The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Cally »

Waffi, it is what it is. The likes of Le Grove are being quoted for us here. A site where sad people congregate to cry and enjoy their misery together. I thought that Wenger leaving would have closed that site down, but I can see they are trying to milk their Wenger bash-fest for as long as they can.

Moving on, Waffi made a point that I've been thinking about. If Arsenal had ever sold any of the likes of Wilshire, Ramsey, Welbeck, Kos when they needed to be sold, these same criers would have done their thing cause it's just want they love to do. Arsenal would have been labelled the selling club, and Wenger the old miser. Now after the fact, everyone knows better.

Again, how Stan Kroenke stays blameless here while Wenger and Gazidis are bashed simply just makes no sense. Anyways, Wenger hating makes more sense than any other thing.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Siddonlook11 wrote:many funny pple dey this thread..

When we got bargain e.g Holding, Mavrapnos and Lucas Torriera ...we did not applaud the people who pushed these deals but when these same people seem to have made bad deals AFTER the fact .. they get abused in jobs they have left !!

You guys should just leave spilled milk and face what is in your front.. they new guys making these deals are the same ones that just made 3 crary deals..

Letting Ramsey go ..for nothing ..
Letting Kos Go ..
Letting Welbeck go..

These three decisions are not from the old Era so lets watch and see..

People will always make good and bad deals..

Oh btw I blamed the Health team for Santi , Diaby and Jack....However I was reminded that Ramsey and Eduardo have horrific injuries that the same Health team I blamed helped nurse back to full fitness so go figure...
Abeg talk some o! Blame is specially reserved for some.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:Emery exposed Arsenal by disclosing our financial situation. By doing this Emery has rightly proctected himself, and I cannot quarrel with the man even though I know in business, it is best you are silent about your resources than letting everyone know you have money or are broke.

Why should Emery in his 1st year show the same level of loyalty, love and protection for Arsenal as Wenger did? No reason whatsoever. The same Emery must have been promised money before he joined the club.

Emery who has a Twitter account, is well aware of the social climate and how media plus fans run a false narrative and propaganda against anyone who does not deliver results based on the speculation, the unknown, low resources and unrealistic expectations.

Wenger is prime example of suffering from such a fate towards the end of his tenure.

Look how many times Arsène Wenger has had to cover up for the Board, I remember Wenger saying things like, “look, I don’t know”, “we may have a surprise for you” etc.

He did it for another reason apart from proctecting the club, he covered up for the Board. Wenger covered up Arsenal's finances so Arsenal did not look like a weak. I recall Real Madrid sacking a Coach for saying they did not have money. In the football jungle, you either eat or you get eaten. Emery's has sent the wrong message to clubs, players and agents we may be interested to work with. But someone needs to say it after all these years, for the fans.
Honestly this Emery of a guy is talking too much and simply digging a big pit to can't get out of. And i blame this on his advisers. A few of his comments to note:

1. He said we will do better against our big six rivals
2. he said our defence was woeful before he took over
3. Before we played Liverpool he said Liverpool is capable of going the season unbeaten
4. now he's blabbing about money.

Of the 5 players he bought/brought in how are up to scratch? Torreira and Guendo? The jury is still out on Leno. Enough said about Sokratis and Litch. Can someone please advice him to buckle down and work or move on?
In PSG with it's limitless pocket he never won the UCL. So go figure.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Voila! Le Yahoozie.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Emery's statement about Arsenal's financial situation is
not that unique. Take a look at the clubs in the EPL.
Most clubs are not buying. They are just not saying it.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Between The Parasite and Mikhi, Arsenal are paying almost 600k per week????

And some people wonder why Kroenke doesn’t want to waste his money.

This is criminal mismanagement :curse: :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:Between The Parasite and Mikhi, Arsenal are paying almost 600k per week????

Yet some folks want to live in a world where likes of Wenger are blameless. Same Wenger who only bought Cech in summer of 2015, same Wenger who was die hard loyal to incompetent morons like Rowley and Grimandi.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Between The Parasite and Mikhi, Arsenal are paying almost 600k per week????

Yet some folks want to live in a world where likes of Wenger are blameless. Same Wenger who only bought Cech in summer of 2015, same Wenger who was die hard loyal to incompetent morons like Rowley and Grimandi.
Please don’t mention those last two names :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

When we got bargain e.g Holding, Mavrapnos and Lucas Torriera ...we did not applaud the people who pushed these deals but when these same people seem to have made bad deals AFTER the fact .. they get abused in jobs they have left !!

You guys should just leave spilled milk and face what is in your front.. they new guys making these deals are the same ones that just made 3 crary deals..

Letting Kos Go ..
Letting Welbeck go..

Oh btw I blamed the Health team for Santi , Diaby and Jack....However I was reminded that Ramsey and Eduardo have horrific injuries that the same Health team I blamed helped nurse back to full fitness so go figure...
you just forgot one small detail, my beloved aburo. These folks that we should be patting in the back got paid HANDSOMELY to get it right. Otherwise, I agree with your reasoning. I think AW got between 7 - 10 million/year.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Letting Kos Go ..
Letting Welbeck go..

you just forgot one small detail, my beloved aburo. These folks that we should be patting in the back got paid HANDSOMELY to get it right. Otherwise, I agree with your reasoning. I think AW got between 7 - 10 million/year.
And he delivered a whole lot more for what resources he had. Show me any other club in the Premier league that has won more than 3 trophies on a budget of £50m per annum for transfers. Show me any manager that delivered CL football for 8 of those 10 years on his budget? Do you want me to go on?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

On what basis is it? It is your opinion, fair enough. How do you even know they earn that money? Have you seen their wage slip?

Players of Mikh's and Ozil's quality earn more at other clubs. If we want to be a top club soon, we must pay the going rate, what happens after that is conjecture.

Look at City and the club's above us. They have quality in all key positions, maybe we should go get more quality instead selling the quality we have, then we can get more out of Mikh and Ozil.

BTW! Ozil has won silverware at Arsenal. The team that won 3 FA Cups is almost gone. If we do not give Emery the quality he needs in the squad, we will not be winning a thing in another 20 years.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

How many players did these guys scout at Arsenal? Steve Rowley is a legendary Arsenal scout going back before Wenger, for you guys to even smear him has me wondering if you are guys are really with the program.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

How many players did these guys scout at Arsenal? Steve Rowley is a legendary Arsenal scout going back before Wenger, for you guys to even smear him has me wondering if you are guys are really with the program.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Waffi, it is what it is. The likes of Le Grove are being quoted for us here. A site where sad people congregate to cry and enjoy their misery together. I thought that Wenger leaving would have closed that site down, but I can see they are trying to milk their Wenger bash-fest for as long as they can.

Moving on, Waffi made a point that I've been thinking about. If Arsenal had ever sold any of the likes of Wilshire, Ramsey, Welbeck, Kos when they needed to be sold, these same criers would have done their thing cause it's just want they love to do. Arsenal would have been labelled the selling club, and Wenger the old miser. Now after the fact, everyone knows better.

Again, how Stan Kroenke stays blameless here while Wenger and Gazidis are bashed simply just makes no sense. Anyways, Wenger hating makes more sense than any other thing.
Have you noticed the same people who were moaning about Wenger are the same people moaning now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:Waffi, it is what it is. The likes of Le Grove are being quoted for us here. A site where sad people congregate to cry and enjoy their misery together. I thought that Wenger leaving would have closed that site down, but I can see they are trying to milk their Wenger bash-fest for as long as they can.

Have you noticed the same people who were moaning about Wenger are the same people moaning now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or same people that warned you about flaws at Arsenal led by likes of AW and Gazidis, warned about regression that was years in the making are simply pointing out how chickens have come to roost.

Likes of myself, Aniks, Yemester, Gooner1 among others foretold of all of this for years, whilst you played role of Baghdad Bob.....

Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

you just forgot one small detail, my beloved aburo. These folks that we should be patting in the back got paid HANDSOMELY to get it right. Otherwise, I agree with your reasoning. I think AW got between 7 - 10 million/year.[/quote]

And he delivered a whole lot more for what resources he had. Show me any other club in the Premier league that has won more than 3 trophies on a budget of £50m per annum for transfers. Show me any manager that delivered CL football for 8 of those 10 years on his budget? Do you want me to go on?[/quote]

Yes o they got paid and the one there now are getting paid - everyone gets paid in this football business but the blaming by fans is very very selective.

I am sure Ramsey and Eduardo are very thankful to those same "criminal health team" as one forumer labelled them.

Lest we forget that Santi that was butchered in now ok playing in Spain , lest we forget that Jack passed medical for West yam only to get broken there 3 times since leaving us ..and I could go on.

I just think we - and I mean all of us fans me self inclusive like to moan "SELECTIVELY " ..sometimes we should just say welldone to people and move on rather then always calling out the bad about them , not one of us here dey perfect and if everyone calls out out bad parts daily most of us will go over the edge.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Interesting stats in this article on Auba's influence at Arsenal:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... been-great

Arsenal goal involvement since February 2018 (all comps)
Player Goals Assists Total
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 26 7 33
Alexandre Lacazette 14 7 21
Aaron Ramsey 7 8 15
Henrikh Mkhitaryan 7 8 15
Alex Iwobi 4 9 13
Mesut Ozil 5 7 12
Danny Welbeck 10 2 12

Alex Iwobi leading the assists category.

Quite interesting.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:Interesting stats in this article on Auba's influence at Arsenal:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... been-great

Arsenal goal involvement since February 2018 (all comps)
Player Goals Assists Total
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 26 7 33
Alexandre Lacazette 14 7 21
Aaron Ramsey 7 8 15
Henrikh Mkhitaryan 7 8 15
Alex Iwobi 4 9 13
Mesut Ozil 5 7 12
Danny Welbeck 10 2 12

Alex Iwobi leading the assists category.

Quite interesting.
Empty vessels, they say, make the most sound. Iwobi is having a great season.

My bro, you don't want to get me started. But here is why Juve are paying the money.

Watching Ramsey from when I first saw him 11 years ago in the FA youth Cup game at the Emirates, I remember a non stop, all action player. He developed into a player whose main strength is to be heavily involved in midfield play while also getting forward to score and assist at an elite rate.

The fact as shown by the stats, are not in question, only the best attacking midfielders of the modern game of 3 games in 9/10 days can compare with both his quantity of passing and attacking output. But Ramsey is not just about attack, his huge lungs gives him the ability to defend too. Have a look at the 2nd set of stats.

But Ramsey's problem is inconsistency mainly due to injuries. There was a time here a few months ago, I wondered if his injuries meant he will never get to his best, but once again, he showed he was not fully fit. Since he regained his fitness, he has shown he is better physically than he has ever been. So I am not surprised he had the offers he had.

David Orstein informed us there was an agreement between him and Arsenal, but no contract. To me Orstein is reflecting the club's attempt to repair their damaged reputation of being dishonourable by going back on a deal.

The fact remains, the new regime at Arsenal has completed every deal agreed by Wenger and Gazidis except the Ramsey deal. My guess is it is a Josh Kroenke decision and not a football decision. Ut is a deal to save money. Emery wants to keep Ramsey as well as sign Suarez, so why try to lowball Ramsey?

BTW! Rumours of Emery being vexed and may leave because of broken promises on funds for transfer should not be ignored as nonsense.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Stop talking opaks Waffi Abegi ... what gems did Rowley unearth? Abeg make we hear word.

As for Grimaldi less said the better ... Les Postman says hello :mrgreen:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffi..thanks for the stats and link..

I saw this and copied it out...it is very telling... tells me all I need to know about those blaming Wenger and Gazalizard for our woes..

Dem forget board, dem forget say man body dey fallible ..dem forget moody players like Carlos Vela...
The fact remains, the new regime at Arsenal has completed every deal agreed by Wenger and Gazidis except the Ramsey deal. My guess is it is a Josh Kroenke decision and not a football decision. Ut is a deal to save money. Emery wants to keep Ramsey as well as sign Suarez, so why try to lowball Ramsey?
I have never liked the way we used Ramsey's strengths but I cannot fault his professionalism and commitment , I think letting him go for free sef is a loss but wetin I sabi ...

Btw I watched Suarez come on as a sub for Barca yesterday and he is OK, he won a penalty in their first leg loss in Copa 1-2 to Real Soc.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Stop talking opaks Waffi Abegi ... what gems did Rowley unearth? Abeg make we hear word.

As for Grimaldi less said the better ... Les Postman says hello :mrgreen:
Aniks, don't make a donkey (get it) of yourself. Let me start with the player they call Mr Arsenal - Tony Adams. If you want to learn more just Google, maybe you will not get much because he was before Google but I don't need Google.

Rowley is Arsenal most successful scout ever. An Arsenal legend for you and TG to trash him has me saying, this is a head's gone situation. Never let prejudice be a tool for your reasoning.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/features/2 ... tony-adams

Oh! We went downhill from when we started using StatDNA. The likes of Rowley and Grimandi are better. Wenger should have resigned instead of agreeing to the StatDNA scouting system over his tried and trusted system.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Where you get this pics?I hope its not some one in the forum family member but yours...lol