The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

I was highly skeptical of the $100 million Dembele deal. And Ramshyt dey play Arsenal like fiddle :taunt:
Last edited by anikulapo on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Any fan that is not happy should make an irresistible offer.

Some people's word will come to haunt them now :)
Thanks Waffiman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This news once again reminds us Arsenal is a business first and football club second. Even if we continue to suck the club's branding power which includes ever-increasing EPL TV revenues will make this a handsome investment for Kroenke. He has no incentive to win. Just fatten up the cow and sell when an irresistible offer comes along.
Thanks for what?

None of my words will hunt me. I have always maintained Arsenal was a self sustaining business. If Kroenke puts the debt he used in purchasing his shares in the club. Then, I will seriously consider what to do next. I can say right now, if that happens, not a penny of my hard earned money will ever be spent on the club. I have already made a vow not to purchase anything from Arsenal henceforth.

On Sunday, when I go for the game, I will make sure I buy nothing from the club. My financial boycott has started and it will end with me not renewing my ST next season if the club accounts confirm Kroenke wants the fans to pay for his share purchases.

I am already on my way out. Others can do what they please, but I do not want to be a part of this sham.
whether the club accounts shows it or not, directly or indirectly, some of the club's revenues will eventually go into repaying the loan Kroenke used to buy the club. If you want to be sincere, don't make your financial boycott contingent on anything.
My immediate financial boycott is based on seeing the papers to the with share purchases. It clearly shows the club being loaded with legal and other miscellaneous fees to do with Kroenke's share purchase.

Going by the above, I expect the loan or parts of it to follow, however, I must be sure before I take my best action. I am being consistent with my actions.

To be honest, I am now at the point of preparing myself to be without a season ticket next season. If I had know this was going to happen, I would not have renewed my ST. I have had one for almost 30 years consecutively. All good things must come to an end. Mine is approaching.

Fair weather fan :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Abeg sell ya tickets to me biko :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:It’s a bloody shame what Wenger did to Lucas Perez. This guy rarely had a bad game for Arsenal but Wenger just destroyed this guy mentally by rewarding good performances with extended time on the bench and then giving away his number without even telling him .... POOR GUY I hope he does well at West Ham :thumb:
If it is Wenger's fault, why did his value continue to collapse even after he left Arsenal? What did he do in Deportivo last year. The guy was NOT Arsenal quality.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:It’s a bloody shame what Wenger did to Lucas Perez. This guy rarely had a bad game for Arsenal but Wenger just destroyed this guy mentally by rewarding good performances with extended time on the bench and then giving away his number without even telling him .... POOR GUY I hope he does well at West Ham :thumb:
If it is Wenger's fault, why did his value continue to collapse even after he left Arsenal? What did he do in Deportivo last year. The guy was NOT Arsenal quality.

Anyway you’re a lineal thinker and a muppet ... considering you were such a useless player who cried like a little girl that I destroyed ya confidence, you should be able to relate to Lucas :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Ebyboy wrote:
tolahs wrote:EPL 2017-18 notes:
Arsenal conceded 51 league goals - only five fewer than relegated Swansea and only four less than the Manchester clubs let in between them(ManC-27 & ManU-28).
4 away clean sheets(21%) - shared with WBA but worse than Brighton and Southampton.
15 goals conceded in last 30mins of away games - lack of fight alert(if ever you needed one).
Cech made the most errors leading to a Premier League goal last season: 6 - the standards expected of him must stay high, looks to be working on his kicking - took too long.
Xhaka made 3 errors while Mustafi made 2 - tbh, i would've swore it was 2x for those 2(especially Mustafi).

Onto Sunday & beyond - what was clearly on display last season mainly away from home was lack of confidence, resilience & street smarts, especially when we conceded 1st & early......our 1st two fixtures this season don't give us the time to grow some "cajones"(excuse my Spanish) - we must have ours from the get go.
A case in point from last season was ManU @emirates - they came -applied pressure upfront, got 2 goals - if the ball pressing is getting too close for comfy, resort to some long balls - we lack a winger for that out ball but we cannot make crazy errors at the back.
I don't know that any of our central defenders has a turn of pace - how much will we be committed to shielded them - Sunday will give us clues as to what Emery's thinking is. Tough deck, he needed a bit more money.
Apt and interesting ‘notes’. I am almost certain the coach has worked on this.
I hope to see substantial improvement away and in the goals conceded stats
this season.
Our 1st two fixtures are w/o question a Baptism by fire - what we often lacked last season was intensity - unavoidable from day dot(going forward). What we get in this encounters can affect confidence - gotta leave it on the pitch - the preseason has been great - looking from the outside.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

23 minutes left, we are still hearing Arsenal not close on Ramsey contract deal.

Why haven't they sold him?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:23 minutes left, we are still hearing Arsenal not close on Ramsey contract deal.

because you did not offer to buy him for man u, please send the money and they will sell ( shebi he is better than the whole team combined ) why has no one come for him ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Players can still be sold or loaned to non EPL clubs. Can't bring anyone in now until January.

Arsenal still need a midfielder and two defenders.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:23 minutes left, we are still hearing Arsenal not close on Ramsey contract deal.

because you did not offer to buy him for man u, please send the money and they will sell ( shebi he is better than the whole team combined ) why has no one come for him ?
I guess they haven't learn't from the Alexis Sanchez debacle.

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

What is Arsenal doing with the money they make. West Ham, Fulham, Everton, Leiseter, have all gotten good players by shelling serious dough! I keep saying, you need the best players to win. Our only hope this year is the Europa. I am pissed we need a defender, and we let Everton get Mina.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal has had 2 managers in like 20 years.

Chelsea has had 11 managers in 15 years.

Kroenke was Arsenal problem, not entirely Wenger. I do agree Wenger had to go because he was burn't out and the club need a new voice. But Wenger was not Arsenal problem. The problem was Stan Kroenke.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
“Read your rubbish above. It sums your perverted miserable life up. What are you trying trying to prove? A scum like you cannot be in my league and you know it. I have warned you stay out of my business but you keep on butting in to exposed your sad, perverted, ignominious, waste of a person you are.

How can anyone with any decency or integrity make such a statement with such pomposity and arrogance, when they are full to the brim with ignorance. It really sums you up. You are a pathetic low life scum. You are such a farking cvnt, you reek with the puss of jealousy and you will always ride my d#$%.

Respect yourself, stay out of my business.

This time I pity your miserable sad life by educating you. Not that it will make any difference. You farking perverted nonce.”
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheiii see how dem fry Sisi Yemisi like fresh ball of Akara :rotf: :rotf:

My goodness see finishing :mrgreen:
Egbe oshi. When I start on him and he starts whining you will turn around and be begging me to stop. As mentioned in my reply to him, if he thinks my life is miserable because he has to educate me about Arsenal then it speaks more to his life or lack thereof.

Wenger's gone, new chapter ahead. I can't complain. He on the other hand can continue to spin Wenger fables to his minions. Once Wenger hopefully signs for another club he can feck off and support them. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:Players can still be sold or loaned to non EPL clubs. Can't bring anyone in now until January.

I think we've done enough business for now. The squad is okay for the moment until we see how the new coach and new signings pan out. If needed, adjustments can be made in January. All of Arsenal's problems can't be solved in one transfer window.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Players can still be sold or loaned to non EPL clubs. Can't bring anyone in now until January.

I think we've done enough business for now. The squad is okay for the moment until we see how the new coach and new signings pan out. If needed, adjustments can be made in January. All of Arsenal's problems can't be solved in one transfer window.
The squad is not okay. We lack quality defenders, and need one more midfielder. You are right all of Arsenal problems can't be fixed in one window. But they can try to fix them. Give an effort.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Perhaps his confidence has been destroyed.

You could be right that he isn't good enough, hard to say for sure. But personally I think he wasn't given enough opportunities like was given to scrubs like Bendtner, Senderos, Almunia etc. There might be a decent player in there somewhere.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Frankly prefer arsenal not make any further just above average type additions as in previous windows. Perez, Gabriel, Mustafi, Welbeck etc. All overpriced, overpaid and become hindrance in attempts to add to squad in future transfer windows.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

The squad is not okay. We lack quality defenders, and need one more midfielder. You are right all of Arsenal problems can't be fixed in one window. But they can try to fix them. Give an effort.
I said it's okay for the moment so we can assess. I didn't say it's okay for the long term. Too many changes can complicate things even more. Until some players can be offloaded (Ospina, welbz, etc), it'll be tough to bring in additional quality players. They'll only end up settling for cheap knock-offs to balance the books. So I'd rather wait until we free some wages and recoup some more revenue from sales before going shopping again.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
“Read your rubbish above. It sums your perverted miserable life up. What are you trying trying to prove? A scum like you cannot be in my league and you know it. I have warned you stay out of my business but you keep on butting in to exposed your sad, perverted, ignominious, waste of a person you are.

How can anyone with any decency or integrity make such a statement with such pomposity and arrogance, when they are full to the brim with ignorance. It really sums you up. You are a pathetic low life scum. You are such a farking cvnt, you reek with the puss of jealousy and you will always ride my d#$%.

Respect yourself, stay out of my business.

This time I pity your miserable sad life by educating you. Not that it will make any difference. You farking perverted nonce.”
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheiii see how dem fry Sisi Yemisi like fresh ball of Akara :rotf: :rotf:

My goodness see finishing :mrgreen:
Egbe oshi. When I start on him and he starts whining you will turn around and be begging me to stop. As mentioned in my reply to him, if he thinks my life is miserable because he has to educate me about Arsenal then it speaks more to his life or lack thereof.

Wenger's gone, new chapter ahead. I can't complain. He on the other hand can continue to spin Wenger fables to his minions. Once Wenger hopefully signs for another club he can feck off and support them. :)

Weak and Pathetic Come Back :lol: :lol:

You just took a bloody facial from all the way from across the Atlantic :taunt: :taunt:

Go find some Kleenex and wipe that face ..: Ode :taunt:
Last edited by anikulapo on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

I said it's okay for the moment so we can assess. I didn't say it's okay for the long term. Too many changes can complicate things even more. Until some players can be offloaded (Ospina, welbz, etc), it'll be tough to bring in additional quality players. They'll only end up settling for cheap knock-offs to balance the books. So I'd rather wait until we free some wages and recoup some more revenue from sales before going shopping again.
It is not okay for the moment.

1. Still have Mustaffi at Arsenal. Koscielny is out for the season. Arsenal center backs are currently Sokratis, Mustaffi, Holden and Mavrapanos. That is not okay for the moment or long term.
2. Ramsey still have not signed a long term contract, one year left on his deal.
3. Arsenal lost two creative midfielders in Wilshere and Carzola. We replaced them with a 19 year old unproven player in Guendouzi.
4. Belerin is still a defensive liability.
5. Monreal has one year left on his deal. Arsenal should have sold him and bought a replacement if he is not the long term answer.
6. Everton, Fulham and West ham have out spent Arsenal.
7. Arsenal recently signed a 10 million pounds deal with Rwanda, and have agreed a 300 million pounds 5 year deal with Adidas. Money they get from TV rights deal alone is over 100 million pounds. What is happening to all of this money?

Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

tolahs wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
tolahs wrote:EPL 2017-18 notes:
Arsenal conceded 51 league goals - only five fewer than relegated Swansea and only four less than the Manchester clubs let in between them(ManC-27 & ManU-28).
4 away clean sheets(21%) - shared with WBA but worse than Brighton and Southampton.
15 goals conceded in last 30mins of away games - lack of fight alert(if ever you needed one).
Cech made the most errors leading to a Premier League goal last season: 6 - the standards expected of him must stay high, looks to be working on his kicking - took too long.
Xhaka made 3 errors while Mustafi made 2 - tbh, i would've swore it was 2x for those 2(especially Mustafi).

Onto Sunday & beyond - what was clearly on display last season mainly away from home was lack of confidence, resilience & street smarts, especially when we conceded 1st & early......our 1st two fixtures this season don't give us the time to grow some "cajones"(excuse my Spanish) - we must have ours from the get go.
A case in point from last season was ManU @emirates - they came -applied pressure upfront, got 2 goals - if the ball pressing is getting too close for comfy, resort to some long balls - we lack a winger for that out ball but we cannot make crazy errors at the back.
I don't know that any of our central defenders has a turn of pace - how much will we be committed to shielded them - Sunday will give us clues as to what Emery's thinking is. Tough deck, he needed a bit more money.
Apt and interesting ‘notes’. I am almost certain the coach has worked on this.
I hope to see substantial improvement away and in the goals conceded stats
this season.
Our 1st two fixtures are w/o question a Baptism by fire - what we often lacked last season was intensity - unavoidable from day dot(going forward). What we get in this encounters can affect confidence - gotta leave it on the pitch - the preseason has been great - looking from the outside.
True. We would know very quickly IF we are going to
be competitive this year. Our first game in particular
will indicate IF our defensive schemes are effective.

Over to Emery and the boys.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

It is not okay for the moment.

1. Still have Mustaffi at Arsenal. Koscielny is out for the season. Arsenal center backs are currently Sokratis, Mustaffi, Holden and Mavrapanos. That is not okay for the moment or long term.
2. Ramsey still have not signed a long term contract, one year left on his deal.
3. Arsenal lost two creative midfielders in Wilshere and Carzola. We replaced them with a 19 year old unproven player in Guendouzi.
4. Belerin is still a defensive liability.
5. Monreal has one year left on his deal. Arsenal should have sold him and bought a replacement if he is not the long term answer.
6. Everton, Fulham and West ham have out spent Arsenal.
7. Arsenal recently signed a 10 million pounds deal with Rwanda, and have agreed a 300 million pounds 5 year deal with Adidas. Money they get from TV rights deal alone is over 100 million pounds. What is happening to all of this money?
Might be Kroenke and Deutsche Bank have first dibs on the
dosh :taunt: :taunt: :sneaky: .

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Ol boy no need spending like no tomorrow.

We are a Europa level team now. So we need to be realistic about our level of competition and the resources to spend.

We have done enough to compete for the Europa League and fight for a top 4 finish.

So far so good.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

cchinukw wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Ol boy no need spending like no tomorrow.

We are a Europa level team now. So we need to be realistic about our level of competition and the resources to spend.

We have done enough to compete for the Europa League and fight for a top 4 finish.

So far so good.
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Totenham
Man United

are better than Arsenal. We will be lucky to make the top 4. May even miss out on Europa league if one or two teams surprise like Leicester a few years ago. West Ham, Everton and Fulham are spending big.

I am looking through the squad right now.

1. The defense is weak
2. The midfield lack quality depth.
3. Our strength is the attack.
4. Goalkeeping is also a strength.

GK- Leno, Cech, Martinez
RB- Belerin, lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
CB- Mustaffi, Sokratis, Holden, Mavrapanos
MF- Ramsey, Guendouzi, Torreria, Xhaka, Elneny, Niles
FW- Aubemenyang, Lacazzette, Ozil, Iwobi, Mikhitaryan, Welbeck, Nelson,Nketiah