... we could be fielding a team more at the image of the coach next year?
Why do you want to judge what we can do next year with what we are doing this year? This current team is some 12 points better than the one we had last year. Although the changes weren't really as the coach had hoped.
I agree that the competition with Napoli will tell us more about the state of the current players and will give the coach a better understanding of what he has at hand.
Our much maligned defense has performed quite well against the Top 6, when the coach has had his best defenders available. But when replacements have been given a chance to play, we all know what they have done.
Bepanda
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I thought this Raul guy was supposed to be the man with all the connections around the world? Ok can anyone tell me what this guy has done so far apart from force Sven out of the club and fail with Monchi???

This story is all based on adding 2 plus 2 to make whatever. All the people I know with good inside knowledge of Arsenal, all dismissed the link as BS.

Sven has not left due to cost cutting to be replace by Monchi. I have said this here from day one.

I my view, Monchi would have found it difficult to succeed in the EPL with all its restrictions on players coming in. But what do I know.

Wait Waffi did you just say Arsenal was not in for Monchi?

Ahahahahahaha is there anything you won’t LIE about?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

In view of all the media hype, plus the way they treated us with such disrespect after we beat them, I decided to drill down into the hype with Solskjaer and the English media. The fact are Solskjaer has now managed 19 games for ManU in all competitions, he has:

Won 14
Drawn 2
Lost 3

But Emery's first 19 for Arsenal:

Won 13
Drawn 4
Lost 2

Just goes to show why you must never be lazy abput these things, never rely on quacks, do your own research. Even when we beat ManU, I remember how they never gave us any credit, it was like ManU beat themselves.

Looking at those numbers, it is interesting to compare them to us, given all the hype about Solskjaer and ManU.

Being fair to ManU and Solskjaer. Arsenal were to play Wolves in the league today, but the FA Cup meant they played ManU. As a Gooner who has just witnessed his team play ManU and Rennes, playing the 3rd game in 7 games against Wolves would have seen us lose like ManU did today. I am just glad we did not play Wolves today because we would have lost 3 points in this crucial race for top 4.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Wait Waffi did you just say Arsenal was not in for Monchi?

Ahahahahahaha is there anything you won’t LIE about?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I said I did not not believe the rumours. I saw them are rumours and nothing more. Look maybe they were true to you, that's fine, to me they were not. There was nothing of any substance to the rumours apart from the press and clickbaits.

I repeat, I do not believe Arsenal were ever in for Monchi. Your Spanish boy, remember him, :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: as far as I know is firmly ensconced in this position at the club, even if it has not been announced.

The fact that I do not believe it does not mean something did not happen, I do not know. But I know this, this rumour dud not come from Arsenal, it came from the press, it makes me believe they are falsehoods.

Now there is talk of Overmars, this is even more of a possibility than Monchi, but once again, I do not believe the Overmars rumours anymore than I did Monchi.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
However, Monchi has rejected a three-year contract from Arsenal and instead agreed a deal to return to the club where he gained his formidable reputation. He will be unveiled at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium on Monday at 12pm (GMT).

Sevilla confirmed his appointment on Sunday with a post on social media, writing: 'Monchi has come home.'
:rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?