The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Mister Dolly wrote:I don't wanna hear any complaints about the ref. This team has lost it's mojo since Ramsey went down against Napoli.
You have come back to this Ramsey talk ...the team never had mojo ..they met teams that lacked mojo at times ..

Today we pinned Wolves back for the first 9 mins and decided to toy with them like it was practice game ..total disrespect . I am glad the beat us silly.

Check my first post ..i kept lamenting the atilogwu football and next thing whosai ..it was not Ramsey the team just had no idea of what to d when they get into a box that has 6 opposing players.

Check any team we have played that put 6 pple in the box and let me know how we fared,...

watch Valencia do this to us and we will have no clue and they will counter and kill us ..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

amafolas wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
amafolas wrote:Arsenal is no longer fun to watch

I thought that was because Ozil wasn’t in the lineup and playing in his preferred position
Abeg don't mix me up with Ozil fans. I want the man gone. I think he shouldn't play any away game for us ever again.

Ok oh sorry men :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cmon fellas did you really expect a result on the road with a depleted squad against a solid and well organized team like Wolves?

Abeg it is what it is. Accept that the team has way too many flaws ... We are exactly where we are supposed to be.

The fools who let Sven go better have done their homework and have a plan in place for the right players in and those who need to go :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:Cmon fellas did you really expect a result on the road with a depleted squad against a solid and well organized team like Wolves?

Abeg it is what it is. Accept that the team has way too many flaws ... We are exactly where we are supposed to be.

The fools who let Sven go better have done their homework and have a plan in place for the right players in and those who need to go :curse:
KPOM KWEM!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The better team won today. It is funny the game didn't even feel like an upset. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cmon fellas did you really expect a result on the road with a depleted squad against a solid and well organized team like Wolves?

KPOM KWEM!
KPIM KPUM! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:The better team won today. It is funny the game didn't even feel like an upset. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smdh

KPAM KPOOM! :lol:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Mister Dolly wrote:The crazy thing is this team can still end up in 4th if they win their next two games which looks impossible right now and Manure beats Chelsea on Saturday
Arsenal's away form is nonexistent. Winning two away games back to back is near impossible.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Jus curious how great was the best statistical midfielder “our Granit” today?

:rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emery has shown when he has remotely ideal squad he can deliver the goods. Righted ship even after Holding, Bellerin and Welbeck season ending injuries. Expecting to continue trend having to depend on a pup such as Douzi, lazy Kolasinac, wimps like Mustafi, Mkhitryan, mercurial Ozil and Iwobi, on last legs Monreal and Kos...fanciful thinking at best.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Whose give away sparked the third goal and who turned sideways in the wall during the free kick for the first goal? Smh how many errors leading to goals is that now?

:curse:

Poor Coach. Someone better make the decision to let Sven walk look pretty good :idea:

MLK.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

6 goals conceded in our last 2 games is disgraceful. Both Wolves and CP have two of the weakest attacks in the EPL but we let them go Barcelona on us.

We have one more lifeline (United drawing/beating Chelsea on Sunday) but we need to win our remaining 3 games no matter what.

Some Arsenal fans are focusing on Europa now as our best shot of qualifying into the CL but good luck with that given how awful our defending is.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

BBC Yoruba na baskard! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Punishment is not good stew/food. 1st slap, 2nd slap, won’t Arsenal’s eyes that is being slapped be blinded?
Top 4 up in smoke. Wolves bit Arsenal like a rabid dog.
https://www.bbc.com/yoruba/ere-idaraya-48040827
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Sokratis scored a goal today, but he was awful in defense today.
The second goal: He kept the Wolves player onside. Normally, everyone should move up on dead balls like that. Also, why was there only one Arsenal player by the corner trying to prevent the passes?
Leno should have saved that 3rd goal, but Sokratis just let the guy run by him. The regular Sokratis would have at least offer some form of challenge.
Also many times, Sokratis just looked like Mustafi out there.
Bepanda
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I keep reading & hearing we need multiple transfer windows to get our team right - i beg to differ(strongly actually) - the league we play in doesn't allow that luxury - it's full of ambitious teams & at best we've the 5th best squad. I've come to believe in the gaffer for i strongly advocate squad depth & tactical flexibility but we lack in key areas apart from a weak team mentality especially away from the Emirates.
The EPL more than any other top league needs athletes & pace - I see Spurs Moussa Sissoko as one of their central midfielders not cos he's cultured but for what he can do in generating counter-attack - in losing Kane, they can feed you Moura & Son as a front 2 - give any Wingback that support upfront.
Liverpool takes Ox off us & play him centrally to drive @teams - they already have burners for a front 3.
With Us Henrikh has that ability but shirks it - while Ozil who i remember running thru England in South Africa breaks then develops the "Hlebiscitis" - someone to pass to - Iwobi is allergic to scoring goals.
We end up playing shorthanded - wanting to pass in triangles for days but teams contain us cos we ain't got that penetrative pace - if you occupy our Wingbacks like Everton showed - we're dead.
Payoff who doesn't fit the plan but must replace them with better players - we never really replaced TW,Ox - never got to use Gnabry - all pace. We've a few wide strikers in our reserves but we need men.
------------------------------------------------
Do what ManU are considering:

"CASH OUT Man Utd set up emergency pay-off fund to offload flops including £505,000-a-week Sanchez and Rojo"

MANCHESTER UNITED have set up an emergency pay-off fund to get their flops out this summer.......“The club are setting aside a contingency fund to get certain players moving out in the summer.....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... emergency/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know Valencia lost 2-3 at Atletico last night but that looks a better result than ours - we cannot beat LCFC away & i expect Chelsea to cement 4th by beating a disjointed & imploding ManU @OT
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bepanda wrote:Sokratis scored a goal today, but he was awful in defense today.
The second goal: He kept the Wolves player onside. Normally, everyone should move up on dead balls like that. Also, why was there only one Arsenal player by the corner trying to prevent the passes?
Leno should have saved that 3rd goal, but Sokratis just let the guy run by him. The regular Sokratis would have at least offer some form of challenge.
Also many times, Sokratis just looked like Mustafi out there.
Bepanda

he was due a bad game. Plus we always have a 'Mustafi' :cry: :cry: :cry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:BBC Yoruba na baskard! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Punishment is not good stew/food. 1st slap, 2nd slap, won’t Arsenal’s eyes that is being slapped be blinded?

we know you're now a Tottenham fan :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Given other results, all we needed was 4 points from Crystal Palace at home and Wolves Away. Only 4 farking points against mid-table teams, not top 4 or top 6 teams, and this group of players could not deliver.

I am livid. :curse: :curse: :curse:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Despite the disappointments of the last 2 results, we can still do this.

Spurs currently have 70 points.
I see Spurs getting minimum 7 points from their last 3 fixtures - West Ham 3 (H), Bournemouth 1 (A) and Everton 3 (H). This takes them to a total of 77 points.

Chelsea currently have 67 points.
I predict Chelsea getting 5 points maximum from their last 3 fixtures - ManU 1 (A), Watford 3 (H) and Leicester 1 (H). This takes them to a total of 72 points.

ManU currently have 64 points
I predict ManU getting 7 points maximum from their last 3 fixtures - Chelsea 1 (H), Huddersfield 3 (A) and Cardiff 3 (H). This takes them to a total of 71 points.

Arsenal currently have 66 points.
I predict us getting 7 points maximum from our last 3 fixtures - Leicester 1 (A), Brighton 3 (H) and Burnley 3 (A). This takes us to a total of 73 points.

Here is to HOPE. :winking:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

By the info on the above link we're 3rd on the payroll list above Chelsea & Liverpool while ManU are 1st above ManC yet we're busting our guts for 5th/6th - Oh damn

Manchester United F.C --------. - £148,980,000
Manchester City F.C.------------- - £144,456,000
Arsenal F.C. - ------------------ £127,871,273
Chelsea F.C. - ------------------ £125,392,000
Liverpool F.C. –-------------------- £122,200,000
Tottenham Hotspur F.C ------------- £86,346,000

Y’all gotta admit Liverpool & Spurs stand a far better chance to make Bank if clubs come in aggressive for some of their stars this Summer – we’re stuck!!!!
Yes, if you add in transfer fees, we ain't really in the dance but why're we paying Swegbe players bigstyle wages tho!!?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:BBC Yoruba na baskard! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

we know you're now a Tottenham fan :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
No be me write the article o! :lol: :lol: :lol: