The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:Guendouzi is a defensive liability right now. He needs to improve that part of his game. Cech saved him on that breakaway from Aguero.
A 19 year old puts up a cracking display against top quality opposition in his league debut, you write the rubbish above.

Look he is a 19 year old, he will make mistakes, that's what young players do. For a young player, he made few mistakes and showed top quality play. You talk about defensive liabity, on what basis did you come to that conclusion?

Man stop taking drugs. :curse: :curse:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:The Guardian predicts a lineup for us that'll make Mendy & Walker sleep peacefully - our lack of penetrative pace out wide is a concern - moreso if your creative players have to do more tracking back than effecting play in the offensive 3rd.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ch-preview
What do you mean out wide? Since when do our wide forwards go out wide? Are you suggesting our wide forwards provide width?
Against ManC - our FBs will be pinned back - the 2 wide players must trackback to help out - Ozil & Mkhi by the above formation have to defend against Walker & Mendy - built in disadvantage. Like i've said B4 - i'll put Nelson in one of those slots - you must force ManC defenders towards their goal. We're asking a lot of Auba with this set of players.
Just like Mahrez and Sterling must defend and help out against our FBs.

But this is not my point. My point is when you say wingers, did you mean it in the traditional sense of the word? City wide forwards, like all wide forwards in the league, cut in from wide positions. They don't go around the FBs and try to whip a cross in. In fact the FBs provide width.

Today's game showed you one area where they have superiority is their wide forwards. They have wide forwards who have serious pace, trickery, tight control, plenty of dribbling ability. They drive with the ball and disorganise defensive lines. Arsenal lack that type of player and they do not come cheap. City, have four of top quality. They made all the difference today, they got their two goals.
Common Prof - the reason many gooners wanted Dembele & b4 that Riyad is cos of their ability to beat a man & also be play makers -
Pires & Freddy were playmakers who could play wide - passed quick balls, hit space fast & very effective at scoring.
We now have too many caressers of the ball in our 11 & that kills effective counterattack chances - some players will feel some kinda way but we must do something. Riyad did everything he could to be part of us & as always we found ways to not play ball -cheap or not, you need ways to decompress compact defensive set ups.
Our FBs could do with"wide forwards who have serious pace, trickery, tight control, plenty of dribbling ability" in front of them - i'll look forward to how Liverpool vs ManC goes.
One way AW got around that was play 2 FBs on 1 side - it used to be Cole/Clichy then recently Sagna/Eboue - Emery needs a pacy youngster or hope Danny_W is good for the Bridge.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Unai Emery: “Danny has multi-position possibilities: right winger, left winger, striker. And, yesterday, he worked with us at left back. His performance was good.”

I am saying this gaffer's got a sense of humour - cannot be serious - Danny has lost pace for a shorter pitch @winger - to me he makes a good target man sub when we're pinned back & need someone to put in a shift upfront - not FB - defending against Riyad etc.
Did you say Danny has lost pace? How do you know this to make such a categoric statement?

I hope you are not using a not so fit Danny to draw your above conclusion? Judge Danny's physical attributes when he is fit and healthy.
His industry & desire will forever be A+ but I saw a player last season who was fresher than most, struggling to get that acceleration when he wanted - he'll not be the 1st - injuries at some point affect the body - you can't keep going ball to the Well. It was there to see last season - My bro-in-law ManU supporter who has watched him since he was a kid noticed it too.
Has the WC training improved him - I hope & pray so, cos i am a fan(always have been).
Welbeck was not match fit all last season. Don't judge on last season.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Why would you want to convert Cech into a ball playing GK in the evening of his career?

Why would u play Ozil in a wide role?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Guendouzi is a defensive liability right now. He needs to improve that part of his game. Cech saved him on that breakaway from Aguero.
A 19 year old puts up a cracking display against top quality opposition in his league debut, you write the rubbish above.

Look he is a 19 year old, he will make mistakes, that's what young players do. For a young player, he made few mistakes and showed top quality play. You talk about defensive liabity, on what basis did you come to that conclusion?

Some fool's gone and brought a Gendhouzi knife to a gunfight!!!

But I commend him for his bravery...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:Watching the original Arsenal on sky now....not the Muppets they parade today.
My bro, if those players were available in the world of Sugar daddies, they will not be original Arsenal. They will be playing for the highest bidder.

Arsenal paid top dollar to keep those players in their time, today they do not even try to compete for the best players. That's the difference.

Arsena pay top dollars .... just to and for the wrong players
Arsenal wanted Bernado Silva. Got blown out by City. Arsenal pay 2nd tier money for 3 to 4 players. City pay top dollars for every player in their squad. Chelsea do, ManU do and Liverpool are joining them.

Guys, we need to accept our position and start from there. I have been saying this here for years. I say it again, top 4 and silverware is a very good season.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:

Ohenhen wanted the kid to go on loan to a lower league club(sorry, if iam wrong on that) - he was the most fouled by ManC - the kid has great tools. We as gooners easily forget how frequently a young Cesc would pass dangerously right in front of the backline - we have a gaffer who knows how to nurture young talent - this kid has made his debut against one of the best teams in Europe. He's a stayer.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:Why would you want to convert Cech into a ball playing GK in the evening of his career?

We have a new Coach, in time he will know his team and they will play to his way. We also bought a goalie, he too needs time.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Waffiman wrote:

Temper down.

Did I tell a lie? or do you want me to post video evidence.

He is a defensive liability. Facts not feelings.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

txj wrote:Why would you want to convert Cech into a ball playing GK in the evening of his career?

The earlier we make those calls as a team.the easier it'll get. You can't call teams expensive, yet try to pass through them. The gaffer cannot be scared to hurt peoples' feelings. Not a luxury we can afford
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Ohenhen wanted the kid to go on loan to a lower league club(sorry, if iam wrong on that) - he was the most fouled by ManC - the kid has great tools. We as gooners easily forget how frequently a young Cesc would pass dangerously right in front of the backline - we have a gaffer who knows how to nurture young talent - this kid has made his debut against one of the best teams in Europe. He's a stayer.
I still want him to go out on loan. Not to a lower division. Maybe to Lile in France or another Ligue one club. He can work on his game and come back next season. I guess my philosophy is different. I think young players need to play. Guendouzi is not good enough to start for a club like Arsenal full time at this point of his career. You also risk destroying his confidence. The scary part of today game is Man city was not at full strength.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:Watching the original Arsenal on sky now....not the Muppets they parade today.
My bro, if those players were available in the world of Sugar daddies, they will not be original Arsenal. They will be playing for the highest bidder.

Arsenal paid top dollar to keep those players in their time, today they do not even try to compete for the best players. That's the difference.

Arsena pay top dollars .... just to and for the wrong players
Arsenal wanted Bernado Silva. Got blown out by City. Arsenal pay 2nd tier money for 3 to 4 players. City pay top dollars for every player in their squad. Chelsea do, ManU do and Liverpool are joining them.

Guys, we need to accept our position and start from there. I have been saying this here for years. I say it again, top 4 and silverware is a very good season.

How much did Arsenal pay for Xhacrap, Mustafi, Ozil and in their Swap for Alexis?

How much did Abu and Laca cost?

Yes Arsenal do pay top dollar .... please stop
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so a new era without Wenger started with a bangx2 :blink:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Unai Emery: “Danny has multi-position possibilities: right winger, left winger, striker. And, yesterday, he worked with us at left back. His performance was good.”

I am saying this gaffer's got a sense of humour - cannot be serious - Danny has lost pace for a shorter pitch @winger - to me he makes a good target man sub when we're pinned back & need someone to put in a shift upfront - not FB - defending against Riyad etc.
Did you say Danny has lost pace? How do you know this to make such a categoric statement?

I hope you are not using a not so fit Danny to draw your above conclusion? Judge Danny's physical attributes when he is fit and healthy.
His industry & desire will forever be A+ but I saw a player last season who was fresher than most, struggling to get that acceleration when he wanted - he'll not be the 1st - injuries at some point affect the body - you can't keep going ball to the Well. It was there to see last season - My bro-in-law ManU supporter who has watched him since he was a kid noticed it too.
Has the WC training improved him - I hope & pray so, cos i am a fan(always have been).
Welbeck was not match fit all last season. Don't judge on last season.
I didn't watch Eng's matches at the WC but he got drills in - i play him wide if fit for the Bridge - his tenacity would be great for an away
fixture - we need an alternative to Auba for that outball - Danny will leave it on the pitch.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:The Guardian predicts a lineup for us that'll make Mendy & Walker sleep peacefully - our lack of penetrative pace out wide is a concern - moreso if your creative players have to do more tracking back than effecting play in the offensive 3rd.

What do you mean out wide? Since when do our wide forwards go out wide? Are you suggesting our wide forwards provide width?
Against ManC - our FBs will be pinned back - the 2 wide players must trackback to help out - Ozil & Mkhi by the above formation have to defend against Walker & Mendy - built in disadvantage. Like i've said B4 - i'll put Nelson in one of those slots - you must force ManC defenders towards their goal. We're asking a lot of Auba with this set of players.

But this is not my point. My point is when you say wingers, did you mean it in the traditional sense of the word? City wide forwards, like all wide forwards in the league, cut in from wide positions. They don't go around the FBs and try to whip a cross in. In fact the FBs provide width.

Today's game showed you one area where they have superiority is their wide forwards. They have wide forwards who have serious pace, trickery, tight control, plenty of dribbling ability. They drive with the ball and disorganise defensive lines. Arsenal lack that type of player and they do not come cheap. City, have four of top quality. They made all the difference today, they got their two goals.
Common Prof - the reason many gooners wanted Dembele & b4 that Riyad is cos of their ability to beat a man & also be play makers -
Pires & Freddy were playmakers who could play wide - passed quick balls, hit space fast & very effective at scoring.
We now have too many caressers of the ball in our 11 & that kills effective counterattack chances - some players will feel some kinda way but we must do something. Riyad did everything he could to be part of us & as always we found ways to not play ball -cheap or not, you need ways to decompress compact defensive set ups.
Our FBs could do with"wide forwards who have serious pace, trickery, tight control, plenty of dribbling ability" in front of them - i'll look forward to how Liverpool vs ManC goes.
One way AW got around that was play 2 FBs on 1 side - it used to be Cole/Clichy then recently Sagna/Eboue - Emery needs a pacy youngster or hope Danny_W is good for the Bridge.
We are both saying and want the same thing. The difference is, you referring to them as wingers is what I wanted to clarify. You have, and according to you, we do not want wingers. Dembele and Mahrez are not winners and they do not play like wingers.

Yes! We need a Dembele or Martial in our team and we must pony up.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Temper down.

Did I tell a lie? or do you want me to post video evidence.

He is a defensive liability. Facts not feelings.
I say you talking bolloxs and show the evidence
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I still want him to go out on loan. Not to a lower division. Maybe to Lile in France or another Ligue one club. He can work on his game and come back next season. I guess my philosophy is different. I think young players need to play. Guendouzi is not good enough to start for a club like Arsenal full time at this point of his career. You also risk destroying his confidence. The scary part of today game is Man city was not at full strength.
Intentionally or not, you're overrating the rest of our central midfield. He's mobile & will make better decisions as the season progresses but the kid for a debut - jitters & all did well.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

We are both saying and want the same thing. The difference is, you referring to them as wingers is what I wanted to clarify. You have, and according to you, we do not want wingers. Dembele and Mahrez are not winners and they do not play like wingers.

Conman and Costa nko :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Yeye man :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is simply not good enough for a serious title contender. Arsenal should just say it, they are not interested in winning trophies. They want to develop young player and sell them for profits.

But I must say I like his confidence, good prospect. Just need maybe 1 or 2 years of more development.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:

Nor mind Ohenhen. Na passion dey blind am. :D
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looking for a better video.

[/video]

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Semantics - i still call them wingers - we can see with Real Madrid & Barca - ball playing teams the importance of breaking thru transition defences - what the speedster(another word) does is he ain't scared to take people on - Ox had that whereas Aaron,Ozil,Mkhi will make a pass. For me give Nelson 60mins - even Titi has talked about how Pep wants one of his "widemen" to hug the touchline sometimes - seen AW give similar instructions.
Some teams like ManC with great pressing need to be shook-up someway - that our widemen go inside doesn't mean they wouldn't want to go outside if they could - Nelson seems to have that in his game
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:Looking for a better video.

[/video]
Equally important
@Squawka:
Among all Arsenal players vs. Man City, Matteo Guendouzi recorded:

• Most touches (72)
• Most passes attempted (47)
• Most fouls won (3)

Promising Premier League debut from the 19-year-old